Same as SteelEagle. Where to start...ah, yes. :D If I could make Dusk Sky somehow part of the family, it would help explain why she lives in Solstice Heights, like a cousin wanting to live closer to family, but not wanting to go too far away from where most of her work is.

Seems like it would be VERY interesting. The family is mostly plain and simple farmers, but there is the black-sheep Gearly who is my technologically minded. Perhaps there's something in the family line that just pulls certain ponies to such advanced technological marvels? I'd love to have you a member of the family!

I definitely imagine it would have been on Gearly's mother's side. His father's family has been farmers for generations. Possibly Gearly's mother and Dusk's father were brother and sister? It wouldn't seem too unlikely the consider a blacksmith part of such a technological interest.

That would work! Though...hmm...what do we have to build on? I have some thoughts that are best described through test and failure, which is not easy in something such as this...

But, anytime you'd like to make an RP that you need Dusk in, I'd be happy to oblige!