Anyone wanting a Luna/Celestia sisterhood episode?

I think we need more dynamic between Luna and Celestia as sisters. Who agrees? A snapshot of their childhood, and their current friendship would be so cute!! I mean, Celestia is always reading letters from the mane six, what about her writing a letter to Luna at the end?

Maybe I'm just crazy, but we need more Princess Luna!

I think the story behind Celestia/Luna -- and their longevity and place in the world -- is probably one of the most sought after story elements to date. I'm sure we'll eventually get some background on them outside of what we got in the first moments of the pilot, and if they are related to Cadance. The mystery is just so thrilling, isn't it?

What about her redesign? I didn't like it at first -- I liked the original Luna from the pilot. Buuuut, the new version is definitely growing on me. Now that I've actually given it a chance, I sort of see how it was necessary to make her appear older and more developed (with the flowing mane especially) in Nightmare Night. She's quite an adorable and complex character; I hope they explore her more.

I think it would be nice to explore the bond between Celestia and Luna as besides being cameo characters their backstory is only explored through fanon.

Maybe an episode could be where the two for a day decided to spend some time together in Ponyville, yet being that they're royalty it proves difficult.

I'm expecting this to be released as a side-story somewhere personally...

As for luna's colors... I like to think the luna we saw in 102 was essentilly "filly luna" and the one we sat in 204(?) was "Mare Luna" I like both of them, I even like her 'battle mode' of Nightmare Moon (though as a villian she was quite a Large Ham...)

Ah, something some of you didn't quite "catch" here. If we're getting more "accurate" toys this Fall, including a correct-colored Celestia and Nightmare moon toy, then there's a chance Hasbro will want more screen time with them. Their release in the fall would allow them to have an episode or two in season 3, as well. Since, if Season 2 finishes in Spring, and the break is in Summer, that brings us to...Fall

We don't know WHEN the new Season starts, but it has to be Mid-end Summer or later. Which will bring us closer to the new toys' release date. So there is a major chance that we could see more screentime with nightmare moon, which I'm always looking forward to. And of course, if they did this, they would have to tie in her "return" to somewhere, correct? That would have to be Princess Luna.

Of course, all of this entire topic is speculation, but this is just my input! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, I somewhat expected some sort of Celestia and Luna cameo at the end of "SisterHooves Special". Perhaps Celestia would be reading Rarity's letter and Luna would join her or some other similar moment just bonding as sisters. Im particularly interested on how well Luna is doing adapting after banishment or what she's doing around the castle. Or perhaps she has her own place that needs to be kept running back on the moon? If there's any character that is in dire need of screen time, its her.

More luna is always better... although i dont know how effective backstory will be considering there's very light continuity in the show... sure we might learn a lot about the characters, but will it EVER be brought up again? we havent seen Pinkie's family since the cutie mark episode...

More luna is always better... although i dont know how effective backstory will be considering there's very light continuity in the show... sure we might learn a lot about the characters, but will it EVER be brought up again? we havent seen Pinkie's family since the cutie mark episode...

...or Twilight's parents. They live in different cities and aren't relevant to the story. However, we do see Mr. and Mrs. Cake multiple times, because they live in Ponyville, even if they are only minor plot points. It's like, you move out on your own and don't see or talk to your parents as much. They aren't as big of a part in your life because you're your own adult individual.

That's why I love this show so much, it shows these ponies as adults..still growing up and still having challenges, just like us. It's great because anybody can relate.

And I think a lot of people can relate to the issue of sisterhood, so they should definitely do a "typical sister" scene with Luna and Celestia, such as the same old "you wore my shirt didn't you?!" line, except with probably maybe a crown or something. ^ ^

The only ponies outside of the main 6 that I want to see featured in episodes are Celestia and Luna. But my standard for episodes involving them is higher than for the mane 6. I'm willing to wait for however long it takes to get a strong one.

I predict that I would enjoy it more if some or all of the mane 6 were also involved.