Queen Chrysalis (crossover) [FINAL]

BaconofChaos

Roleplay Type: Crossover... for now

Name: Queen Chrysalis of the Changelings

Sex: Female

Species: Changeling

Eye Color: Green

Coat Color: Black, with green/blue markings

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Her mane and tail are a deep turquoise, worn straight and unkempt. Like the rest of her, her mane is filled with holes.

Physique: Tall, thin and gangly. Her mane, tail, wings and legs are riddled with holes. Normal for changelings, but suggests a sickly or rotten nature that regular ponies often find distasteful.

Cutie Mark: None

Origin/Residence: Changeling breeding grounds, underground caverns underneath a country far from Equestria

Motivation: To lead her changelings to power and glory by consuming the love of all ponykind

Likes: Trickery, victory, Love (as sustenance), the look of despair on your face when you know that you can do nothing against her

Dislikes: Love (as an emotion), ponies, sweet foods, parties

Character Summary:

Love.

Some say it is the most powerful emotion that any creature can feel. A force that can warm the coldest hearts. Love brings together creatures of all walks of life, be they pony, griffon, dragon, or otherwise. It strengthens them.

For the Changlings... Love is food.

Nopony knows from whence the changlings first came, but they have walked amongst us for as long ponykind can remember. Dark, hateful creatures who kidnap ponies that are well loved by friends and family, mimic their forms, and live out their lives, feeding on the misplaced affection that now targets them. When they have drained enough, they disappear, leaving scores of weakened, dazed ponies behind. The kidnapped individuals are often found later, weak and starving, but alive. Sometimes the changling will even release their victim themselves.

Why the Changlings feed on love has long been debated, but the most commonly held belief is simply that love is the only emotion that a changling is incapable of feeling, and so crave it, forcefully stealing it from others. And as changlings are almost universally cruel and selfish, it's easy to believe.

And of all the changlings, Queen Chrysalis is the cruelest and most selfish of them all.

Raised in darkness by the queen before her, it was clear to the other changlings that young Chrysalis would be the greatest of them all. Gifted with dark magic that warped the minds of others, her skills at mimicry and deceit were unrivaled. Though unloved by her fellow changlings, the young queen was empowered by their admiration and worship. She was arrogant, ambitious and greedy to a fault. It was these traits that eventually led Queen Chrysalis to hatch a most diabloical plan to infiltrate the pony city of Canterlot in the heart of Equestria, the country with the most loving ponies of all, and steal the love of the masses by replacing Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.

The plan was simple, yet genius. "This Princess is one of the most well-loved ponies in existance! When I take her place at her own wedding, the power of her husband's love, and the adoration of the pony public, will give me strength like no other!" she told her changling followers. "And with that strength, the whole of Equestria will be ours! We shall control all ponykind and feast on their love for all eternity! AHAHAHAHAHA!"

She moved into Canterlot underground, using ancient abandoned caverns she had found underneath the city and intergrated herself into the pony society above. However, it seemed that she or one of her subjects had been noticed, and the city was put on full alert, with Cadence's future husband sealing the city in a powerful forcefield only he could create. At first, it seemed like the plan might be ruined, with Chrysalis trapped inside and her subjects outside. But the Queen could easily see how much casting the protection spell took out of the Captain of the Guard. Once she began draining him of his love for Cadence, the shield would rop easily.

When the time was right, she snuck into Caterlot palace, her disguise fooling the keen eyes of the guards, and kidnapped Princess Cadence, trapping her in the crystal caverns, hidden deep underground. She then took her place as the new Cadence, fooling all other ponies... except one. Unfortunately for the Queen, Cadence's husband-to-be, Shining Armor, captain of the royal guard, was far smarter and strong of will than she had expected. A gifted unicorn and cunning warrior, Shining Armor's mind wrestled and writhed against Chrysalis' mind-control spells. His unbridled love for his fiancée allowed his to notice every minor detail that was wrong with Chrysalis' impresonation, from her tone of voice, to the way she moved. Had Chrysalis not been so arrogant to believe that Shining Armor would be as easy to fool as the average Joe, perhaps she would have been more careful. "But why should I care," she reasoned "when I can simply batter his mind into submission?"

Using her mind-control spells to keep Shining Armor down, under the pretense of healing his migraines, she began absorbing his love in preparation for her grand triumph.

Ultimately, it was the power of love that ruined her plan. While she fed on love to survive, the concept that the emotion could be used as power by other races was alien to her. She could consume love and take its magic, but she had no idea that two ponies in love could focus that power into an unstoppable force. When Cadence and Shining Armor's love was in full force, the effects were overwhelming. Queen Chrysalis was shunted out of Equestria, beaten and humiliated. Enraged, she began plotting her revenge...

As a race of semi-insectile creatures, the Queen is both the mother and leader of all changling kind. Chrysalis raises her children to be strong, cunning, but ultimately dependant on her for rulership. She doesn't care for her children; she can't. But she knows that she is responsible for them and feels a sense of twisted pride as her changelings steal the love from the inhabitants of the world and use it to grow.

Notes: Yeah, I'm sure you all saw this coming. Set for crossovers, though in the unlikely event she becomes Mane RP appable (I doubt it) I'll resubmit.

For the record, she's a powerful villain, so I want to make the following points clear:

I will not put her in an RP unless I have the consent of all participants.

I will not use mind-control magic as a means to co-opt the characters of other players. At most, I will ask them if they are okay with it, and ask them to RP the result.

I will bare in mind that, as a My Little Pony villain, she is allowed some minor victories, but can't actually, y'know, conquer the world. Unless someone wants to RP that... then that's awesome.

170969%20-%20celestia%20Chrysalis%20screencap.jpg

• Like 1