[Fillydelphia] - Break Down

Xiee

"Sound Wave... and Geary..." She snerked. "Forgive me but you two sound like tech heads."

She tried to contain her giggle but let it out anyway. Geary seemed to be more concerned with getting the sound system working again, ducking a few times behind the speaker and getting out, stopping to think. He seemed eccentric if not interesting. As for Sound Wave, he seemed a bit more straightforward. Immediately trying to flatter her with dedicating songs later when everything was fixed.

"Who were you waiting for? It looked like you were waiting for someone before we spoke to each other...." "A handsome Coltfriend perhaps?"

"Coltfriend?" Oh no, hahaha..." She laughed. "He was more of a business acquaintance who thought of wooing me. Only reason I accepted the date is to get on his good side so that the deal with my golf club in Manehattan and his golf club here in Fillydephia would push through. And besides with my busy schedule, I've not time for a special somepony. But who knows eh? Whatever comes, comes, so I don't bother with it much."

It was not uncommon for other ponies to ask her about her special somepony. As a matter a fact, her dad was actually worried that she'd get pretty much occupied in her work than love, that he actually came up with a cooky idea of finding suitors for her. She could only sigh.

"So... what needs to be done to get this thing working again?"

She flapped her wings and began to hover around the speakers, noting the distinct burnt smell on them. Geary had been so pre-occupied that she almost flew into him. She had the good fortune of stopping at once in mid-flight as Geary commented on something.

"Hmm, its defintly much more difficult than I gave it credit for"

"Anything needs replacing?" She asked.

"Tech head huh" Geary commented, with a chuckle as he couldnt help but agree with her. "I guess I kinda am a tech head, though its not my main occupation since I mostly worry about creating things that no pony ever thought of before. Though its alot harder then it seems" he admitted. Hearing about her coltfrined, he smiled "Im kinda busy as well to have somepony special in my life. It'd be a nice thiong to have, but I guess if it comes to me, then it comes to me you know? Seeking it out is nice and all, but its hard to do so when your constantly fixing, or making new things". Turning back to the wires, he peeked inside the speakser as he shook his head tsking at what he saw. "How disappointing" he stated with sadness as he turned back to the others. "Well, we're gonna some new wires; probably a connector transfusion, a power couplet to help regulate the correct amount of electricity". Pointing back inside hte speakers, he than explained "If we can get all that back here, it shouldnt take me too long to fix this thing;.

"Sound Wave... and Geary..." "Forgive me but you two sound like tech heads."

Without missing a beat, the Pegasus feigned an exasperated sigh and rolled his eyes, obviously having heard of this countless times already as he grinned at Penny. "Well for him, I can understand but me? Nope, I'm just a singer." He gives a shrug, as he laughed along with her. Already he was starting to like these two ponies. Geary had youthful eagerness and enthusiasm that greatly reminded him of his happier Colthood years, although Penny had this air so sophistication but had a really nice sense of humor. This was going to be a very interesting day.

"Coltfriend?" Oh no, hahaha..." "He was more of a business acquaintance who thought of wooing me. Only reason I accepted the date is to get on his good side so that the deal with my golf club in Manehattan and his golf club here in Fillydephia would push through. And besides with my busy schedule, I've not time for a special somepony. But who knows eh? Whatever comes, comes, so I don't bother with it much."

"Im kinda busy as well to have somepony special in my life. It'd be a nice thiong to have, but I guess if it comes to me, then it comes to me you know? Seeking it out is nice and all, but its hard to do so when your constantly fixing, or making new things"

Yep. things were going to be VERY interesting. "Ah, business deals on dates. Nothing more annoying and gives you the makes-you-want-to-shove-something-up-their-butts feeling. Unless of course you liked the pony you're forced to date." He mused, giving his wings a gentle flap before peering over Geary's shoulder to take a peek at what he was doing, Penny however had gone for a bird's eye view and hovered over the two of them. Glancing towards the younger pony, the Stallion couldn't help but grin. "I hear ya, I'm usually too busy looking for a gig that'll give me enough to pay the bills and save a little bit extra. Weather Patrol can only pay so much..."

"Anything needs replacing?"

"Well, we're gonna some new wires; probably a connector transfusion, a power couplet to help regulate the correct amount of electricity" "If we can get all that back here, it shouldnt take me too long to fix this thing;.

