Animal & Weather Team

RarityDash

"Thank you for volunteering to take care of him."

The young stallion had been preoccupied with wondering what he could do. Books looked up, glancing at the mare. He had not heard most of what she said, though luckily he was able to catch onto that small fragment. "No problem, really.. Though I can offer to help with more," he said, adjusting himself into a better holding position. He didn't want to drop this foal. He already hurt his head once-- He didn't need to do it again.

"I wonder if he will remember this Winter Wrap Up at all when he recovers?"

"Huh, I doubt it. First thing this little guy would want is food, I bet."

The stallion didn't know what to do as he saw the mare walk off to help with the vegetables. On his back, there was little space, though just enough to hold one basket. If he was lucky, he could put in another.. Plus, his mouth would be able to serve as help. Trotting over to the table, he tossed a basket onto his back, careful not to his the foal. Grabbing another between his teeth, he tried to talk.

"Aleast ah am ale oo elp."

Bass had finally gotten a chance to gulp down a well deserved sip of water, all the while thinking about the leadership position that he had put himself into. The early morning hours having flown by rather quickly, as he and his team had just finished leading the first flock of birds back to Ponyville. Placing the empty glass back on the table, he gathered his nerves, and looked around, trying to pick out his crew. He gave his wings a quick stretch, remembering to keep off his bad leg, as he slowly lifted off the ground, flying back to Hoss, landing softly on three hooves, as the small songbird kept its roost in his mane. "Alright, let's gather up the rest of the team, so we can get back to it. We've probably only got two more trips, so the sooner we hop to it, the better."

(OOC: Yay! We're back in the saddle!)

Hoss whinnies and looks to Jubilee, then does a rearing prance as Bass gets their attention and gives them a pep talk

-unknown to him, Hoss was acting just like the pony backstage at the Young Flyer's Competition last year "Yeah! Lets Do This! We'll have the birds back in their warm home before sunset! Who's coming with us?!"

Things were finally looking up - bringing salad to the awakened critters was a nice, safe plan. It also meant that most of the other work was done for the animal team, which was hopeful! She wasn't doing it alone, either - both Books and the Timid's dog would be travelling with her, with Timid riding on the dark pegasus stallion's back. Neither could carry too much - not with Timid draped across Books' back - but every extra basket made the day go by a little faster. Cheerilee ruffled the top of the dog's head. "Well, my little friend, I figure this should be easy, just like setting out a dinner for guests at home."

She looked up to give a warm smile and a nod to Books - he was being so helpful, and she was glad she would be able to help keep an eye on Timid. Cheerilee picked up one last basket in her teeth. "Let's feed the critters!" she said merrily, and trotted into the forest.

Before she went to any of the caves or burrows, though, she detoured over to Fluttershy and Bruce the Bear. She set the basket down before Bruce, and smiled up to him. It had a good amount of berries and nuts in it, so hopefully the bear would like it. "I figure that since you are one of the animals we awoke, you should get a 'Welcome to the First Day of Spring' gift basket!" This final offering of friendship, she hoped, would make up for any misunderstanding earlier

Timid slept soundly on Latte's back, dreaming of his parents and their home in the Gallopacus Islands, and of Canterlot, where he was staying with his parent's permission. But really, all he could dream about was the omelets his mother made for him. Timid licked his snout in his sleep and smiled as he dug into the omelet in hid dream, letting out an "Mmm....this...is....good....(snort)....thanks....zzzz....Mom....zzzz.", in his sleep.

Boney limped forward as well and laid his final basket before Fluttershy and barking a thank you that only she could understand. He was completely worn out from grabbing baskets and leaving them in front of burrows. He was hungry too and barked his concern to Fluttershy, before leaping onto Latte's back and curling up next to Timid and laying a paw over his master and best friend. Boney's eyes started to close as his tail went limp and he let out a satisfied sigh for he was with his master again.

deciding she had nothing more to do in ponyville and didn't enjoy her time anymore Shadow rose from her hooves, looking momentarily at the other ponies before turning around and flying toward Cloudsdale those heroes came from here?, must be a mistake she sighed and whistled Falk over, then they both continued their flight.

Books followed after the mare at a steady pace, careful not to drop the foal. Things seemed to be going swell, by the looks on everypony's face. They were all content with the way their work was turning out. Though most of what they were doing seemed nearly done. If only he had arrived around the beginning of the wrap-up-- It would have possibly been more fun, and better than anything else. "Excuse me, miss, but you never told me your name," the stallion said, after dropping the basket in his mouth onto the ground, "I wouldn't want to go on--"

"Mmm.... this... is.... good... (snort).... thanks... zzzz... Mom... zzzz."

The stallion stiffled a small chuckle. Huh.. The kid was thinking of his ma. Well, wasn't that nice? 'This is good', he had said.. He was most likely dreaming about food or something. Man, Books wouldn't mind some food right about-- "Oof!"

Books nearly fell over as he felt the colt's pup jump onto his back. It would have been nice to be forewarned about this! He and the foal could have both fall down. Resulting in both getting hurt, both asleep, and both dreaming of food. Picking up the basket in his mouth again, the Pegasus followed Cheerilee. Hopefully they'd be able to give the food to the animals already. It was nice, knowing that ponies had to do so much just to get things up and cheerful!

"Yeah! Lets Do This! We'll have the birds back in their warm home before sunset! Who's coming with us?!"

Shooting Star jumped up to her hooves as she heard the call. Stretching out her wings she trotted over to the others, saluted and said in a very excited voice "I'm ready when everypony else is!"

bouncing slightly as she came to a stop

With that said, she fidgeted around on the spot, folding and opening her wings and pacing slightly, whilst she impatiently waited for the others to be ready so they could get going

Bass chuckled at the enthusiastic mare, patting her on the back. Truth be told, he saw quite a bit of his friend Midsy's can-do attitude in her. It was nice to see somepony with some enthusiasm on the team, even of it was only one pony.

"I like that attitude. You're gonna need it on the long flight. You might want to drink some water, too, while we wait for the rest of the team. I'm Deep Bass, the migration team leader. But you can call me Bass."

Bass extended a friendly hoof to Shooting Star, wincing as the little songbird in his mane pecked at his head, as if to say 'What about me, jerk?'

"And this little guy is my new friend, Baritone."