Internal Dispute [Ville, Phil, Imagination, Karnaloth, Ashton]

Volt

“Move outta the way!” - a shout forced Ardent to look behind. It was yet another Royal patrol. He trotted aside obediently, observing them as they passed near him. He picked out their suspicious stares. Stallion wasn't surprised with this, as he knew he's standing out by a fair amount. He was wearing his ceremonial armor, covered in various decorative markings, with a dazzling sapphire implemented in the very front of it. His helmet also differed, as it covered most part of his face, unlike typical REA helmets. Moreover, as his mission was also representative, the tradition ordered him to bring his sword, which was crafted exclusively for his needs. Pegasus kept it tied on his back, just above the bags.

As soon as the patrol passed by, Will continued his walk towards one of Canterlot REA barracks. The state of emergency has been declared in the city. It was now swarming with guards, determined to protect it to their last breaths. Pegasus couldn't help to notice that the grass all around him was simply trampled. “Seems that even nature couldn't stop the royal equestrian forces...” - he joked in his mind, trying to remain focused at his target.

Ardent didn't know why he was the one chosen to attend the crisis meeting called in the city of Canterlot. It seemed that everypony with higher ranks were suddenly busy with things which weren't destined to his ears. But it lied not in his nature to question the orders, especially if they came from the high command itself. The task he was assigned seemed simple. Cooperate with REA in order to, eventually, eliminate any potential threats to the kingdom. He was supposed to keep in touch with rest of the brotherhood on daily basis. The only problem here was that... REA and Destriers didn't get along very well...

He approached the building finally. The structure itself had only two floors and was purely white. He could see the castle of Canterlot in the far distance. Pegasus wondered how does it look inside as the end of his journey drew near. All of a sudden, a guard crossed his path.

“Nopony is allowed into that building, citizen.” - Ardent frowned upon hearing a 'citizen' word directed at him. He didn't answer, instead he pulled out a letter. Its seal was already broken, as he had to show it upon entering Canterlot in the first place. The guard started reading:

“~~~~

Anypony reading these words, know this, that the bearer of this letter is an ambassador of holy Destrier brotherhood. Amongst many, he has been chosen to be an emissary of justice. None shall stand in his path, as he must safely reach the city of Canterlot. Those, who should oppose his will until he reaches his destination, shall suffer severe consequences by the hooves of the chapter.

Praised be Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

~~~~”

The letter finished with two, mysteriously looking seals imprinted in red wax. As guard finished, he threw the letter back at Ardent with disrespectful expression.

“Nopony is allowed into the building.” - he repeated himself, throwing Will into momentary confusion. The words stabbed his mind like an imaginary dagger.

“You dare to oppose the will of the chapter, and, ultimately, Princess herself?” - Ardent spoke calmly, picking his words carefully, hiding a threat in his voice. The letter didn't explain anything, naturally, but Destrier chapter, even though considered unfriendly, was known to REA in the end.

“The letter speaks of reaching Canterlot. Congratulations, you've reached it. I feel free to 'stand in your path' now.” - Ardent stood staggered after those words. He had no idea how to convince a simple guard to his words. Duty is duty, one must obey orders and take things literally. He hoped that there's somepony inside who could hear that little conversation in front of the doors. Or, perhaps, not everypony arrived yet. After all, Ardent's attendance was announced and everypony at the meeting knew who they're going to interact with...

Radiant Steel was in a frenzy. Here, all of a sudden, her mundane day to day life as a lowly private of the Royal Guard, content to work the dead hours of the palace guard night shift had been thrown for a serious loop. Canterlot was on high alert for some mysterious threat. The Garrison Forces were mobilized like never before. Captain Shining Armor has thrown up a magic barrier around the city. Everypony was stressed and emotions ran high. Radiant wasn't sure what to think. This sort of atmosphere, this sort of gravity, it had never existed in the still relatively short time she had been a part of the force.

