Saturna [FINAL]

Kalpira

NOTE TO STAFF: Yes, I had already applied for this character, but I am re-applying her since I revamped her history, cutie mark, ect.

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Saturna

Sex:Female

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Light lilac

Coat Color: Very dark purple

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Short and messy mane, long and messy tail. Both are dark yellow qith light pink tips. Tail is tied in a bandage.

Physique: Slender and agile

Cutie Mark: A bottled star

Origin/Residence: Canterlot

Motivation: Due to the loss of her parents, Wish has always been told that ponies that die are present in the stars that show up in the skies at night. And so, she can't stop studying them and trying to find out everything about them.

Likes: The night, stars, magic, nice scents, new things, exploring

Dislikes: Cold weather, poison joke, parasprites, cats, dragons

Character Summary

History:

Saturna was born and always lived in Canterlot, in a humble home, surrounded by everything that is mystic and even mysterious. As a young foal, she was never that talkative, and her shiness often made her stay away from the other foals. However, she thought about things that nopony her age her dreamed about. She thought and reflected about the heart of things, about everything behind everything. She always had the greatest ideas about things, but her thoughts were based on the mystic surroundings of Canterlot. What fascinated her the most was her horn, which she kept trying to learn as much as she could. After the tragedy that later on brought her her cutie mark, she grew up in all kind of ways and managed to get her own esoteric shop, selling all sort of magical items.

Parents:

Her parents didn't approve of such high ideas, simply because they were humble farmers who wanted to have all hooves on earth, and never dreamt that further away from that. They often asked Saturna to help them out in the fields and selling their crops in the market, but her mind was far away from that. They were focused on turning Golden Wish into a hard working farmer, but fate had something else planned for this young filly ...

Cutie Mark Story:

Like in any good medieval tale, Canterlot is filled with magic. And even Saturna's parents knew that, because even being simple farmers, they knew that some of the best seeds and plants to sell were often found in the Raptorlaw Canyon. So one day, they left their young filly with one of her aunts and left in search for some of those amazing rops that would make them have some more bits in their pockets. They were supposed to take only two days, but weeks and even months passed with no sight of young Saturna's parents to be seen. The filly cried for days, and lived with her aunt from that day on. She was kind, and allowed her to explore her so beloved books. She had a little bit more money than her parents used to have, and so Saturna had a lot of books at her disposal. Her days were spent reading and investigating everything she could about magic. But one day, she heard a very important sentence from her aunt: "The ones that we love and that are far away, turn into a star that shows up in the sky.", with that sentence, Saturna started to study everything she could about stars so that she could find out the stars corresponding to her parents, but she simply couldn't.

One night, when Saturna was feeling her heart tighter than ever, she headed out and had a seat at the top of a hill. In that Summer night, every single star was visible in the sky, and she looked at all of them. But two special ones caught her attention, and she didn't know why. "One day, I will find you. I promise.", she mumbled to herself. Right in that moment, those two stars sparkled more than all the others, and her cutie mark appeared: a golden star in a bottle.

Flaws:

Saturna can be quite distracted sometimes, because she has a short attention span and her mind is in one thousand places at a time. So sometimes it's hard for her to tell her hooves to move in a way so she can walk properly. And when she gets melancholic and thoughtful, she can hear nopony at all. It seems like she is in her own world, thinking about her own things that nopony else would understand. And maybe they truely wouldn't ...

Personality:

This sweet filly may be a little bit shy and thoughtful, but she has a completely pure heart and never judges the ones that cross her path. She knows lots of things, but she doesn't know that much about the most common things. Still, she doesn't think she's a know-it-all and simply shares her knowledge with others.

phpm7Rf0bAM.jpg

Image by Helix

She's so pretty ! i love that picture ! She'd be awesome friends with ZIggy ( my fortune telling Zebra ). If you're needing any help for her motivation maybe give her questions to ask ? like eg ( this is just off the top of my head you don't have to use this example at all !) she may not know who her parents are and so she tries to find answers in the night sky that she's always loved ? Just an idea, to have her be looking at the stars for answers ?

As usual feel free to ignore anything i say if it wouldn't fit in with you're char :P

Its a great application, my own major issue is the concept that a dragon or dragons would swoop down to kidnap ponies from the capital (Canterlot). From the episode we have seen of dragons flying around, they seem to be reclusive and generally ignore ponies and see them beneath their interest unless ponies tried to tread in on dragon territories and hoards. Also this being Canterlot, there definitely be some protection and warning, I don't believe Celestia would allow such things to happen in her capital even if dragons rampage for sport (it looks from what we have seen, they are only interested in their treasures and possessions).

• 2 months later...