Animal & Weather Team

RarityDash

"Well, Miss Rarity, that's a great warm-up kick."

These words suddenly made Rarity go flush with embarrassment. What a pathetic kick, especially for Valen to see. She knew it wasn't her best either. She had bucked apples fine with her friends with Applejack needed them all. For Celestia's sake, she had even once bucked a rampaging manticore at full force in an effort to protect her friends. It was just when she felt the slightest bit of pressure like this, it made all her strength leave her.

She watched Valen, prepared to be further embarassed by the colt's no doubt superior show of bucking skills. That's when the colt over extended himself and fell face first, foward into the snow.

"Well! That was a very successful first strike for both of us, Miss Rarity!"

That certainly said it. They had both totally embarassed themselves. Ah well, they'd recover, Rarity was sure. At least no pony had been around to see all of that.

“Heya Rarity! My sweet little Valen!”

The familiar voice got Rarity to turn her head. She noticed Cheerilee approaching them. Great. Maybe she hadn't seen...

“Maybe I can help you two! I was a halfway decent athlete back in school, even if I did a lot more cheerleading than sports, but I still had a mean kick, as a few hoofballs discovered! Now watch this!

No luck. Rarity felt embarrassed all over again. She prepared once again to witness a truly superior tree bucking maneuver. However... that didn't happen. The schoolteacher somehow managed to miss the tree entirely. Rarity almost had to laugh. Was every pony she knew just pathetic at this today?

“Oh, wow, its ... its further back then I though! Don’t worry, I’ll get it this time!”

Cheerilee readjusted herself and gave another kick. This time, it was a success! The kick had power and the now came pouring down... onto all of them. The force was there, but the kick hadn't been particularly well aimed. The snow wasn't directed in anyway and just sort of plummeted. Rarity shivered terribly as she adjusted to her new snowy covering.

Rarity sighed loudly. It truly was a show of fools there at the moment. At least it couldn't get any worse.

"Hold on, I'll dig you out! Don't worry!"

A unicorn mare Rarity had never seen before suddenly began digging in the mound of snow, but not near where any of the three of them were standing. Rarity had to giggle a little at this one. Every pony who approached this tree was doing something quite silly, it seemed.

"Oh, well, I'm sorry for distracting you I guess I'll just..."

The mare seemed to realize her mistake and apologized. She trailed off for some reason, and stared in Rarity's direction. Rarity's wasn't sure why, but she smiled a friendly smile.

"I hope you are all ok? No one is injured? Please say no. I mean I could always give you an exam quickly to make sure that you are ok but that wouldn't work if you were ok since nothing would be wrong if you were ok but then again I wouldn't give you an exam if you were fine but I also would if you didn't feel that you were ok but if you told me you were ok then I wouldn't need to give you the exam in the first place which would save time unless you really didn't feel ok and were just saying that..."

The mare apparently got nervous for some reason, and went a little frantic, rambling about exams and such.

"It's quite alright, darling. I don't believe any of us were in any way injured. I do thank you for the offer though. It's very kind of you," Rarity said, continuing to smile at the stranger.

Turning to the others she gave a self-pitying laugh. "Evidently, all three of us are in need of a little practice when it comes to this," she said, shaking her head.

"Um, Sketch? I have someone who can help out with the snow in the trees, uh, if that's ok..."

Sketch shook off his panic as soon as it arrived when Fluttershy approached with the bear. The big fuzzy woodland juggernaut did seem a bit more peaceful, and he couldn't deny he felt safer with Fluttershy nearby, after seeing her gift with animals in action. Using the bear to shake the snow out of the trees? Well, if the bear was truly willing to help, it could prove to be a very valuable asset! "Well... I certainly don't see why not, so long as you stay with it, Fluttershy. I think that would be a great help!" Not much could match up to the strength of a bear afterall! The snow on those trees didn't stand a chance!

Taking another look around, it seemed most of the ponies were going to stay and help with the snow, which was fine, but he worried about the possibility of there not being enough ponies on the retrieval team to guide all the birds back.

