[Woodlands] Night Walk [Closed][ENDED]

Skye

He nodded, still keeping an eye on the deer as they supped on the bush. "It's not common to see them this soon at night. I suppose you would be, I was not sure how versed in the nocturnal animals you would be. I apologize, I meant no affront." Skye listened to her explanation, his ears splaying. "I suppose it would be difficult for them, just as it is for me to make the trip. I've seen some of our more sure-footed cousins on the mountainsides, but I can't even make it up partway without fearing of setting off an avalanche, and that would be dangerous indeed." Though smiled and looked back to the deer, then froze as she stepped on the twig. The doe looked up sharply, her fawns flattening instantly to the ground as they listened.

Skye held his breath as well, waiting scant few heartbeats before a soft bleating noise, his antlers sparkling for a moment. Then he held silent and watched. After several moments, the doe calmed back down and went back to browsing with her fawns, who rose as if nothing had happened. "Aren't they cute? Two more precious lives with their mother. When they grow up big and strong, have fawns of their owns, I'll watch them as well as I can, as I would any who come here." he whispered again. Suddenly, as they finished feeding, the deer dashed off, their white tails flagging silvery in the moonlight. "And off they go. I may never see them again, but I'm proud to know they live here too. To be a part of life's story, as I'm proud to be a part of yours, Princess."

Luna watched as the deer disappeared off into the darkness. She sat down on the ground, turning to Skye as he spoke.

'Thank you Skye. I'm flattered, reallyâ€â€Â' she paused to yawn, covering her mouth with a hoof and then blushing. 'I'm sorry that was rudeâ€â€Â' she was interrupted by another yawn. 'â€â€Âterribly rude...' she sighed. 'â€â€ÂBut I really am glad that I met you, you've beenâ€â€Âbeenâ€â€Â' Her eyelashes fluttered as she fought drowsiness. 'â€â€Âso kind and generous....' she yawned again, sliding down and laying her head on her front hooves. 'I shouldnâ€â€Âshouldn'tâ€â€Â's not right....at all...' Luna mumbled something else, before she fell fast asleep.

The peryton smiled at her, and nodded as she settled down. He continued to watch her as she began to yawn, though he remained seated where he was. "Sleep well, Luna." as she began to fade, laying her head down on her hooves. "Sleep well, and dream too." he settled down nearby as she closed her eyes and began to breathe regularily, the soft sounds of sleep. Skye looked up to the moon where her figure had until so recently been on its surface and flicked his ears, then down to the sleeping pony in the soft patch of grass she'd bedded down in. He'd watch over her through the night, as he always had before, as he always would for as long as he could, keeping the Princess of the Moon company for many years to come.

In the morning, he stretched and yawned, shaking the fine layer of dew that had accumulated in his coat and looked about. He'd only napped a little, being a light sleeper naturally, though the princess was still fast asleep by this time. Skye licked his lips, and cast about. Thinking to himself, if she's as thirsty when she wakes up as I am, she's probably going to appreciate some water. Hopefully I can be back before she wakes up.

Taking a moment to ensure she was safe from immediate danger, he gave a flick of his tail and bounced off towards his favorite watering hole. Not too far in the distance, but definitely a good enough distance to get a good stretch of his legs in. This was his favorite time of morning, too, when everything smelled so fresh and awake. As much as he loved the night, he loved the day as well even if he normally slept through most of it. But for now, he had to get his fill in and then back to the Princess before she woke.

The following morning, Luna awoke. The sun shone down, warming her skin. She sat up, glancing around and remembering the previous night.

"Skye?" she called, noting that he was surprisingly absent from view. "Skye?" she called again, louder this time. She yawned and stood up, stretching in the morning air. "Skkyyyee!" she called out, a little louder still. There came no answer, just the chirping of birds and the rustle of leaves.

Drat. she thought. She looked 'round again, this time trying to get her bearings. Even though she may not have realized at the time, she had been lost even before she met Skye. He had led her deeper into the forest without her completely realizing it, and now she was especially lost. Everything had looked different at night, what little that could be seen, that is.

She sat down again, trying to figure out which way to go, when she rememberedâ€â€Âthe sun! It always rose in front of the castle, and set behind it...so all she had to do was figuring on the direction of the sun and head east. She stood up once again, and then thought that perhaps Skye would be back...it wouldn't be very polite of her to leave...but Celestia was probably so worried.