Her father, Major Steeledge was so busy with it all that she hadn't been able to even catch a glimpse of him for days now. Her brother, a lieutenant with the Honor Guard's intelligence order had also been deployed to the field to unearth as much information on the threat as he possibly could. It was crazy. It was exciting. It was frightening. Radiant wasn't sure what would happen, all she knew for sure is that whatever it was, emotions would continue to be at their heights amongst the REA and affiliated organizations.

Just as that thought, crossed her mind, the sound of an argument reached her ears:

“Nopony is allowed into the building.”

“You dare to oppose the will of the chapter, and, ultimately, Princess herself?”

“The letter speaks of reaching Canterlot. Congratulations, you've reached it. I feel free to 'stand in your path' now.”

Radiant was just a private, so she had no real place butting in, but she was also a very opinionated young mare. Sometimes she just couldn't contain her emotions and urges to speak her mind. What she could see was another guard arguing with a pony in non-standard armor. It wasn't hard to discern that he was of the Destriers, that antiquated order of knights that had long outlasted it's usefulness. Radiant shook her head. These ponies were seriously interfering with REA business in this very real emergency?

"You there! The authority of your order is not recognized by the REA!" Radiant started in a commanding voice. "We ask that you comply and move along. This situation is under REA control. Your presence is unneeded here!"

In the midst of this threat, the REA Recruit Training Depot: Canterlot had been mustered to provide additional security, the recruits being conscripted into Royal Guard squads for the time being. Of course, the Drill Instructors still had to keep these recruits in check, and the dozen or so instructors could be seen wandering the streets, keeping an eye on patrols that had their greenhorn soldiers in them.

One such Instructor was of course none other than Master Sergeant Reveille, making sure that everypony, recruit and guard alike, were on their toes and performing properly. But what's this? A few guards standing around and harassing some random knight? That was a few guards that could be doing something productive instead!

"We ask that you comply and move along. This situation is under REA control. Your presence is unneeded here!"

"I think I'll be the judge of that, Private" he addressed Radiant as he approached the group. Of course, this was not long after the guard had thrown the letter to the ground. Picking it up, he had just started reading it as one of the guards tried to explain: "Master Sergeant, we were just g-" "Shutchermouth, I'm readin'" he interrupted sternly.

When he was finished, he just looked up t the knight. "What's your excuse, Sir Gripes-A-Lot? What are you doing here?" He assumed, from the letter, that he was sent to help assist in the crisis, though felt he should hear it from the Destrier himself.

Edited by Imagination

((I'm kinda questioning why Lighting would be here at this point, but again in the last episode it was implied the wonderbolts were military (military jacket Soarin was wearing at the end - going by that for Lightning's rank too since they're both part of the core-6 and neither is leader) so...))

Another voice spoke up, this was was smooth and warm "why dont we all calm down a little" said the light-blue pegasus as he stood and walked over as well "We're all on edge and anypony who is willing to help defend the city is a welcome addition" he said "After all, how would you feel if we lost canterlot to an invasion by a single pony, because you chose to turn away help?" he asked, looking between the guards and the others who had spoke up against the Destrier. He smiled at the newcomer, a suprising gesture given the other's reaction "Captain Lightning Streak, REA areal division" he introduced himself, not bothering to explain he was a wonderbolt, since at the moment that might do more harm than good, considering many might akin them to actors and say they had no place on the battlefield, despite their training.

Strife walked down the chaotic streets, re-reading the note her captain left for her easier said then done, I'm no diplomat why did he send me? Strife stumbled down the streets and eventually arrived at the building, looking up at it, she swallowed, and looked at the arguing group of ponies, not interested to join in on the madness, until she noticed that one particular pony met her eye hmmm, he seems odd, and why is he arguing? since when do civilians bother with guard duties, shouldn't he be at home? seeing that her fellow guards had that covered, Strife decided to lean against the side of the building and wait for the other lunar guards that were supposed to come along with her, she had to do the talking in the name of the lunar guard, were it to come to that.. this confused her, normally her captains orders were so precise, but now.. it seemed like even he was poorly informed by the princess...

