Plant & Animal Team

Manestream

Lampwick was caught a bit by surprise as the beet in front of her split into two- words flowing from the white Mare's mouth, picking up in speed and intensity as her idea unfolded onto the table in front of her. Lampwick heard the words, but she was more interested in the growing passion in which they were spoken- Lampwick knew that feeling; kinda like when needing to just...go, one hoof found its way in front of another, until pretty soon she was miles away. She figured that must be what this idea was like- once the mare had pushed it forward a little, it was picking up speed.

"Sure." Was all she said at first. She looked at Ginger Mint's reddened hoof, then to all the tables around her, and then back to Ginger Mint again; letting a soft smile break over her. "I honestly dont know much about ponyville animals- but in my travels salads are always quite popular with herbivores; I bet they might appreciate it." Lampwick turned and nodded to Greenshot with a big smile, asking him to unload the cart- and discovered Shanna hovering nearby as well. "Yes, actually lets go ahead and unload the veggies and Gingermint can show us what to do-" Lampwick turned back and tipped her head inquiringly at the mare "If, thats alright with you? As you three finish baskets- I'll load them up onto the cart again and take them off to be delivered! Oh- and I'm Lampwick, but my friends call me-" For an awkward moment Lampwick's mouth hung open as she realized she hadn't any real 'friends' since her days at school. She'd met a lot of interesting ponies over the years- friends for sure- but she hadnt thought about her school friends from fillyhood in what seemed like... before Celestia first raised the sun! She couldn't even remember! "Ah..er, well. Ponies usually call me Flicker."

She looked around at the other tables to hide the moment of embarassment. Nearly all had been stocked in the time it had taken for the four of them to have their discussion- she thought that other tables might be listening in, and she heard a few approving murmers from some nearby ponies who thought salads sounded awfully delicious. Lampwicks' stomach rolled with a small complaint. She'd forgotten to eat today- when this was all over, she thought she might have a salad too...

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith, slow to respond as usual, looked up at the hovering Rainbow Dash.

"You tell'm, General Hurricane!" the elderly mare shouted up as the green Army helmeted Earth Pony gave the rainbow maned Pegasus a salute. "Way ta rally the troops! We'll git this here mission done and I'll COURTMARTIAL any slackers!"

Granny Smith then turned to see the flurry of activity going on in the yard in front of the house.

"Good work, everypony! Keep it up and I'm sure General Hurricane here will give ya all medals fer yur bravery!"

Shanna flittered around dropping off bundles of the food to the waiting ponies at the tables and grabbing filled baskets to drop off in the yellow cart nearby, then looping over to grab more foodstuffs from Greenshot's cart.

The cart she had borrowed from Fluttershy was filling quickly.

The bay pegasus smiled at Greenshot, speaking when she stopped at his cart to grab foodstuffs "I am Shanna Skybright and this is my first Winter Wrap-up. I'm from Cloudsdale. I'm sooo excited to work with Rainbow Dash! -Well, when I can keep up with her..." She admitted sheepishly at the end.

Shanna then waved a wing at Lampwick "And thank you for the guiding hoof here, um, Flicker. You and Granny Smith are doing a great job keeping things going!"

-----------

Meanwhile,

Granny Smith broke out in a rallying speech, calling Rainbow Dash General Hurricane in the process. Snails was busy loading baskets and raised his hooves in a cheer, remembering as well how great Rainbow Dash was in the festival play. "Woo Hoo! You tell em Granny Smih, Ma'am."

Greenshot smiled at Lampwick as she introduced herself then at Shanna as he introduced himself to her in return. "I'm Greenshot and this is my first Wrap-Up in Ponyville as well, but I'm from Canterlot. Great to meet you as well leader Flicker. Rainbow Dash is that rainbow maned pony over there right Shanna?" He pointed his hoof towards the rainbow maned pony as he heard Granny mention about medals. Greenshot liked having medals and wanted to get one of those for sure as he continued to sort out the veggies onto the table until his cart became empty. Looking at the table as he finished emptying the cart with Shanna's help. Beginning to help sort veggies into the basket. Making sure to have what each basket was suppose to have and put the finished ones to the sides. His hoofs moved fast with placing the veggies into the baskets then bopping them to the side for Flicker or Shanna to put into the carts to be brought to the animals. "Phew I can get used to working like this. Better then plowing the snow that's for sure!" Greenshot said as he shook his head and waved his mane while placing a carrot into his mouth wanting to have a nibble on the tasty looking vegetable.