Luna laid down on her front hooves again, closing her eyes and trying to figuring out what to do.

Meanwhile, Skye was nosing about, looking for a bucket or container, or even a bowl, anything he could bring water back with him. It would be easier to show the princess where the river was, but he felt it would be nicer still if she awoke with a fresh bowl nearby. The berries and the sap were so very delicious, but tended to leave one parched. In his distraction, he began to lose the track of time, and had been gone for nearly an hour before he realized he'd been busy for too long and that she was surely awake by now. The forest was thick enough that any sounds carried oddly, though he got a tingle through him that someone was calling for him. About that time, he realized he'd wandered too far, and turned on his hooves to dash back the way he had come. The leaves parted easily from his lowered antlers, stepping nimbly over root and gopher hole, the way invisible to any but those most versed with this area of the woods. It hadn't taken him too long to find the stream, but he didn't know how well the Princess could track him through these thicker parts of the woods.

As he broke the woods and dashed down the path, he was suddenly surprised by an oncoming group of travellers and nearly ran headlong into them before he quickly whisked back into the forest nearby and froze, waiting for them to pass. This was going to delay his return to the berry bush, and at their pace, he didn't dare make a move until they sufficiently made headway. Oh, why didn't he just wait until she'd woken up first? He was nor normally prone to making these sorts of mistakes, but he wasn't accustomed to spending as much time in the company of one such as her. Even Celestia rarely stayed very long when she came to the Wood, and it was often months between visits. There was no telling the next time she'd be back, but with Princess Luna missing, she was surely to come looking for her and likely with a full complement of guards, and that wasn't going to be pretty either.

The guess on the guard was a hundred percent correct. Soon enough an entourage of golden armor clad stallion's were making their way into the forest in thin swarms by obvious order to find the night princess. They would check behind trees. In caves. Infact they were checking everywhere for their royal lady, with the older one following in check as she entered the woods much to her guards trying to change her mind, they just couldn't disuade her. Her mind was set and as she entered her eyes narrowed ever so slightly with the task at hand, despite the emotion her mind was rolling with like a thunder storm.

She hadn't seen her sister all night and the worry and the twinge of her own self loathing reared its head, aswell as fear. So much fear. The fear of losing her sister. The fear of losing...everything. With her brow wrinkled in worry, Celestia and her entourage ventured ever deeper into the winding forestation.

The memories of this place, wandering the trees quietly and exploring the night so long ago. Meeting strange creatures. Several in question she had befriended unconditionally. How many friends had she seen pass on in a thousand years that she had been so...needing of company? Shaking those thoughts from her head she kept her eyes open for her sister, all night long till she had to raise the son, she and the guards had been searching the castle. As large and as spacious as it was, it was like finding a needle in a haystack trying to find anypony in there if you didn't know where to look.

Eventually they fanned out. Infact several guards were scouting out in Canterlot at the moment, but Celestia felt it best to go where there were less civillian ponies and this...just felt a right place to be in, in the long run. With her sun beating down and her worry increasing, she called out hopefully into the depths of the woods.

"Luna!? Luna are you here? Luna???"

Luna lifted her head again, surprised. She had dozed off again, though for how long she wasn't sure. She looked around again for Skye, but he was still not around. She heard something that sounded almost like an echo, calling to her. Luna... She shook her head, thinking that it had been a dream...but then she heard it again. Luna!

She stood up, yawning once more and looking around again. 'H-hello?' she called tentatively.

There was no answer.

She took a step forward, and then thought better of it. She turned her face toward the sky, finding the sun and getting her bearings.

Luna headed off in the direction of the castle, hoping that Skye would not worry for her if he were to come back. She would visit him another day, and explain things, if she did not see him again before she left the wood.

The peryton watched the ponies approaching, and nearly breathed a sigh of exasperation. They were plodding along so slowly. He could risk...no, that'd likely give him away. A daydream at this point might help, but it was difficult with more than two, and there were at least five in this group. Maybe he could just pretend to be a regular deer...the woods were thick. Suddenly, his keen ears pricked as he caught the sound of Celestia's voice calling from the distance. From the noise of their cart and their talking amongst each other, the ponies in his way couldn't hear it, but he certainly did.

