Awesomly Awesome way to close out the second season! The perfect combination of epic and lighthearted. I was sort of dissapointed that Luna only got a few seconds of screen time, but all in all, those few seconds were a welcome addition. The only thing that would have made the wedding crash scene complete was if they had made a refference to 'The Graduate', where Dustin Hoffman's character arives at the church at the very last minute and slams his hands against the window. But oh well.

Something else I just thought about.

The beggining of Season 2 introduced a villain heavily influenced by Star Trek's Q, a devious god-like entity who uses his powers to make the lives of others difficult in not downright misserable.

The end of Season 2 introduced a manevolant race of shape-shifting entities called 'Chaglings' who attempt to conquer Equestria by taking the place of a member of the royal family. Anyone else reminded of the changlings from Star Trek Deep Space 9.

• Like 1

I am blown away. Equestria Daily said this was on par with classic disney films, and they did not lie. For what they had to work with, it was absolutely amazing.

:kissy: So much singing! :kissy:

This means the fan music section is about to explode. Twice.

hi hi

I could see Discord showing up again in a flashback, but yeah, it doesn't seem very likely at all that he'll show up in the future. As for the changelings: I don't suspect we'll see them again either, mostly just because FiM has yet to recycle villains, but I could see them being for real characters in a different way. Perhaps some of them will learn how to share one of these days? Applejack seems to get along well with her apple trees, even though she feeds off of them.

I wonder if this episode makes it to the DVD version, if they're going to cut out the reminder at the start of the second episode. I would really like to watch this episode all the way through without commercial interruption. (If they can make a two-parter this good, I don't doubt that they could make a great movie.)

Also, it is not my intent to start an argument over this but...

I must insist that simply altering existing emotions instead of creating new ones does not change anything. Cognitive dissonance is something that you should be paying attention to, not ignoring. Having conflicted feelings is one of the first warning signs that something isn't adding up. People have a right to have doubts and disagreements. They are not simply little hangups getting in the way, and casually brushing them aside does not seem right.

One more thing: I couldn't help but notice one fancy looking mare in the background. :)ehhUh.png

• Like 1

I must insist that simply altering existing emotions instead of creating new ones does not change anything. Cognitive dissonance is something that you should be paying attention to, not ignoring. Having conflicted feelings is one of the first warning signs that something isn't adding up. People have a right to have doubts and disagreements. They are not simply little hangups getting in the way, and casually brushing them aside does not seem right.

That kinda moves out of the scope of a show of this kind. I see your point, but I personally feel that this is more of an extension of the idea of spreading harmony, which is one of the pillars this world is build on. And I have seen people going their separate ways over a misunderstanding, and even after it got cleared up, the damage was already done. There's not always a good reason to having fights with someone, I think that's the core of what I'm trying to say.

Here's are my thoughts on both episodes, as usual.

Twilight: "Wedding?" Hey, we feel the same way!

"Who in the hoof is that?!" Alright, well at least Twilight hasn't heard of Princess Cadence either.

"The burden of keeping Canterlot safe and secure rests squarely on my shoulders." Yep, because Celestia isn't going to do anything!

"Cadence, it's me! Twilight!" "Uh-huh." Ooooooooooo!

LUNA!

Hm, they still haven't said what the threat is yet...

"EVIL!"

"I'm sorry." "You will be." D:

“Why the long face, sugarcube?” Because I'm a horse!

Hmm, still haven't seen clones yet.

(During singing/action sequence) Huh. I had my doubts about liking Cadence. But I think I'm going to like her.

Also, still no explanation for third Alicorn.

“She's a changeling.” WHAAAAAAAAAT

Party Cannon!

I was thinking evil Cadence was going to be my favorite villain. Now that I've found out she's a Changeling, that's confirmed.

UGH, fall back on the Elements again.

Luna, save them! Ah, commercial!

Me: The power of love! Few seconds later:“My love will give you strength.” Welp.

I guess we should have expected this trope.

RAINBOOM!

LUNA!

Also, another Twilight song.

Surprisingly, they kept that villain under wraps for all this time.

I can honestly say I did not see that coming, but I don't know what I expected.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I REALLY want someone to make a video comparison between the big fights in the Powerpuff Girls Movie and Part 2's huge fight. The "flashing white on action cuts" technique use in both are EXACT, and I'd LOVE IT if someone made a side-by-side video of it!

I just can't get over how cool that is. The crew used a technique from a previous fight montage from a past work of Faust and McCracken, and it worked PERFECTLY!

• Like 2

So, I actually just noticed something. It was a blink and you miss it moment, and because my Livestream was acting up during the last half of part 2, I missed it the first time.

