Your FIRST Anime

• 3 weeks later...

I caught bits of Inuyasha, DBZ, most of Zoids (both versions!), various snippets of the Gundam franchise, Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop on Toonami, but the very first subbed anime I watched was FLCL, I think. Although it might also have been Samurai Champloo--pretty sure I got them at roughly the same time.

:I

My first anime? Well... My older sister forced me to watch Sailor Moon once or twice when I was a kid... so technically that... She even made me watch the movie. I've had that silly 'the power of love song' ingrained in my subconscious most of my life.

But the first anime I willingly watched? That would have to be a 13 episode series called Night Wizard (Ironically shown to me by my older sister, but this time I wasn't forced to watch it) It was good, if fairly simple. A nice introduction, I should think. I really need to go back and watch it. I can't really seem to remember much about it.

• 1 month later...

If Pokemon counts as an anime, then that'd probably be the first one I watched. I was probably eight or something when I started really getting into it. That, or Sailor Moon (or even Dragonball Z, whatever they showed on Toonami). I can't remember which I watched first.

• 3 weeks later...

sailor moon and dragon ball!!

oh man, changing the channel and suddenly DRAGON BALL!!

and i'm like, wtf am i watching?!

little did i realize how much i would fall in love it it.

and sailor moon?!

oh man.

obsessed at first sight! <3

classics~

Poke'mon. Ugh, not a good way to be introduced to Japanese animation.

I didn't start taking an active interest in anime until the later years of elementary school and early middle school. That's when everyone my age discovered Dragon Ball Z, and the art of dragging out a fight scene for five episodes. Some of my favorite animes growing up were TV Tenchi, Gundam Wing, and Digimon. Favorite anime of all time would be Trigun, but that was far from my first anime.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As a kid it was between Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, or Sailor Moon.

But as a teenager: Mirrai Nikki. The craziest love story you'll ever watch.

As a kid, I used to recall Dragon Ballz, watching Sailormoon in secret. And well, the next ones till today is, let's just say it's naughty and I don't want to reveal the titles.