Starburst's Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala

Starburst

Advertisements have been posted all around Canterlot, and Winter has been successfully wrapped up, due to help from the Unicorns living within. Now it is time for the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala, a Formal dance similar to, but not quite as expensive or held in as large a foyer as the Grand Galloping Gala. The room is quite large for its size, but it is easily dwarfed in comparison by Canterlot Castle's Grand Ballroom. Its quite large, all the tea-shop furnishings have been molded into columns, a stage, snack, and beverage tables.

Tables are stacked with goodies, all baked by Starburst, the Hostess for this Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala. There are many pastries whose names are much too difficult to pronounce laden upon all of the tables. Special punch has been poured into the punch bowls, courtesy of the Apple Family and their generosity. Clear plastic cups are nearby to ladle punch into, and there's a large chocolate fountain, warm chocolate roiling over the edges, with many things to dip in the milky flow.

The spread on the snack tables is quite expansive. At least a few of everything you can think of sitting somewhere on one of the five tables of snacks. Cookies, candies, cakes, and desserts of every type line the tables. Chocolates of every shape and texture are aligned in floral arrangements on silver platters. Fruit cut into decorative, edible sculptures. Watermelons carved into flower baskets, apples carved into tiny animals, like ponies, fish, and even a family of ducks sits on the plates as well. Some exotic desserts from other parts of Equestria are mottled along the tables too. Crepes, Tiramisu, Strudel, and Millefeuille are marked on one of the tables and are desserts one is less likely to see without special accompaniment.

Starburst paces about inside the Ballroom, waiting for the first guests to arrive in her magnificently crafted dress, courtesy of the most talented dress designers in all of Canterlot. She has requested for the Minotaur "Iron Will" to take tickets for her event, and to keep ponies waiting to enter in an orderly line. He hasn't shown up, and Starburst winces slightly, biting her lower lip due to the unplanned imperfection. She was also expecting members of the Apple family to make an appearance in their formal wear sometime during the evening, since they made the punch.

She face-hoofs temporarily, realizing that the door to the ballroom hasn't been opened yet. She trots nervously over to the large line and pulls it, opening the large doors outward. After peering outside and seeing no-one she sighs with relief, as the Band hasn't yet arrived to play the event. She was expecting a four-pony orchestra, consisting of a Bassist, A pianist, a harpist, and a tuba. She even went so far as to prepare a piano for the Pianist. She sighs, pulling up a chair and a fan to cool herself down and to relax. Organizing a proper event was more difficult than she thought.

gallery_722_107_273571.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hollydashcharacter.png

Holly Dash brushed off her new dress nervously. She had never been to such a momentous event--well, it was no Grand Galloping Gala...but it was still a formal event. One of those? She had never been to. She had never met this pony--Starburst, it was--but the fliers and invites had been all over the place. She had done her fair share of wrapping up winter, so she thought...why not? She'd been making quite a bit of money, as ponies were desperate for some good fruit in this in-between season, and since the apples had yet to fully form for the summer, it was the perfect time to upsell her oranges and strawberries.

This dress....well, it was a cheaper model, but she had made just a few of her own personal modifications to it--removing the bow on the breast for want of a more identifiable marking--a stuffed strawberry she had sewn herself. It was quite plush, and looked cute--well...she thought so. Also, instead of the matching bows that had lined the dress's trim, she had pulled them and replaced them as well--with little strawberry-shaped beads she had found at a craft shop. She liked the dress. The fiery tones made her think of Gladwin, whom her heart was with this evening. He had said he had something important to do with his map-making business....she did not press the topic further, but trusted that he would do whatever it was he had to do.

It would be fine! She'd make some new friends! She grinned widely as she quietly made her way across the walkway that led to the doors. A pony in a beautiful gown, with flowing dark purple hair was just turning away from the doors, and as Holly looked around she realized...she was the only one here. Oh, well. Better early than late, she supposed.

She galloped up to the mare, in a very unladylike fashion, and of course, caught her dress ends with her hooves, and faceplanted into the hard tile of the dance floor, throwing her nicely styled mane--something that had taken her HOURS--askew.