Edited by Imagination

Mojo had been back to piling up the completed nests on the table, getting them ready for more Pegasi to place high up in the trees when in the distance, he saw the accidental 'avalanche' of snow Cheerilee had triggered.

"Better see what I can do to help'm outta that sticky wicket," the hippie brony said as he galloped off towards the scene. He couldn't help but chuckle at Valen, who once more seemed to 'find' trouble. The Paint stallion also saw Heartbeat's determined effort to 'dig out' the others from the snowplie she thought they were in.

"Good effort, love. The important thing is everypony's safe and sound. Rarity, look on the bright side! All of this winter exposure could give ya inspiration to design new year's winter fashions. And Valen, try to stay outta trouble pal."

Timid Star had hung back after Fluttershy had bandaged Boney's bruised ribs. Even though Fluttershy had told him he had made an honest mistake in trying to help those he thought were in danger and that it was brave of him to have tried, he still felt like a burden to the team. He spotted Valen and Cheerilee and the white unicorn that had spoken to Valen during the bear incident and asked, "What can a weakling like me do now?".

Even though he was injured, Boney refused to leave Timid's side, his duty to protect and provide companionship to his master ingrained in his personality. He managed a playful yip as he looked up at the troubled colt as if to say, all is forgiven.

Cheerilee stuck her head out of the snow that piled on top of her and looked up at the tree. It might have been a little larger than she’d first thought, which explained why there was so much snow on the ground, now. She grinned a goofy grin, “Welp, we certainly managed to get all the snow out, then! I told you all it needed was the right kind of kick!” Despite the setback, she still had a warm feeling of euphoria that not even the pile of snow could chill out of her. She looked over to Rarity with a sheepish grin. “Well, at least half fell into the cart, I think.”

There were an awful lot of ponies crowded around them for such a simple little snowfall. Weren’t there a lot of other trees to work on? She reached down and grabbed Valen, the light orange colt, by the scruff of his neck, and pulled him up out of the snow. She grinned to him, then looked around at all the ponies watching them again – wait, was that … The bear! She watched in amazement as the bear went around helping in such a friendly manner.

This wasn’t right. She steeled herself firmly, and walked up to the bear with a stiff-legged gait. “Bear!” she called, her voice only squeaking a *little*. She swallowed nervously, and then more quietly said, “I’m sorry for waking you so badly!”

ValenOrange1withtext.png

Valen had smiled ear to ear when the mare known as Cheerilee approached, having quite assuredly found her attitude charming. It was rare to see one mare who worked so well with Valen, and with Rarity here as well, the answer was now two. It came to pass that she was better than either of them in the art of Applebucking- knowing she had been a wonderful athlete in he earlier years was a delicious morsel to add to her character- by a large degree, too large a degree, and the end result of her efforts was the avalanche of snow from the tree. Perhaps it was a exaggeration, but it may as well have been.

He wasn't minding the snow, all things told. It acted as a sort of insulator that through its intense chill dulled his senses, allowing him a reprieve from the pain. In fact, in his fractured, fevered mind, he was willing to lay there for a few minutes. It was a stupid idea swiftly rejected by fate as a unicorn mare dug Valen out. It was cruel, to his mind at least, that a mare apparently so frantically devoted to the well being of others couldn't have been with him earlier when a slight reassurance from a professional or help with the Cheerilee at the bush could have done him a world of good. Cheerilee pulled him up by the scruff of his neck and laid him down gently, his body weary and all around beat, tired, exhausted.

Then the hippie showed up; he was kind, but something about him really seemed to get on Valen's nerves. It was probably the misshapen, lingo-driven way he spoke.

Then the bear showed up and was acting friendly under Fluttershy's guidance, and everypony seemingly wanted to apologize to it. Just another day in Ponyville as far as he was concerned.

Valen turned towards the wagon, attempting to maintain an upbeat demeanor with a smile. Still, the arrival of the bear and subsequent forgiveness seeking put him off, if only slightly.