Rainbow Dash kisses Fluttershy in this episode. I'm entirely serious. Time code 01:26 will put you closest to the mark in this video. It's heart-meltingly adorable to see the look on RD's face when she sees Fluttershy is safe, then kiss her and fly off.

Wow... way to combine epicness and cavity-inducing sweetness in one go... Good Job MLP:FiM

Thoughts:

How could you NOT tell that Candice was evil? Was everypony but Twilight blind? I know she was bewitching Shining Armor, but Celestia and Luna? You both couldn't tell? Really? Especially after Twilight burst in and made that accusation... Wouldn't Celestia TRUST her MOST TRUSTED PUPIL and at LEAST look into it? Come on Celestia... You know better than that... Twilight may be over reactive at times, but she KNOWS MAGIC. I'm pretty sure she can tell the difference between a mind altering charm and a healing spell.

Chrysalis... most evil being ever. I still love Discord, but as I say, he isn't true evil... Now THAT was true evil. Perfect villain for MLP TBH. A creature that feeds off of love and becomes stronger? With tons of minions? Fantastic.

Epic fight was epic. And hilarious. Great how they didn't use the elements, but the trope was used... Pretty obvious, but not unexpected.

FANON DESTROYED! DJ Pon3's eyes are NOT red (I seriously paused at that moment), they look to be the same shade as her glasses. BUT THAT WAS EPIC! They know how to play to the fans, and DJ Pon3 is pretty much my favorite BG pony (sorry Derp, I love that you are pretty much persistent as a nod to us adult fans, but DJ Pon3 is 20% cooler).

I also loved Luna's cameos and few lines. We have also confirmed that she does play a role in the protection of Equestria at night.... Wait... Does that mean that Celestia didn't sleep for a thousand years? Also... that must be one hellova telescope to be able to see over the curvature of the planet and view all of Equestria.

Seriously... though, great season finale all around. I don't think it wreaked canon, I don't think you can really... Faust's claims aren't canon, its whatever Hasbro wants along with the current creative team.

Also... Was Celestia watching Twilight for that long? I mean her cousin, a fellow Alicorn, was her foal-sitter. Also... I wonder... Is Shining Armor's special gift in protection spells? It would match up with his cutie mark and why he was the only one whom could protect Equestria with that spell, while Twilight is just general magic. Which means that Twilight is possibly the only other pony whose magic can rival royalty.

Overall... Mind blowing action and some great emotional rollercoaster with the first half, and some heartmelting moments all throughout... This entire hour made me very confused... My heart wanted to explode and melt at the same time I think... ESPECIALLY when RD kissed FS realizing that she was safe during the epic battle.

Overall... Mind blowing action and some great emotional rollercoaster with the first half, and some heartmelting moments all throughout... This entire hour made me very confused... My heart wanted to explode and melt at the same time I think...

The animators have definitely come into their own. With two seasons under their belt, the animation here was ASTOUNDING. The facial expressions, with subtle nuances like the look Shining Armor gives Cadence when he sees her walking up the aisle during the rehearsal, or that look RD gives Fluttershy before the quick kiss, are SPOT ON. This finale likely wouldn't have hit half as hard if it was the S1 finale. Watch Cadence's song, This Day. I was seriously creeped out by the rapid changes in Evil Cadence's expressions.

Ok, saw the episode. Almost had manly tears the whole time with the real Candace. My mind was blown by the approach they took.

I've completely predicted the outcome and main plot of every episode this season. I thought that twi was going to cast a cloning spell to help everypony work faster. I'm so glad I was wrong.

This is the first episode that I'be actually felt giddy watching. I know exactly how twilight feels in this situation, with an older sibling that lives far away that you never see, and I would be lying if the whole episode didn't make me sniffle a bit, especially the first song.

The moral, I feel, is perfectly done. It's so corny and cheesy that it works.

Love conquers all.

The changing queen used love to beat celestia, but she didn't fathom the true power that love had. I think it was great.

The fight scene was well done, and i felt my heart melt and swell during the evil Candace song.

All in all a great episode.

Also, I don't think that changlings should be in the rp. They just seem like an annoyance, and there's no reason to have one other than to cause trouble!

"But Bann, I'll make a nice changling! One that is misunderstood and hates. Being bad blah blah blah hurr durr."

No. According to canon, they're evil. You make a changling, they're evil. Do we really want a bunch of people with troll characters? And that's ignoring the fact that we don't know where they come from, and whether or not a single changling can operate away from the swarm.