Ardent held his ground. It wasn't the first time he had to deal with REA, and for sure it wasn't the last time either. Unfortunately for him, his presence did not remain unnoticed by outsiders, as he heard words directed at him, in so familiar intonation...:

"You there! The authority of your order is not recognized by the REA! We ask that you comply and move along. This situation is under REA control. Your presence is unneeded here!"

Before Will managed to respond, he heard yet another pony speaking:

"I think I'll be the judge of that, Private"

That sentence forced Ardent to turn his attention towards its receiver. A young mare, moreover, a private, was trying to order him around? He couldn't hide a slightest expression of contempt appearing on his face, as he observed her. In normal circumstances, he'd answer her directly, but there was enough tension in Canterlot already. It was enough somepony else turned her down.

"What's your excuse, Sir Gripes-A-Lot? What are you doing here?"

Pegasus turned towards the second pony, undertaking the most neutral face he could afford. A white stallion, standing out with his clothing from the guards. Ardent wasn't sure what role did he play in REA. Before he managed to think about it, he heard yet another voice. He was drawing too much attention, and it was starting to annoy him slightly. It was a light-blue Pegasus speaking, presenting himself as Captain Lightning Streak in the end.

“Ardent Will, brother apothecary in Destriers chapter, currently acting as an ambassador of their will. An honor to meet you.” - Will presented a shallow bow before the Pegasus. It was rare to meet anypony remaining neutral to Destriers these days. - “But... 'on edge'? 'Loosing Canterlot to an invasion'?” - he quoted his words in raised voice intentionally, turning his attention to young mare who tried to scare him away. - “Is this what you call a situation under control?” - he asked her with serious voice, while piercing her with eyes. Afterward, he finally turned back to an earth pony who asked him questions directly. Will noticed a letter in his hoof, and whipped it immediately, hiding it in bags again.

“I'll take that, thank you.” - he stated, before answering his questions - “As long as I respect REA authority in the very heartland of our kingdom, I am not a subject of it. Therefore, I feel no need of explaining myself at all. My orders are simple. I act as a representative of our chapter during this special day, but, more importantly, I am to contact the chapter in case if any disturbance appeared. It is our duty to protect the royal family, whether you like it or not. The chapter has undertaken some... special precautionary measures for few past and nearest days.” - Will allowed his voice to suspend for a moment during the last sentence. He wasn't sure if the command would be glad if he uncovered their plans. Moreover, he was sure REA wouldn't be happy at all if they heard about actions undertaken by the chapter.

"I think I'll be the judge of that, Private"an all too familiar voice started, causing Radiant to freeze up.

It was one of the drill sergeants. Not too long ago, when she was still just a cadet, that voice had scolded her all too often. Radiant hadn't expected to ever hear it again. Sure, it had been replaced with her superiors and there would always be her father to yell at her if not them, but there was something about how the drill sergeants scolded their cadets that was particularly harsh and memorable.

"Yes Sir, Sergeant Reveille, Sir!" Radiant started, stiffening up backing off and trying to appear dignified.

"Why dont we all calm down a little. We're all on edge and anypony who is willing to help defend the city is a welcome addition. After all, how would you feel if we lost canterlot to an invasion by a single pony, because you chose to turn away help?" another pony arrived and spoke. He was slightly familiar to Radiant somehow, though she couldn't place it. He went onto introduce himself as Lightning Streak, and he was nothing short of a captain by rank.

This confused Radiant. Somepony of such a dignified and important rank was so careless with his words as to talk in such extremes? Shining Armor had instructed the force to act calmly and tell any civilian who asked that the situation was under control. Here was this pony speaking as if they might lose Canterlot at any moment. It didn't seem like proper protocol for an REA captain at all, even if Radiant didn't know much about the Aerial Division.