"Okay, well, I say its time we focus on wrapping up winter, Ponyvillians! Yee haw," He said mechanically, the last two words being devoid of emotion and seemingly said as if he were a bad character actor.

Curiosity slowed his gallop as he approached the village before looking around, perplexed. It certainly appeared alright, there were ponies cheerfully making arts and crafts, some looked as if they were out with their pets. (Wait, was that a BEAR?). At least the pegasi looked busy in the skies but what was happening?

He spotted a group that didn't look too busy and trotted up to them before asking awkwardly, 'Is everything okay here? I noticed the snow still and...' He circled his hoof in confusion as he trailed off.

OOC: Not sure if this counts as a double post and apologies if it does. I wasn't sure how to get myself met as an outsider

A huge mass of muscle covered in brown fur padded up to a grove of trees that were still snow-covered. Many ponies steered clear of the massive creature as he approached, unsure of his intentions. The bear ignored the little ponies, intent on his goal. He approached a tree that already had wagons parked below it, the ponies there scattering. The bear heaved himself up onto his hind paws, wrapping his clawed forepaws around the trunk of the tree. "Now, just like we talked about, Bruce," a small voice suddenly said from the bear's shoulder.

Fluttershy rode atop Bruce the bear like a pony driving a bulldozer. Bruce had the strength they needed to get this job done quickly, but Fluttershy needed to guide the big bruin and show him where to go.

Bruce flexed his muscles... and pulled the tree out right by the roots. He then proceeded to shake the snow out of the branches into the wagons. "Oh no! Not like that!" Fluttershy called out. "You put that poor tree back!" Bruce grunted, then stood the tree back up in the hole he had created. The tree tilted off to one side as the bear released it.

“Bear! I’m sorry for waking you so badly!”

Fluttershy looked over Bruce's shoulder and saw Cheerilee on the ground. The teacher looked a little unsteady on her hooves, but otherwise seemed none the worse for being knocked out earlier. Bruce lumbered up to the teacher pony and growled something. "Oh, Bruce says he's sorry too, Cheerilee," Fluttershy translated, "He didn't mean to, um, bonk you on the head earlier."

"Good effort, love. The important thing is everypony's safe and sound. Rarity, look on the bright side! All of this winter exposure could give ya inspiration to design new year's winter fashions. And Valen, try to stay outta trouble pal."

The hippy pony Mojo said as he approached Rarity and the others. Rarity wasn't sure what to think of his comments and pretty much just sighed in reply. She didn't feel particularly inspired and she didn't really need to be comforted in the first place. She was past the point of getting worked up over all this nonsense. She was more just amused by how the situation got increasingly troubling.

"What can a weakling like me do now?"

Another pony spoke, causing Rarity to turn her head. She found a young unicorn colt there. She hadn't spoken with him, but he was there with the bear incident earlier.

"Well, darling," Rarity spoke in a kind voice to the colt. "As Sketch has said, the tasks at hand are clearing the trees of snow and helping guide the birds back home. If you don't feel you are entirely up for either task, just do what you can to assist the team. Nopony will hold it against you if--"

“Bear! I’m sorry for waking you so badly!”

The nervous voice of the school teacher cut Rarity off suddenly.She looked around until she spotted what Cheerilee did. The very same bear from earlier, being guided by Fluttershy to help with the snow.

"Okay, well, I say its time we focus on wrapping up winter, Ponyvillians! Yee haw,"

Valen started in a very uncomfortably forced voice as he saw the same thing. Rarity just had to sigh and hang her head.

"Oh, Bruce says he's sorry too, Cheerilee, he didn't mean to, um, bonk you on the head earlier."

Fluttershy spoke up, having heard Cheerilee's comment. Rarity shook her head and stepped toward her yellow pegasus friend.

"Umm, Fluttershy darling?" Rarity started with an awkward laugh, not really sure how to approach the matter. She hated being forceful or critical with Fluttershy. "I'm sure Bruce here is a wonderful, well-mannered gentleman of a bear who didn't mean a thing by the earlier incident..." Rarity forced a smile and swallowed a breath, before getting a little more direct, "But don't you think it's a teensy bit much to bring him back out here to work alongside these ponies," she pointed to Valen, Cheerilee and the other colt. "You know, considering the trauma that might have stemmed from what earlier transpired?"

