[Canterlot] Evening Serenade [Open To Everypony!]

TheUmbrella

It had been forever since Waltzing Serenade came home to Canterlot, he'd been away, traveling for years now. Walking down the cobblestone streets with a 'Clop, clop, clop' Waltzing sighed. Looking around, he didn't reconize any of the buildings, Waltzing had no idea how close he was to his parent's home. He had to admit it, he was completely lost.

"Oh, sure, I can navagate all through this land but I go home and suddenly I forget all my skills!" Annoyed, Waltzing Serenade shook his head with a snort. Being this lost brought back memories from his childhood, memories of himself as a Foal, running about Canterlot trying to get home as night fell. "Ugh!" Not liking these thoughts, Waltzing smacked himself in the head with his hoof to shake them loose. "I am an upstanding Stallion now, I can do this! .....Maybe if I start playing I can jog my memory"

Walking over to a little corner, Waltzing Serenade used the magic in his horn to open the bags on his back. Standing upright, he leaned against the wall behind him, and started playing his lute.

He had been in Canterlot for a few weeks now, but it still took a little getting used to. There really hadn't been many golden opportunities for Quills up to now, but he was far from giving up hope. Although, working as a packer at the train station, that wasn't really what he had hoped for.

The unicorn stallion strolled down the road to his home. This being a mostly residential area, there wasn't much traffic at this time of day. Something was different, though. The air was filled with music. Being generally very fond of the Arts, he decided to follow the the sound. Maybe it was one of those impromptu concerts he had heard so much about, but never seen in person.

His way led him to a small square, sometimes used for markets on the weekends, where a sole unicorn played a lute was playing an enchanting melody.

Quills decided to sit down, and listening to the music.

Mark Time stepped off the train, and breathed the fresh mountain air. It had been awhile since he set foot in this city, and mingled with its cultured people. He could have stayed in ponyville as long as he liked, but he needed to indulge himself with that sort of state of mind that only Canterlot could provide. There was no objective as of right now, so he decided to wander the streets. He stopped into art galleries and viewed the sketches and paintings. He stopped inside of bookstores, and read a bit, browsing the titles. He even treated himself to a meal in one of the fine Canterlot restaurants. Even though there was more to be done, he decided to head home.

As he walked passed the fields of one of the schools he practiced on his mind drifted back to his days in band. Playing, working, and marching his way to victory. His hooves changed the way the hit the ground, and soon found himself semi-upright. He heard music in his head. But this was no memory. He looked around and sighted Waltzing Serenade on the wall, playing his lute. He decided that he could make another detour, and walked close by, listening to the music.

Ink Soul stepped of the train, memories of Canterlot rushing back. After a trip to on of his poetic uncles and a long, glorious vacation to Solstice Heights, all Inky wanted to do was fall in bed and sleep until an idea popped in his head(probably a few hours, a day if he was lucky). But at the sight of the sign on the wall, and stopped of at the building, only to pass a pony that he hadn't seen in forever.

"Mark Time?" Ink Soul was surprised at even asking, but he had a feeling it was the right idea for today.

( OOC: I'm sorry for the late post. I got a little busy with other things in real life. Back now! )

Entranced with his own music, Walzting Serenade did not take notice to the new pony in front of him, he contiued to play his merry song blissfully unaware of the world around him. His song sounded like magic itself, it was flawless, happy, and full of energy. Waltzing really did know how to play after all, he had praticed all his life.