[Ponyville]International Day at the Ambrosia Cafe[Open to all!]

Cadance listened to Savory make her announcement and explain the first dishes that would be coming out for sampling. It was rather interesting listening to the other pony recount her tale of foreigners sharing their culinary secrets, and as the proprietor went down the list she smiled widely. Baklava? She hadn't had that in ages! She'd tried to get a royal cook to make some but it always came out of the kitchen oddly.

The princess's attention was grabbed by Jubilee again as the mare became exponentially more excited at her daydreams, until with a squeal she collapsed and Hoss caught her head with a pillow before thanking the pink mare. The alicorn gave an embarrassed smile, not wanting to cause more commotion to interrupt the event but also wanting Jubilee to keep feeling special. With a small nod she turned back to the food being brought out, forcing herself not to drool at the dishes as she saw them.

Jubilee's eyes sprang open as she rolled back up on her four hooves.

"Sounds good? SOUNDS GOOD??? IT'S A DREAM COME TRUE!" the petite blonde Pegasus shouted as she hugged Hoss. "I've been working so hard to become a name entertainer in Equestria, and now, I'M GOING TO BE PERFORMING IN THE ROYAL PALACE!"

The excited Pegasus mare rushed over to Princess Cadance and began to kiss her front hooves repeatedly while shouting "THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" (Rarity style from "Sweet and Elite").

Almost instantaneously, Vacant was reminded the he hadn't had lunch. The dish was alien to Vacant, so he stared at it idly for a moment before taking a small bite, and then many more, enjoying his dish quietly.

"Thank you, miss Savory, its always a pleasure to try new things." He said in courtesy.

"My pleasure." Savory replied, happy. Her attention was stolen away from Vacant when she heard Jubilee shouting about securing a role performing at the royal palace, with Hoss standing proudly beside her. Savory smiled, but was caught off guard by Jubilee kissing Cadence's hooves fervently. Her cheeks tinged a light pink, for she was not used to such outpourings of emotion save for her father, who would do anything and everything in his power to get his shy daughter to laugh. Savory giggled and tiptoed over to Cadence's side, doing her best not to bump into her.

"Excuse me, Princess, please forgive my delay in speaking with you personally. Things have gotten quite lively rather quickly, as I'm sure you've noticed."

Cadance watched Jubilee's outburst with her own tinged cheeks, not exactly sure how to move away without seeming impolite. She was of course delighted that the pegasus was so happy, but the princess also felt that she was drawing attention away from the main reason everypony was here: International Day. The owner of the cafe herself soon trotted over, smiling and striking up a conversation as well.

"Oh it's no problem at all," Cadance assured Savory, smiling sincerely. "It's wonderful that your event has drawn the attention that it has. Having traveled around Equestria myself, I'm pretty eager to taste all that you have to offer today. Have you always enjoyed cooking this much?"

Jubilee stopped kissing Princess Cadance's feet when she looked up and saw all the bewildered stares she was receiving from the others gathered in the room.

"Er, sorry," the petite Pegasus mare muttered as she tried to crawl graciously away from the royal alicorn. She was still excited about the prospect of performing at Canterlot castle, but she decided to calm down and not embarrass herself any further. She really hoped Hoss wouldn't back away from her for acting like such a 'fanfilly' in front of the Princess.

Hoss watched in surprise as Jubilee went all out in showing her appreciation to Princess Cadence.

Well, he admitted he would be just as excited himself if the famed heroine, Rainbow Dash or any of the Wonderbolts, such as Soarin or Spitfire asked the twins to do their tight-formation aerobatics for them.

While the Skybrights were strongly tied to their Astronomy and weather duties, what pegasus has not wished to strut their stuff for the best of the best? This has to be that level of accomplishment for Jubilee.

Hoss placed himself where most of the crowd could not see how thourougly the royal hoofguards were being kissed.

The stallion smiled reassuringly at his sweetheart and rested a wingtip on her to encourage her to stand up "I think we had better get some of that wonderful food, Hon. I wonder if Zecora will show up? I and Shanna didnt get much time to speak to her at the repair shop."

(I'll be Roleplaying Silverbolt and he knows Savory from Healing Waters)

Silverbolt smiled as he entered the cafe, finally having the time together his meal on the house offered to him by Savory during their conversation in Aloe and Lotus' spa. He saw Savory was chatting with a familiar pink Alicorn and his eyes widened in recognition. She's speaking with Princess Cadance, the one who had cleared away the changelings! He took a deep breath, and adjusted his two tone mane and brushed off some of the dust in his cobalt blue coat before approaching them.