"Oh, very good, Skye. Now both of them are here, and you know Celestia's not going to be happy with you for losing her sister. After such a great start, you had to botch everything up and leave Luna there all by herself to get a drink of water instead of waiting." finally giving up, he startled the ponies in the group with a loud deer bellow and dashed off into the woods, hoping they'd just mistake him for another of his cousins. There were many paths through the wood, but much of it was thick and grown and easy to get lost in. His sense of direction helped, but he preferred to avoid dashing blindly through it like this. Soon he left the paths behind and slipped in and out of brush and bounded over low-hanging boughs on his way back.

He crossed another path and came to a skidding halt as he nearly ploughed into one of Celestia's guards. With a sparkle of his antlers, he sent the guard a daydream that a particularily noisome breeze had just rushed down the path to stir the leaves, danced around him quickly and then bounded off in a different direction from the bewildered pony. Then he resumed his dash through the woods. As he ran, he realized what had caused him to make such a mistake in all these years. Fawn love, or puppy love as others called it, having spent an entire night with the Princess of the Moon, he was nearly giddy with it. Not quite real love, not romantically anyway. But still a strong emotional response he hadn't expected sent him all aflutter even as he tried to control his emotions. She was such a little thing, and terribly cute, he immediately felt protective. And of course, he'd made the mistake of thinking of her as a fawn and that she'd stay put until he returned.

But she was no deer, and it was clear to him that she would definitely do as she would. And now her big sister was here with the guards. Oh, hooves! If Celestia got hers on him, he was going to be in a world of shame. If only he could get back to...oh Celestia, where was she? As Skye returned to the berry bush, Luna was gone. He lowered his head and tried to sense where she went, but those glass slippers of her masked her footsteps. "Luna?" he called, "Princess Luna, where'd you go?"

When there was commotion going around with the guards at the sudden deer howl that ran through the woods, Celestia stepped down from her cart, much to the fretting of the guards as the princess furthered herself into the woods. The symptoms of the confused and dazed guard she came across with her entourage sparked her memory slightly as the guard let out a faint nicker at things he could see, but nopony else could. Raising her eyebrows she turned to the two following her.

"Take him back to the carriage." She said authoratatively.

Despite the resistance her guards put up, they eventually conceeded and took the stallion back as the princess ventured deeper. Brow furrowed in faint concentration her eyes wandered over the woods, every branch, every bird that tweeted, every squirrel that scampered and the memories grew and grew with every sound and smell. She visited this place less and less nowadays. Why? It was so beautiful here. So calm. Much calmer than Canterlot at times.

But she shouldn't be focusing on that. She should be focusing on her sister. A tight, twisting pain in her chest still pinching and making her wince at the thought of her sister out here. And alone. But that...howl. Arching a brow slowly she followed into the depths before something caught her attention. Was someone else calling her sister's name? Blinking she followed the voice curiously.

"Hello? Is someone there?" She called out. "Please, I need to find my sister!"

Luna looked around, trying to figure out where she was. The were thicker here than where she had started, and though sunlight shown through the branches, she could not find the actual sun. She sat down, looking this way and thatâ€â€Âbut not gaining any sense of direction.

'Horse feathers!' she said, swatting at some fallen leaves with a hoof. I should have just waited for Skye. she thought. Then again, she didn't know if Skye was going to come back at all.

Her stomach rumbled, and she was reminded that she hadn't had anything for breakfast. Come to think of it, all she had had for dinner was the bit of honey and berries Skye had offered to her. It was probably late afternoon by now, and if so that meant that she had missed lunch as well.

She heard a sound off in the forest, and looked around for the source. There was no telling what sorts of creatures resided in the woods. Luna had been perfectly comfortable walking around at night, but in the daylight, things were different somehow.

Her eyes focused on something lumbering through the trees, and she squinted at it even as it drew closer. It's brown color made it blend in with the surroundings, and Luna kept losing sight of it. But as it came closer and closer, Luna realized with dread what it must be: a bear.

Luna stifled the urge to yell upon first seeing it. She had never seen a bear in real life. She'd read about them, seen a couple of picturesâ€â€Âbut she knew that they could be dangerous. She could try to make a run for itâ€â€Âbut that would just make her more lost. She couldn't fight it; she didn't know how.

Then the bear caught sight of Luna. It moved in her direction, slowly, still walking, as though it might only be curious. But Luna wasn't taking chances. She stood, slowly backing away, hoping that maybe the bear would lose interest and turn the other way. But it kept coming, and Luna kept moving backward, glancing behind herself every now and again so that she wouldn't trip on something. The bear edged closer, and Luna couldn't go any faster backwards.