"And where is Celestia's mane are we going to get those? I've only just arrived her in Fillydelphia but I haven't seen any stores that could have some those techno stuff you needed." Turning to Penny, he asked. "Have you?"

With a grin, and a day of work under his belt, Deep Bass cantered through the door, looking around at all the ponies around the speakers, and raised a hoof to his shades, moving them down from his eyes, taking in the view, and fully coming to grips with what he was looking at. This was definitely going to get in the way of his next side job.

"Awww, come on. I'm supposed to be playing here in TWO DAYS!"

He sighed, and cantered over to the bar, pulling out a stool, and plopping down in his usual seat, and pulling his amber shades off, and setting them on the counter, and rubbing his head with a hoof, glancing back at the ponies working on the speakers.

"And I still gotta buy Treble a birthday present. Hey, Barkeep, can I get a cup of coffee for starters? Long day at the shop, and all."

Penny listened to the two Stallions go at it about how to fix things until Geary finally said what needed to be replaced. She had approached the restaurant owner and asked if they had any parts to replace the stuff but he sighed saying that they've used up all the parts since the sound system had to be repaired twice this week with the same problems. On a sidenote, the owner was also short of bits to buy the new parts. Like the good Mare that she is, she whipped out her checkbook from her saddle purse and how much what they would cost. To the owner's surprise, he politely declined but Penny insisted. The owner was thankful and reluctantly accepted, although he wasn't really sure how much the parts would cost. She wrote down anyway on her check the amount of 500 bits and assumed it would be enough to cover everything. The owner's jaw dropped and could only gasp at the amount.

Geary nodded to the other ponies, as he turned away to see if he could find some of the equipment needed to fix the speakers. It was probably gonna be abit costly for the Earth pony, but it was no big deal to him since he was used to spending alot of bits when it came to collecting resources in order to make new stuff. His eyes glancing around the market, the earth pony peeled his eyes to see if he could locate something when he spotted some decent looking wires, producing from a box of junk at a stall. Trotting over to the stand, he inquired about the wires and was stunned to find out that they were..."90 bits?!?! That's a rip off!!! I could get these easily at a regular store for 30" protested Geary at the unreasonble pony. It seemed however that he wasnt about to budge as the owner stomped his hoof, claming it was 90 bits take it or leave it. "Then I'll leave it" snorted Geary, insulted that such a price was on the wires.

"Awww, come on. I'm supposed to be playing here in TWO DAYS!"

The Pony's cry made Sound Waves ears perk up, turning his head towards the owners voice, the Pegasus couldn't help but sigh and shot the Pony a sympathetic look and a light shrug of the shoulders. "I know right? I was really hoping the job could settle my housing bills but hopefully, these two here would help." He said, glancing towards Penny and Geary, the former having just paid the club owner a considerable amount of money for spare parts however the latter had suddenly disappeared, probably gone off to look for some spare wires.

"Huh, pretty quick is he?" He grins at Penny for a moment before trotting towards the doors. "I'll go make sure he's okay, why don't you two get acquainted while you two wait around?" Spreading hsi wings in the open air, he gives a grin before taking off into the sky and hopefully find Geary before the club opens.

Bass turned from his seat, and looked at the other stallion, who had begun talking to him. "I know right? I was really hoping the job could settle my housing bills but hopefully, these two here would help."

The clef-branded, white pegasus sighed. "Yeah, same boat, here. I've got rent to pay, and I've still gotta buy a birthday present for my si-" Bass cut himself off, as the stallion began trotting to the door, calling back to him, and a mare that was still unnoticed to him. "I'll go make sure he's okay, why don't you two get acquainted while you two wait around?"

Bass's eyes went wide beneath his amber aviators. "Um... Wha- Wait!" Realizing that his calls were for naught, he planted a hoof to his face, and looked around. "Who am I supposed to be getting acquainted wi- Oh... Hi." Bass chuckled awkwardly, as he smiled at Penny.

"Who am I supposed to be getting acquainted wi- Oh... Hi."

The new Stallion introduced himself and blushed a bit as Sound Wave left them to check on Geary. She hadn't noticed him until she had finished writing down the check and giving it to the owner, who was still dumb-founded and thanking her every minute or so. She put her checkbook back into her saddle purse and sat down on one of the chairs in the lounge. She looked at him from head to hoof and thought that this fellow might be another singer judging from his cutie mark.