Rainbow Dash watched around to make sure everything seemed to be going smoothly. She nodded in satisfaction - it all seemed to be working as planned! She blinked a bit at Granny Smith's seemingly crazy cries, but who could tell why the old mare did what she did? Always made some sort of sense. She just touched her hoof to her forehead in a quick salute, then zipped off to help ferry finished baskets alongside Shanna, grinning to her as they worked to swiftly fill the two carts with the filled baskets.

Dash felt relieved. Everything was running much smoother, now. She felt like everyone was making real progress! She felt, for the first time today, that they might manage to pull this off on time, two years in a row!

She grinned over to Shanna. "So, you think if I head off to make sure everything else is running smoothly, you can handle delivering these baskets yourself? Or do you need me still for this first load?"

hi hi

gallery_82_11_16960.png

Lampwick's first, hesitant response was a gust of wind to the little flicker of hope that was burning in Ginger Mint's heart. She could tell that the mare was uncertain about something, and braced herself for some kind of catch, some reason why it wouldn't work out. She was so ready for the bad news that didn't relax when Lampwick mentioned that the animals might appreciate the extra effort.

"Gingermint can show us what to do- If, thats alright with you?"

Realization dawned slowly on Ginger Mint. She realized that she'd been holding her breath waiting for a refusal that wasn't coming. As she carefully let that little gust of air escape, her spark of hope roared to life. The task ahead of her was simple really, something she did almost every day. What could possibly go wrong?

She called herself Flicker, but there was more to the statement than just a name. It didn't take much of Ginger Mint's perception to pick up on it, but she didn't know enough about the mare to understand what had been left unsaid. Is there something wrong with her friends? Maybe she just isn't interested in making new friends, or maybe she isn't very fond of the name, but then why would she say it? Maybe her friends call her something else? Whatever it was, Flicker didn't seem too happy about it, and Ginger Mint didn't want to risk intruding on something private by asking. She just made a mental note to remember it for later, should the opportunity ever arise.

"Thank you Flicker," she watched Flicker's expression carefully, trying to make sure that she liked the name at least, "I won't let you down!"

Ginger Mint had spent the last minute or two carefully taking stock of the piles of vegetables and she didn't need to waste any more time on that. She just closed her eyes for a moment to visualize what she wanted to happen and let her worries fall away. Even the cranky sounding pony threatening court marshals faded into the background.

She turned to the green colored stallion standing next to her and spoke in the same kind of tone she might have used if she were introducing somepony new to an old friend, "Hello there, Greenshot was it? Do you mind if I show you a few tricks? This would go easier with some proper utensils, but believe it or not, most basic cooking can be done with just your hooves. The trick is to hold your hoof at the right angle, like so... not too steep, not too flat, cutting in with one side and pushing away with the other. With the proper application of force, I bet you could cut the spines off a dragon"

With a little bit of reaching, she brushed a few of the ingredients across the table and began going over them one at a time. "Carrots are simple, just chop, chop, chop right down the line. Lettuce is a snap too, you just pile a few leaves up on top of each other, then slide your hoof down the middle like so... and there you've got a bunch of halves. Do that a few more times until you've got a pile of pieces, you just give the whole mess a few random chops and you're ready to move on to the next one." She barely lifted her hoof off the table between each chop, making the whole process look more like giving a massage or perhaps playing a musical instrument than striking something. "Beets are a little trickier. You cut them into quarters and then, with the inside edge pointing up, you cut them down the line just like carrots. Tomatoes... well, I don't think we can chop up the tomatoes without a proper cutter, but with everything else mixed up, we wont have to worry about any critter missing out on flower petals or anything like that.

