Deep Bass [Final]

DeepBass

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Deep Bass

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Coat Color: White

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: .Mane: Black. Long in front, short in back. Hangs over face. Single dark turquoise stripe. Tail: Mid-length, and hard to describe. Same colors as mane. Other markings: Black Hooves. Normally wears a rising sun bandana with colors matching his mane.

Eye Color: Midnight Blue, with white flecks that resemble the night sky. Normally wears a pair of Amber Aviators to cover his eyes.

Cutie Mark: Bass Clef.

Physique: Slender, and kind of short for a stallion. Still slightly taller than the usual mare.

Origin: .Fillydelphia, recently moved to Stalliongrad

Motivation: His father's memory.

Likes: Any decent sounding guitar, or bass. (Yes, there is such thing as an acoustic Bass, since I don't exactly know if an old amplifier would be considered too high tech.) Rain, beaches, big cities, and open fields, night time.

Dislikes: Storms, tall trees, pretty much anything he can smack into when he reaches top speed. Bad luck with trees.

Character Summary:

History – Born in Fillydelphia, Bass had a relatively privileged upbringing, what with both his mother, and father bringing in plenty of bits. However, he never truly had any friends, except his twin sister. When he went to school, all the other colts made fun of him for being so scrawny, and for the way his eyes were, calling him names like "Little Nightmare" or "Short Strings." After earning his cutie mark, he was enrolled in the Fillydelphia school for gifted foals, and excelled in his music, learning how to play numerous instruments, although still not gaining any popularity. Eventually, he graduated the school, and formed a band with a few of the other students, who had become his friends through the years. The band, which had been named Quikhor5 was a hit in bars around Fillydelphia, but unfortunately never made it past that point. Bass had become a mess, showing up to practices, barely able to stand. And the shows. It got worse, until he overdid it, and fell off stage, during one show, and ended up in the hospital. Upon waking, he was kicked out of his band, which left him to persue his dreams of fame on his own.

Parents – Bass's father was a jazz musician named Nickel Strings, and his mother was an Opera singer, named Alto Soprano. As stated before, they were able to provide a privileged life for their foals.

Cutie Mark Story – After Bass's father became ill, Bass became greatly distraught. The day that his father died, Bass disappeared into his room. Nopony knows just what went on in said room, but the day before the funeral, Bass re-emerged from his room, with a decently lengthed piece of sheet music, and his father's old guitar. He had written a song for his father, and presented the song at his father's funeral, leaving the entire audience in tears. After the funeral, Bass was surprised to find that he had earned his cutie mark during his performance, and vowed to be the greatest musician in all of Equestria, just to make his father proud.

Flaws – Too trusting (Yeah, that can be a flaw.) Not quick to forgive somepony who has wronged him. Easily scared.

Personality - Normally a calm and collected pony, until something really scares him, in which case, he goes into a fit of psychotic flailing and screaming. Capable of keeping a cold, professional demeanor, when necessary, however when presented the opportunity to unwind, he would rather spend the afternoon in a quiet place with a glass of whiskey and ginger ale, listening to a few jazz records, even though he's a rock pony through and through. If ever spotted behind the counter of the record shop, he is normally seen humming random tunes, or just writing away in a small notebook.

[Pony Generator Pic]

Bassfor2.jpg

[Picture I made with a Template]

WTFBASS.jpg

One more pony gen picture: Yeah, just ignore the boots.

hirespony.png

As a small service, I'd also like to state that I will be basing Bass off of the mane character of my first fic "Let the Bass Ring," which can be found he-yuh.---> http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5003/Let-the-Bass-Ring Pretty much everything about his personality will be the same, with the exception of the whole Vinyl Scratch thing... and the whole Ponyville thing. Pretty much everything up until the end of chapter 3. Also, his life story is going to be the same as it is in the chapter that made the fic M rated. I'll spare you the details, and just paste the dialogue part with the info:

Vinyl simply nodded, and sat down on the couch. " So... What was Bass like as a foal."

Treble smiled, recollecting her fond fillyhood memories. "Believe it or not, he was a shy one. Neither of us had many friends, so we were always playing together. We were practically inseparable. You wouldn't believe how much he's changed. He really didn't become the trouble-maker he is until he got into that band."

"Oh? And when did he discover his talent for music?"

"Well, it was around the time our father died. He was still a young foal, at the time, and everypony in our family was pretty shaken by it. He locked himself in his room for three days with our father's instruments. I still don't know how he did it, but when he came out, he had written the most emotional song I had ever heard. It was beautiful. He sang it at our father's funeral, and next thing you know, he had his cutie mark. Our mother enrolled him in a school for young and talented foals, and sure enough, a few years later, Fasthor5 was born, along with Lunar Black."

Okay, as far as the app overall is concerned, it looks nice and detailed - there's a lot of thought clearly having gone into it considering it's your own fic's mane character and already has an established characterization. It's not an easy thing to crossover a character of your own onto a board where it may not necessarily fit as-is, and I applaud the effort you've put into it as far as making it work goes.

One slight niggle I've caught, however, is this section of his background regarding alcoholism:

The band, which had been named Quikhor5 was a hit in bars around Fillydelphia, but unfortunately never made it past that point. Bass had become an alcoholic, and fell off stage, during one show, and ended up in the hospital. Upon waking, he was kicked out of his band, which left him to persue his dreams of fame on his own.

Now whilst I'm not stating that it's something that wouldn't ever happen, it feels a little TOO grim to simply be casually dropped into an app...

What I suggest instead is to simply imply it - tell us that he's arriving late to shows because he's visiting the local watering holes too much, or that certain activities were affecting his overall productivity and causing concern amongst his bandmates - the central reasoning being is that we try to avoid direct known 'drug/addiction' references as much as possible in the mane RP, so the more indirect approach allows you to keep it subtle, and allows the reader to draw their own conclusions as to what may or may not have caused their problem.

Other than that, I don't see too many issues - there's always room for more musical ponies, and he doesn't seem to be a particularly offensive one as far as I can see.

Now whilst I'm not stating that it's something that wouldn't ever happen, it feels a little TOO grim to simply be casually dropped into an app...

What I suggest instead is to simply imply it - tell us that he's arriving late to shows because he's visiting the local watering holes too much, or that certain activities were affecting his overall productivity and causing concern amongst his bandmates

Roger that. The app has been changed to reflect a more subtle hint toward the problem.