She pushed herself up off the ground, looking up at the startled mare with an awkward grin, her chin a rosy red scrape "Uhh...um...." she rubbed the back of her head nervously, chuckling awkwardly, "Hi."

hollygalaoutfit.png

Ice Storm had been debating with herself for the past couple days. she had received the invitation for this 'Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala' a few days ago in the mail, and was unsure of whether or not she should attend. What if she ran into somepony she knew there? What if some of the very ponies that were responsible for her moving away and losing everything she had were showing up to this event? it was a formal event after all. Every pony that was of any sophistication would be going, which mean most of the hich class snobs would be showing up to it.

Ice Storm also thought about what a couple of her friends here had said about Canterlot though. That just because she ran into some of the rotten apples in the city didn't mean that they entire city was filled with snobs that couldn't care less about anypony who so much as gave them a glance with their eyes pointing in an odd directions. She let out a loud, heavy sigh as she stepped off the train. Against her better judgement she decided that she would give the City of Canterlot one more chance. She made no desired reservations for her stay, as if the weather was going to stay the way it was, she planned on spending her night in her Fillyhood park that she frequently stayed in when she lived here before. She thought that since she was going to be in town anyway, she might as well visit her old store, and the places she actually liked to go and see what they had done with the place.

She go into one of the hotels though just so she could slip into the little mares room so that she could change into her dress as night began to fall. She still couldn't believe that Rarity had sold her such an amazing dress at the price that she did. She would make sure that she would return the favor to Rarity as soon as she could. She was always very careful when she put it on, and this time was no exception. She made extra sure get it cleaned before tonight's event, and it looked simply amazing. At the very least they can't say that I didn't dress for the occasion. I never had the chance to own anything this fancy when I lived here before, she thought to herself as she headed towards the address on the invitation.

Once she got to the address that was on the invitation, she looked up, and then with a puzzled look, looked around. The ballroom was empty except for two other ponies. She looked at the address and the time that was on the invitation. She was at the right place and the time was right. At this point she immediately felt bad. It's a good thing I did decide to come.... Oh I can't imagine how the pony who is hosting this can be feeling at the moment... it looks like they put so much work into this, she said walking inside of the ballroom. "Hello?" she said reaching into her saddlebag and pulled out the invitation. "Who do I turn this into?" she asked with a smile hoping to help lighten things up a bit. She had already made er decision that she was going to try to be as nice as possible, and now seeing the turn out, she was going to make extra sure to be nice to anypony she meets.

IceWithherdress2.png

Starburst extends a helping hoof to help the clumsy pony off of the floor. "Hello. Welcome. It's a pleasure to have you here this evening." Starburst says curtly collecting invitations from the ponies, lowering her front legs in a small bow. "Can I help you find anything? H'or dourves?.. I apologize for the lack of entertainment at the moment. I scheduled a band but they don't seem to have arrived yet. The person collecting the invitations seems to be slightly tardy as well.. Hopefully they arrive soon so we can get this celebration underway. If you'll excuse me for a moment.. "

She trots up to the stage and steps onto the raised surface, she reaches for a photograph, places a fragile looking record onto it, and raises the needle, dropping it lightly onto the record's top. In a few short moments the room is filled with classical music.

Starburst sighs a bit and steps off of the stage trotting over to the punch table, ladling a cup of punch into a cup before sitting down at one of the tables. She takes a slight sip out of the cup and places it onto the pristine white tablecloth purchased for the occasion.

Ice Storm smiled when she walked into the room. It was so spacious and large! Something that she had completely forgotten about in the buildings of Canterlot. It did bring back memories for her. Her home here wasn't the largest by any means, but it was still decent. She did however like the compact spaces of Ponyville more. There was less upkeep involved. When she did step in, she was greeted immediately by almost a snow white pegasus with a long elegantly flowing purple mane and a dress that very easily could have rivaled some of Rarity's work. It was one of the most beautiful dresses that she had ever seen. The shading that went from the deepest of purples fading into a much lighter shade of violet as to match the coloration of her mane perfectly.

She stated her welcoming and asked if she could help find anything. Everything had been laid out in such a fashion that it looked like everything should be very easy to find. Ice could tell that this pegasus had put a lot of work in this, even more so than when she had first walked in. She also apologized for there being lack of entertainment at the moment because the band that she had hired hadn't arrived yet. She hoped that they would arrive soon and then placed a record on the phonograph and it filled the room with classical music. Music that Ice hadn't heard for a very long time. It please her greatly as it was the kind of music that she loved the most. While a lot of the newer music was okay, and she liked it. Her heart and hooves lye with instrumental classical. the moving melodic phrases that each different act of music passed through was just awe inspiring to her.

