[Fillydelphia] Matchie's Matchmaking Services! [Open]

DeepBass

Bass had only just arrived, and had failed miserably at making small talk, when he heard a voice from behind him. He looked, and saw the pink earth pony who had just arrived. He listened nervously as she spoke, and replied, his own nervousness staining his words.

"Oh, um… hi. Yeah, I don't work here. I uh… just stopped in to uh… see what was here, now. I'm Deep Bass, by the way. Bass for short."

Lilia blushed darker when Bass addressed her. She struggled to get her thoughts together, finally smiling in relief as she got a small idea.

" It looks great in here...certainly better than that bistro coffee shop that was here.. .are you from Fillydelphia, Bass?" she asked, wondering if he knew the city. She shot a look to Matchie, hoping the other mare was the owner.

" Are you the mare I could ask about a partnership with mister Ring? He's my boss..." she inquired, explaining her boss for Bass's sake.

Bass nodded at the mare, as she spoke, then chuckled. "Hey, I kind of liked that coffee shop. I'm kidding. And yeah. Fillydelphia born and raised. I mean I've visited other cities, and all that, but there's no place like home. So, tell me about you, miss?"

Lilia laughed at the comment on the coffee shop, her smile warm.

"I am also Fillydelphia born...I now work under Mister Ring in Canterlot as one of his many wedding planners. A boring life, but at least it is one I wanted, as opposed to my twin, Cherry. I'm positive you know her better as the filly who frightened the mayor's daughter with her Nightmare Moon imitation two years ago..." she answered, hoping he recalled the event.

Bass immediately picked up on the warmth in the mare's smile. It was somewhat calming, as his slight nervousness faded. After her mention of the rather hilarious event that had happened, Bass thought for a few moments, when the memory came back. "I remember that, actually! It was kind of funny, although the mayor wasn't exactly happy about it."

Bass thought for a moment, thinking about the piece of paper tucked under his wing. I still have that application… and this mare is here… if I don't try, I'll never know… I can always mail it in. Screw it.

"You're actually kind of interesting, Lilia. I'd actually like to get to know you a bit better. Perhaps lunch or something like that before you go back to Canterlot?"

Lilia smiled at Bass's offer of lunch, her mind going blank as she tried to think of a place to grab a lunch.

"I'd like that. Where would you like to go? I haven't been home in a few months...what do you recommend?" she asked, wondering what he had in mind for their lunch.

Bass was somewhat relieved, as the mare smiled at his offer. To be honest, he didn't expect her to oblige, and was somewhat surprised, yet somewhat happy, and it showed. He thought for a moment, as he tried to figure the proper place to take a mare out to lunch. His mind ran through the few possibilities. The fine restaurant business had died down in the city, leaving only a few bistros, sandwich shops, and a few rather pricy places. After thinking for a few seconds, he finally decided on a decent, well priced sandwich shop. "Well, I know of this one place not too far from here, if you don't mind the short walk."

Lilia nodded to Bass, the delight in her eyes unmistakable.

"I don't mind a walk, Bass. Shall we go then?" she asked, her stomach interjecting its own opinion as she thought of the fare of Fillydelphia. Sure, Canterlot had some really great foods, but nothing beat the food of home to her.

Bass nodded, and nodded toward the street. The smile on his face was, for the first time in a long time, a truly genuine smile. It had been a while, since he had been on a date, and he had planned to give it his all. He offered a gentlecoltly expression, by holding the door open for Lilia. "After you, Miss Lilia."

[And this is probably where we'll move to a private RP.]