Brony Confessions

weesh

I have got to get something off of my chest:

To me, Derpy Hooves is a dude. Intellectually, I understand that that shape has been defined as female. However, male pronouns keep slipping out, both verbally and while typing. I'm not sure how it started, but it has plenty of inertia at this time. Ok, I feel better now.

Is there anything you need to get off your chest?

I feel exactly the same way about Derpy XD every time somebody tries to make her girly, I find it the strangest thing ever. I have to remind myself that she's a girl all the time.

as for my own confessions... mm, I can't really think of any :l actually, when I think of Derpy, I also always think of her as having pinkie's hairstyle. I also have to remind myself that it doesn't look at all like that.

Hm, i think it could be that we consider Derpy to be the conduit between bronies and Studio B, and being most bronies are male (or all male if you consider pega-sis' to be a different group) we kinda consider it to be our character, and we associate that with other males... or maybe i'm full of it, i dunno, hehe...

Um... brony confessions... hm... Well, i use Buck instead of the F word from time to time... other than that, i dunno... i'll have to wait and see what other people say to get some ideas...

Um... brony confessions... hm... Well, i use Buck instead of the F word from time to time... other than that, i dunno...

Hmm, well I have gotten on people's case for saying things like "everypony", but even I write "mane six".

Um... brony confessions... hm... Well, i use Buck instead of the F word from time to time... other than that, i dunno... i'll have to wait and see what other people say to get some ideas...

If I dont watch myself, on other forums I say 'horseapples' 'buck' 'hay/seed' 'feather' and now 'tartarus' though it DOES avoid all the profanity filters I've seen to date... even ones that censor words like 'frak'

I think the name Pegasister sounds dumb.

(Also, there are a couple Tumblr's about this: http://ponyconfessions.tumblr.com and http://bronyconfessions.tumblr.com.)

Noooooooooo! I think pegasister is very clever.

I thought Fluttershy using the term "I don't give a flying feather." was cute.

Confessions for me? Hmm...I do find myself saying " What the hay?" sometimes.

well the only people that dont know im a hardcore brony is my parents, not that im at all worried what they'd say but I just think it would be a little awkward. they pretty much have this rugged male image of me since i pretty much partake in everything manly lol. im just waiting for a hilarious oppurtunity to drop it on them. they'd probably think its hilarious if anything

I love Derpy and I love Doctor Whooves, but I just can't understand why they're shipped together so often. And the idea that it's apparently accepted fanon instead just a few shippers, it makes me rage more than it should.

Also I hate the term 'pegasister' too. If girls can be bros, girls can be bronies.

I like Pegasister. Sounds like an 80's All Girl band. :blah: Oh yeah, I remember those guys! They used to tour with Limozeen! And then they broke up and one of the guitar players joined Bananarama. What a bummer!

I think the name Pegasister sounds dumb.

(Also, there are a couple Tumblr's about this: http://ponyconfessions.tumblr.com and http://bronyconfessions.tumblr.com.)

There are over a 5000 entries on pony confessions!?!!?! In just four months time?!

I found a few that mention messing up the gender for RD and Scootaloo, and I could relate.

I confess that I first wrote off FiM as just "the next MLP" thinking it was the same mindlessness of the series I'd heard about from the 80s on... even when good friends whome I trust told me otherwise. (took the combined forces of about 10 people AND TVtropes to get me to begrudgingly watch it AFTER OVER A YEAR, even then with the prconcieved notion that "this is just mindless kiddy junk" in my head.) I must also confess that when I first saw bits of it I thought it was low-budget junk because it was FLASH...

Obviously I've done a full 180* turn... but still,,, that's where I started... *shame*

ah, now that I think about it, I do have a confession

I make it a point not to say the word cupcakes around bronies because I think the way they react is dumb :l had cupcakes last weekend, told everybody it was cake

*waits for cake is a lie joke*

I was brought into the fandom by a trolling moderator on another site. I always knew that intelligent subterfuge had its upsides for me, aside from the obvious laughter.

Also.

Hmm, well I have gotten on people's case for saying things like "everypony", but even I write "mane six".

9eabe8a9-3c55-4052-acc9-fb6c702d27ec.jpg

My confeion is that my friends say I act like Twilight Sparkle most of the time (Constantly reading, talking about nerdy things, sometimes freaking out). This is how I normally act, but when I saw my first episode, I was like "I'm like her!" (Except I'm a guy)They also say I act like Pinkie Pie because I can get hyper excited (and I like sweet things and parties).