[Shop/Home] Puttin' On The Glitz [Open]

WillowWisp

It was nice to hear that somepony else knew about her favorite holiday. The Spook-tacular was the one day of the year where she didn't seem scary; instead she was just perfectly fit for all the events. Wisp nodded goodbye though, as Bramble headed out. She supposed she should be getting on as well, after all she had only meant to stop in for a quick trim.

'Huh?' she glanced over as Honeywing posed to show off the shoes. She just cocked her head to the side for a moment. '...Somepony that works for the Princess huh?'

Wisp had to think about that. Honestly she didn't know what royal attire, or those working in such positions wore. Though she had to admit the gold did hold a bit of class with it.

'Well gold is pretty fancy. So I'd think it would make you stand out. But...won't you get it dirty working?'

"Hehehe, it looks wonderful darling, it looks quite dashing indeed~" Glitzen said admiring the way the shoes accented Honeywing's looks, "Miss Wisp does have a point though darling, they may get pretty dirtied up." he said with a pondering look on his face, it's not like shoes didn't get dirty, but it was such a shame really, "Hmm, well I guess that could just give you a reason to stop by and hang out more often!" GG said with a smile giving Honeywing a pat on the back, it would give them time to hang out and catch up on the goings-on of life.

Honeywing chuckled and let his hooves rest on the ground again. "Well, I'll be in the air most of the time, so it won't be quite as bad as it could be." he said, pondering the shoes again.

"Of course," He reasoned, "it's not as if I'm completely opposed to doing some basic maintenance on my appearance from time to time, and I can easily work keeping a set of shoes as nice as these as nice as this into that routine. And any excuse to make new friends or catch up with old ones is a good enough reason for me!"

The pegasus giggled again and asked Glitzen "How much are these, and how much more would I owe if I also bought a cleaning kit for them?"

((EDIT: grammar))

"Marvelous dear!~ Hmm lets see, for the shoes and a cleaning kit? I'd say 20 bits is plenty~" Glitzen said as he went to grab a cleaning kit out from under the counter, it contained a small brush and some shoe polish, placing it and the shoes Honeywing picked into a bag gently, GG walked over to the counter and sat them down"Here you are darling, now if there anything else I can do for either of you?" he asked with a smile looking to Willow and Honey, it was such a productive day, a decent amount of work and some sales, even a model who would pose for his fliers, all in all, an amazing opening day, and the day was just begining.

Wisp had just been listening in after she gave her thoughts on the shoes. There wasn't really any reason for her to stick around at that point, but she didn't want to just walk off either. After all, she had just gotten a lovely new dress and a nice trim.

"I think a clean kit was a good idea," she added in as Glitzen fetched it for Honeywing. "It would be a shame to see those nice shoes all messed up. And if you're working in Canterlot, you'll want to keep a professional and clean look."

That said she turned for the door. "Well I should probably go. Thank you for the trim... and this dress. I hope I can find a nice place to wear it so other's can see."

"Especially for the palace. And these should go well with the formal uniform, if I ever actually need to wear that. Thanks for the idea for the kit." He said to Willow as he started digging out the bits.

Once he'd counted out the money for everything, he slipped into the shoes and struck a pose. "Oh, and they fit like a charm!" He said giddily before looking between Willow and Glitzen thoughtfully. "You know...I was just going to fly back home this evening, since Miss Sparkle can send her own confirmation to the Palace fairly easily...buuut I really should wait for an official response from her, just in case. I mean, a day or so couldn't hurt, right?"

"Thank you Miss Wisp, feel free to stop by again anytime!~" Glitzen said as Willow started out, he was sure that she'd be able to find SOMEWHERE to wear that dress, it would have been such a shame to let it just stay in the store gathering dust, "Honey dear, they look simply smashing on you!" he said clapping for his friend as he stuck a pose, the shoes complemented his colours so well, "That's a wonderful idea darling, and I simply MUST insist you stay here! No need to look for a hotel room or something, plus it'll give us a chance to catch up." GG said pulling Honeywing into a hug, it would be great to have someone to talk to since he didn't know very many ponies in town yet.

neonpheadcopy.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

There was one thing ringing out through the streets of Ponyville, one that was so familiar to a lot of ponies, but most dared not to interrupt. Neon Pop sang on high notes, belting it out and slightly dancing in her steps. "You're from a whooole 'nother world, a different dimension~ You ooopen my eyes, and I'm ready to go, lead me into the liiiight~~!" Flawless, thats what it was. Even without music to back up her vocals, her voice was still strong and piercing. Though this pop pony was on a mission today, tomorrow night was a big night, cocktail party at her place announcing her new album, and of course, she was expected to perform.

