Friends New and Old (Phil the Time Wizard and ShadowStorm88)

Val smiled as he had her attention even more now, as he leaned in close to tell her more of his tale. "Well, it spewed fire at me out of its mouth; which seemed odd since its already made of fire; but I had to fly up and do a game of cat and mouse with the monster; flying low close towards the pool of lava as I had to evade it". Sighing, he remarked "Sadly, what happened was that when it spat a fireball at me; it blased the back of my pack where i had the crystal; melting it as it fell into the lava pit; melting it". Sitting back, he stated "I had to fly up high out of the top in order to get out of the chambers, and escaped through a hole in the roof as the fire dragon tried to follow but only ended up making things worse for itself; its spasming caused the roof to fall ontop of it".

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dazzle listened to the exciting story eagerly. It sounded so dangerous and scary. Dazzle was now a little worried that this adventure would turn out like that. It made her a little anxious. Mostly though, she was still excited from hearing the tale though. She smiled cheerfully.

"Wow! I'm super glad you managed to get away from that," Dazzle said, giving several nods. "It must have been sooo scary."

Dazzle gave a small frown and shook her head. "it's too bad that you didn't get what you were came for though. That must have been really disappointing."

The unicorn's frown deepened as she began to wonder how it would feel if she couldn't find Arcana somehow, if she went through all this trouble and had to return empty handed. It just made her sad thinking that was a possibility.

Val sighed as he stared down at his hooves with disappointment. "The adventure itself was enough for me, but at the time I was running low on bits; so i needed something to help put some food on the table; so I had considered the crystal as a bonus" Looking ou thte window as he thought about how disappointed he had been when he had failed to retrieve the crystal; he shrugged "It would have been nice but I guess I was lucky enough to get away with my life". Turning back to his new firned, he smiled "So in the end, everything worked out"!! Looking at her curiously, he asked "So tell me about you. What do you do for an occupation, or fun? Also, why do you think your friend disappered"?

"Yeah, I guess that's all you can say in that situation," Dazzle said, smiling again. "That you got away at all is amazing. Besides, you got a great story to tell out of the adventure."

Dazzle smiled as the other pony then asked her some questions. She gave a nod and then a small giggle. "Oh, I'm just a student at Canterlot University. I study practical magic theory." She smiled and laughed again. "As for fun, well, as I said before I really love to read. I also like to go on long strolls around the city, talk with all my friends and drink delicious sweet coffee drinks. That's about it!"

Dazzle frowned at the question about Arcana. She looked down and then closed her eyes. In a more somber voice she started to speak. "Well, you see..." She nodded steadily. "Arcana's had a really hard life. She's always been a lonely pony. When she was still young, she lost her mother because of some really bad things some ponies did. She tried to stop them, but that ended up making things worse. A lot of people in her family started to blame her for everything, and that really started to get to her. As a result, she grew up thinking some dark things about the world as a whole." Dazzle wiped a small tear from her eyes. "I know she's not a bad pony deep down. I just know it. At the same time... she's sad and alone... and afraid to let me or anypony else close to her. I think that's why she left. She doesn't realize that she doesn't have to be like that anymore. She can be happy now."

Val stared down at the floor, depressed by her sad story about her friend as he couldnt help but apologize for her. "I..Im sorry, I had no idea that your friend had such a rough life...I bet shes glad to have somepony as caring as you" he complimented with a slow smile.

(Gointo work now, see ya later 2nite)

Dazzle smirked softly at the words of comfort the pegasus gave.

"I hope so," she said in a weak voice. "I thought I was making her happier, at least it seemed that way..."

"But then she left me behind without telling me anything," the unicorn added after a pause.

Dazzle hated being sad. No, she hated sadness period. She decided then that she wasn't going to be sad any more. Shaking her head rigorously, she forced the smile back to her face.

"But that doesn't matter anymore because I'm going to find her and do whatever I can to make her come back to Canterlot with a smile on her face!" Dazzle declared, completely resolute.

Val smiled as well, although he could see that hers was foreced. Perhaps out of a sense or feeling of not wanting to be miersable in front of him. As admirable as that was, bottling up ones feelings were never a good idea. Still, he wasnt going to force her to share how she was really feeling out of fear of her becoming angry with him. Nodding, he remarked "That there is the spirit, never give up hope". Chuckling, he looked out the window as he wanted to do something to help put out some fun, or something just to cheer up the mood more. Smiling, he than got an idea as he grinned "Hey, I got an idea; do you like games? Maybe we can play some whilst waitin to arrive"?