She watched the pegasus go over to the punch bowl and then sit at a table and she followed suit. She figured that she might as well say hi and be friendly. She might even make some friends here in Canterlot to make it worth her wild to come back here and visit more often. She poured her own cup of punch and went over to the table behind the pegasus and sat down, being courteous enough to not sit at the same table but still close enough to where she could talk to her. "I love how everything here is so perfectly set up! The decorations are just amazing! This must have taken you days to get prepared properly," Ice said in awe.

Dunder Blust had received an invitation to the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala. He couldn't imagine why, though. He had received one in the mail, perhaps everypony was getting one and he was just another pony in the crowd, but he didn't mind. It was formal, so there probably were going to be hay, rice, or beans like he was used to eating and instead there would be tables full of disgustingly large amounts of fancy treats. He hoped there would at least be the drink he hated he needed to moderate drinking: soda.

Dunder had manage to procrastinate getting a new suit until the day before when he realized his old suit was too small for him. His new black pinstripe suit with red shirt and red tie was packed neatly into his saddlebag. Of course, he had left his rapier at home. Dunder was bolting through the sky in hopes he would be early and get in quickly. He was also a pegasus and wanted to keep his record of never going on the train.

When he landed in the streets of Canterlot, a few blocks from the venue. He decided that he shouldn't go into a public restroom to get dressed, so he put on his suit inside of a hotel bathroom. The suit fit pretty well and it was comfortable for the price and materials were well made too.

He had been staining in line for a while now. His invitation was starting to fall from his mouth's grip when he finally turned in his invitation to get in. He was surprised to see that many ponies in the party. He thought less ponies would want to go to the Gala's little sister, but he guessed that a party was still a party. He knew that a party was still a party, and a party had food and drinks that needed consumption.

Near Ice and Starburst's tables, he began to cover a plate with a small amount of apple tarts. He caught a glimpse of a familiar pony. The hair style, color, and coat color could only mean one pony. He took a deep breath, a little shy for still being dressed in such foreign articles of clothing. He would greet her after he was done getting his food.

Starburst took a sip of punch while listening to this icy looking mare speak to her. She commented about the decorations and the setup, and Starburst nods. "This room is actually made from clouds. The floors are made of boards light enough to float on the clouds but dense enough to support a full-grown earth pony. I started planning about a month ago, all the sweets here have been freshly baked by me. I also sculpted the clouds and widened the room. With any change comes another, and soon after I turned what was a quaint little tea shop with a topside apartment into a spacious ballroom with a wide dining area. "

After her explanation she takes another sip of her punch, reaching over to a nearby table to procure a sample of her Strawberry Millefeuille, bottom wrapped in wax paper so that it doesn't require a plate to eat. She carefully unwraps part of the dessert and sinks her teeth into it. The Millefeuille is a dessert consisting of multiple layers of puff pastry, whipped cream, and custard. On the top is a layer of Fondant, with streaks of strawberry preserves combed over the surface. The puff pastry is baked to perfection, light and airy. The cream and custard roll over the tongue and combine with the strawberry to create a sensuous flavor.

She dabs her mouth with a napkin in a ladylike manner and proceeds to offer her guest a piece of the foreign dessert.

"Oh wow, an entire month!? It was definitely worth the time that's for sure," she stated giving her a smile as she said that she baked everything here herself and she sculpted pretty much the entire room out of clouds. "It's absolutely amazing. It makes me so glad that I decided to come back and give Canterlot one more chance before I forgot about it completely. Oh, but my manners, I do apologize, my name is Ice Storm. I don't know if you've heard of it, but I used to own the Frozen Delights in the high-tier part of the city," she stated plainly. she could have gone into more detail but this was a Gala. A place for Enjoyment. She wasn't going to go into any further detail about her situation unless she was asked, and heck, if this pony lived here there was a good chance that she had heard of her name at least through some of the trash talking the higher class ponies had done from the sector of which she lived in.

