Spoons and Snails go Haywire (Private, QuickLime, BossHoss, Mojo)

Mojo

sml_gallery_475_9_23915.jpgHaywire

As the bell rang to end classes for the day, Haywire bolts out of the school house. The rust colored blank flank filly had big plans and she wanted to get right to them.

"I'm goin' explorin'! I'm goin' explorin'!" the blonde filly said as she skipped along the trail. Not watching where she was going, she collides with Silver Spoon, causing both fillies to tumble to the ground.

"Oh my! I'm SO surry! Didn't see ya thar, Silver Spoon! Here, let me help ya up!"

Silver Spoon flinched as she got knocked over, by a BLANK FLANK none the less! "Like watch where you are GOING Blank flank" She said and frowned getting up and flipped her hair, adjusting her glasses with her hoof "Where are you like bumbling off to ?" The little Blank Flank seemed spunky...the type of pony Silver Spoon would like to be friends with... but Diamond Tiara would NEVER approve.

Snails trotted out of the schoolhouse only half paying attention to what was going on around him.

He sat down under a tree and thought about one of the class activities this week, which is giving Hearts an Hooves valentines.

His mind raced with thoughts of all the fillies laughing at a skinny beanpole colt like him handing any of them a valentine, even that awesome Sunrise Beach, or, or...

Snails suddenly heard an angry filly yelling "Blank Flank" and looked up, seeing Silver Spoon glaring at Haywire. Heck, she's cute and all but she would definitely laugh at him if he did that.

The orange colt clopped a hoof on the ground to make some noise "Hay Silver Spoon, I'm sure she didnt' mean it, eh."

As Haywire was nervously apologizing, she heard Snails' voice and smiled.

"Oh, hi Snails!" the shorter rust colored filly neighed. "Glad you're here! I was hopin' you'd come with me. I found this great cave out in the Everfree Forest, and I was hopin' you could use your horn to light the way! Who knows? We might even find some treasure in that thar cave! I'd settle fer findin' some bats. It'd be fun to have a bat fer a pet, maybe even a whole buncha bats I could train to fly and screech on command!"

Silver Spoon was about to say something nasty, though then she caught sight of Snails, she felt her cheeks go pink... "I... well..yeah I guess like she didn't..." She muttered kicking at the ground. Recently she had found herself rather...attracted to that tall gangly dork and she didn't even know why!

"You can't like go there! It's like dangerous!" She protested hearing them mention a cave they were going to explore.. every fiber of her wanting to join them! When she was a much younger filly she had loved to explore caves..

Snails looked at the fillies as the argument seemed to sputter out when he called out to them. Well, that's one good thing he did today.

Haywire was as excited as the entire CMC trio in one pony and suddenly asked him to be a light for her in a cave as she looked for treasure, or bats.

He had been warned not to go into a certain cave again, but if he went into a different cave... and, well, there was no stopping Haywire once she decided something, wether he ageed to go or not. He had a responsibility to protect fillies since he was a colt right? Besides it was a cave, and caves were AWESOME!

Just then, Silver Spoon spoke up saying it was dangerous. She had a light blush for some reason. It made her glasses stand out cutely.. * whut am I thinking, I'm a clumsy goof untill my body catches up ta my legs. *

He scuffed a hoof "Uh, yeh, I'd better come with ya Haywire. Ya might find the Ursa cave by accident. Ah know which one it is, and well, ah could use Cave Crickets ta study, eh."

"Don't worry bout that, Snails," the rust colored filly spoke, "I know better than to wrangle round with one of those big critters! MY cave has no Ursas in it, Major, Minor or otherwise!"

Then the blonde filly with the blue hairbow began to pose and throw her hooves in the air like she was shadow boxing.

"And if'n thar be any nasty critters in MY cave, I'll punch'm so hard, they'll run like wildfire all the way back to the mountains! Hay! My sister IS Haymaker, after all. She can punch and fight with the best of'm!"

Haywire then turned towards Silver Spoon.

"Oh Silver Spoon," Haywire giggled. "This cave's perfectly safe, I promise! Besides, the exercise'll do ya some good, unless you're CHICKEN! CHICK CHICK CHICKEN"

She then punctuated her words by imitating a chicken and pointing at the filly as she did it.