All of a sudden, the bear decided that it didn't like Luna. It stood on its hind legs, still several yards from her. Luna continued moving backwards, frightened by the sudden display. The bear lowered itself back to the ground with a thump, letting out a roar. Then it charged.

Luna saw it and turned tail. There was nothing she could do. She heard its heavy paws behind her, slamming against the forest floor. She turned her head for a moment to see if she was gaining any ground between them. She lost sight of it for a moment, and continued running forward and looking back, trying to find it again.

She was stopped by a tree in her path, smashing into it. She immediately fell onto the ground, her head pounding and her breathing labored. She closed her eyes, trying to rid her head of the dizziness she had just caused herself. A crash caused her to jump and turn around, and there was the bear again. She didn't have time to move, so she reared on her front hooves, pretending as though she were going to attack back. The bear charged again, this time swiping at Luna's head.

She ducked, and the bear instead struck the tree with its claws, showering Luna with bark. She raced out from under the bear as it was stunned for a moment, tearing off into the trees again.

She kept her eyes ahead this time, but she heard the bear behind her, its feet pounding as fast as her heart. Her breathing came in gasps, her hooves pounded on the ground, not going nearly fast enough.

'Help!' she called out in last desperation. 'Help! she cried again, racing in and out of the trees trying to lose it. But try as she might, it stayed with her, the heavy paws with the thick claws drawing ever closer.

The peryton moved this way and that, trying to pick up Luna's trail, hopefully before anything happened to her. The Woods were full of the unknown, and even being a resident as long as he had, even he didn't want to have to tangle with them. Bears, possibly mountain lions, and any number of other unknown dangers that the woods possessed to those who were not versed in the signs. But his search was proving futile, at least in the immediate vicinity, and he began to expand it more. As he did, he heard Celestia's voice calling for her sister, his large ears swivelling to catch her tones as she inquired.

"Hello? Is someone there?" she'd called out. "Please, I need to find my sister!" he shrunk back at her call, knowing that he was going to be in for it if she'd found out he was the one who'd lost her. Oh, why didn't I just wait until she woke up? I'm too used to being independent for so long. But standing around was going to get him nowhere and possibly Luna in far more trouble. Sure, she was a Princess, but she was still young and by the look of things, new to the world dangers outside alone. Especially from the look of those guards, Celestia hadn't come alone. She'd never come to the wood with them before unless she was on a mission. He was torn between the choice of coming outright and telling her what he'd done, or finding Luna before the worst happened and risking her wrath later. He decided that maybe more sets of eyes were better than none, and that hopefully she'd understand for the immediate future long enough.

He turned and bolted through the woods down the small animal trail towards the larger road and nearly bowled Princess Celestia over as he emerged from the undergrowth. "Oh, excuse me, Princess but I...I've done a terrible thing. I've lost your..." but as he'd started to apologize, that sense that he was needed began to race through his spine, and his large ears picked up the faint screem in the distance. "Luna!" he cried out, and dashed off in the direction his keen ears pointed him. In a moment, he'd vanished as fast as he'd emerged, leaving the Princess and her guard behind in a series of rapid, graceful bounds.

"I'm coming, Luna!" he cried out, his breath coming in heavy, rapid grunts as he tried to zero in on the sounds of the scuffling. Suddenly, he broke into the small clearing, nearly right behind the bear as it had charged, and in a few bounds, nearly caught up as it took a swing out of the tree. Being smaller and easily missed, he was easily looked over as Princess Luna reeled and took off, the bear hot on her heels. As she screamed for help, he put on an extra burst of speed, catching back up to the speeding pair and this time moved alongside the bear. Angling his antlers, he dug his hooves in and turned, driving them firmly against the side of the bear and nearly wrenching his neck from his shoulders as he does.

The bear naturally didn't enjoy being jabbed at by a pair of sharp antlers and tripped, taking a tumble with its large bulk. Faced with this new threat, it nearly forgot Luna as she gained her advantage, turning to growl with bared teeth at the deer who'd braced himself on his slender legs. Eyeing the larger creature from behind his antlers, he snorted, lips pulling back as he gritted them. Skye's antlers began to sparkle, and the ghostly form of a much larger creature began to take shape overlapping his, though this had little effect on the bear who acted as if he couldn't see it.