She watched as the pegasus reached over and grabbed a desert that looked absolutely amazing. When she was offered a piece of the desert Ice Storm Graciously accepted and peeled the paper back and took a bite similar to how the pegasus had done. "Oh... what is this? I've never seen, or tasted antyhign like this before. It's delicious!" she said happily. She did feel a bit uneasy considering that she had live in Canterlot for several years before moving away. She felt as if she was supposed to know about everything that goes on at a Gala even though this was technically her first one. As she waited she did notice another pegasus joining the Gala as well. It was Dunder! A pony she knew! She gave him a polite wave thinking that maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all. The last thing she wanted to do was make a fool of herself and she could only hope she was going in the right direction to at the very least make a good impression.

"That's called Strawberry Millefeuille. It's a foreign dessert. If you like that you may also want to try the Crepes." Starburst says, taking a sip of punch and finishing up what's left of her dessert. "While you're here be sure to enjoy yourself, alright? If you have any questions about what anything is feel free to ask as long as I'm not tied up in other matters."

Dunder ate a few of the treats, they tasted pretty good. At least, they were better than anything he could make. He couldn't bake very well, and he was glad that he could enjoy somepony else's baking talents. All the better because the treats were free. After washing down the food with some punch, he cleared his throat and looked behind him to Ice Storm. He waved politely back and he smiled at her. He couldn't believe his eyes how good she looked in that dress.

He trotted over beside Ice Storm and gave her a hug. "It's good to see you again, Ice Storm!" He said happily while still hugging her, "You're actualy the pony I thought I would be least likely to see here, and you're the only pony I know that I've seen so far!" Dunder added. He stopped hugging her and sat down at the same table.

Ponies started to filter into the event, intermingling with ponies they already knew and speaking to ones they didn't to learn about their background and career. Eventually two of the members of the aforementioned band arrive, and soon the phonograph is turned off and the sound of Harp and Piano music fills the air. Mellowing the atmosphere and the chatter with beautiful classical music.

Starburst squeezes her way through the ponies, apologizing for leaving so abruptly to Holly Dash. She offers Holly a warm crepe as a sort of peace offering for having to leave to attend to other matters. "In any case, I would like to thank you for coming to the gala this evening, and you're welcome to use any of the tables, and to dine as you will on the treats I've prepared. You're also welcome to have a bit of the punch as well. The apples used in the punch have been provided courtesy of the Apple Family in Ponyville."

Holly blinked at the pony. She had been all but lost in the quick and quaint chit chat between the two mares. It was certainly not her forte, that was for certain. Then suddenly....she was being talked to....addressed herself! The Apple Family!?

"The Apple Family? Shoot! Ya'll shoulda told me! Applejack's a close bud o' mine! Ah'll hafta tell 'er how pleased as well....PUNCH Ah was to try her apples in yer punch!" She grinned widely, and trotted closer to the table, raising the ladel and a glass with her magic, making sure to get one of the decor apple slices floating in the bowl in her own cup. She took a sip and licked her lips--all too unmannnerly, "Good stuff! Ah reckon the only thing that'd make this punch any better....."

She eyed Starburst with a cocked eyebrow, as though hinting, "Would be if ya'll had some of MAH fruit in it."

Starburst eyes the adornments on Holly Dashes dress, and directs her to the sweets table. To the large plate of Strawberry Millefeuille, and to the crepes with Strawberry creme filling. "Both of these desserts contain your fruit. I've made sure to represent many kinds of fruits for the palette here. Not everypony likes apples you know. And I'm more than enough of a Patisserie to incorporate multiple kinds of fruit into my confections."

Starburst takes another sip of punch, ladling a bit more into her cup. "And I didn't say there weren't other kinds of fruit in the punch. If there were only apples it wouldn't be anything but apple juice. You're free to drink as much as you want. If one of these large bowls happens to be expended I can always bring more of it inside."

Sighing, the milky white mare stopped for a moment before entering the room, pausing, as if slightly hesitant. She hadn't been quite sure whether to come or not, having tossed the idea about in her mind upon receiving the invitation, but ultimately, she had decided to attend. "At least, it could be fun after all", she thought to herself, and of course, the food would be excellent. That was her rationalization at least. Despite her inner turmoil, after a brief moment, and a blank stare off into the distance, she picked up her hooves and stepped inside, muttering a little under her breath in the process.