"Hello. I'm Penny. Just a curious guest who arrived a tad too early before the bar opened. I had nothing to do so I thought I'd help the owner and these boys with their sound system problem. And you are?"

"Hello. I'm Penny. Just a curious guest who arrived a tad too early before the bar opened. I had nothing to do so I thought I'd help the owner and these boys with their sound system problem. And you are?"

Bass smiled, taking his amber shades off, and set them on the counter, allowing his midnight blue, silver flecked eyes to sparkle in the dim lighting of the club.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Penny. I'm Deep Bass. Bass for short. That's quite the generous gesture of you."

Bass smiled kindly.

Geary grunted as he let the stand, feeling offended that the jerk had tried to rip him off like that. Where the heck was he supposed to get some...huh?!?! Freezing, he spotted some of the wires that was nessecary being held by a rich snob of a pony who seemed to be in the middle of buying some apples. At first he felt bad about the idea of tricking the guy, but quickly changed his mind when he saw him spit up the apple in the buyers face. Spotting some black paint next to an unfinshed stall, Geary sneaked up behind the snob. Taking out the wires, he gently applied the paint to the wires nad put them back in. Coughing then, he said "Ahem, ahh sir your wires seemed to be dripping". Watching as the pompus pony removed the wires, tossing them aside with a huff; Geary quickled trotted over towards them and wipped the paint off; grinning at the easily removable stains. "Welp, thats one down" he grinned lightly as he went back towards his friends as he greeted them with a wave.

"Pretty, sneaky of you..." Sound Wave couldn't help but grin at Geary as he came down from flight, his wings flapping at his sides before neatly tucking themselves at his sides. Glancing towards the pony the younger pony had just fooled into giving him the wires, the Pegasus could only shake his head and chuckle. "Guess you're not as young and naive as I thought you were. Although, doesn't change the fact the bucker deserved it anyway." With a more of a big brotherly grin on his face, he reached over with a hoof to ruffle Geary's mane. "But anyway, Penny just paid the lounge a hefty sum to pay for repairs and for those parts you need, although you left before either of us could say anything." Pulling his hoof back, the Stallion beamed down at the younger pony before asking. "So what else do ya need to fix the speakers?"

Bass smiled, taking his amber shades off, and set them on the counter, allowing his midnight blue, silver flecked eyes to sparkle in the dim lighting of the club.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Penny. I'm Deep Bass. Bass for short. That's quite the generous gesture of you."

Bass smiled kindly.

Hmmm... he's cute.

Penny thought to herself. That move would definitely woo any other mare, but she wasn't any other mare. She apparently met another interesting character today. She had wished that she had more friends like these when she played Golf, and not the snot-nosed spoiled rich brats who talked about nothing but their wealth and business exploits.

"Well, I'll do anything to get this show moving. I was enjoying Sound Wave's song before the speakers went out. I just thought it would be a waste to not hear the rest later... So you're another singer I presume?"

She had forgotten about the other two who were still fiddling with the sound system and looked over. When she saw that they were busy talking about replacing the speakers, she decided to indulge herself more with the Stallion she had met.

"Well, I'll do anything to get this show moving. I was enjoying Sound Wave's song before the speakers went out. I just thought it would be a waste to not hear the rest later... So you're another singer I presume?"

Bass set a few bits on the counter, ordering a simple glass of coffee, while Penny averted her gaze to the other two ponies. When she looked back, Bass laughed lightly.

"Well, you can say that. Music in general is just something I love. I'm actually more of an instrumentalist than a singer, but I guess I inherited a little bit of my mom's talents."

Geary stared up at the pony, as he let out a giggle at the brotherly ruffle of his mane. Geary grinned in response, as he responded by giving him a playful poke in the side!! "Heh heh, thanks. I really dislike snobbish ponies who take pleausre in making those who are less fortaune feel like crud". Crossing his hooves, he grumbled "Hmm, we need a circuit tranfusion in order to connect the wires safetly, though I dont know if we;re gonna be able to find it here since its a pretty advanced piece of equipment". Looking around, he said "Where are we gonna find one though? Unless we find some eccentric pony that sells this stuff all the time, then we might be outta luck".

