I'm glad they waited the extra week, it was hard enough to wait for the second half of the Discord episodes, waiting for the second half of this would have been torture

Either way these were great they had so many fun little moments and the songs were wonderful, it really did have the feel of a Disney film

That exceeded my expectations. If the second season had to end, I'm glad it was on such a big high note. :D

This just delivered in every way, especially the second episode. The whole thing offered great moments for every character, excitement and actual action for once, some great songs (especially that kind of dark one sung by both real and fake Cadence), a threatening villain who was not permanently disposed of in the end, two great new characters and some really sweet, emotional moments. Seriously awesome.

Sure, Luna and DJ Pon-3 were treated as quick cameos, Celestia seemed a little weak (though that was a Queen of the Changelings and she did explain that she had been sapping power from Shining Armor), and there were some little things to maybe complain about, but really, that was pretty perfect.

As for RP implications, I'm expecting to see lots of Shining Armor apps pretty soon (and probably less, but also a fair number of Cadence apps). I'm also going to bet changelings will not be added to the approved species list.... :lol:

Bravo FiM team, this was a great way to end what has been an amazing second season that in many ways surpassed even the first. ;-)

Villain songs (and normal songs too), Luna, Vinyl, Soarin', Fancypants, what else am I missing...

Am I the only one who's actually glad they didn't re-use Discord? Adding a new villain to the roster felt like the better decision here. That being said, they effectively added an entire new race here, one that seems to be antagonists to the ponies, period.

The ending itself wasn't as rushed as the other 2-parters, but the way the villains were defeated was. I think it's a little disappointing that the mane six (except Twi) couldn't make a difference without the Elements, but Cadence+Shining Armor wiped out the threat alone.

I guess I wanted them to "earn" the ending more. That being said there's a lot to like otherwise. Luna making more than a one-scene cameo is what I wanted.

...although I would have appreciated it a little more if she was there to help Celestia when she was in trouble. :sleep:

...I know I don't usually post in these discussion threads that often but....

My dear lord.

I know I've said, "One of my favourite episodes" in the past but this just takes that proud place.

Just...best episode ever...at this point anyway ;) I can only imagine what season 2 will bring :D

Alright so....

IT WAS AWESOME! SO AWESOME!!!! :kissy:

I didn't get to see Vinyl's eyes (stupid lag on Livestream :sniff: ) but above all, it shows the power of love and gut instinct! <3

Twilight Sparkle Machine Gun! And Pinkie thinking the Changeling's were funny XXDD :D

I wonder what's going to happen at the bachelor party that Spike planned.... And SweetiexSpike may be canon. Who knows.... :/

And Shining Armor sounds like the perfect brother. SHINING ARMOR! BE MY BROTHER! I DON'T WANT THIS ANNOYING LITTLE ONE! And Twilight was soooo cute in this one! :blush:<3

I think that's about it... *out of steam*

Now this thread comes to life! Well, back to rewatching all the episodes and surfing the ponynet to fill the hole until season 3.

It was a great finale. I really hope that we can expect the same quality from season 3. Also, I am glad that they didn't use the Elements again. I dunno, it would have been lame if that was the ONLY way that they could stop anything. It was nice to see other ponies take charge and expel the threat. I just didn't like how quick it was.

Best episode ever. I've said everything I wanted to in chat I think (and argued about whether or not the Queen should be appable), so all I can say was this was the best way to end the season. An MLP movie couldn't have been better.

Poll: Will Queen Changling be a recurring villain?

I haven't! I'm a season 2 brony! :-o I don't know how I'm going to survive... how did you do it the first time?!

im a season 2 brony to NOT GOING TO LIVE

It's not that bad. Fancfics, fanart, fanmusic. Gorge yourselves on pony. The community will provide for you.

Yeah I'm also glad they didn't recycle with the Elements. And as for how they DID beat the threat... well it was a bit quick, but I could actually FEEL the Power of Love radiating off them - I got serious chills :lol: And for a one-hour time slot, I think they organised the story layout the best way they could.

The ending itself wasn't as rushed as the other 2-parters, but the way the villains were defeated was. I think it's a little disappointing that the mane six (except Twi) couldn't make a difference without the Elements, but Cadence+Shining Armor wiped out the threat alone. I guess I wanted them to "earn" the ending more.

I didn't mind as much. I think it kind of worked. :/

Friendship is magic, so love is surely magical too. And love between an alicorn and a unicorn of similar or perhaps even slightly greater magic output than Twilight certainly should make for a powerfully augmented magic (especially given Cadence's magic is probably love related by nature in the first place). Shining Armor's magical talent is clearly for making barriers, so I think it makes sense that with all that magic power a barrier would explode out to push out all the changelings.

Maybe it's a little rushed, but eh, Discord and Nightmare Moon were beaten by a single blast of power too.

I didn't mind as much. I think it kind of worked. :/

Friendship is magic, so love is surely magical too. And love between an alicorn and a unicorn of similar or perhaps even slightly greater magic output than Twilight certainly should make for a powerfully augmented magic (especially given Cadence's magic is probably love related by nature in the first place). Shining Armor's magical talent is clearly for making barriers, so I think it makes sense that with all that magic power a barrier would explode out to push out all the changelings.

Maybe it's a little rushed, but eh, Discord and Nightmare Moon were beaten by a single blast of power too.

Thanks for this explanation - I like it! :D

But I'm one of those viewers who likes to explain things to a great degree until it makes sense in my headcanon :lol:

• Like 1

So, my thoughts on the season finale. The good: Loved the Villain. Been awhile since we had some evil chicks, so it was a good change. Speaking of change... Changlings... Awesome :kissy: Plot was a bit thin, but I loved the musical numbers and general feel. Twilight getting alienated cause everyone thinks she doesn't want her brother getting married to 'Candance'. Very interesting idea.

However, there was a good bit of bad with it too. There really wasn't any character development. How it ended seemed a little weak. I'm all for 'love conquers all', but with this... it seemed a little too cheesy. And the big part that got me angry? Teases with Luna! Curse you Hasbro/Studio B! Taunt me with little cameo's of Best Princess Luna. :wail: Evil... so very evil...

Ok. Saw episode 25.

I'm amazed so far.

Especially that ending...

Why won't you load the next part faster YouTube?

Poll: Will Queen Changling be a recurring villain?

I certainly hope so. She was incredibly awesome. Probably my favorite of the serious villains so far. I know a lot of people love Discord, but yeah, she was cooler to me. I just kind of wish she had a name beyond just Changeling Queen.

Finally I have time to talk about this episode as Korra came on and I wanted to watch it.

And all I can say is that this episode was totally fantastic, utterly and totally fantastic.

I could really empathize with Twilight here with her relationship with her brother as its how it was with my sister.

I am the older sibling in my family and I was sad to see my sister move out and marry someone but I only wanted the best for my sister.

And I so totally called it with Cadence being some sort of shapeshifter, wow never before my typical wild mass guessing has paid off so well.

All in all a fantastic way to cap off season 2, sure the villains being beaten by the power of love might be a little cheesy but its good enough to pass as its not the mane 6 who save everything this round.

Ok. Got to part 2!

Loved Chrysalis, the Real Princess Cadance, DJ Pon3 returns, Luna's cameo, The ending song (can't wait to see others make it).

Interesting how neither Celestia nor the Elements of Harmony helped, but the love between Shining Armor and Cadence

I admit I was afraid it was going to be too girly, but in the end it was a great ending.

Hmm... maybe I should try to app for Cadence or Shining Armor? Not much to go on, but I will summon all my writing powers to create this RP app! (Activates Element of Creativity)