Episode 25+26 (Season 2 Finale) Synopsis'

Saddle up: You're invited to a 'My Little Pony' royal wedding -- EXCLUSIVE

NY-Times_announcement_510.jpg

What this tells us:

• Cadance's full name is 'Princess Mi Amore Cadenza'.
  • Shining Armor is the captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard.
  • Princess Cadance babysat Twilight Sparkle.
  • New location: Galloping Gorge.
  • Princess Luna isn't mentioned.

Oh Luna, you get no respect; I guess ponies in the rest of Equestria haven't quite gotten over the whole "eternal night" bit with Nightmare Moon yet, even if Ponyville has.

The fact that Cadance foalsitted Twilight Sparkle and her brother is the captain of the royal guard makes me theorize that Twilight's family themselves may be part of the nobility, perhaps minor nobility (not nearly as ranked as Blueblood) with a long line of magic users and teachers/researchers into magic in the employ of the government and even occasionally Celestia. Of course Celestia also may have taken a particular interest in the family because she knew through some foreshadowing that someone (Twilight) would be born from the family that would help end Nightmare Moon and bring back her sister and thus put far more personal investment with them (which paid off for the family).

Saddle up: You're invited to a 'My Little Pony' royal wedding -- EXCLUSIVE

NY-Times_announcement_510.jpg

What this tells us:

YAY!!!! Maybe Sheriff Silverstar and Braeburn will be there! And since Princess Luna isn't mentioned....

Kind of wrecks the theory that Cadance's mom is Luna. After all, if she used to FOALSIT Twilight Sparkle, then how could Luna possibly be her mom when she was trapped in the moon for 1000 years? UNLESS all alicorn are enternal, but if THAT is true, then where's Luna's husband? UNLESS, Luna's hubby was an unicorn who died off after Luna became Nightmare Moon, I think there has to be LOTS of 'Royal Family' alicorns out there and who says Celestia and Luna don't have any other siblings? Oh well, maybe we'll learn the truth when the eps air (or maybe not)

I'm personally hoping that the explanation for the new alicorn is simply going to go like this:

:TSparkle: "So Princess, Cadence is your niece? Who is her mother? It can't be Luna..."

:Celest: "Actually, I have three other siblings I never mentioned."

:TSparkle: "Wh-what?"

:Celest: "And they're all alicorns like me."

:TSparkle: "Why have you kept this a secret from us!?"

:Celest: "Oh, they're just quiet ponies, that's all."

:TSparkle: "..."

:Celest: "Problem Twilight?"

mlfw486_small.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously. If anyone really thinks Discord is in this episode, I think they've gone off the brony deep end.

I don't really think it will happen, but it's fun to speculate! :blah:

Or just to make something up!

Either that, or I could just sulk! Wasn't invited to the wedding or the Bachelor Party! The nerve!

I'm still going with the theory that Celestia's "nieces and nephews" are really just her children or grandchildren. She's the Princess, she doesn't have to get married if she doesn't want to. Blueblood's father would have been a unicorn, whereas Cadence's father could have been any pony with a strong expression of all three pony tribe magics (like how Fluttershy has some earth pony magic despite being a pegasus).

Judging by Cadence's full name, she might be explained away by saying that she spends her time ruling one of Equestria's more distant provinces (one where they eat a lot of pizza and spaghetti). That could explain why she's never seen in Canterlot.

Still no idea about Cadence's "dark secret", but I agree that it won't be anything that makes her less marketable. Normally I'd say "she's not really royalty", but being an alicorn makes that difficult.

What this tells us:

Also, we now have official confirmation that Twilight Sparkle is Best Pony. It says so right there in the advertisement.

It still blows away that they're putting so much into this season's finale. I mean, a 3 week advertising multimedia blitz, a spot in the Times, a celebrity host (B-list, but still). These guys have GOT to have something up their sleeves. I was convinced a cliffhanger ending was incoming, but it doesn't strike me as something to do for a kids' show.

It still blows away that they're putting so much into this season's finale. I mean, a 3 week advertising multimedia blitz, a spot in the Times, a celebrity host (B-list, but still). These guys have GOT to have something up their sleeves. I was convinced a cliffhanger ending was incoming, but it doesn't strike me as something to do for a kids' show.