What she was going to sing was the new song she was belting out currently. Today the pop star though was dressed in what seemed to be a futuristic theme, tight space age like leotard dazzled with glitter and gems, glowing rings around her tail, hips, horn and hooves, sunglasses in the shape of alien eyes, though her main was rather bland. Neon heard there was a new hair dresser, and knowing that there was a possibility that this pony was great, she sought them out.

It didn't take her long to appear at the doors of the Puttin' On The Glitz salon, voice still ringing as as she walked in, "Its super-natural! Ex-trerre-strial!!" She fell quiet, finally, eyes peering at those in the shop, and a smile spread on her face. "Hello! Is the owner of this salon here today?" She almost seemed rude in her question, but it was an honest one, and she only wanted to talk with them personally to see ust how good they were. After all, her neon colored hair was important!

Honeywing returned the hug, chuckling a little. He opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by someone new entering the shop. He disengaged himself from Glitz and set about looking VERY interested in a nearby rack with the kind of speed one can only manage when afraid of or embarrassed about something, looking like little more than a whitish blur between Glitz and where he ended up.

He was glad he ended up facing away from the new customer, since this concealed his blush rather effectively in spite of him trying to catch a glimpse of whoever it was.

As soon as Glitzen had hugged his friend, a new customer came in, obviously embarrassing Honeywing, rather than embarrass him further, GG turned to see who was asking, "Yes darling that's me~ Glitzen Glamour! How may I...OH! Oh my!" he said as he spotted who had came in, the looks, the hair, the EVERYTHING, it was unmistakeable! "You! You're Neon Pop! OH my goodness! It is an honour to have you in my salon dear!" THE Neon Pop was in his store, Glitzen was all a flutter, never had he expected to have someone so famous come into his salon, let alone on the opening day! "What can I do for you today Miss Pop?~ Heheh" he asked giggling a little bit while brushing his mane out of his eyes.

neonpheadcopy.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

Neon Pop smiled ever so widely at GG knowing just who she was. Perfect! Now she'll get the treatment she likes. Course he gave her his full name, Neon took it upon herself to cut it short, like most stars did. "GG! Darling! I am glad to hear there is another stylist in town! You know I went to this other one a few streets down, and she fried my hair there! It took much too long to repair! I heard you were talented, and top of the line, so instead of heading to Canterlot to get my locks done, I came here to see just what you're all about!" She was a cheery one, that was for sure, but this was Neon Pop, of course she was going to be... well, poppy!

Though as she walked further in to the shop, her orange eyes caught sight of Willow, that spooky pony she had seen a few times and with a raised fore hoof, the pop star waved to her. "Hey there! I know you, right? W-willow Wisp? I gosh I hope I got that right, I meet so many ponies in one day..." Pop looked genuinely apologetic and worried, she hated insulting somepony accidentally and she wasn't about to do it to this nice young mare. Pops round orbs looked to the dress Willow carried and her head tilted to the side, those long lashes batted curiously under the glasses that hide them so well. "Pony Pop! Tell me thats a dress to something important!"

Neon hated to see good fashion go without occasion and she had one coming up, and if this pony was to need a place to wear it, she knew just the place and time. After all, the more ponies at her party, the better! Yet Neon's smile faded and she shifted her back hoof nervously. "Actually, could ya'll ponies do me a favor? I'm trying to keep it on the d.l about where I am and when. So... could you not mention this to anyone that I came here?" Those orange eyes moved to Honeywing and watched him, she hadn't noticed the rushed dash from GG, or the blush, her concern was more with him going about and saying something. Her smile returned, though weaker then before, and sweeter, she looked back to GG.

Honeywing knew he was being addressed, at least indirectly, so he turned around sheepishly and nodded to Neon Pop. "I...uh...don't actually know who you are, Miss Pop was it? But I won't mention you being here to anypony." He said in a formal voice before shooting an apologetic look over to Glitzen. He may be embarrassed, and the blush on his face made that quite apparent, but he was still a diplomat at heart and still a representative of Canterlot, even if distantly.

"I'll just come back later, GG, we can talk more then. I think I saw a bakery down the way when I was flying in, would you like something from there when I come back?" He said, taking a few steps toward the door and speaking over his shoulder to the pegasus in question.