"A what what in what to what?" The Pegasus tilted his head in confusion, not completely understanding what the young Colt had just said. "UHmm.. mind speaking English there, Geary? Cause I didn't understand a single word you just said. But if you're looking for more of those techie gadgetry parts, I think I saw this hardware store whilst flying around looking for you." Pausing for a moment, the stallion gave a light shrug before adding. "Well, at least I THINK they might have some..."

"Well, you can say that. Music in general is just something I love. I'm actually more of an instrumentalist than a singer, but I guess I inherited a little bit of my mom's talents."

"Oh musical instruments. Who would've guesssed..." she said as she stretched her wings by flapping them once. "You must be very talented then. By any chance are you going to play anything when the bar opens later?"

Penny spent a while talking to Deep Bass as they enjoyed each others company. All the while the other two stallions were still fiddling with the sound system. The owner had returned and by this time had cashed the check she had given him to pay for the repair expenses. Penny excused herself and headed towards Geary and Sound Wave.

"By the way boys, if you need to buy parts for your sound system, I gave the owner some bits to cover some expenses. Looks like he's just returned after cashing that check. Ask him for bits if you need to buy anything."

A pale yellow unicorn with a straight red mane with a few white stripes, and ruby red eyes seemed to appear out of nowhere, and immediately began on a rather long winded rant.

"Well, the answer to your circuit transfusion problem is quite simple, really. First, you'll need to take the main circuit board, attach a variable transformer, the attach variable resistors on each side of the transformer, then you have to cross-connect a single automatic variable three-way switch connected to an auto-current limiter to both resistors, then you have to connect a capacitor-diode-diode pattern on resistor 1, and attach a thirty watt tube transistor to resistor 2, then you have to connect all that in a complex parallel circuit."

The mare remained silent for a moment, holding a pondering look on her face, then randomly squeaked.

"Hi! I'm Midsy!"

A loud smack could be heard across the club, as Bass slapped a hoof to his face.

Geary turned to face Penny, as he smiled in relief. "Well thats a relief, I can certaintly" Blushing, he grinned lightly "Err, sorry Sound I guess thats just how I am when I talk". He paused however a unicorn appeared before them, and started to speak in techno babble which he understood. "Of course, it was the main circuit board that needed attention, and I overlooked that. How could I pass off something so simple? And the two transformers?! Yes, i needed to focus on those so I could apply the correct wattage of power; without the chance of it overheating on me!! Nodding in agreentment, Geary slapped his head as if dumbfounded by his own stupidity. "Gah, why didnt I think of that earlier?! It makes sense". Pausing, he smiled to this newcomer as he stuck out his hoof "Geary Mctwist" he greeted cheerfully in response, relieved to meet somepony that could make out what he was saying.

Midsy smiled at the pony who had extended a hoof to her. "Hi! I'm Mid Wobble, but my friends call me Midsy! Nice to meet you, Geary! It's always nice to meet somepony who knows stuff! Bass normally looks at me strange when my brain kicks in." Midsy smiled widely, as she spoke, and looked over at Bass. "HI, BASS!"

"Okay.. my day has OFFICIALLY went from fairly strange to downright silly..." Sound Wave rubbed the back of his head as the strange new pony had seemingly popped up from now where like a magician! Oh wait she's a unicorn.... hmm, seems legit. Forcing a smile, he extends a hoof towards the unicorn, his eyes regaining their playful twinkle as he flapped his wings. "Hey there Midsy, name's Sound Wave. Sounds to me like you and Geary know your stuff, so I'll just leave you two alone for a moment whilst I head on back... Celestia knows I'm going to need some nice cold cider after all this..." He chuckled, shaking his mane as he winked at Bass before giving a rather suggestive glance towards Penny. 'You two have fun now~!', He mouthed at his fellow musician.

Another Pony... This day just became more interesting. As the group greeted the new Pony, Penny trotted towards the bar and ordered an Apple Martini. She had began to ponder on how fortunate she was to decide to come way early to the place. She had one more day to go before she left for Manehattan so she was glad to have met some real friends, and not the "pretend" friends like those of her business associates.

She had began to wonder how this day would end. Opening time was near and the sound system's repair seemed close to completion. She had began to wonder if anything else interesting would happen.