Dazzle smiled. She then gave a nod and then an excited, cheerful bounce, the sadness of before now distant to her. It wasn't so much she was forcing herself to move past it, it was just a lot easier for her to be happy. Happy thoughts and boundless optimism were the default settings for the unicorn's disposition.

"Oooh, I love games!" she declared brightly, eyes wide, and then giggled.

"What do you have in mind?" she asked, head tilted in curiosity

Valoren put a hoof to his mouth, as he smiled lightly "AHh, well..lets see here..oooh umm..ah..heh heh". A blush appeared on his cheek as he chuckled "Ahh, well this may sound sort of silly umm..childish even". Despite his cheerful demeneor, apart of him seemed worried that she would judge him for his idea. "Ahh, how about a silly face contest? The one who makes the sillites face wins, and the winner gets...a...the winner gets...hmm, what do you think that the winner should get"?

Dazzle giggled, surprised at the proposal. Valoren, in addition to being a brave pony who had been on lots of cool adventures, was also just fun. She really admired that in a way. Even after everything he had seen he had a really light-hearted, fun loving attitude.

"That sounds like a lot of fun!" Dazzle said with a cheerful smile.

"As for a prize..." she added, stopping to think. "I don't really know what would be good..." she finally said, blushing a little.

"How about a hug? That sounds like a nice reward..ooh, but then we both might try to lose..hmmm...well lets go for it anyway" Val grinned as he could be really competivie if he wanted to be. Smirking at the pony, he grinned "Im gonna be the siller pony". Cracking his neck, he inhaled and decided to start off small so that way he couldnt use all of his best matieral. Smirking, he smiled as he crossed his eyes;l stuck his tounge out and stuff like that. "Hahahahha, hows daaaaaat" he giggled lightly, tryng to keep himself from laughing.

Dazzle giggled. She hadn't been expecting that either, but she supposed it fit somepony like Valoren. She liked hugs anyway.

"A hug? I guess that's fine with me!" she said with a smile before Valoren started making his face.

She then watched as the pegasus proceeded to stick out his tongue and cross his eyes. He looked really silly. Dazzle couldn't help but laugh.

"Ha. You look funny, Valoren!" she said, still laughing. "My turn now!"

She stopped to think for a moment about what she should do. Smiling widely, she thought of something. She then puffed out her cheeks, opened her eyes as wide as possible and started to move them around randomly.

Val's eyes widdened in shock at the sight of her face, not able to believe something so funny looking could exsict., Covering his mouth, he couldnt help a snort from coming out as he managed to keep himself from bursting out laughing in giggles as he chuckled "Heh heh, thats really good". Putting on his thinking face, he grinned as he got an idea on what to do. "Alrighty, how about this"? he asked with a smirk. Pulling his ears out like a donkeys, he sucked his cheeks in to make his lips into a kissing motion, as he made his eys go up and down at high speed as he shook his head left and right.

Dazzle couldn't believe the silly sight of the pony. If she hadn't been sitting down, she would have collapsed in her laughter.

"I really don't think I can beat that one," she said, still laughing. "You look so silly!"

She sure couldn't think of anything to top it at least. Nor could she stop laughing long enough to try anything.

Dazzle smiled and nodded, still giggling a little.

"Yeah, I admit defeat," she said as she hugged Valoren back. "That certainly was amusing."

She looked out the window for a moment, it still wasn't snowy enough to tell her they were near Stalliongrad.

"So, is there anything else you want to do, or should we try and just sleep the rest of the way?" she asked, still grinning.

"Hmm, well lemme think for a sec" Val muttered as he put a hoof to his chin; wondering waht they could do next to pass the time. Sighing, he explained "I cant really think of anything to talk about at the moment". He sounded really down on that since he prided himself on being able to keep himself and others busy, nad yet he couldnt do it this time,

"Alright then," Dazzle said with a smile. "it's probably good that we rest a little then. We have a difficult adventure ahead of us after all."

She gave a quiet nod. She wasn't sure how well she'd be able to sleep right now, but she'd try. She really didn't want to hold Valoren back when they actually got out there in the snowy wilds. She needed all the energy she could get.

