whats your favorite season 1-2 episode and why

This fourm is for your favorite episdode from MLP FIM. This is also my first topic....AHHHHH...yay. :kissy:

My favorite episode is the last round-up from season 2 because of how wwe are introduced to a new town in equestria and how PinkiePie is used as a secret weapon. :sad:

I tend to like different episodes for different reasons. Party of One. I can relate to it in probably more ways than I want to admit. :mad:

Runner up: Applebuck Season.

From season two, I really enjoyed Baby Cakes. It was great seeing a different side of Pinkie Responsibility Pie.

Runner up: Read It and Weep

• Like 1

Probably obvious with me, but from S1 my favorite was Sonic Rainboom because it focused on Dash and really showed that there was more to her than just an arrogant braggart. 2nd best, I think was Applebuck Season because it was so funny, even if Dash wasnt really spotlighted for more than one scene.

S2 best is still Lesson Zero because it was just so funny for me to see Twilght go bat-trots insane, to the point her character made a complete 180* reversal by the ending

I'm not sure yet when it comes to overall favorite. I'll probably wait until season 2 is complete and I've watched them all again before I decide that.

Season one favorite is Sonic Rainboom. That episode is pretty close to perfect.

"Best Night Ever" for me. I'm still amazed that the writers managed to fit six separate storylines into the episode without it feeling rushed. It was really great seeing everypony pursuing her dreams, and then so very moving to see them get crushed. I mean, it was sad, but so well done! And the dresses. So amazing.

From Season 2, I think I'll have to say "Sweet and Elite". The storyline was very mature, while still entertaining and fun. The fact that I honestly believed, for just a few seconds, that Rarity was going to forsake her friends in front of the Canterlot elite, is a testament to how powerful and skilful the writing and acting was.

After Sonic Rainboom I just lost the feeling that FiM is for little girls. Although the show still is educative, cute, simple, etc., the only episode where I have seen the whole 'manliness' of it is this one.

In 2nd season I would go with The MMDW. It was the least predictable for me, I loved the superhero theme of the show, decent sense of humour — basically, a great episode.

P.S.

Btw, what are your, guys, favorite friendship report?

Mine is the one from Cutie Mark Chronicles

After Sonic Rainboom I just lost the feeling that FiM is for little girls. Although the show still is educative, cute, simple, etc., the only episode where I have seen the whole 'manliness' of it is this one.

In 2nd season I would go with The MMDW. It was the least predictable for me, I loved the superhero theme of the show, decent sense of humour — basically, a great episode.

P.S.

Same here :) It reminds me of my friendship with my two best friends, because we all knew each other's family member's before us actually meeting each other, if that makes sense :/

P.S.

Oh man, that needs to be its own topic. I might have to review them again, but off the top of my head, Lesson Zero's is near the top.

P.S.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA! I Buckin' Hate DA! There is a wonderful comic of dash writing her letter to celestia after MMDW, but "Dash Letter" "Dash Letter Celestia" "Dash letter MMDW" "Dash MMDW" "Dash Writes letter" "Dash Letter Comic" NONE of them can find it!

Now somone else will post the comic and everyone will laugh and they will get credit for remembering it... I hate DA's really lousy search system...

Let's see. First Season..it's hard. But I love "Dog & Pony Show". Just a really fun episode with all the mane cast. Rarity really shines in this one..And I love the little 'fantasies' the characters come up with during the episode, especially Spike's little dreams of rescuing his 'beloved' and ofcourse Sapphire Shores is kind of cool. Her design reminds me something of Chuck Jones if he was still up and about and he had to design a pony.

Season 2 is easy. Last Roundup. Another mane cast episode. Just love everything about it. And Pinkie Pie is best weapon pony. :smirk:

...and ofcourse Sapphire Shores is kind of cool. Her design reminds me something of Chuck Jones if he was still up and about and he had to design a pony...

I got a strong Tina turner vibe from SS, but maybe that's just me...

Damn. This is hard. I'll say my top 5 (6?).

1. Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 600. Just because of Flim and Flam. Right when they started singing I was like "New best ponies right here". XD Now they're my favorites!

2. Lesson Zero. I like nightmare fuel, ok? Creepy stuff is awesome, and the whole time I was thinking, "If a little girl saw this, they'd run to their mom". Plus, I love the faces Twilight makes.