Basically, it's just a bad idea. I know we've already made non-show creatures canon, but let's not jump the gun here and do something we'll all regret.

Anyway, glad to see vinyl and Luna, blah blah blah.

Good episode.

Also, I'm calling that fanfic writers will make crappy stories about how Chrysalis is just misunderstood and such. I'm calling it now.

I'm not gonna argue that Chrysalis is some sympathetic misfit but I can understand her motives. Like Celestia and Luna, she is the leader of an entire race of creatures and it is her duty to ensure their livelihood. Her actions, while malicious, were done to feed her people not just to torment Twilight. I figure that there is a severe lack of "love" outside of Equestria to feed the changlings.

• Like 1

Also... Was Celestia watching Twilight for that long? I mean her cousin, a fellow Alicorn, was her foal-sitter.

Cadence being her foal sitter would have made more sense if she was a unicorn as originally intended(?)

At that point she wouldnt have even needed to be related to celestia, the castle wedding could just have been due to him being captain of the guard, that's gotta have some special perks.

Though the story would have been completely different had she not been an alicorn

Also, I am now rewatching it on yt in hd, and boy does it make a world of difference.

Edited by DrMaxwell

Also, I don't think that changlings should be in the rp. They just seem like an annoyance, and there's no reason to have one other than to cause trouble!

"But Bann, I'll make a nice changling! One that is misunderstood and hates. Being bad blah blah blah hurr durr."

No. According to canon, they're evil. You make a changling, they're evil. Do we really want a bunch of people with troll characters? And that's ignoring the fact that we don't know where they come from, and whether or not a single changling can operate away from the swarm.

Basically, it's just a bad idea. I know we've already made non-show creatures canon, but let's not jump the gun here and do something we'll all regret.

Anyway, glad to see vinyl and Luna, blah blah blah.

Good episode.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time this race of creatures is now a part of the canon Equestria, so they do deserve some place in the RP. My question is whether they're all completely sentient like the queen is though. I don't believe any of the others said a word, so they might not be.

It's an interesting question the staff face, and I'll be curious to see what they decide.

I'm perhaps even more interested to see how they decide on Chysalis herself. To be honest, I actually kind of have a document open with the beginnings of an application... :blush:

• Like 1

So, I actually just noticed something. It was a blink and you miss it moment, and because my Livestream was acting up during the last half of part 2, I missed it the first time.

Rainbow Dash kisses Fluttershy in this episode. I'm entirely serious. Time code 01:26 will put you closest to the mark in this video. It's heart-meltingly adorable to see the look on RD's face when she sees Fluttershy is safe, then kiss her and fly off.

Although I heard the sound too, the animation doesn't suggest a kiss at all. :/
  • Like 2

Finally got to watch this! What can I say? This two-parter closed Season 2 with a definite bang, loud and clear. The accumulation of little in-jokes and nods came fast and many -- there's so much going on it's definitely going to take multiple viewings to see it all. A lot of it was rewarding to see that only a real follower of FiM would understand (like Sibsy's OC, AJ's liarface, etc.).

The villain was truly well done. I was hoping in my headcanon that Fake Cadance was Trixie or something (but Trixie isn't evil -- just misunderstood)! A super evil villain is fine too!

I'm so happy and yet so sad. Season 2 has been a wonderful journey, and I'm looking forward to see what Season 3 (and hopefully beyond) bring.

hi hi

You know, if there are responsible changelings out there that don't try to take more than they need and help support their food source so that it doesn't wear out (The difference between flim flam artists and honest apple farmers) for all we know, there could be changeling ponies in Equestria already and we'd never know it. If they're not causing problems, who could tell the difference?

It does, but it's so quick. It happens right as she pulls Fluttershy off the ground, at least that's how I see.

1459-oh-god-meme.png

SHIPPING IN THE SHOW!? WHY? WHY MUST YOU DO THIS TO ME? ARRRRRGH!

It does, but it's so quick. It happens right as she pulls Fluttershy off the ground, at least that's how I see.

I watched it frame-by-frame.

Fluttershy slightly puckers her lips BEFORE Dash goes to help her up, but not in a way that would suggest she's about to kiss.

Dash's mouth never makes a kissing motion whatsoever.

As a result, the sound is out of place. It could be a stray sound, or someone threw it in for personal purposes. Either way, it wasn't a kiss.

• Like 1

It looked to me like a quick peck on the nose as dash was lifting her up. Not exactly ship-worthy, more of a sisterly affection, which would reinforce their relationship as seen throughout the show.

also, AJ's face when she sneaks her hat on while rarity isn't looking.

• Like 1