(Time for a little more foal drama and chaos!)

Timid listened to Rarity and finally recognized her because of her successes with her clothing lines. He replied, "Okay, I'll do what I-", his voice caught in his throat as he saw the bear again, ripping the tree out of the ground and shake the snow out of it's branches. Timid gave a high pitched squeak of fear and took off , only being stopped in his expeditious retreat by the adult mares/stallions drink stand. He ricocheted off the stand as it tipped over on top of him, soaking him in the berry juices spiked with alcohol. Getting to his hooves only momentarily as his eyes swirled and his fragile body refused to continue this madness as he passed out.

'Oh, I shouldn't bother. I doubt I'd be much help!'

'Well, buddy, we need as much help as we can get!'

'You really think so?'

'I know so!'

The young stallion played the conversation in his head, hoping that this would be the outcome of his situation. He would appear, tall and mighty, ready to help. Why, he'd be so much help, they would ask him to help out next year too! Yeah, right. The most help he would be able to do was put some nests on trees.

Books was a lost cause. The stallion couldn't do much in most situations besides think up some things, though no one needed much mental work done around here. It was all physical, and he couldn't offer so much strength. He was tall and slim, though that didn't mean he was built up really. Books was all bone, no muscle.

As the Pegasus slowly brought himself down to land, a high pitched squeak caught him off guard. Quickly whirling around, he spotted the source of the sound. A young foal, crashing into the side of the older mare and stallion drink stand. The poor thing ricocheted, and the stand had tipped over onto him, pouring it's contents on him. Then, to top it all off, he fainted.

Books wasn't one to be nice, and most certainly not to strangers, though this was a special case. Hooves finally touching the ground, the wary Pegasus slowly trotted over to the foal. "Excuse me? Are you okay, kid?" The stallion asked, though he knew that he wouldn't get a response. Stopping at the side of the foal, he nudged him slightly. "Somepony mind helping me?"

Cheerilee looked up nervously at the large, powerful bear as he lumbered towards her. He didn't look the slightest bit angry, but that didn't help keep the magenta earth mare from visibly shaking in her hooves. Still, she was determine to stand her ground and make sure the innocent creature knew she was sincere. Besides, Fluttershy - the shyest but kindest mare she knew - was hovering next to him. It couldn't possibly be dangerous if Fluttershy was calm. "Oh, that's alright. Mister Bear. We didn't mean for you to get hit by the bell either. We just wanted to make sure you didn't miss a day of spring, thank you for being so understanding." She smiled by the time she was done talking, relieved that it had all worked out.

She turned to reassure Rarity with a soothing voice. "Oh, its alright! It was all an accident, it wasn't his fault for what happened. Please, I'm sure he's feeling very guilty and wants to help!" And every little bit helped to get them closer to finishing on time. She was feeling pretty good by this point, making sure everypony was all right, when she watched the frail little unicorn foal, Timid, sprinting away in blind panic. "Wait, don't run!" Cheerilee lifted her hoof helplessly towards the fleeing form. "It's Oka-" She flinched as he crashed into the tables and juice went flying everywhere. Oh no, another foal had been hurt on her watch!

"Oh, oh no! Oh, hon!" Cheerilee raced forward and cradled him in her forehooves. All this red! How had he hurt himself so badly?! No, wait... she sniffed ... oh, thank goodness, that was juice. She looked up to the young pegasus stallion. "Please, go get me some ice and a towel or rag to wrap them in? And a blanket if you can find it." How could the foals keep getting hurt when she was watching them?! She might be overdoing it, but she was feeling too guilty to risk it.

"Please, go get me some ice and a towel or rag to wrap them in? And a blanket if you can find it."

"Oh, yeah.. Okay. Got it."