She craned her neck up to try talking to the bay colored pegasus that was wearing an animal team vest. I, uh... I couldn't help but overhear you talking and I was wondering. Once we get all these vegetables mixed up, do you think you could. Um, that is, might you be good at measuring how heavy each basket is? I mean, its just that I know some pegasi are sensitive about weight, since its so important for flying and all." In spite of her own confidence, she had no idea what the ponies around her might be good at, and she didn't want to make anypony mad by guessing. But maybe you could just help us give each one a quick looking over to make sure they're all filled evenly? Anypony with a good pair of eyes would help."

Ginger Mint didn't know if the plant team's leader had any say when it came to the animal or weather team. She didn't really know that much about wrapping up winter in Ponyville yet, and she could help but feel that her morning experiences were just the tip of the iceberg. She just hoped that by working hard, she could inspire others to do the same.

Propping herself up against the table did put a bit of a strain on her already tired hind legs, but it made using her forelegs that much easier. With both hooves going at the same time, she started making some decent progress and the salad pile was growing slowly but surely. As the minutes started going by though, she found herself wishing she had some more help, or at least some real utensils.

Greenshot turned to look at the pony speaking at him about teaching him tricks. "Yes, I am Greenshot" Usually Greenshot would use his magic to do the cutting and preping of things, but his hoofs were indeed having trouble doing it right and totally accepted Ginger Mint's offers. Watching at what the Mare was doing and followed along with what she was doing. Looking back at her hoofs then at his as he pretended to cut ntil he pulled over the same vegetables she would pull towards herself and followed along. "Alright, so far so good then and appreciate the help, I usually use magic to cut veggies so my hooves are indeed rusty on this though you sure are good at chopping. What's your name by the way?" Greenshot smiled and took the beets towards him and began to cut the beets in quarters then down the middle. Slowly, but surely he did what she was telling him as they both began to get a good looking pile going. She was doing more then he was, but he was still helping out while usually looking around at the other ponies and at Shanna. "How you doing up there Shanna and hello Rainbow Dash is it?"

While trying to find a way to further assist the plant team, Muffin Top overheard Rainbow Dash talking to Shanna about hauling away the baskets of fruits and vegetables for the animal team. "I could help ya out with that if you'd like, m'am." Muffin said, trotting up to the rainbow pegasus. "Just got finished plowin' some snow, and I'm ready fer more!" he said as he noticed Greenshot standing near him. "Hey Greenshot, wanna help pull some carts too? I'm bettin' all them critters'll be mighty happy to see all this food bein' brought to 'em." Muffin said, smiling at the thought of seeing those animals' happy faces.

Shanna smiled at the green unicorn as he greeted her and Flicker and asked if that was Rainbow Dash nearby. "Yes, that's Rainbow Dash over there. I'm so excited to be here!"

Just then, RD asked her if she could handle this round of hauling by herself.

She stood up straight in midair with a salute "Oh! Yes Rainbow Dash, Ma'am! I have this covered! I and my brother fly long distance with heavy carts all the time. You can count on me!"

After a moment, Ginger Mint got her attention, and she came down closer to listen to the mare. She remembered her from the Running of the Leaves afterparty all right.

Shanna smiled "No problem! Thanks for thinking of that for me.. Umm Ginger Mint, is it? I should not have a problem but I'll be happy to double check the weights."

Greenshot called to her again, so she waved a wingtip "Oh I'm doing great! Oooh! Theres a full basket over there, just a moment..."

She flew over and gathered up the basket from a random pony and deposited it in the cart, then came back "All right, re there any baskets over here for me to check?"

hi hi

gallery_82_11_16960.png

Leaning up against the roughly cut wooden table wasn't doing Ginger Mint's barrel any favors, and she found herself periodically fidgeting around on her elbows to keep the corners from biting into her side too much. Thankfully, her fancy new plant team vest did offer some protection from bumps and bruises.

As she listened to the green colored Stallion, she held off on working the more difficult vegetables and to the lettuce. She didn't want her attention to be too divided after all. "Its a pleasure to meet you Greenshot."