Valoren nodded back in response towards the pony, as he laid his back against the seat; glancing out the window slowly in weariness. He had to wonder to himself if this is how all great adventures felt when they were about to embark on something truly fantastic: restlessness/exhaustion. If that even made any sense at all. Shrugging in response to the thoughts, he chuckled lightly as he glanced up at the ceiling feeling his eyes becoming heavier and heavier as time went on. "Ahhh, some sleep..would be useful..cant wait for..adventure" yawned the pony.

"Good night, Valoren," Dazzle said cheerfully, as she drifted slowly off to sleep while the train chugged closer and closer to Stalliongrad.

As sleep hit her, Dazzle smiled. She was looking forward to the adventure. Traveling with Valoren would be fun, and it she really could bring back Arcana, tht would be even better. She gave a mild nod as she pictured the happy reunion she hoped to soon see.

Valoren blinked as he awoke, moaning gently as he ran a hoof through his mane as he tried to rub the tiredness out of his eyes. Looking out the window, he blinked as he could see it was now night time; sometime in the early morning maybe. Yawning, he grumbled to himslef as he wondered what exactly was going on as he glanaced over at the sleeping Dazzle. Hearing a loud rummaging coming from above, Val froze as he glanced up ; wondering what that sound was.

Dazzle slept as sound as was possible for many hours. That was until a loud noise forced a familiar dream of times spent with Arcana in her foalhood to evaporate as the young unicorn found herself made alert.

"Arc!" she started, not realizing the dream had ended. "Where did you..."

She trailed off as she looked around. She smiled as she noticed Valoren. That's right! She was going to find Arcana with this pony. THey were on their way to the northern region. They would find Dazzle's old friend somewhere in the frozen badlands north of Stalliongrad.

Dazzle yawned loudly as she looked around. She tilted her head as she looked at Valoren. "Well, I slept well," she said.

Wait, but what was that loud noise that had woken her from a sound sleep? "You don't think something's wrong, do you?" she asked, now a little worried.

Val put a hoof to his mouth to indicate for them to speak softly as he contiued to glare up at the ceiling. Someponies were up thier? But why would th...ACK!! Vals thoughts were interuppted as suddenly the windows shattered, and in came some tough looking Earthponies; all wearing black with thier faces shrouded by black mask, and red goggles. "What the hay" Val declared at the sight of these strange ponies. Turning to face Dazzle, one of them stepped forward and declared "Thats her, the one whose looking for her...get that pony"!! Starting to surround Dazzle in an attempth to capture her, the thieves were taken by surprise as suddenly Val tackled the group from behind. Getting up, he turned to Dazzle as he shouted "Quickly, run"!! Kicking two of hte ponies aside, he grabbed Dazzles hoof and led her out of the room; slamming the door shut as he propped up a chair against it; immdeatly rewarded with loud banging and punchin from the otherside.

Dazzle was surprised by all of what was happening. As she was dragged off to safety by Valoren, her mind began to race. Who were they? How did they know anything about her looking for Arcana? Maybe somepony had been eavesdropping on them?

If that was the case, maybe it didn't surprise her. Arcana wasn't a bad pony; Dazzle didn't believe in truly bad ponies. Arcana did however on occasion do some bad things to get what she wanted. She surely had enemies amongst all the ponies she had wronged. If some of those ponies now had overheard her mention Arcana's name, it made some sense that they might try and use her to get to Arcana somehow.

Dazzle gave a sigh. She wondered then whether or not Arcana would even come to save her if she was in danger? She really didn't know.

"What should we do?" Dazzle started to Valoren, worried. "I think they're some of Arcana's enemies and they're trying to get to her through me."

Valoren stared at Dazzle in shock, as he had an idea about this. But he couldnt help but wonder if Arcana was really in danger. Perhaps these ponies were simply after the Dazzle? No, that was ridiculous; what did she do wrong to make these guys mad? Shaking his head, he responded "We need to get out of here; these ponies are...". He was interupted as the door started to give way. "This way, quickly" informed Val as he gently gripped her hoof and led her across and into the next car. Peeking into the car where they were, Val smiled as he had an idea "The trains pretty empty so all we need to do is disconnect the train carts in order to lose em. We can than explain to the conducter some hijakers tried to take over, but we managed to get rid of em". Looking around, he grumbled "Just need to make sure that the cart we go into is empty, and devoid of passengers. I dont want to strand any innocents".