Of course, upon entrance to the event, and now under the public eye, she was nothing but smiles. Not like the kind of smile you would see on a beaming happy foal mind you, but the sort of slightly snobby half-smirk of pretentious sophistication. It was plastered across her face. Not that she was really all that snobby, she hated the snobs of the city in fact; it was more like a sort of social mask to fit in and obscure her true nature. She wasn't too sure who she would be meeting here.

Scanning the room, Fleur looked about. There were a number of ponies who were milling about the party, most she hadn't met, and her purple eyes drew gaze briefly to Starburst. Of course, she was looking rather lovely in her most extravagant attire. That pony had expensive tastes, and she could damn well afford it too. Herself? Well... She wasn't exactly known for favouring pony attire at events, preferring instead to rely on her natural beauty; hooficured hooves, luscious mane, and well groomed coat. However, the invitation had said formal attire required, and far be it from her to commit social faux pas... this time at least.

She had worn nothing too especially extravagant, defaulting to her casual eventwear; an expensive, but modest white, pink, and purple number with gold highlights. Of course she loved nothing more than attention, but at this event well, let's just say that personally, it was a little bit different at this party, and she didn't want to make too much of a scene.

Ice Storm nodded towards Starbust when she explained what the lovely desert was, adding that there crepes here as well and to make sure that she enjoyed herself as well while she was here. Ice Storm nodded and took a drink of her punch. Oh wow! this is really good she thought to herself. It was some of the best apple punch that she'd ever had. When Starburst mentioned that ti was made from the apples from the Apple Family in Ponyville, she immediately knew why. "The definitely know how to keep a good Orchid that's for sure. Their apples make for the best smoothies as well," she said just audible enough for herself to hear with a smile.

Just as she looked around she noticed a familiar pony land at the doorway. It was Dunder! and he started approaching her saying hello. She waved happily back to him and when he got closer he added that she was the last pony that he expected to find here. Just over his shoulder though he saw another unicorn enter the room. It was Fleur. Ice Storm never got a chance to meet her when she lived here, but had a feeling that if she had, her opinion might have been different. Then again, it didn't take a whole lot to be the nicest pony in Canterlot. No, no... that's not the right way to think. Everypony here has been nice so far so I can't say that anymore, she thought to herself. "Yeah... At first I wasn't going to. Given my history in the Nobles district I was honestly surprised to find myself stepping out of the train station to come here. I don't regret it though. I think some visits are in order while I'm here as well. Just to see what they did with my old shop, and I can't come back to Canterlot without going to the park that I practically grew up in here. Well, where I spent my Fillyhood anyways. My foalhood was spent pretty much dealing with un-wanting parents and hoofing my way here from Fillydelphia," she said taking another sip of her punch and gestering for dunder to join her at her table. At least there was one pony here that she knew and could talk with without feeling awkward.

Holly was indeed impressed as Starburst showed her to the other table containing the strawberry dishes. She shoulda known! Of course! She remembered this pegasus! She was the one who came to her stall looking for several dozen strawberries--she had had to go back home and put together a special order. This pegasus certainly looked different when she was out of her fancy clothes...

"Aw, shoot! Ah knew Ah recognized ya'll from somewhere!" She magicked up a crepe and bit into it, getting a bit of whip creme on her face, which she quickly licked off,. She had the courtesy to at least swallow her food before she spoke again, though, "Yup! Them's definitely mah strawberries! Ah'd know 'em anywhere!"

She beamed proudly, and finished the remainder of the crepe quickly before turning to Starburst, "Thank ya very much for usin' mah fruit in such a fancy occasion, it's much obliged!"

Holly turned as she heard the light clip-clop of well-treated hooves enter the room. A very tall unicorn had entered the room--with an annoyingly smug look on her face. Holly, not the type of soul to judge purely on appearances, nodded her leave to Starburst and headed for the white mare with the pink mane, smiling widely, "Mighty fine to meet ya thar, miss!"

She extended her hoof companionably, "Ah'm Holly Dash. What might yer name be?"

Starburst nods to Ice Storm, smiling. "Nevertheless, feel free to eat as much as you like. I've made many extra trays of desserts than what is seen here, and I have more than enough to serve all of my guests."