Ginger Mint's previous stay in Canterlot had given her a bit of an ear for the accent, and while she thought she heard a bit of it peaking through in his voice, she couldn't be sure. When he mentioned cutting veggies with his magic, she tried to picture him working the kitchen in a Canterlot restaurant, but the picture didn't seem to fit.

His thanks left her feeling a little bit embarrassed, and when he asked for her name, she couldn't help but make a sheepish grin. "My name? Oh, sorry! its Ginger Mint. And as for the help, think nothing of it, really. Its just a little trick, nothing special. I bet magic would make this all a whole lot easier, wouldn't it? I only ever use my hooves like this when I'm making breakfast or sometimes dinner. No point in getting the silverware messy when you're about to wash up." Ginger Mint felt her face turn a little bit more red when she realized what she'd just said, so rather than give Greenshot any time to ponder just how uncouth she was in her personal life, she quickly tried to change subjects. "So, Greenshot. You said you use your magic to cut veggies? Do you work at a restaurant by any chance? Or maybe you do something else entirely."

When Muffin Top asked for Greenshot's help, Ginger Mint tried to put on her most disarming smile possible. "If you have other work to do, don't worry about me. Every little bit helps."

Ginger Mint wasn't paying too much attention to the pegasi flying about overhead. After all, her attention could only be in so many places at once, but somewhere in the back of her mind, the name Rainbow Dash was striking her as familiar for some reason. The bay colored pegasus sure seemed to be making a big deal, and Ginger Mint tried not to wonder if she was standing in the presence of a celebrity. In a way, she was glad that when Shanna dropped in closer, the other pegasi didn't follow suite.

"Yeah, you can call me Ginger Mint, and there's no need to thank me really." Ginger Mint couldn't help but feel like she'd unfairly criticized the pegasi's work, and while Shanna's smile seemed genuine, she tried her best not to sound too bossy. "I should be thanking you, I know you're probably really busy, so I don't want to take up too much of your time. I think we have a few baskets that are ready to go, but it'll be a little bit longer before we have the rest of them finished I think. If you don't mind coming back after you drop off the first bunch, that'd be a real big help."

As tedious as the work quickly became, there was something about the whole mess that felt good. It felt a bit like playing in a sandbox, back from when she was a filly. I wonder if it still would have been fun if my folks told me I had to...

Thinking of her younger years reminded her once more of Flicker's ponderous pause from a little while back. She couldn't quite put her hoof on a reason why, but she was glad that her team leader hadn't wandered too far off yet. The nickname seemed like such a curious thing.

"Hey Flicker, um... if you don't mind me asking, but how did you get your nickname? Most ponies I know have nicknames that are just their full name shortened down a lot." Ginger Mint's lips pursed together the moment the words came out of her mouth. ohmygosh, did I just imply that she's weird!? What were you thinking?

She couldn't help but chuckle nervously as she tried to backtrack."N-not that there's anything wrong with having an odd nickname... I mean a different, that is a nickname that's not related to your full name. Um.. Its just that so often everypony seems to have a name that fits them well enough and really that is kind of odd in itself wouldn't you think?"

Greenshot smiled in return to Ginger Mint "Oh, Ginger Mint is a lovely name and oh yes magic surely would. My horn has been itching to use magic to help go more quicker, but I've learned that when doing things quick usually reults with issues and leads to problems. So, I don't mind this pace and so far I'm learning new things so in case my magic does ever fail on me I got everything I learned from you and the other green stallion I've met here working with plowing the snow" Noticing Ginger's expression change a bit then asking him the question quickly got him confused a bit. Greenshot shook his head then replied back. "Well, technically I didn't work at a restaurant. Back in Canterlot, I did several jobs with my mom in her pastry shop and worked with my Dad at finding Gemstones. So I was usually always used my magic to do them. I've got loads of bits from all the work I've done so all this no magic is new to me, but think I'll stick to magic." Turning his head to look back and noticed Muffin Top "Howdy Muffin Top" Looking at Ginger then back to Muffin "I think I'll stick to chopping up veggies with Ginger, Muffin. I think I'm suited hear then moving carts. When the baskets are made then I'll totally join in taking the carts over to the animals." Greenshot gave a small nod then a slight frown at Muffin having to tell his new friend that.