Wisp had just been about to leave when the door to the shop opened again. She'd stopped in her tracks and just stared for a moment. Now and then she'd seen the pop star around, but since she wasn't one of those that really followed the media, she hadn't thought much of it. Famous or not, Neon was still just another pony.

However she was a bit taken back that Neon remembered her name. They'd mentioned introductions briefly in the past but nevertheless for somepony that saw so many others, to remember a simple name was impressive.

'Uh, yeah, Willow Wisp, that's me,' she smiled trying to hide the slight surprise. 'And this... well no, I don't really have anything planned. But I couldn't pass it up. I mean, it's not everyday you find an outfit that fits the kind of stuff I like, such as the bats. Perhaps I'll get lucky at some point and have a nice event to go to.'

As it was requested to keep her appearance quiet, Wisp just nodded, 'and I won't say a word. I bet it can be tiring to have ponies following all the time, trying to get pictures and all.'

"Hehehe, one of the best in the biz my dear!~ There shan't be a singed hair upon your luscious locks on my watch! Glitzen was SURE his name hadn't spread THAT fast, but never turn down a complement, especially from someone as famous as Neon Pop; turning to Honeywing, GG replied, "That sounds wonderful Honey dear, something sweet would be simply marvelous!~"

Turning back to Neon, Glitzen gave her a nod and a smile, "Of course darling, can't have the ponirazzi stalking you all the time now can we?~ Even stars deserve a time to relax and unwind. Now, back to the matter of your wonderful hair, what can I do for you today hmm?"

neonpheadcopy.png

·.·• Neon Pop •Ã‚·.·

The unicorn trotted in with a smile on her face, nodding to Honeywing as he started to make his way out of the shop. A small way to say thank you. However, her eyes were on Willow, albeit, it was hard to tell. "No place to wear that?! Oh no, no, no! I can't have that! Not one bit!" Neon said quickly leaning in close to the other unicorn, glancing about and whispering to her. "Party at my place in a week." She said pulling away and smiling. "But you never heard that from me! No, no, no! So miss Willow! What are you doing today anyway? Up for having a girly day out? I could treat you to some fabulous spa treatment, or, treat you to some pampering done by GG here?"

Trotting over to Glitzen she flicked her tail and sat down in the nearest chair. "How about that, GG, dear? Would that be alright with you? And as for me, I'm looking for something wild, crazy! Keeping my natural mane color, but a different temp style! I need an update from my usual."

The pegasus nods to Glitzen, his blush returning for a moment before he was out the door and into the streets.

Aaaargh, way to blow that, Honeywing. He thought to himself, facehoofing as he flew along the town's streets in the direction of the library. He probably thinks you're some kind of loser now who's embarrassed to be seen with him. Or some sort of nervous flake. Then again, there's no reason to think he even thinks about you like that. Though these are nice shoes. Painful, too. He rubbed at the spot he'd clopped before taking to the ground again.

[[And this is me, bowing out of the thread for now.]]

• 2 weeks later...

A party? At the home of such a famous pony? Wisp was a little shocked to get an invite and from the host to boot. But she just nodded when she was told that she didn't hear it there. So it was a bit of a secret as well; and that made her feel somewhat special. There must be something that Neon found interesting about her to earn her such an invite.

'Oh, you don't have to treat me to anything,' Willow was always a little shy about being treated to things. She always felt she had to return the favor somehow. And Neon was a star. Even if the other had money to spend she didn't want her to feel like she needed to.

'I mean, I've never really been the spa type... not that I don't go now and then, but... I mean... I don't want you to think you have to do anything for me, Ms. Neon.' There that was a good way to set it up. That way it wasn't a yes or a no. And if Neon insisted then she could agree since it wouldn't feel so much like she was just taking advantage of an offer. At least, that's how she justified it to herself.

• 4 weeks later...

Glitzen started gathering up supplies onto his cart with a smile as the Pop Princess and Miss Wisp spoke to each other, it was nice to see his customers get along, and even nicer to see that one of them was a POP STAR of all thing; so far it was the best opening day ever.

Turning with a smile when his name was mentioned GG replied, "Of course darling I'd be more than happy to fix both of you up! It's no trouble at all!" pushing the cart over and flitting to Neon, Glitzen began his work on fixing up Neon's hair to be FABULOUS and WILD all the same time, "You'll look stunning when I'm done Miss Pop!"

((Soooooo sorry for how long it took to reply to this, I forgot it was my turn to reply OTL))