Some of the other ponies at the event titter and whisper with each other upon hearing Holly's thick southern accent. The tittering only increases as she strikes up a conversation with one of the most popular actresses in Canterlot, Fleur de Lis. A silence falls upon the room, hanging thick in the air, the ponies waiting for Fleur to break the silence by saying something to the country pony.

Starburst glances over with more than a passing interest, propping her head up on her hooves, resting them atop the table. She takes a bite out of a crepe, licking the whipped cream off of her lips, waiting to hear the response, pursing her lips together with anticipation. Not many people knew about the relationship she once shared with that most famous of ponies.. and no one would ever know. It was likely a secret she'd take to her grave. But that never meant that she couldn't have some fun at Fleur's expense.

"Hmm?" Slightly distracted, Fleur blinked and looked towards Holly, meeting her gaze. "Bonjour, miss." It definitely seemed that the country pony wasn't from around here. That was fine though. "My name is Fleur-De-Lis... Je suis enchante." she said, bowing slightly in a casual manner. She conveniently left out the famed actress part. There was no need to boast. As well, it was socially refreshing to be able to mingle without the usual preconceptions of her character. ( Not that she didn't have a full hoof in creating them. )

Still smiling, she continued. "Please, tell me miss Holly, where did you get that lovely gown?" She didn't say this in a stuck up manner, careful to portray her words in a certain inflection, one of pleasant interest. Her slight air of smugness dissipated, and she seemed overall a little more genuinely amicable.

Rather than having the minotaur show up directly, a pony showed up instead - a red pegasus , to be precise, with a rather colourful mane and a rather dyed coat, holding his ticket. However, her attire was indeed formal, even if she wore a suit jacked more suited for a stallion than a dress. Neatly pressed, well-maintained, though unfortunately she moved with all the grace and comfort in it of a colt trying on his first shirt. It may as well have been a costume, really. Still, she had a ticket, as such had been provided to her by Iron Will, and notification that both she and the crate must be admitted before he would show up. With her, a crate came too, property of the Minotaur missing from the scene - and very plainly (not to mention genuinely) marked as such.

But, she did not do much to mingle. That was not what she was here for. She simply slunk along the sidelines, offering little in terms of conversation. The crate, of course, came with her, and as it was indeed Iron Will's property - a guest of honour, and one about to show up, if one was clairvoyant enough to see what was about to unfold coming. No looking in the box either - there seemed to be no opening, and it was indeed nailed shut for the time being, the contents well-encapsulated by heavy pine.

Once settled, the pegasus simply waited for a little while. There was very little she was allowed to say in concern of the box, but she had a few minutes to chill. No food, no drink for her, nor any mingling just yet. She was waiting for someone, and the box had everything to do with it. Iron Will would arrive when he was good and ready, his host would just have to be a little more patient. So, Ignition chillaxed with her big ol' box, and her stuffy suit that cramped both her style and her wings.

Dunder sat down at the table. He was smiling wide, so happy to see the blue unicorn mare at the party. He was always glad to see his friends, especially in a place where he was scared he wouldn't meet any. He listened to her talk about her parents and past... He didn't want her to get started on the subject as sad as that one. The Not-So-Grand Galloping Gala was a place to be happy, not reminisce in bad memories. He decided he should change the subject to something more positive.

"By the way, your dress looks beautiful, Ice!" He said with a smile. "Where did you get it? Because you look absolutely amazing with it." He said. He hoped to bring Ice out of the bad memories. He didn't want to see her sad, only happy.

After finding yet another invitation to fancy party, Mal had jumped on the opportunity to drag her coltfriend along. Her slinky black dress had been untouched since the actual Grand Galloping Gala, but it didn't seem any worse-off from the neglect. They arrived a little late, but Mal was unconcerned. She could really care less what these ponies actually thought of her, she was only here for the free food and dancing. Mostly the dancing, though she hadn't actually mentioned that part to Zephyr yet.

"Come on Zephie, don't tell me you're afraid of ballrooms, too." She grinned back at him and trotted up to the room, waving her ticket dismissively through the air, though there didn't seem to be anyone there to care. Disappointing, really. It wasn't everyday that she got invited to this sort of fancy party, so she would have loved to rub it in to somepony. Oh well, there was still time to make a scene.

