FiM Toys for 2012 - Did Hasbro listen to the fans at last?

They certainly look better than the other ones, but i still think that having brushable hair makes them look funny... I just want plastic hair, or maybe rubber so it's malleable... Either way i want it to look more authentic, i'm actually more interested in the McD toy's than this

• Like 1

You've been a pony fan since the 1800s. Tell me, Scotchie, has Hasbro always been this slow to respond to the wants of fans?

Considering I was in a room with the Hasbro marketing department in 2007 while they answered our pleas about having boy ponies in the g3 line and maybe bot having them in the same damn pose, or releasing more editions of Pinkie Pie with "you're not our target audience"?

Yes.

Also, 1800's. Cute. Real cute. :P

Probably, but I'd rather think that it is them listening to us. My buzz, stop harshin' on it!

Well, may be a bit of both. 'Hey, Bronies want white Celestia... Well, we have the pink Princess Cadence coming out, and the white Celestia uses the same mold/design as the pink Celestia... Eh, why not? All the parents that were going to get a a pink Celestia for their kid got it for them for Christmas, so we've milked that cow for what it's worth!'

Well, may be a bit of both. 'Hey, Bronies want white Celestia... Well, we have the pink Princess Cadence coming out, and the white Celestia uses the same mold/design as the pink Celestia... Eh, why not? All the parents that were going to get a a pink Celestia for their kid got it for them for Christmas, so we've milked that cow for what it's worth!'

Celestia is an alicorn, not a cow, silly!

It is very sensible and shrewd of Hasbro to start selling toys that will appeal to adult viewers but still work just as well for children as their existing ones. Sure, any kids who haven't seen "Boast Busters" don't know who Trixie is. But they don't know who Lily Blossom is, either, so they haven't lost anything there. (If Trixie comes with a pet swan, I'm buying her in an instant.)

I think this is all just symptomatic of the long lead-time of toy development. The mane six, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the Princesses weren't just created at the same time as Episode 1, they were part of Lauren Faust's Development Bible, and Hasbro has known about them and how they were going to look since day one. Whereas Mrs Cake, for example, was probably only created when "Applebuck Season" was in development, so any toy based on her would take a lot longer to come to market. Now, finally, characters from early Season 1 are coming through the process.

So, how long until we start seeing fanart and fanfic about Zecora glowing in the dark? "I am glad that you enjoy my tea; the secret ingredient is radium, you see."

• Like 1

means that Pon-3 is getting an official name.... brb, getting my popcorn for when the fan outrage begins.

...she's HAD an official name, she's "Vinyl Scratch" with the official Stage Name of "DJ PON-3"

So, how long until we start seeing fanart and fanfic about Zecora glowing in the dark? "I am glad that you enjoy my tea; the secret ingredient is radium, you see."

Like I said, I REALLY hope there is NOT a canon explanation for that...

...she's HAD an official name, she's "Vinyl Scratch" with the official Stage Name of "DJ PON-3"

Citation needed. Seriously, where did you hear that it was in any way official? I'm with Dessa on this. Sure, DJ P0N-3 was used in an add by The Hub... but that in no way makes it official, as all names have to go through Hasbro and the toy makers. Hasbro ≠ The Hub, The Hub = Hasbro. While The Hub is apart of Hasbro, The Hub probably does not have any say on toys, and Hasbro let's them do their own thing... like making Equestria Girls. That came from The Hub, not Hasbro. The Hub is the employees, Hasbro is the owner. Somewhere between them is a manager, which Hasbro trust to handle The Hub.

Well she's also called DJ PON-3 on all the officially licensed We Love Fine shirts (both in desc and printed on the shirt itself) I assume Hasbro has to approve licensing, though I could be wrong and WLF is another 'hub' that isnt tied directly to canon...

"DJ P0N-3" really doesn't sound like a pony name, though, whereas "Vinyl Scratch" fits precisely with Equestrian naming convention. I'll be happy with either name, although I prefer "Vinyl Scratch", and I think it's the one we're more likely to see on the toy packaging.

Neither may make it, as both are fandom made names. See: Heartstrings (Lyra), Berry Shine (Berry Punch), and Golden Harvest (Carrot Top).

hi hi

DJ P0N-3 was referenced by that name in an advertisement for the show, and I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the names like Heartstrings or Golden Harvest, I mean they tried to rename Trixie "Lulamoon," for some reason. (Just look at the cutie mark.)

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-the-great-and-powerful-what.jpg

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. That's all I'm really trying to say. :)

hi hi

DJ P0N-3 was referenced by that name in an advertisement for the show, and I wouldn't put too much emphasis on the names like Heartstrings or Golden Harvest, I mean they tried to rename Trixie "Lulamoon," for some reason. (Just look at the cutie mark.)

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-the-great-and-powerful-what.jpg

I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way. That's all I'm really trying to say. :)

The mane is completely wrong, I'm not sure it's supposed to be Trixie, they could have just reused the cutiemark (look how many ponies we've seen with hourglasses for instance --- yes some of them may be a Dr Who(oves) joke, but there are mares too and unless I'm mistaken there's never been a female Doctor, so...)

• Like 1

The mane is completely wrong, I'm not sure it's supposed to be Trixie, they could have just reused the cutiemark (look how many ponies we've seen with hourglasses for instance --- yes some of them may be a Dr Who(oves) joke, but there are mares too and unless I'm mistaken there's never been a female Doctor, so...)

there's only five mane styles with the toys. fluttershy doesn't even get her own mane. she's just a ranbowdash mould painted like fluttershy. I fairly sure that's supposed to be trixie :)

FluttershyFIMpv_L_collec-jcg.jpg