Books looked over at the mare who had gone over and helped the poor foal. He watched her for a moment before nodding. "Got it," he repeated, rushing away. Though going and fetching things wasn't a part of his to-do list, he guessed he would have to comply. He wasn't fond of the young ones, though if he had to do something to help them in a situation like this..

The stallion had been to Ponyville quite a few times, though he didn't know the exact place. The locals, stores, houses.. Well, they had never really been much use to him, since he usually flew over the place and not into it. Rounding a corner, Books bumped into a lamppost. "Excuse me," he muttered. He was in much too fast of a rush to care what or who he bumped into.

"Excuse me, may I ask you a question?" Books asked, stopping by a stray pony. She seemed to be going on happily on her way, until he had bothered her. Tipping her head to the side, she gave him a confused look before smiling. "Well, hee, you just did! Though I wouldn't mind you asking another," the mare giggled. Books gave her a strange look, his left eye slightly twitching. After explaining that he needed a few items, the young stallion was on his way, the items on his back.

"Thank you, I'll return these."

"No need! Keep them!"

Walking away from the kind pony who had given him some items, Books hurried off back to the scene where he would find the young colt and mare. He hoped that he would arrive on time, before a large bruise welled up on the poor thing's head. Books knew how much crashing into things hurt. Doing so wasn't much of a pleasant ordeal, and the bruises.. Well, they were a real pain.

"My mistake, miss, but I couldn't find any ice. I've found a rag, though," Books muttered, arriving back on the scene. He slowly trotted over to the foal and mare, stooping by the young colt's side. "And a blanket."

Books sighed. He knew he wasn't much help to the mare. If he had only known the places around here, he would have probably bought a few more helpful things. Though sadly, he didn't. A passing pony had helped him, and all he had to do was ask for the things he needed! The stallion muttered a stray curse beneath his breath. He couldn't even be the least bit useful!

Boney approached his fallen master and nudged him with his snout and barked. When Timid didn't respond, Boney's ears drooped and he began to howl mournfully.

Shadow was busy putting the nests in the trees when she heard a thud nearby, clearly from somepony hitting the ground, she flew past and saw a large bear looming over the area ''oh... snap'' she glared at the bare, panic picking up in her body quickly, until she realised, it didn't move agressively toward her or anypony else.. Still rather confused about this she decided she'd just stay high above it now, as a result she had too yell down at the mare cradling something in her forehooves ''Is it alright!?'' she looked over at the bear and then yelled again ''I dont know if you noticed but theres this big bulky and not too mention tough bear just.. wait nevermind!'' she paused as she saw the bear move toward the tree aww he's helping.. wait what? she then noticed the bear ripping a tree out of the ground swiftly flew down and lied on the actual soil playing dead.

"Umm, Fluttershy darling? I'm sure Bruce here is a wonderful, well-mannered gentleman of a bear who didn't mean a thing by the earlier incident.. But don't you think it's a teensy bit much to bring him back out here to work alongside these ponies? You know, considering the trauma that might have stemmed from what earlier transpired?"

Fluttershy winced a bit. She knew that some of her animal friends were scary to other ponies. She tried to picture Bruce as the others might see him, but in her mind she just kept seeing a little bear cub who'd gotten a little too curious about a bee hive.

The pegasus dropped to the ground near her friend. "Oh, but Rarity, he just wants to help out!" she protested. "He feels very sorry about what happened earlier, and..."

"Oh, its alright! It was all an accident, it wasn't his fault for what happened. Please, I'm sure he's feeling very guilty and wants to help!" Cheerilee added.

Fluttershy then saw the skinny yellow colt from earlier. He'd spotted Bruce, and started bolting. "Timid! Wait!" Fluttershy called out, but it was too late. Timid had run head-long into the stand Berry Punch had set up. He fell to the ground, spilling the contents of the stand over himself.

Fluttershy flew over the the stricken colt, but Cheerilee was faster. "Please, go get me some ice and a towel or rag to wrap them in? And a blanket if you can find it." she called out. A pegasus stallion Fluttershy didn't recognize flew off and came back with the requested supplies. Meanwhile Boney, Timid's dog limped up and began crying next to his friend. He was still wrapped in bandages from his earlier encounter with Bruce. "Oh, don't cry Boney!" Fluttershy told the dog, petting him soothingly. "Timid will will be OK!"