She walked up to the refreshment table and poured herself and Zephyr Burst drinks, ignoring the chattering ponies. Dealing with snobby upper-class ponies would be much easier with something to quench her thirst, though she avoided anything that might be alcoholic. The music was something slow and lifeless, nothing she wanted to dance to yet, but that was ok. Dancing wasn't something she could just jump into anyway. She had to psych up for it. She trotted back to her partner and gave him a critical frown. "So Zephyr... do you happen to know how to dance?"

Just after Mal had brought Zephyr to a hospital after his unfortunate crash earlier in the day, she presented him with a flier to some fancy party. He tried talking her out of it, but Mal proved stubborn once again, and her argument wasn't one Zephyr was able to fight. A night out, free food, relaxation. She really only had to say free food and Zephyr was sold on the idea. Still, the fact that it was some fancy Canterlot party warded off most of his excitement. He had never heard of this Starburst pony.

He gave Mal a quick response to her prodding joke. "Just hospitals." Keeping his usual smile.

Zephyr stayed behind Mal most of the way, especially as the two got closer to this mystery party. Getting in was rather easy, there wasn't anypony there to even welcome them, though that didn't stop Mal from waving that flier. He took note of this, maybe it was a Canterlot custom he wasn't aware of. Upon entering and glancing about, Zephyr was surprised to see almost no one there. A sigh of relief escaped his muzzle, that left more food selection and a much less chance that he would run into somepony he didn't want to, such as that captain of the guard, Bonfire.

He let Mal lead the way as Zephyr felt he would just get into trouble if he wandered here. He didn't do well around fancy ponies, he knew he didn't articulate well and was afraid he'd say something unintentionally offensive. She led the two to the drink table, a very welcome choice as Zephyr needed a drink. He observed the drinks and the methods to obtain one, noticing they weren't very non-unicorn friendly. "How is anypony without a telekinewhatever spell supposed to pour themselves a drink?" He kept his eyes on Mal while he spoke, disappointed with this. At least Mal poured it for him or this could've gotten messy. It seemed she wanted none of Zephyr's complaints, asking her own question when she turned to him and pushing those concerns aside. It wasn't a question he really wanted answered so it was welcome. He took a step back, pondering the question.

"Dancing? Oh, I can't do that. I knew a pony who could dance really well, but I never did ask him to teach me." His right forehoof came to comfort his mane idly, giving him a moment to look around and find something that could change the subject off of dancing. "I'm much better with my wings and in the sky, despite my cra..." He spoke as his eyes circled the room, but stopped when he saw a very familiar pony. Perfect way to change the subject! "Hey, I know that pony! I raced with her in the Running of the Leaves a few months ago!" He glanced to Mal. "She came in third place, right behind me, she's pretty fast for a unicorn." He eyes returned to the other unicorn. "I could introduce you, she makes the best strawberries in Equestria, hooves down." He pointed a hoof to Holly Dash, who was speaking to a rather elegant unicorn. Quite a sight.

(OOC: Forgot to mention that Zephyr has a tracer bracelet on his left foreleg.)

Ice Storm watched the interaction between this Holly Dash and Fleur, and it was not what she suspected. The other ponies that said that Fleur was a very nice mare weren't joking. Ice wished that she had met her sooner. Like she had thought earlier, if she had met her before everything else had happened in the Noble's District she may have been able to look past some of the other antics the other ponies there had been up to. Ice decided to only give Fleur a friendly wave at the moment while she finished her conversation with Dunder. Heck maybe she would even come over and join in the conversation herself. Apparently no one else here in Canterlot remembered her name, so hopefully everyone had forgotten about her at this point so that she could start anew.

Ice turned to Dunder once again when he asked about where she got her dress. She gave him a teasingly 'are you serious' look as it was the same dress that she had worn to the party that she went to when she first moved to Ponyville. She let out a small giggle, "Silly, this is the same dress I got from Rarity a few weeks ago. And I know, when I first saw it I fell in love with it. I absolutely had to have it. The pureness of the white with the slightly aquatic colored gems made it look just like the ice and snow from my cutie mark. That and I was also awe inspired by the simple fact that I was getting a dress that was made by Rarity. I can only imagine if I had actually been able to afford a custom made dress, I don't know I mean, I don't think I could have come up with anything better than his myself," she said with a smile as she noticed more ponies finally starting to arrive to the gala. This was going to be fun!