Just another storm...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova was concerned about the mare sitting in front of the fire. He had not really been acquainted with her, and he had not learned her name. He walked into his kitchen and prepared some ingredients for a simple vegetable soup. It was very fast cooking, and after about 10 minutes, he returned with two hot bowls of it. He placed one down in front of her, and the other on his side. He could see her staring into the flames. "Miss, I am sorry to ask, but what is your name? I don't think I asked you before." He said trailing off. He had noted her beauty. Her mane and tail were a vibrant yellow color similar to fire. Her eyes also drew his attention, being no different from two rubies gleaming in the sunlight. He had caught himself staring and stopped, looking away to eat his soup, a visible blush on his face.

Nova rushed over to her side as she hit the wall. "By Luna, are you alright? You hit that wall very hard!" He helped her up, and made sure she was okay. "I'm sorry I scared you like that... I made you some soup if you want." He looked outside and saw the storm still ravaging the surrounding area. He noticed her slightly shivering, and realized he had not given her his name. "I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nova Wing. Please come here and sit by the fire, it will warm you up." He got under one of the down blankets he had brought, and he sat and wrapped it around the two of them, allowing them to share body heat. He blushed slightly as they both found themselves wrapped tightly together via the blanket.

"Nice to meet you Insanity" he said with a very noticeable blush. Nova pushed the bowl of soup he had next to him over to her. He was happy to see her finally calm down and relax. Nova noticed it was getting darker out by the minute, and his curse would start any second. He did not want to scare her, so he decided to speak up. "Uh... Insanity I don't want to scare you, but I have a curse that was placed on me as a child. When the night comes... well My eyes become like a cats... and I grow well fangs..." He said looking down.

Nova could tell he had scared her. He really wished that she wasn't scared, but it was an unfortunate reality. "Insanity, I won't hurt you when it happens. I am still the same pony you know, just with a slightly different look. I bet you didn't know I am that masked pony of the night everypony is talking about. This curse is also a gift, it allows me to see in the dark and help ponies that find themselves lost or in trouble." He said with a grin, two small fangs poking out under his upper lips, and his eyes becoming slits like a cat's or a reptiles.

He snuggled closer to her, feeling warmer as they stayed together.

Nova could feel her heart rate picking up, and it bothered him that she was terrified. He turned his head away from her, and tears began appearing in his eyes. He reminisced about his life, and how many ponies he had terrified with the curse. He tried to keep any sniffling down, but they came out anyway. He just hoped that Insanity wouldn't see him crying like this.

Nova felt Insanity lean up onto him and nuzzle him. "It is okay Insanity, it is not your fault you are scared. This curse.... just makes me look like one of those monsters out of a horror story. I have scared so many ponies with it that it bothers me intensely." He raised his head, meeting nose to nose with Insanity. He looked into her eyes and blushed imensely. He was unsure of what to do....his feelings right now were so conflicted...she was a beautiful mare, but she did not deserve somepony with a curse...

Nova backed away hurriedly, as he was embarassed to say the least. "I'm sorry... I did'nt know that we would bump noses like that...." Nova felt the rumble of thunder rip through his apartment, as Insanity cowered on the floor. Nova walked over to her, and offered the little bit of comfort he could. He held her in a hug and wrapped his wings around her. He stroked her back like one would do to a crying foal and said "It is going to be okay Insanity... I promise."

Nova felt Insanity let her motor functions go in his embrace. She was crying heavily, and he wiped her tears away with his hoof. He was unsure of what to do, so he kept hushing her and holding her tightly. He wanted her to be okay, but he was unsure what else he could do to help.

Nova heard a knock at the door, and he looked out the window. Two royal guards were waiting outside. Nova could not go out looking like this, not at least in the state he was in. He looked at Insanity with a worried expression. "Insanity, I think the royal guards are here to evacuate. I want you to go, I cant go out looking like the way I am. Get out of here, I'll catch up."

Fierce, a griffon who was walking around just minding his own business. he stop for a second. he blew his feathers out from his face. on each tip of his three large feathers were dyed in various colors to make a rainbow pattern. Fierce boarded the train he sat down near the entrance. he looked around. everyone else was in the train chart crowded close to him. except from a mare, insanity,in the corner. Fierce got up and went to the mare.

" hey are you okay" he asked

In the short calm that did exist, Nova put on a cloak that covered his eyes. Hopefully It would provide him cover to make it to the train. The pegasus galloped off after the train as it began leaving. He was able to jump on the back of the caboose, where he walked in. The ponies were mostly asleep, so he decided to move up looking for Insanity. He finally found her, and he sat down next to her, falling asleep with his cloak on and his green eyes hidden.