• 3 weeks later...

Silver Spoon's face went scarlet at that, and her chest swelled with air "I AM just as brave as YOU Haywire!" She snapped and stuck her nose in the air "FINE I'll come but ONLY so that you dont get snail KILLED with your crazy shenanigins!" Did she just say Shenanigins? UGH she'd been hanging around her Dad far too much!

She glanced at Snails when she was sure that he wasn't looking, moving a hoof to tuck the Hearts and Hooves Day card she was hiding deeper into her saddle bag.

Snails bounced on his hooves "Yay! We're gunna have so much fun! You will see!"

He wagged his tail as he turned to Haywire "Thanks fer inviting me! This will be Awesome!"

He then turned to face Silver Spoon. "And thanks fer coming too. Looking fer treasure is no fun alone, eh?"

Snails suddenly twisted around to look in his saddlebags "Everpony got snacks ta go around? Ah got water bottles here and cinnimon hay twists. How about you Haywire? Silver Spoons?"

"I always come ready fer action!" Haywire announced as she flipped open her saddle bag. "See here? I got some biscuits, hay chips and even some fresh apples I stole.. er... I mean FOUND on the way to school today! I can't wait ta go treasure huntin'!"

Haywire squeeled for joy as she hopped over to Silver Spoon.

"Glad fer comin' with us! A little fun now and then's jist what ya need!"

The rust colored filly then turned towards Snails.

"Sounds like yur ready for action too, Snails! This is gonna be a barrel of fun!"

• 2 weeks later...

SilverSpoon's face went a bit red and she checked in her bag "I like have some bottles of AppleCider, a few watercrest samwiches, and some carrots and thats it" She said, having kept the rather glitzy card tucked under all of that "Like whatever I'm just coming along to prove to you losers that I'm not Chicken so like lets GO already" She flipped her braid and stuck her nose in the air "I'm like WAITING"

Snails nickers and looks from SilverSpoon to Haywire, and back as the girls state their readyness.

He smiles a goofy grin "I guess I'm ready too, eh. Lets go. Ah dont know which cave ya mean ta take us to Haywire, so Ah'll follow ya."

Snails thought it was too bad there was no time to find his best bud Snips, but time was short already.

Maybe after facing a cave, he could feel confident enough to make use of the little card his mom had put in his pack for him to use on Hearts and Hooves day, but what filly would give him a card?..

"Right this way to adventure!" Haywire shouted, rearing up and neighing before galloping off towards the forest, hoping Silver Spoon and Snails will follow behind her. After a short trek, the rust colored blank flank filly approached what appeared to be a grove of bushes along the base of a mountain.

"C'mon y'all! The entrance to the cave is through these here bushes. Jist squeeze through'm like this!" Haywire neighed as she pushed her tiny frame in between two of the bushes until she 'popped' out on the other side, at the mouth of the big cave.

"Whatcha waitin' fer? It's easy! You kin do it!"

• 3 weeks later...

Silver Spoon waited till Snails was sutibly distracted and moved to quietly slip the card she had made for him in his bag, before huffing looking at the small space to squeeze through, before shutting her eyes and charged, popping out on the other side with a slight -pop- "Like OWE" She muttered standing up and fixed her glasses "We better not like get LOST in here HayWire or you are so like going to GET it"

(OOC: I'll wait a while before he needs to check his saddlebags to build up suspense ;)

Snails ulped! No wonder he had never seen this cave before. If it werent' for his legs he could slip though easily.

The colt thought for a moment how to take his legs out of the problem, his horn sparking as he was so intent on thinking it through he didnt notice Silver Spoon slip the card in his saddlebag.

When both fillies were through the bushes, he hmmed "Mebbe Ah can just slide in like a baseball player, eh?"

He backed up, then charged at the opening, then dropped and slid on his belly. He skidded right through the opening right into the cave. This also left a slide mark for rescuers to follow if need be, but he didnt think of that as he looked ahead into the cave. "Wow! It's really dark in there, eh! Just a moment..."

The sound of a starter motor cranking whirred as sparks shot from Snails' horn. Finally a steady glow came from the colt's horn "Yay! I did it!"