Rainbow Dash took one last look over all the tables - everything seemed to be going really smoothly, even if the salad wasn't part of the plan. It didn't seem like it'd hurt - in fact, it was probably one of those good ideas Twilight would get all eager about for being an efficient and fair use of time, or something. And the plant team leader had OK'd it, so that was the end of Rainbow Dash's worry about it. She gave an encouraging nod and a smile to Ginger Mint, then turned back to Shanna.

"Awesome, Shanna! I knew I could count on you!" Rainbow gave her an even bigger encouraging grin, and patted her on the shoulder. "I'll go make sure the other teams all have their messages, then!"

She hauled back, and started to zip off, then paused in mid-dash... she fluttered her wings slowly to float over to Lampwick. "Are there any messages you need me to carry?" She waited *just* long enough to hear any response from Lampwick before streaking off into the sky.

Shanna Grinned hugely as THE Rainbow Dash praised her!

"Yes Ma'am!"

She kept smiling as she zipped around the table, checking the weights of the baskets. and flying the full ones to the cart. Seeing the one she was using was full but the others barely touched, he decided to help ut just a little more so that a stead stream of baskets would be reaching the animal team instead of in drips and drabs of carts coming in at random.

She zipped back and grabbed more full baskets, an raced back to place them in the carts to get them more full before she left.

And orangy unicorn foal, Snips waved a hoof, "Ah'll help!" and started zipping on his long legs, carrying baskets back and forth to the carts.

Seeing the carts were enarly done, Shanna flitted back to the main table "Ginger Mint, Greenshot, I'll be back shortly for more baskets, but the other carts are about ready too. Bye for now!"

With that she flew over and hitched up, then flew off back to the animal team with her first load while Snails kept filling carts.

(OOC: and Shanna is off to "Animal and Weather" thread for the moment...)

Muffin Top nodded to Greenshot, understanding why he would rather stay behind after the hard time he had with plowing earlier. "Well that's okay, good to stick with what your best at I s'pose." he said, smiling warmly. "Guess I'll be seein' ya then, Greenshot." Muffin waved his hoof goodbye to the unicorn as he trotted on over to one of the carts filled with the baskets of fruits and vegetables, attaching the harness to himself with little trouble. "Alrighty then, which way to the Animal Team?" the earth pony asked enthusiastically.

[OOC: Gonna go on over to the Animal Team thread now. I asked Corsair, said they were ready to start feeding the animals now.]

hi hi

gallery_82_11_16960.png

Issues and problems. Greenshot said that using magic resulted in issues and problems, but as far as Ginger Mint could tell, there had been plenty of problems to overcome already. She made a little shudder to think how things might have gone if there had been even more.

"Welcoming spring certainly is a complicated thing, no doubt about that. Honestly, I find the whole process a little bit amazing. Its no easy task to change a season, and yet ponies still make it happen every year without fail. Oh, sure, maybe there are a few hiccups now and again, but I don't think I've ever heard of a year where anypony skipped a season entirely." She looked uncertainly at her hooves as she continued to dice a pile of carrots, "I mean, I guess I don't know a whole lot about history, but not recently anyway."

She paused for a moment, looking thoughtfully a nothing in particular before continuing. "Now you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong about this... Magic is pretty good at getting things done quickly, but when you have a complicated task to complete, or one that you're not very familiar with, I imagine it would be really easy to get ahead of yourself. Going so quickly you might not see the warning signs early enough to react, you know... wrap things up before you realize you made a mistake, that sort of thing. But, um, I'm certainly no expert on magic."

At Greenshot's mention of pastries, Ginger Mint perked up noticeably. Even though it seemed like she'd eaten lunch just a little while ago, the carrots in front of her were making spiced carrot tarts dance in her head. When Greenshot said he'd just stick to magic, Ginger Mint encouragingly nodded her head. "Oh, absolutely. There's nothing wrong with trying new things every now and again, but I don't think anypony should keep you from doing what you're good at. I mean, not without a good reason anyway."