And sure enough, it was Captain Lightning Streak's words that stuck out with the Destrier. "But... 'on edge'? 'Loosing Canterlot to an invasion'? Is this what you call a situation under control?he asked, looking at Radiant. She in turn looked toward Lightning Streak.

"If I may be so forward as to ask, Captain Sir; perhaps things are different in the Aerial Division then here in the guard, but given the situation, isn't proper conduct not to raise alarm when dealing with civilians?" she asked, stiff, trying not to be too critical of what was a much higher ranking member of the force, even if she was entirely convinced she was in the right.

"And this pony, despite whatever antiquated organization may count him in its numbers, is still a mere civilian," Radiant finished, as she stared back over at the Destrier.

• 2 weeks later...

Reveille just scowled at the Captain, though that wasn't so unusual. It was practically the unspoken job of senior enlisted to babysit officers after all. With Lightning Streak being a Captain, Reveille was somewhat positive he could take care of himself. But, of course, Private Radiant did have a point. Oh yes, he remembered her. He always seems to remember a select few from each training group, and Radiant just happened to be one of those select few. Not that that was a bad thing. After graduation, the instructors always made a note that they were brothers and sisters in arms now. Of course, with all the craziness going on, Reveille had to put down his iron hoof in a situation he normally didn't. This is the fate of Canterlot that was being threatened, after all, as the Captain had mentioned.

This was something he actually liked to see, though: A subordinate questioning a superior if they feel they are in the wrong or something needs clarification.

The Drill Instructor rolled his eyes, taking an assertive stance on this little meet-and-greet and speaking up. "We're going to get nowhere flapping our lips around, but if you're going to respect REA authority, Destrier, then you're going to answer my question" he told the knight matter-of-factly "I ask again: what are you doing here? Why do you need to get in this building? If it's so important, I'll get this blockhead at the door to move and send you on your way. If you don't want to tell me, I'll assume it's not important".

With that he waited, keeping an awaiting gaze on the knight and blocking out everypony else for now. Like Tartarus he was going to be ignored again.

Edited by Imagination

"Well, it sure is not to see nopony's over-reacting" quipped Streak with a roll of his eyes and a surprisingly jovial grin. No doubt others would question whether he was taking any of this seriously... and any of those who knew him would know that as long as he was being jovial everything was good, but the moment he got serious, that meant the horseapples had hit the fan and he was ready to loose all of tartarus... "If the situation were really that dire I wouldn't be smiling" he said with a chuckle "Always best to keep the worst scenario in mind, good sirs, prepare for the worst and hope for the best" he smiled "What's important is to remain calm and deal with whatever comes in a dignified matter, always meet death with a smile on your face" in his own head streak was laughing hard, even HE knew that sounded insanely cheesy, but it would likely lighten the mood and shift doubt from this new arrival to himself, he didnt know anything about the new pony, but streak knew that he, as a wonderbolt, was more than capable of taking criticism and doubt.

Strife was growing impatient rather quickly by all the commotion she heard, she couldn't really miss it anyway, the doors weren't open yet and she had no where else to focus her ears, she decided that perhaps she could play the innocent act and just ask what was wrong, but somehow she felt that she might just make things worse, so she declined that act in her head for now, just listening to them.

"I ask again: what are you doing here? Why do you need to get in this building? If it's so important, I'll get this blockhead at the door to move and send you on your way. If you don't want to tell me, I'll assume it's not important".

well said, Strife thought as she smiled in her head that should rap things up.. but it could make them worse she scratched the back of her head with her hoof on that thought, and decided to just set her mind to what she would do in her first meeting, it was rather all new to Strife, having been thrown into the Lunar guard rather quickly and un-prepared, especially for something like this, she never expecting civilians to try and get inside, or was he from something she didn't know?