Bruce lumbered up behind Fluttershy, curiously sniffing at the downed colt, who was now covered in a strange mixture of beverages. "Um Bruce?" Fluttershy said to the big bruin, "Maybe we should, um, go to the other side of the grove..."

HeartBeat was busy giggling to herself as she watched the Dress Maker converse with who she was informed was Fluttershy. Not that it really mattered since she should have been busy looking around for ponies to take care of, that was sort of her job as a nurse. She flinched as soon as she saw the wounded dog and plowed her way over, eyes wide and full of a business like attention to every detail possible.

"What is wrong? How did this poor animal get hurt?" She said as she snatched the supplies from Fluttershy as her nurse reflex kicked in and began to place them in proper order onto the dog hoping that everything would turn out. "I could give him one of my pain reducers, but then again it might be too strong for it and have strange side effects." She continued to look over the dog in wonder that it could take such a wound but keep on trucking like it was nothing, to be honest it was more of admiration that the dog hadn't just decided to lay down and be done helping for the day.

Timid was breathing shallowly and his pulse was rapid and thready. He was in a dream, everything was dark except for a spotlight shining on his prone body. He looked around and shivered in the dark space as angry faces surrounded him and started shouting that he was useless and should just give up and never leave home. His mouth scrunched up and his eyes began to water as his will was being broken. He looked up at the light and it seemed so very far away... "Maybe it is for the best if I just stay here in this dark hole...", he said to himself in his dream. Suddenly, he heard Boney howl as if from an incredible distance away and this somehow broke his paralysis as he reached up towards the light and opened his eyes. "What....happened....?", he asked, still delirious from the massive hit he had taken to his head. He felt absolutely terrible as he had a splitting headache. All he knew was that Cheerilee was holding him and Fluttershy was looming over his prone form. He was so embarrassed at himself for making such a huge mess as he inspected himself and noticed that he was covered in berry juice.

Boney looked up at Fluttershy and wagged his tail as she petted him. He didn't know why, but her presence made him feel better and sure that his master will be just fine. He saw the bear approach and he put his body on top of Timid's and gave a low growl, glaring at everypony to step away from his master.

Cheerilee watched briefly as the Books took off to look for what she asked. I didn't even get that young pegasus stallion's name, how thoughtless of me. Cheerilee sighed. A trivial concern as she worried more about the colt in her forehooves, but just another bit of guilt on top of everything else. This year's Winter Wrap Up was fraught with one crisis after another; she just hoped things would improve once everything with the bear was settled.

Cheerilee looked down upon Timid Star with almost motherly worry, hoping he'd be alright. She looked up and gave a soft smile to his pet dog, assuring him "It'll be alright, you'll see." She wasn't sure if the dog understood, but she was trying to assure herself as much him, till Books returned with a blanket and some rags, each moment seeming far too long. When he finally returned, she sat up a little straighter and laid the colt's head down carefully before taking the cloth from the pegasus. She wrapped the colt in the blanket to keep him warm, first, then scooped up some snow into the rags to create a makeshift ice-pack for Timid Star. "Thank you," she said to Books. "I never did get your name - are you new to - "

Her question was interrupted as the colt spoke in a delirious manner, as if he was dreaming. Cheerilee immediately focused on the colt. "Oh, hon, you alright?" A relieved smile spread across Cheerilee's face as he finally opened his eyes. "Take it easy, now, you just ran into a table and bonked your little head. Everything will be okay, though. Look, your dog is here and everything!" Cheerilee sighed, another crisis under control. Maybe she should find a safer job here, like nest weaving. That sounded good.