3. Return of Harmony (both parts). Discord is just amazing. He used to be my favorite character, actually. I just love how funny he is. Plus, Tom.

4. Putting Your Hoof Down. Mr T reference, new Fluttershy is just halarious. Also, Iron Will is pretty funny. And when Fluttershy said 'flying feather' I laughed so much my stomach hurt.

5. Party of One. My only season 1 episode in this list, actually. Again, nightmare fuel FTW! It was great to see Pinkie Pie completely out of character, and I loved her disguese with the hay, coat, and glasses.

Honorable mentions that almost made it. Winter Wrap Up, Dragonshy, The Best Night Ever, Sonic Rainboom, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Stare Master, Show Stoppers, Luna Eclipsed, May the Best Pet Win, It's About Time, The Last Roundup and Hurricane Fluttershy, Wow. Long list...

EDIT: as an honorable mention, I forgot Suited For Succes.

This is a GREAT question!

Season 1 --- by a hair, I must choose "Over a Barrel" over "Best Night Ever" and "Party of One". LOVE the Western town of APPLEOOSA!

Season 2 --- SO many good eps, gotta go with "Return of Harmony" slightly over the others because Discord is SO 'over the top' in his performance!

i absolutely Loved the super speedy cider squeezer 6000. finaly, a story when pony learned anything, we got to understand the meaning of opportunity, AND we got to see an underlying reference to the consumer market of today, with the family run businesses being run out by quantity, not quality. WOO!

Ooh, good one. There are so many to choose from! Let's see...

I think Dragonshy is probably my top favorite. I love Fluttershy, I can relate to her so easily (and she's absolutely adorable), and seeing her grow during the course of this episode really kept me glued to the screen. Plus the episode had a good adventure aspect to it, and at the time I was still new to the show and getting used to the fact I was watching a program whose target audience was children. I'm a sucker for a good adventure. The character interactions among the Mane 6 were excellently performed, too. I also enjoyed how Applejack saved Twilight from a falling boulder (just one of many aspects to a fun episode).

Party of One was great, as well. It was the first episode to help me see Pinkie Pie in a different light. At the time, she was my least favorite character, but she actually showed realistic emotion here, and her descent into creepiness even proved that nopony is immune to negative feelings.

I also enjoyed Over the Barrel, for reasons similar to Dragonshy. The ponies were forced into a very real situation, and again the character interaction was top notch. The bedtime dialogue in the train in the first act just cracks me up. I also admire how the writers really showed the intensity of the final stand-off between the buffalo and Appleoosians before the stampede began. I wouldn't have expected that from a little girls' show.

Season Two episodes... Hurricane Fluttershy was a terrific one. For one, being Fluttershy-centric, and once again showing her growing as a character. I like how the writers bypassed the trope of "training montage solves all problems" and gave Fluttershy a chance to save the day when she felt least capable.

Lesson Zero.... heh, again with the creepiness factor, and proving that even the normally calm and collected Twilight Sparkle can break down if pushed (her faces seriously freaked me out :-| ). Yet another episode when I applaud the writers for introducing some rather mature elements without losing the kids' show aspect.

AAAAAAAAAAAAA! I Buckin' Hate DA! There is a wonderful comic of dash writing her letter to celestia after MMDW, but "Dash Letter" "Dash Letter Celestia" "Dash letter MMDW" "Dash MMDW" "Dash Writes letter" "Dash Letter Comic" NONE of them can find it!

Now somone else will post the comic and everyone will laugh and they will get credit for remembering it... I hate DA's really lousy search system...

Oops, late to the party on this one. Allow me!

S3akW.jpg

My favorite Season 1 episode is hard for me to tell. I enjoy all the episodes for a ton of different reasons, whether by plot execution, the humor, or just how the episode commences so smoothly.

If I HAD to choose a favorite, "Feeling Pinkie Keen" would likely top my list. Its humor is well-written, its animation is GREAT to look at, the story is quite fun in itself, and the moral (People don't always understand everything, as some things are best understood as the unknown) is a GREAT one. It perfectly symbolizes the show and the fandom's liking for it, in my opinion.

As for Season 2, my favorite is "Hurricane Fluttershy", hooves down. The humor is uncannily well-timed, the character development shines through quite well, the story is interesting and viewable again and again, and to me I just think it's a timeless episode. It's honestly my definition of a perfect episode.