Ardent raised an eyebrow, listening to a private scolding a captain. He started wondering if REA treated discipline between their soldiers seriously, because what just happened was at least... ridiculously pathetic. If she could only undertake Destrier trainings, she wouldn't even dare to talk unasked. Naturally, he caught her words concerning his persona, as well as picked out her stare. Will let out a short laugh, followed by a sentence: “This looks more like a family than an army.” - words thrown into wind floated away.

He calmed down nearly immediately though, and turned towards earth pony in front of him. “So, a sergeant?” - he wondered, with serious face. Obviously, the one called Reveille, was a lot more reliable than others around. Will tried piercing him with eyes, but he only felt he stood in front of a mirror. His eyes widened a bit. It seemed this certain soldier wasn't going to drop the topic that easily. Will's thoughts raced - “How much should I tell him? How much CAN I tell him?” - he asked himself in mind. He was ordered to cooperate, but at once issued command to keep discretion concerning chapter's proceedings. He decided to start his answer neutrally:

“As you know, Destriers swore to serve and protect Royal family above all else and respond only in front of them. I believe I don't have to explain that today there's yet another member of Royal family, princess Cadence, present in Canterlot. We all know what kind of day it is.” - he threw a fleeting glance at private mare. What he said so far wasn't a secret, but he started wondering what he'd have to say to irritate her. After all, he was just a mere civilian, he shouldn't know certain things - “The main reason for me to be here is to observe if no complications occur. The order was issued due to the fact of threats directed towards Canterlot lately. Our chapter took those seriously, as it's the very heart of Royal family. I was ordered to attend a crisis meeting to be held inside that building, in order to have a conversation concerning mentioned threats.” - he kept staring at sergeant defiantly. Ardent wasn't going to get intimidated that easily, he was a Destrier after all. He was used to hostile attitudes. Especially in Canterlot.

He recalled Captain's words now. That Pegasus first weaved an illusion of danger hanging above the city, and later explained it was nothing more than his personal feelings towards the situation. It annoyed Ardent to some extent that he got caught into such a simple word trap. It was probably what triggered few more sentences from Ardent's side: “Though mark my words, my explanation is only a sign of my good will, not an obligatory. I respect your authority, but respond only in front of my superiors and Princesses themselves. Therefore I'd be glad if you could put your subordinate down, as I'm not going to take orders from her, nor you, either way.” - Will regret his words quite quickly. It for sure wasn't going to ease his cooperation with REA, therefore he indirectly ignored his orders. Stallion's face became bitter, what probably didn't help the situation as well.

Radiant watched the situation unfold and listened. Sergeant Reveille seemed quite direct and competent in his dealing with the Destrier. Radiant was fine with him mostly handling the discussion. Captain Lightning Streak continued to act a little less professionally than his rank should allow. Radiant was beginning to become suspicious as to how somepony could reach a distinguished rank like Captain with such an unprofessional attitude; she wondered what unit he belonged to within the Aerial Division.

Then there was the Destrier, evidently here for some kind of crisis meeting. Was such a meeting even scheduled. Radiant supposed she wouldn't really know. She was beginning to calm down a little, when he suddenly said some words that really set her off.

“Though mark my words, my explanation is only a sign of my good will, not an obligatory. I respect your authority, but respond only in front of my superiors and Princesses themselves. Therefore I'd be glad if you could put your subordinate down, as I'm not going to take orders from her, nor you, either way.”

"And that is exactly why the REA has no use for that order of yours! You say you "respect our authority" then offer us nothing but disrespect. We are the law of Equestria, acting in Her Majesty's name! You of your order seem to think you're above us an the law we represent!" Radiant shouted, stomping her hoof. "It's insulting!"

• 2 weeks later...

Reveille listened good and hard to what he had to say. It would make sense for the brass to try and hold some kind of little meeting, as if it would change anything. But what he was surprised at was the fact that the door guard wasn't informed to let him through ahead of time if he truly was invited. There was something fishy about the whole thing to the Sergeant... then again he was probably just being paranoid. Though he had to agree with Private Radiant, the fact that the knight bothered to travel there at all either said he truly wanted to help, or the Order was trying send him as a 'See? We did something' sort of formality.