"Stay behind me, Princess." he growled, a most uncharacteristic sound coming from his throat as he showed down the bear. It took a lunge at him and he nimbly danced aside, then reared up and struck at the threat with his silvery hooves. One-two, they struck at the bear's body, one-two, one-two. When he touched down again, he dug in, narrowly missing a swipe from those massive paws. Just one hit and he'd be done for, but he'd had experience as a creature of the forest enough to watch for himself, even if he were also watching for the form of the Princess and hoping he'd drawn the ire of the massive beast from its desired breakfast. Oh yes, Skye was mad now, feinting at the bear as it tried to circle around. The ghostly shape of an ursa grew more solid over him as he drew his focus on the threat, before it fuzzed as he lunged forward and struck at the bear's head with his hooves again, one-two, one-two, then reeled to take a kick at the beast.

That was the moment the bear took its opportunity, and it swung at him, its massive paw catching the peryton in the hindquarters and spinning him around, large gouges appearing in his flank where the sharp talons dragged against his hide. He screamed at the sudden searing pain, and knew that if help didn't come in moments, that both he and the Princess would merely end up a late brunch.

As the search continued, the princess's heart sank. Why hadn't she dropped the subject earlier? Why hadn't she just begged her sister's forgiveness like she should've done the first night instead of doing small favours and small, 'helpful' things to try and help the night princess feel more at home after a millenia of loneliness. Of solitude. She may have been on her own but there were ponies here, ponies to talk to...on the moon...nothing. As beautiful as it was, it was cold and vacant, like an endless cold desert...

The pain twisted into her chest like a blade, halting the princess briefly in her steps and causing the guards to inquire of her state, but she disregarded them. Politely. But still disregarded them as she was urged further on by the knowledge that somewhere in this maze of trees and wilderness, her sister was here. Alone. And unguarded.

Or atleast she thought that.

When the explosion of blue fur and antlers burst from the bush, it caught the lady of the sun offguard and her soldiers rushed forward. Glaring at the opposing force with brutal narrowed eyes, the trained elite simply following the natural instincts distilled into them from months of training to protect the princess baring down onto the peryton before it spoke up and made the princess blink with some familiarity twinkling in her eyes.

"Skye?" She questioned, a little shocked to see the blue furred creature again and wishing quietly it was on more fonder terms as he began to appologise, the confusion crossing her features.

"I don't understand, Skye, what did you-"

That scream...

Luna?

Turning her head in the way the peryton dashed off into, she neither hesitated, nor paused to follow and neither did the golden plated entourage. Several staying behind to guard the chariot and the one that had been bewildered from wild, roving animals. But those, at the moment, were the furthest things from the princess's mind as she tried to follow her best through the undergrowth. Her slender legs made it easy to step over most of the bushes and her magic parted the branches that would dare even try to snag as the lustrous mane and tail that followed behind her as a multicolored trail.

Feeling her heart pounding in her chest as she heard the sounds ahead, the stomping of hooves on fur and muscle and the ominous growl of a woodland bear that made the matriarch's eyes widen in such familial fear. Her sister was there. She could hear her screams and Skye's grunts and soon enough a fretted wail of pain as it sounded like the creature made contact.

The bear looking all too irritated by its pounding as it loomed closer to the pair of blue, four legged creatures when Celestia finally caught sight of the scene. And before the giant furred brute could land a final blow to the already wounded mythical cervine, there was an explosion of white and multiple color that burst from the bushes.

Catching the creature offguard as the tall, pale horned creature stood with a subtle, imposing glare to her eyes infront of both the wounded Skye and her sister. This only made the bear raise its paw to strike out in further anger at being withheld from its breakfast, when all of a sudden those bright, magnificent wings opened up and there was a blazing flash of white light from Celestia's horn.

Catching off her wings it made the flash all the more bigger and more frightening, causing the woodland beast to let out a growl of fear and pain as it quickly turned tail and fled back into the depths of the woods, while it still had its eyesight.

Once everything was clear, the light diminished from the regal mare's horn and she looked back to Skye and Luna. Eyes wide in relief, but also fear and concern for both their wellbeings as the royal guard piled into the clearing and formed and outward pointing circle around the group. Eyes and ears alert from more danger.

"Are you both alright???"

Luna's ears perked at the sound of Skye's voice. She halted and spun around, sliding on the slippery leaves. She saw Skye, fighting against the bear, pounding against it with horn and hoof. There was nothing she could do.