A flurry of commotion around the finished baskets caught Ginger Mint's attention just in time to catch Rainbow Dash giving an encouraging smile. The rainbow mare was so full of energy, Ginger Mint couldn't help but feel like it was a little bit contagious, though she didn't know how else to respond but to try to smile encouragingly in return. It probably ended up looking rather lame, but she just couldn't help it. It felt like everything was moving forward, even though she was technically standing still.

With Shanna and Muffin Top hitching up some carts, getting ready to make the first delivery, she also couldn't help but wave enthusatically. "Good luck! Come back soon, we'll have the rest of these baskets finished before you know it!"

Greenshot had been listening to what Ginger had been saying with open ears and replied to her. "Well, I'm sure it has to have happened at least once. I mean, anything is possible, but I know that I will always try my best to not be one of the ponies that is the reason spring comes late or not at all. Either way, I'm sure if it has happened some time or another, it would be in a book." He replied to her as he was slowly dicing his own carrots still not being able to get to the speed Ginger seemed to be. "That's true, magic helps get things done quicker then using your hoofs and if you know what to do already. Though, if it's something new, as far as what I do, I take time doing it so that It doesn't getting ruined or cause problems. I don't like causing problems, it's just not in me to do that." Greenshot then noticed her expression at his mention of working with his mom in her pastry shop and smiled knowingly what would made the pony giddy."Indeed, trying new things is more a excitement to see how far your limits can reach. I bet if you wanted to, you could probably cut even faster then you do now or try something more challenging like tossing up a carrot them cutting it all up before it can hit the table. My mom was able to do similiar things like that but with dough, making cinnamon buns and tarts taste so good. Umm good times I had back in Canterlot." Greenshot began to fantasize about being a food tester for his mom's variety of pastries, a hoof under his chin and his tongue slightly extended out his mouth. Shaking his head a bit as he put a half cut carrot into his mouth and looked down to cut a new carrot. Hoping Ginger didn't notice his expression before the carrot. He turned and smiled warmly at Muffin for the fact that he understood that he didn't want to plow or pull anything anymore that day. Waving a hoof back at Muffin and Shanna along with Ginger as the two left with full carts to give the animal team the food for the animals. Greenshot then went back to get baskets ready for more carts to be delivered with Ginger.

oL9Za.png

The Mayor could not believe how she got into this predicament herself. When Granny Smith had asked if The Mayor wanted to continue to be her assistant, she had thought that maybe more sandwiches were in order. But instead, she found herself wearing a green helmet walking beside Granny Smith like a military aide. The elderly mare had put it on her the moment she said yes. At first she was hesitant but Granny Smith seemed adamant. The Mayor respected her too much to deny this request. She was embarrassed and blushed a little, but she reminded herself that every once in a while, a good leader should once in a while follow those under them. In this case, the Mayor was not acting as "The Mayor" but just another Pony who was glad to help in the Winter Wrap Up efforts.

She stood there silently like a bodyguard and waited for any orders that Granny Smith would give. The other ponies around her found it odd seeing her in such a situation and could not help but giggle. The Mayor blushed more and pretended not to see them.

It'd seemed Cutlass had spent too much time on break before she decided to head over to the kitchens. A gaggle of ponies crowded the room, already engaged in cooking and such. She figured it best not to interrupt them, and she backed out the doorway before anypony had a chance to see her.

She had put in a hard day's work, her hooves were killing her because of the length of time that she had been wearing Steelwalt's boots, and her muscles cramped and ached all over from rolling the plow solo. The hood of her cloak was over her head once more, just as it were on arrival this morning, as Cutlass began the long trot back to Canterlot. The mare had did what she had came to do, and maybe it was for the best that she hadn't spoken to anypony else anyway. Being an ex-con and all wasn't very...erm....good company to anypony, really....

"Bless his heart." she said out of nowhere, disappearing to the horizon as she left Ponyville.

hi hi

gallery_82_11_16960.png

Ginger Mint nodded tentatively as Greenshot spoke about the excitement of pushing your limits. She had to agree that it was exciting to try new things, but she wondered if perhaps going to such extremes counted as too much excitement for her.