After a long stare-down from the Master Sergeant, Reveille finally looked behind him at the door guard. "Well what're you waiting for, blockhead? Apparently Sir Gripes-a-Lot has a meeting to get to". As the guard complied, the Senior Drill Instructor gave Ardent a very stern look, almost going nose-to-nose with him. "If I find out you're lying to me, knight, your order's gonna have to pour you out like a dinged-up can of beans" he warned, giving his armor a rap with his hoof *ping* to emphasize his 'tin can' point.

With that, he stepped aside, waiting for the knight to enter. "Private, stick with me unless you have somewhere to be". It never hurt to have backup. "Captain, you're welcome as well, if you so wish". Of course, he had yet to pay mind to the lunar guard observing the situation. Was she going to join them as well? Hey, at this point why not? The more the merrier right?

Edited by Imagination

Streak smiled "That's quite alright, I think we can squeeze him in without changing the seating charts too severely" he said "in fact I believe the seat next to mine may be avalible" he explained, a subtle hint that he trusted the destrier and didnt seem to trust the others... or was it the other way around? did he trust the others and want to keep the destrier close in case something should happen? Perhaps Lightning was following the old adage 'keep your friends close and your enimies closer' it might be possible there was some solid military method to his madness...

"Well, it seems we managed to get that Ironed out finally" he said "Perhaps now we can continue with our meeting" he said, returning to his assigned seat, as he did, there did seem to be an air of seriousness settle around him, though he still appeared bight-eyed and amiable, he knew the situation was serious, but he also knew how to approach people, and nopony could say that his approach to the door problem had been anything but amicable, kind, open-minded, and logical, true perhaps he had acted less that sterling, but honestly, he wasnt in it for the reputation, all he had to do was put on his wonderbolts flight suit and he'd have all the reputation he'd need for a lifetime, and most of it a tartarus of a lot more genuine than anything he'd get fromt he military... "I dont know about the rest of you" he said, standing again "But I am here for one reason and one reason only, that is to ensure the safety of our home, I'm not here to further my reputation, I'm not here to feed my ego, and I'm not here to make friends, if any of those things come, they are added bonuses" he smiled a little "but first and foremost, I am here to ensure the safety of equestria, and I hope you all are here for the same" he said, hoping to have drawn everyone back to the topic at hoof...

Strife eyed the guard over as he stepped aside to let the 'knight' in, she then looked at the drill sergeant again "Private, stick with me unless you have somewhere to be" she let a sigh of relief go, if Radiant was here too, she was probably just here to overhear the situation.

she turned around and walked in, hoping to find plenty of her comrades, looking around, she found none, feeling like running away Strife was just about to turn to the door no my comrades count on me to represent us here! she walked over to her appointed seat, and sat down, looking at all the other ponies in the building, it was all a bit un-nerving to her, but she was more then able to keep that hidden, after all her captain and her comrades counted on her, she just hoped it would be something like a voting and not somekind of political speech. This brought up even more concerns in Strife's head, what if she DID have to say something? just say the Lunar guard are willing and able? she dismissed the thought quickly, deciding she'd think of that were it to come to it. she picked the note from her armor's pocket pouch and re-read it to kill time, and maybe find a hidden hint from her captain.

• 3 weeks later...

[OOC: Back in action!]

The whole situation was slowly starting to remind Ardent of a circus. A pony with whip, represented here by Reveille, subduing dangerous animal, Radiant, with a slight suggestion of clowns in the background, gloriously represented here by Capt. Lightning Streak. Oh, and of course, there was an audience too. One of Lunar Guards, standing aside all this time. Will somehow assumed it was the most wise thing to do. Don't interfere, it's not your problem. Destrier wonder what role does he play in this 'Circus' of his... but, at least, it seemed that sergeant managed to remove that stubborn guard off the way.