Timid tried to get back on his hooves while still wrapped in the blanket. He struggled for about a minute, until he tripped on the blanket and fell again. He never had felt more weak and helpless in his short life. Cheerilee then told him to take it easy and that Boney was next to him. He looked to his left and saw Boney and Fluttershy and he offered them a weak smile as he said weakly, "Thank you for taking care of him, Fluttershy." Even saying that seemed to have exhausted the young colt, who was also very hungry, the only indicator reaching his frazzled brain being the growling of his stomach. "I'm hungry...", he said softly as the exhausted colt fell asleep. It had been a very difficult day for Timid.

Books watched the small colt, hardly paying attention to what went on around him. It was true, he wasn't a fan of the young foals, though helping them didn't hurt him much. At least he managed to contribute without doing much.

"Thank you,"

Looking up, the stallion slightly narrowed his eyes. Not in a mean manner, though just to examine the mare in front of him. Obviously, he had never seen her. Nor had he heard of her. She was pretty, in a way, he guessed. Her coat was quite beautiful, along with her--

"I never did get your name - are you new to - "

Books never did get a chance to finish thinking, nor did he ever hear the rest of her sentence. He already had an idea of what she was going to say. He kept his mouth shut, though, seeing as her concern went back to the foal. She was obviously relieved when the young colt opened his eyes. It was much better than seeing her worried expression, he guessed.

"Take it easy, now, you just ran into a table and bonked your little head. Everything will be okay, though. Look, your dog is here and everything!"

The young foal didn't even say much besides a thank you and an "I'm hungry" before knocking out. Books chuckled lightly at this. He must have been pooped, even before the incident. Though staying on the ground, asleep didn't seem to do him much justice. He would be better off put somewhere else, away from all the work. Kneeling down, the stallion glanced up at the mare holding the colt. "He can nap on my back for a while before we find a place for him to rest. Away from here."

"My name is Books, by the way, though you can call me Latte.. Either one is fine." The stallion mumbled. He hardly needed to introduce himself to others. He hadn't done so in a while, so it was a bit strange to him.

Shanna quickly flew, the enchantment on Fluttershy's cart keeping the baskets in place in the back without blowing away, then circled around the clearing where the tables were and landed. More of the nests were gone from the tables, meaning they were in trees now. "Good!"

She unhitched herself from the cart an began unloading it, stacking the baskets in a clear spot and waving at whoever was in charge for the moment "I'm back! There are plenty of baskets of salad for the critters, and there are more carts coming."

Cheerilee smiled at the kind-hearted dark pegasus, "thanks Books, er ... Latte, it's really nice to meet you and all, I wish it was under different circumstances." She turned back to Timid as the young colt mumbled and tried to stand up on his own. "Careful there, hon, don't stress yourself now. You had quite the rough day!" He didn't seem to notice her, but at least he was lucid to speak briefly with Fluttershy before lying down and falling asleep.

Cheerilee smiled up to Books. "Thank you for volunteering to take care of him." As she helped the colt up onto the dark brown stallions back, she smiled warmly, finally feeling that things were going to be alright for the rest of the day. "This is really wonderful of you, Latte, I am sure resting on your warm back will help him a lot more than this cold snow. Hopefully we can find his parents later - at worst, he can sleep on my couch tonight." Cheerilee clenched the end of the blanket with her teeth and pulled it over as much of Timid as she could, "I wonder if he will remember this Winter Wrap Up at all when he recovers?"

Cheerilee wasn't sure what do now. She watched as another pegasus flew down and dropped off baskets of various veggies, announcing more were on the way. Cheerilee had an idea, "who wants to give me a hoof delivering these? No way could I carry them all on my back!" She felt some confidence again. She trotted over to the table she used the ol' grab and toss she honed to a fine skill all those years as a teacher, grabbing each basket with her teeth and swung it around to land squarely on her back, the only drawback is that she could only hold a couple at a time this way, but surely others would surely join in!

Boney barked on excitement as his master woke up and tried to get up. He wagged his tail, waiting for Timid to get to his hooves and be ready to walk with him but when Timid tripped and fell, Boney whined a little and limped over to Tomid. He was about to drag him to his hooves like he had done before but his master had fallen asleep again and was placed on Latte's back. He barked and limped after Cheerilee, grabbing and carrying a basket of food in his mouth.