Scarlet "Jezebel" Rose [FINAL]

Ashton

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Scarlet Rose (goes by "Jezebel" because it's more bad-flank)

Sex: Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Red

Coat Color: red

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black and Purple streaked in a spikey "punk" style.

Physique: She's a little on the thin side for a foal and a hair on the tall side for a filly

Cutie Mark: NA

Origin/Residence: Trottingham

Motivation: Live life, party, have fun, screw the rules!

Likes: Throwing rocks at things, tagging, breaking stuff (...and marshmallows, especially in smores)

Dislikes: Dresses, authority, books (except defacing them), and cacti... really dislikes cacti...

Character Summary:

Jezebel's life is what one might call a typical one for a foal in a big city with working parents. She gets left alone a lot, shoved off on relatives or friends, and in genneral is rarely shown any attention from her parents, who are busy working during the day and socializing at night. Because of this, she inadvertantly developed some... problems... her grades were bad in school, and she was always in trouble, and if she wasnt in trouble, that meant she'd done something that nobody had found yet... She's been seen throwing rocks at windows, tagging buildings and alleys, taking screws out of verious machines or wagons, and slipping lemons into people's coffee... in short she was as bad as a foal could get away with being...

...but her parents dont believe a word of it...

...Their little princess could never do such horrible things, she's a good filly who had a strict upbrining and proper family figures her whole life! Of course they're never around to see what she does, so it might be a little hard for them to imagine since when Jez was younger, she was a much better foal, but as her parents spent less time with her, things went downhill...

Though she hates to admit it, everyone has a vulnerable side... she doesn't want to hurt anyone or anything, she doesn't throw rocks at birds or squirrels and if anyone gets hurt from one of her actions she panics and later feels guilty about it (ironically she could burn down an orphanage with no regrets --- as long as no orphans were hurt, but if one of them got so much as a splinter from it, she'd feel guilty) she wants attention, she wants love. She needs someone she can open up to (though that will take a long time) she misses her parents spending time with her, she's terrably insecure and compensating by trying to be somone so feared that everyone respects her (though it's only helping so much)

Image from Pony Creator:

Jez.png

1T4O000200CC000000000004A01B50000UN183700H000000U1000000B700FE1D107F3FCC004CB2

Well with 35 views and no feedback, despite the [feedback requested] tag, I assume this is so good nobody had any suggestions... (yeah right...)

Maybe next time I'll tag it as [NO FEEDBACK! DONT YOU DARE LEAVE ANY!] maybe reverse psychology will get me feedback...

Anyway... updated to [Final] for the first time! (though given my track record, not the last :P)

Reading this my first question to you is why would ponies name their foal "Jezebel" of all things? I could see this being her "nickname" that is either gave herself or others have labeled her with and it stuck as a matter of pride or defiance. I could see it also if she was part of a gang. Although in the FIM universe I see a gang of juvenile ponies doing stuff like. 'Hey. You fellas wanna go distract a fruit salepony and steal some apples?' or 'Hey, wanna sit at the top of a building and shout vaguely insulting things at everypony?' Which, I will say, is what you have here with her.

Does she have any hopes or dreams or desires beyond being what she is now? Anything she has an interest in beyond simply lashing out in response to her need for attention? Something that may give more insight into her character? There is nothing wrong with having a little troublemaker but in stories with such characters, but there is usually so much more to them, a vulnerable side and a desire for something else, otherwise you end up with a one dimensional character that wouldn't be very much fun to play or interact with.

Thank you for the feedback, Brian :D

Why would you name your foal 'diamond tiarra' or 'silver spoon' or worse yet 'granny smith' (I bet poor GS got teased a LOT most of her life...) if I'm not allowed to use the name because of the connotations/implications, I'll change it.

Oh I completely forgot about apple-stealing ala Gilda lol I'll have to do that with her in-game sometime ;)

It's very tricky to explain her character because the way I've designed her... well she was the 'bad friend' Pip had before he moved to ponyville and she's in line to become the 'bad friend' again (or 'bad special-somepony' depending on the need) Right now, no, sadly, she's just in the "Look at me world! Up yours!" mentality without any thought for her future (otehrwise she wouldnt be such a delinquint) though if she goes down a redemption path, which I'm rather hoping on, this may change (Ironically I have this strange image in my head of her doing xtreme-roller-blading, but I hope to soften the 'badflank' part down too...)

Now as to her vulnerable side... she doesn't want to hurt anyone or anything, she doesn't throw rocks at birds or squirrels and if anyone gets hurt from one of her actions she panics and later feels guilty about it (ironically she could burn down an orphanage with no regrets --- as long as no orphans were hurt, but if one of them got so much as a splinter from it, she'd feel guilty) she wants attention, she wants love. She needs someone she can open up to (though that will take a long time) she misses her parents spending time with her, she's terrably insecure and compensating by trying to be somone so feared that everyone respects her (though it's only helping so much)

Well that last paragraph alone makes her significantly deeper than she was before. I would add that to her profile personally. As for her purpose and any road to redemption. Well, that should be played out in the RP and not covered here.

As for the name, I am not saying you can't; it is just unusual. Granny Smith is a name of an apple, although it is also very convenient name for the grandmother character. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon although odd are not viewed as insults. Jezebel has two traditional definitions:

1. A Phoenician princess, traditionally the great-aunt of Dido and in the Bible the wife of Ahab, king of Israel.
  2. A shameless or immoral woman

You may want to consider this in her naming. Unlike Silver Spoon, which means either "born rich" or literally a spoon of silver (which was used by her player to make her into someone interested in silversmithing), it is hard to take Jezebel and turn it into some positive and pony like, but if you can, please be my guest. I am not saying you cannot have the name, I am saying that its only connotation is obvious.

Last paragraph added to app :)

It should also be noted that Jezebel is the consort of Satan in more than a few well-read books (there is another definition as well, but I cant post it on this site...), though again, you are quite right, it is a dark name for an immoral person, and taking this pony as-is, it fits quite well. However you may be right, even though she could always be called "Jez" her name does make redemption a hair more unlikely (or at least *seem* unlikely) the problem is I want a name that people immeidatly can say "this is a bad pony" and really any 'normal' name kills that, though likewise any 'dark' name brings up issues with redemption... I could go the 'nickname' rout, though nicknames seem rather uncommon in the MLP universe (discounting shortening of name, i.e. "Rainbow Dash" - Dashie or "pinkamina" - Pinkie) really the only true nickname I can think of is Dash calling Scootaloo "Squirt"

Just pulling names out of my plot here... thinking about "crimson starlight" or just "crimson star" or even "red star" (since her coat's red) I would actually like there to be an implication that she has potential... though right now I have no idea what that is... >.<

Those gave me some fun inspiration, 'Scarlet' is a good substitute for crimson and sounds more feminine (and bring forward reminders of Scarlet O'Hara) and Rose has some nice implications (including that she has thorns) while also being a lovely name itself.

Any other suggestions on things I need to change?