With a respectful bow, Silverbolt said to the Princess, "Good day to you, Princess Cadance. I am Silverbolt, one of the many couriers that are needed to keep communications between cities running smoothly. A pleasure to finally meet you in pony.". He rose and gave a friendly smile to Cadence as he then said to Savory, "Hello, I'm here for that meal on the house you offered me for being such am attentive gentlecolt listening to you in the spa! Thank you, Savory!".

"Excellent suggestion, my love," Jubilee said as the petite blonde Pegasus mare followed Hoss to the buffet. "Did you say Zecora was coming? I certainly hope she does! She's the most famous zebra in all of Equestria!"

Jubilee has always admired Zecora and her mastery of magic healing potions. Few non-unicorns could boast of the magical prowess of the legendary zebra mare.

• 4 weeks later...
"Oh it's no problem at all,"

Savory sighed in relief, finally able to relax and converse with her royal guest. "I'm so glad..."

"It's wonderful that your event has drawn the attention that it has. Having traveled around Equestria myself, I'm pretty eager to taste all that you have to offer today."

"Thank you, Your Highness," the tall mare smiled brightly, pleased.

Have you always enjoyed cooking this much?"

"Oh my, yes. I've been in the kitchen since I was still in my mother's womb. She told me that whenever she smelled mint leaves to check how fresh they were, I would always kick once if they were strong enough scent, and twice if they were faint." Savory said, laughing softly. "I believe my love of cooking stems from my desire to share what became my talent with family, friends, and eventually all of Equestria."

Noticing somepony out of the corner of her eye, Savory glanced over to see the blue-coated stallion she met from her last spa day. Watching him bow to Cadence, she grinned when he greeted her, happy to see he remembered-and took her up on-her offer.

"Ah, it's wonderful to see you again, Silverbolt," she responded with a nod of her head. "Glad you could make it. You're quite welcome and please, help yourself. Anything for such a good listener."

• 4 weeks later...

((Well I messaged Circe and haven't received a response, I'm guessing this thread is inactive for now. Let me know if anything happens otherwise here and Cadence is needed.))

(( The Mayor is still somewhat involved in this thread since I never got to post a reply back in April when it died. But I somehow have to reply to this since I've been given a warning by the RP Helpstaff to continue, but since it's progressed way to far, I dunno if I should still post in here. Any suggestions? ))

(go ahead and post something, maybe greet Silverbolt or something. Also, Aria, Silverbolt introduced himself to Cadance and I am waiting on your reply before I can post)

dfSu6.jpg

[[ Returning to this thread. Hope nopony minds. ]]

The Mayor had stepped out earlier from the conversation to attend a few errands. Stepping back into the cafe, she found herself almost dumbfounded to see Princess Cadence. A few other new faces were talking to her as well. Why wasn't she informed? What was she doing here? Why were there no guards in the front? Lots of questions shot through her at an instant.

She calmed herself down and made her way towards the Princess to introduce herself.

"Princess Cadence!" She said as she bowed. "What a pleasant surprise! I wasn't told of your visit! I must have overlooked my schedule plans. Had I known, I would have prepared the town for your arrival."

Somepony at Townhall had to answer for this. If this was an official visit then she would have been notified in advance by one of the clerks, but no. She kept that thought in a compartment and reminded herself to deal with that issue later. Right now, royalty was in Ponyville and she had to give it all her attention. Everything else could wait.

Cadence listened politely as Savory explained her passion for cooking, starting from before she was born! That was rather impressive to the mare, as she'd never heard anything of the sort, and she stood rather transfixed for the rest of the story. A passion from before a pony even existed in the outside world... She'd have to think about that later as a stallion trotted up and introduced himself to the princess and the restauranteer, mentioning that he was a city courier.

"A pleasure to meet you as well," Cadence replied. "Perhaps we can talk later," she added as the two other ponies began speaking with each other about a previous get-together.

A call of her name stopped the royal mare once more, however, and she turned to find that another female pony was moving forward this time.

"May I help you?" Cadence asked kindly, mildly confused by what the other pony was saying. "I'm sorry, should I have scheduled something with town hall before coming? I wasn't aware if there were any special procedures," she admitted, an embarrassed smile on her lips as she spied the tied scroll cutie mark on her companion's flank. "I'm assuming you work for Ponyville, after all."

Jubilee began serving herself at the buffet table when she spotted the Mayor returning. Looking up at Hoss, the petite blonde Pegasus mare started whispering to him.

"Look darling, the Mayor's back. I wonder if she has some official business with the Princess. I still can't believe that I will be entertaining at Canterlot castle soon! It's the opportunity of a lifetime!"

Jubilee was so excited, she could barely eat. This was turning out to be a very important party for all!