My little Dashie the movie

kunio18

The last video that i posted on this thread is the most best creation that i have seen yet when it comes to my little dashie, its amazing what the gone has done for the teaser trailer, and he has even animated dash into real time,. manly tears were shed

if i had to bet my money on one guy to make my little dashie the movie it would be Jenomorph, his trailer made me shed manly tears, the music and the way he portrayed it all was just perfectly, his trailer needs more views and hits, he HAS TO MAKE IT !!!

I got goosebumps when i saw this thread...and now im already crying just watching these trailers...if this doesnt happen then this is a cruel world for torturing me so.

i really want Jenomorph to do it, best fan trailer that i have seen so far man, go on his website and have a peek at the details and people he has intrusted to do the awesome fanfic justice, the links on the video on youtube.

If this guy really goes the distance and makes it, my heart would definitely explode ....twice ;)

As far as the "gimmick" goes, I know for me I found it compelling because a lot of how the narrator described his life matched up with how my life was when I was in my early 20s.

Maybe everyone goes through that, or maybe people that go through that empty, alone time are more inclined to like our Ponies.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that is a common thread for the folks that liked the story.

I didn't cry (I read it at work so full immersion and being "ungaurded" was out) but I did find it touching.

im pretty sure man everyone goes through that stage in life in loneliness and solitude with the routine life, but to find a dashie in a cardboard box would brighten up anyone's life in an instant.

Next time give it a read when your not at work so you can fully immerse yourself in the story Kendrick

its by far the greatest fan fic that i have ever read, i cant wait till this fall 2012 for it to be finished !

i will pay big money for the front row seat to this movie, that's if it will ever to come in cinemas

• 3 months later...

I normally don't do this, but I kinda feel the need to berate the fandom here :l. The MLD that you posted only had a still image with the cropped hair moving slightly.. Along with poor camera work to boot.. This ones kinda small but it's the only one with animation out there atm

Idk, I'm not a fan of the baby cake's dashie design in that one, but there seems to be a lot more talent behind the project then this Jenomorph's one.. If anyone has any other MLD films with animation though, I'd be really interested in seeing them ^^

• 1 year later...

after so many years that ive waited for this, its finally here, this is an old topic that i posted when i first joined canterlot, the feels are strong here but alas, its my little dashie the movie, tho i would have wished more for zenomorphs video but that was cancelled due to an unfortunate circumstances, though this new guy brings its justice at incredible feels level

SO HERE IT IS !

please prepare your tear ducts for this whopping 27 minutes long movie

• Like 1

The movie was good from a technical standpoint. I have read My Little Dashie as one of my first fanfics which inspired me to write.

What I am shocked at was the comments I read on Equestria Daily about it, how there was a such a negative backlash and how they disliked that this movie even was made as it brought up the fanfic. Ok, My Little Dashie is by no means the best fanfic but wow such drama.

I am one of those who commented and dislikes the story vehemently. It is emotionally manipulative and exploitative. Instead of writing a good story with good characters in a good setting using good description and building up a good conflict, MLD handwaves all of that in the name of being manipulative. "CRY! CRY! THIS IS SO EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING!" it cries out with all the subtlety of an artillery strike.

All it does is exploit. It doesn't want to tell a story, it wants to make you cry. It is the cheapest, sleaziest form of interaction between author and audience- all flash and no substance, trying to elicit emotions where it has earned none. The only difference between MLD and Cupcakes is the sort of emotion they are trying to make you feel. Beyond that, they are the exact same: Manipulative.

• Like 3

each to their own dude, sorry that you feel that way about it though,

the film though is rather good, it seems like alot of hard work has been put into it an credit is due

And that's a shame.

Now a The Immortal Game movie...

I am one of those who commented and dislikes the story vehemently. It is emotionally manipulative and exploitative. Instead of writing a good story with good characters in a good setting using good description and building up a good conflict, MLD handwaves all of that in the name of being manipulative. "CRY! CRY! THIS IS SO EMOTIONALLY ENGAGING!" it cries out with all the subtlety of an artillery strike.

All it does is exploit. It doesn't want to tell a story, it wants to make you cry. It is the cheapest, sleaziest form of interaction between author and audience- all flash and no substance, trying to elicit emotions where it has earned none. The only difference between MLD and Cupcakes is the sort of emotion they are trying to make you feel. Beyond that, they are the exact same: Manipulative.

The story relies solely on the idea that the reader is going to just go ahead and implant himself on the nameless personalityless protagonist. There is no real story, no characters and no arc. If you removed the pony aspect nobody would think this story was worth anything.

Heck, if you changed Rainbow Dash from a pony to a human then its the story of a man keeping a child isolated her entire life. It would be a horrifying tale of child abuse

• Like 1

The story relies solely on the idea that the reader is going to just go ahead and implant himself on the nameless personalityless protagonist. There is no real story, no characters and no arc. If you removed the pony aspect nobody would think this story was worth anything.

Heck, if you changed Rainbow Dash from a pony to a human then its the story of a man keeping a child isolated her entire life. It would be a horrifying tale of child abuse

You know... you just basically confirmed what SteelEagle has said, right? Nothing you said discredits any of how he feels about MLD, and in fact those are the reasons it is a work of emotional manipulation.

Honestly I am so sick of the "YOU HAVE TO LIKE IT CUZ EFFORT WAS PUT IN IT" argument people bring up for this and Snow Drop both

No, No I don't, you know what else had a massive amount of work and such put in it? Avatar :| and I didn't like that either, and I'm not expected to because "They worked so hard" on it

You know... you just basically confirmed what SteelEagle has said, right? Nothing you said discredits any of how he feels about MLD, and in fact those are the reasons it is a work of emotional manipulation.

Els was agreeing with me.:P