"Don't worry, Silver Spoon. We ain't gonna git lost, not with ME in charge!" Haywire neighed as Snails slid his way into the cave and then made his horn light up. "Good work, Snails! Now we kin find the treasure! Follow close behind me. Notice all them chalk marks on the walls? Them's our roadmap! I've been comin' in here and drawin'm on the walls as I would explore. All we gotta do is foller'm and we won't ever git lost! This way, fellow treasure seekers!"

Haywire boldly walked forward down the lighted cave tunnel. Soon, the trio reached a 'fork' in the 'road'.

Been down that left tunnel, ain't nuthin' in it. We're goin' down through the RIGHT tunnel! Betcha that's where the treasure is!"

Silver Spoon just nodded slightly and didn't argue with the roudy pony, she was too apprehensive about the card she had stuck in Snails Saddle bag... Diamond Tiara would tease her terribly if she knew but SilverSpoon decided she didn't care.. she took a breath and started down the unexplored tunnel "Well then..like what are we waiting for?" She asked as she headed in.

Snails swished his tail and trotted along behind Haywire as he kept his light going.

"umm so you dont know fer sure there's treasure? Oh well, I'm sure we'll find something down this way."

He kept half his attention on making sure there was light so he was mostly following Haywire's movement as he watched for bugs.

He stopped as he saw something white moving -over an inch long . "Oh hay! There's a Cave Cricket! Look at how big it is!"

"A cave cricket?" Haywire asked as she turned to see the cricket's shadow on the wall. "Oh yeah! Nice shadow on the wall! Hay, wanna see some more funny shadows?"

The rust colored filly began making 'shadow puppets' on the cave wall with her hooves. She makes quite an impressive bunch of them including a bird, a dog and a sailing ship. Suddenly, a bigger shadow appeared on the wall.

"Wait a minute, I didn't make THAT one. Silver Spoon, Snails, did one of YOU make that big shadow?"

• 1 month later...

Silver rolled her eyes as Haywire made hoof shadows on the wall, though the bored look in her eyes was replaced with FEAR seeing the tall looming shadow that covered the wall, vigorisly she shook her head "Like no! That's not me!" She certainly hoped it was Snails because they were in big BIG trouble otherwise! What if it was a Diamond Dog!? Or a Hydra!? oh my Celestia what if it were NIGHTMARE MOON!?

Which would be a silly thing to be afraid of considering BUT EVEN SO!

Snails looked up from the floor at Haywire's words "umm w-what? No, not me!"

the huge shadow jumped and bobbed as he looked around.

The foal's mane stood up in fright, too scared to look around as Silver Spoon gasped out some frightening possibilities.

"N-n-n-nIghtmare M-m-moon?! Ah was so scared th' one runnin around on NightMare Night wasnt a illu..illas..hologram... What if they put her here till next Nightmare Night?!"

he slowly turned his head to Look at the rust red filly "Kin..kin ya sees what it is, Haywire?"

Swallowing hard, the nervous Haywire slowly walked up to the wall shadow but froze in place when the shadow moved to reveal... antenae? Galloping up to the source of the shadow, the rust colored blank flank began to laugh.

"This here's jist a little ol' bug! Must've been to angle of the light, Relax everypony, we ain't got nuthin' to worry about."

Spotting another shadow in the distance, Haywire pointed at it and laughed more.

"Betcha that thar's another big ol' bug too!"

Snails stood up and blushed. He was hiding from a bug? Some bug hunter he was.

Snails now saw the offending bug, another cave cricket standing in light reflecting off the cave wall.

"Another shadow? Where?"

Seeing the new shadow, the colt kept his horn glow going as he confidently strode right at the shadow, finding to his surprise, Silver Spoon was right with him.

"Heere buggy, buggy, buggy...."

Haywire giggled at Snails' cute bug call.

"Too bad these here things are little bugs. If'n they was big hairy monsters, I'd give'm my One Two punch like my big sister taught me! Look at me go!"

The rust colored filly reared up on her hind legs and began practicing her punches.

"I'm ready fer anything!" the confident filly shouted before a loud roar echoed in the cavern.

"I think that was... the wind! Yeah, the wind!" Haywire neighed nervously as the second wall shadow began bigger.