One thing mildly shocked Ardent though. Capt. Lightning Streak didn't hesitate to enter the building, after throwing a few sentences with intention of calming Will and others a bit. Will was more than sure that there was nopony from the Aerial division listed to attend the meeting. Had he gone to the wrong place? Impossible. The command would never be mistaken in such an important matter. "Cursed REA must have changed the meeting set-up in last minute..." - that was just a flash in his mind, but it seemed to fit perfectly. Although Will was rational enough to understand that, under these circumstances, he couldn't whine about it. In the moment in which Lunar Guard has gone inside too, Destrier calmed down a bit. He remembered there was, in fact, somepony from LG listed. Perhaps it was just his silly imagination reacting to the current situation.

Given that, Will noticed he remained outside with Reveille and Radiant. He didn't want to answer to these two in front of neutrals, so the fact they remained alone pleased him. He had nothing towards an earth pony sergeant. All that will saw was nothing more than strict carefulness, but, at once, not connected with irrational paranoia. Though Destrier couldn't allow himself to show any sign of weakness nor weak emotions, which would jeopardize his current image. Therefore, he turned to Reveille and acted more less the same way as he did just a second ago, though keeping his distance - "Our code of conduct and oaths would never allow us to lie, especially during somepony threatening our kingdom. Capt. Lightning Streak was right about one thing, it is my priority to protect our home, and I mark, OUR. But if you excuse..." - with these words, he turned towards private, who taunted him earlier - "...the only insulting thing I see here is that your law reaches no far than those cozy and comfortable walls of the castle itself! I can barely see any royal guards outside of it, unless Her Majesty needs to travel. And I NEVER saw a single guard between the trees of forest of Everfree, nor in different dangerous parts of Equestria. It is OUR order which takes care of society outside the Canterlot, on provinces mainly, excluding greater cities like Stalliongrad. But REA is recognizable, because you're official forces, and we don't blazon our activities between communities in need. But, as you can see, we also care for the castle itself, since we treat everypony on same level of importance." - even Will had his borders when it came to patience and insults. And implying uselessness of his chapter, which sacrificed itself purely for the needs of pony society no matter the costs and consequences, was a step tad too far.

Ardent didn't wait for those two to reply, it was really, but really hard to anger him, yet this time his blood was boiling. He knew he had to calm down, therefore he entered the room with haste and truly dangerous expression, taking his place near Capt. Lightning Streak, as suggested earlier. Destrier wasn't sure what may future bring, but he was certain of one thing... he had to calm down. Different ponies threw him some surprised and suspicious looks, but he didn't care. In fact, he had to turn his sight on somepony, and he chose the Lunar Guard. A vision of fully armored Destrier, nearly throwing lightning bolts from his eyes, staring at innocent Guard could be somewhat horrifying, but he didn't care this time.

Radiant turned the sergeant and nodded. "Yes, sir! I'll accompany you," she said to the superior ranked soldier.

She listened to what the Destrier said and felt her anger peak again. Did he mean to call them idle? Sure, the REA didn't send many forces to small or remote towns, but they mobilized quickly in the case that danger presented itself. They didn't have soldiers stationed in Everfree. Why would they? It was just needless risk. Yet if a threat left the forest and they heard about it, they'd respond to it as quick as possible. That's how it worked. They had field units throughout Equestria for that purpose.

She wasn't going to say anything on the matter though. The sergeant had told her to stick with him, and she wasn't going to break with the order and out speak further. She'd save her ire for this meeting she'd apparently be sitting in on. That in itself was kind of strange for her. She was a faceless nobody in the REA; she wasn't the type to go to meeting. She was actually kind of excited to see what it was about.

As she moved to enter the building, she noticed a familiar face nearby. Strife of the Lunar Guard was a pony she had met before on assignments. Most notably they had both taken a guard assignment at a Canterlot prison not too long ago. They got along well enough for the most part, so it was good to see a familiar face. Radiant nodded toward her and then followed the sergeant inside.