It is the season finale and the crown jewel of Hub's lineup, I wouldn't expect anything less! A cliffhanger would be an amazing way to move into S3.

Did anypony see that 13 episodes of Season 3 are in production by TopDraw? Let's hope DHX is handling the other half.

It is the season finale and the crown jewel of Hub's lineup, I wouldn't expect anything less! A cliffhanger would be an amazing way to move into S3.

Did anypony see that 13 episodes of Season 3 are in production by TopDraw? Let's hope DHX is handling the other half.

Well, considering each season is 26 episodes, I could see that happening..

When I saw that article saying Cadence used to babysit Twilight, I remembered that one story on EqD about the girl who was babysat (sitted? It's a difficult term, that...) by Lauren Faust, and she kept the Pictures, Pictures of Ponies that she drew for her. Obviously not an intentional parallel since that video only surfaced recently, way after these episodes had been written, but I liked that little comparison. Thought it was neat.

And by the by, 'Mi Amore', what does that translate to again?

EDIT: Just Googled it. Mi Amore is 'I Love' and Cadenza is apparently 'Every'. So 'I Love All'? What dark secret could possibly go with this? :lol:

• Like 1

Cadenza actually is a music-based term. It literally translates to "Cadence", but can also translate to rhythm, or intonation. So...maybe Cadence is secretly a DJ? "I love Rhythm"? The perfectionist in me also hopes they pronounce it correctly, and not butcher it...although Italian is easy to pronounce properly.

I may have mentioned this already, but I'm personally happy that that means not only does "France" exist in Equestria, but so does "Italy", or at least the equivalent languages. A possibility of seeing more locales, perhaps? That's what I'd like to see out of S3: keep with the Mane 6, but more forays outside of Canterlot/Ponyville. I'd like to see more of Manehattan, or another episode in Appleloosa, or some of the newly named towns like Baltimare and Las Pegasus (inb4 Hangover: Ponyville edition).

CUTIE MARK CRUSADER FLOWER GIRLS YAY!

Let's hope they don't end up covered in tree sap this time.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there was a "Bridle Shower" event in California on Saturday, complete with an advance screening of the finale. Some of the EQD crew got an invite, and here's their writeup of the event: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/04/inside-my-little-pony-royal-wedding.html

They do note that this means the potential for spoilers has gone up, so be careful! They say that the two-part episode is "seriously the most epic two part we have received so far".

So, as a side not, this topic is 10 pages. We haven't even seen the episode.

4/21. Believe.

Let's hope they don't end up covered in tree sap this time.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there was a "Bridle Shower" event in California on Saturday, complete with an advance screening of the finale. Some of the EQD crew got an invite, and here's their writeup of the event: http://www.equestria...al-wedding.html

They do note that this means the potential for spoilers has gone up, so be careful! They say that the two-part episode is "seriously the most epic two part we have received so far".

It hurts living so close to culver city and not having been able to go.

Also, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet, there was a "Bridle Shower" event in California on Saturday, complete with an advance screening of the finale. Some of the EQD crew got an invite, and here's their writeup of the event: http://www.equestria...al-wedding.html

This is where I would avoid the ponynets for 2 weeks to avoid spoilers, except I should kinda probably stick around here so I can STOP spoilers from spreading, if they do -_-

This is where I would avoid the ponynets for 2 weeks to avoid spoilers, except I should kinda probably stick around here so I can STOP spoilers from spreading, if they do -_-

They compared it to the Lion King.

Now if I don't see a sunrise with someone singing "The circle of life", I will be mildly disappointed.

• Like 1

I may have mentioned this already, but I'm personally happy that that means not only does "France" exist in Equestria, but so does "Italy", or at least the equivalent languages. A possibility of seeing more locales, perhaps?

What? o_O

That doesn't mean there are those countries. Equestria is Equestria, it isn't some parallel to our world.

What? o_O

That doesn't mean there are those countries. Equestria is Equestria, it isn't some parallel to our world.

Hence the quotation marks. We have expies of Germany and Italy in the form of Germaney and Itaily, but Cadence's name opens the possibility that an expy of Italy is now canon. I didn't mean literally France and Italy are part of the RP xP