Luna stood frozen in place, her sides heaving and her legs shaking. All she could do was watch as Skye danced around the bear, not quite having the upper hoof, but too fast to be caughtâ€â€Âso she thought.

She saw the bear's claw come down, ripping through the blue Peryton.

'SKYE!' she screamed, but before she could take a step forward, the bear turned its eyes on her. She was quickly forgotten, however, as the bear remembered its current prey. Luna took a few steps forward, and then paused again. Hearing commotion behind her, she turned to see Celestia and her royal guards.

Luna watched as Celestia raised her magnificent wings. The shown brightly, casting a faint glow on the surrounding trees. Then, the bear turned tail and headed away from the lot of them.

'SKYE!' she yelled, racing over to his side. Luna looked him over, glancing fearfully from his face to the wound, trying to decipher how bad it actually was. The wound looked deep, and his blue fur was stained with blood and dirt.

'Skye? Skye, I'm so sorry!' she bent her head down and licked his cheek. 'We'll make you better, alright? You'll be okay. Celestiaâ€â€ÂCelestia can help.' she glanced up at her sister, then back to Skye. 'Everything'll be okay, Skye. Just stay with me. Please.' she pleaded with him.

Skye's sides heaved like great bellows from the adrenaline rush of the fight with the bear, though his eyes were somewhat dazzled by Celestia's brilliance, his mind still had not quite come to terms with what had happened. He'd acted instinctively, he'd done what he had to do, and the thrill of it was still racing through his system. As Luna tried to get his attention, his eyes seemed to see right through her for several moments before they flicked, and began to draw back into focus on her. The sparkling of his antlers fizzled out, and the ghostly image of the ursa faded into thin air from around him. He began to shake as his system began to come down from the rush of the fight. As he returned to the world around him, his injured flank started to wobble, seeping rivulets of blood down the sodden cerulean hide.

"Luna?" he whispered, then stronger "Luna! Luna, are you...Oh Princess Celestia, you're...you're here..." he looked from both ponies, and to the guards who'd flanked her. As Luna looked towards to him, and towards his wound, his eyes followed her and widened as they took in the damage. Large furrows drew through his flesh, deep but not life-threatening, but the sight of his blood as it stained his leg suddenly became too much for him. He looked back towards Celestia, his eyes already slowing in reaction as he began to wobble all over.

"I'm...I'm okay." his voice wavered, then his legs buckled and he fell forwards onto the grass, followed by landing on his side with a heavy thud, and went unconscious.

Watching the sadness and desperation in her sister's eyes, Celestia lowered herself to look over the peryton and the worry twisted in her chest. They looked superficial, enough to bleed but not deep enough to hit an artery...still if he kept bleeding out...

Turning her head to one of the guard, the pony instantly straightened up under the gaze of his princess and she expected no less in times such as this, one wing moving to delicately rest on the cervine like creature's wound to stem the bleeding, she spoke direct and authoratatively.

"Guard, fetch me the vial I keep on the chariot of Philomena's tears, with speed."

And like that, the guard set off with another to make sure he would come back safe. The rest of the guard filling out the gap the two had left in the circle in order to protect the princesses and their friend at all cost.

Once done, Celestia glanced back at Skye and Luna.

Had they both kept each other safe? Had they met sometime in the night? Creasing her brow, such thoughts quickly evacuated, watching her white wing stain pink as she kept it there to ease the bleeding of the unconcious blue winged stag before her eyes turned to her sister. The real relief now showing as a slight shine came to her eyes. So relieved to see her alright, to see her in one piece.

"I promise you, Luna, he is going to be just fine."

Skye fell to the ground, and Luna called out his name again. She saw his sides moving in rhythm, a sign that he was still alive...for now.

"O-okay." Luna stammered in response to Celestia. She had regained her breath, but her legs still jittered, and she wobbled where she stood for a moment. She swallowed hard, staring at the slowly growing pool of blood. She was exhausted from running and lack of food and water, and that was about to take its toll.

"Celestiaâ€â€ÂCelestia Iâ€â€Â' Her vision grew cloudy and dark, and she was suddenly light headed. She felt the sensation of falling, but there was nothing she could do. Everything went black as Luna fainted.

As the world faded from the pair of them, Celestia could only cradle the pair in her large, broad wings as the worry eminated from her.

Glancing to her guards she let out a weak sigh.

"Get them both to the castle...let them a room..."

A day would pass...but her sister was safe.

((Derp, such a BAD post >~~< ))