"Well, today has been nothing if not a new experience for e, and I'm not sure how much more excitement I can take in one day." She chuckled gentle as her mind wandered to all sorts of strange and outlandish possibilities. A surprise visit from royalty, falling stars, a surprise snow storm, or the tiny seeds suddenly growing into towering vines all the way up to the clouds and beyond. She was sure at least one of those would make a good story for foals. "I've never done this before, at least, not the Ponyville way... I'm surprised things have gone as smoothly as they have. I mean, with so many ponies from out of town it would have been really easy to make a mess of things but everything seems to be going just peachy. At least... I think they are."

Greenshot's wager that she could probably cut up the vegetables with extra flair made her blush a little, adding to the beet red smudge on her cheek. "I, um... I guess I might be able to do something like that, but maybe I should wait until after we're done with the baskets. I wouldn't want to mess anything up." She made a sheepish little laugh at the thought and resisted the urge to scratch her mane.

"Your mother sounds like a pretty amazing baker. A tart or a cinnamon bun... wow, that would be just about the best thing ever right about now." She tried to keep herself focused on the task at hoof, but the smell of the freshly chopped vegetables and all the talk of food were making it challenging in its own way. "The biggest thing I have to worry about back home is trying to keep all the trays balanced while dodging in and out between rambunctious customers and getting things served lickety-split."

Ginger Mint wasn't quite sure how to gauge Greenshot's mention of good times back in Canterlot, so she decided to prod him a little bit more about it. "I lived in Canterlot for a little while myself, and I have to say that town definitely has its own unique challenges to worry about. I never got used to being so far up above the ground for one thing... er, I mean, not up in the clouds or anything but... you know. I kind of wonder what it must have been like to grow up there. Would being down here on the flat ground seem strange?"

Peachy. Yes, everything was going peachy as far as Ginger Mint could tell, and she smiled happily as she worked. Her aching legs didn't complain too much, and the little worrying doubts about the rest of the teams seemed far away. "I wonder how the other teams are faring. I haven't really been looking mind you, but I've only seen one or two ponies wearing a weather team vest so far today. If we get the seeds planted, that should just about finish things up for us... I hope they didn't need any more help." She wasn't too concerned about it though, it was just a passing thought. For some reason she couldn't quite put her hoof on, she was sure the rest of the winter wrap up was going just fine.

"I've never done this before, at least, not the Ponyville way... I'm surprised things have gone as smoothly as they have. I mean, with so many ponies from out of town it would have been really easy to make a mess of things but everything seems to be going just peachy. At least... I think they are."

Greenshot nodded in agreement as he spoke in response to it real quick. "I'm sure everypony wants Ponyville to have a successful winter wrap-up. so we are all working hard to make it happen whether we live here or not. Your right though that can wait, then you can show off that chopping of yours. After I visit the spa of course" Greenshot gave a sly grin as he wanted to visit the spa there in Ponyville then swooshed his tail hearing Ginger speak about his mother and nodded eagerly. "She was awesome and that does sound like the best thing to have now." Agreeing with what she was saying about customers and serving them fast, but his horn solved that problem. Ears pointed up when she said she had lived in Canterlot and about the ground level Canterlot was compared to down here in Ponyville. "Well, maybe if you've always been in Canterlot then it could feel strange at first. I had been to other town's before so i have no problem now being down here and seeing Canterlot just over yonder."

Greenshot shook his two hooves cutting as they were arching from not being used to doing so without magic. Bringing a hoof behind his head the scratch his mane while giving a short snort from his nostrils. "Phew, getting closer and closer to being finished. I'm sure the seeds are being planted right as we speak. Yup. I believe the ponies in Apple Acres are working those seeds into the ground. I'm sure they could use more help, but if we joined now with helping that we'd be holding them back to show us what needs to planted where and how." Greenshot stepped away from the table a bit and began to trot around in circles to get himself more comfortable as he shook his head and mane to crack his neck.