Vivid Red

Mane/Tail/Markings colour & Style:
Long, lightly curly moderate vermilion mane. Long tail

Physique:
Rather large for a female Pegasus, buff but not like a stallion

Cutie Mark:
Falling flaming meteorite

Origin/Residence:
Canterlot/Currently residing in Fillydelphia.

Occupation
: Officer in the R.E.A.

Motivation:
Adventure! Glory! Fame!

Epic adventure, Apple Cider, Stories about epic adventures and cider!

Dislikes:
Cowards, being made to stand still and arrows to the knee!

Character Summary:
Fire Walker was born and raised in the great city of Canterlot. Unlike her brothers or sister, she was born a rather weak and sickly foal. Being born a bit too early, she suffered from a severe case of A.L.D (angular limb deformity) and while that was eventually taken care of, it was still pretty painful for her to walk. When she moved, it was almost like she was walking on fire. Her father, a veteran in the Royal Equestrian Army named Brass Hat, was none too keen on having a weak foal in his brood, and while those with darker hearts would have sent the young Pegasus pony to live with an out of town relative or even a orphanage, he decided he would try his best to train Fire to be the strongest she could possibly be. Brass Hat was a fan of the 'tough love' school of training at the time, and encouraged his children to tease and taunt the younger filly. This, combined with his rather extreme form of physical and mental training did help the pegasus to become a stronger runner, and flyer, but it also made her into somewhat of a bully herself and she had a temper to match her name and fiery coat. She gained her 'cutie mark' one day while working through an obstacle course. As usual, she pushed herself to the limit. She had ran the course to beat the other fillies and colts that were running with her, and as she pushed herself to get through the rather daunting course, her body started to act up on her. Old pains found their way back into her leg muscles, but this would not stop her! Nor would the other competitors or the rest of the daunting obstacles. While she did not 'win' the actual completion, she did finish respectfully, and for that, she gained her cutie mark! This was of a flaming meteorite, which symbolized near unstoppable sense of determination.

As she got older, she decided she would join her father and siblings and would join the R.E.A. While by now, she was nearly free of pain and in rather excellent physical condition, she still knew it would be an uphill battle for somepony such as herself to be able to join such a brave group of ponies. When she reached the proper age, her very proud father signed her up for 'boot camp'. She did rather well during training and was near the top of her class when she earned her 'stripes'. Now she was ready to join the fighting ponies in the Royal Equestrian Air Force and defend her beloved Equestria. Unfortunately for her, all of Equestria was bathed in a rather lengthy period of peace. Still, the military was still needed. If she wasn't patrolling the streets and skies of Canterlot, she was looking after important visitors. While this was hardly exciting, she looked to the future. She heard stories about the dark creatures who existed in other lands, and there was always dragons! But the dark forces were not keen on acting on Fire Walker's behalf and kept to themselves, as did the dragons, so it was patrol and babysitting duties for the pony, and she was not pleased. During these times, she mellowed out a bit, which was rather helpful for her social life. While still very much a take charge sort of pony, a friendlier side of her personality slowly emerged while she was assigned on her 'watch' duties. She enjoyed the company of those she watched, and over the years she was able to meet all sorts of creatures from different lands, from zebras to griffons, and she learned a good deal from those who were willing to talk to her. As she further progressed in the Royal Equestrian Army, further career paths opened up for her. There were missions beyond the walls of Canterlot to be had. While they were hardly the 'Seek Ye Magic Do-Hicky' or 'Defeat this evil' type of jobs or quests, she did get to travel to other cities and towns to help train both young recruits and older members of the R.E.A who needed to 'skill refreshments'. And after dealing with the more traditional drill sergeants, the young mare, who was both fair, but firm to her students was a welcome change of pace. The friendly pony also made quick friends of many of the local officers she met over the years. As time went by, the mare's thoughts drifted away from her childhood dreams of adventure and shifted more into reality. Would Fire Walker continue down this path? While she did have her responsibilities for her duties and her friendships, would she forever give up her dreams? Only time will tell..

2z80zeh.jpg

Art by Pixel-Prism.

• Like 2

Just a quick question. Female guards. You don't see them in the toon, so are we safe to assume they only keep stallions on hand for this type of job?

Looking over your character, she seems like a pretty interesting guard, but there's some opportunities in here for expansion.

First thing is concerning her cutie mark. Since Equestria doesn't have any need of weaponry for war, cannons would likely never have been invented, and thus having one as a cutie mark would be meaningless, because nopony would understand what it is. Also, in addition to what it stands for, there should also be a story associated with how she earned her mark. What event in her life caused her to realize that her sense of determination is what makes her special?

The second thing is concerning her personality. As your character summary is, she is currently defined more by the events that have taken place in her life than by who she is. What would it be like to interact with her? What does she usually act like? What are her flaws? Answering things like these will help add lots of flavor to your character, and make her feel more complete.

Also:

Dislikes: Cowards, being made to stand still and arrows in the knee.

>arrows in the knee

*facehoof*

• Like 1

First thing is concerning her cutie mark. Since Equestria doesn't have any need of weaponry for war, cannons would likely never have been invented,

I don't know about that. We have seen cannons in the show before, yes, Pinkie is usually rolling one down the sidewalk, and it's a -party cannon, but I'm sure there are cannonball shooting versions. Just wait till we get a 'pirate' episode and you'll see nothing but cannons. (And parrots), and while this isn't G.I. Joe, there are weapons. The guards in the last episode were brandishing some pretty nasty looking blades. Spears? Halberds? Still, I'll take what you wrote in account and give her a cutie mark a little less violent, and probably easier to draw..Like a meteorite. And a BIG thanks for replying to my application. I've been RP'ing (Both via BBS and live, table-top) for ages and I've always been horrible-terribly no-good at doing 'character sheets'. I usually have a ton of ideas behind a character, but to write them down in a format like this. Ugh. I do fear as I add to this character sheet, it might be a bit cliche-ridden and slightly dark, but not too dark.

As I write this, and do a zillion thing about the house, I am wondering. What would they call "Boot Camp" in the REA? I know, there are 'boots' in the MLP universe, but it still seems odd. Hmmm.

>arrows in the knee

*facehoof*

Sorry. I have no shame! No shame! :sleep:

I don't know about that. We have seen cannons in the show before, yes, Pinkie is usually rolling one down the sidewalk, and it's a -party cannon, but I'm sure there are cannonball shooting versions. Just wait till we get a 'pirate' episode and you'll see nothing but cannons.

Pinkie Pie's Party Cannon is a gag item. It's just for show and laughs. :)

Not only that, but Equestria is a land of peace and harmony. A weapon as a Cutie Mark doesn't really flow with those themes.

The guards in the last episode were brandishing some pretty nasty looking blades.

Did they? Want to grab a screencap? ;)

Not only that, but Equestria is a land of peace and harmony. A weapon as a Cutie Mark doesn't really flow with those themes.

A canon or firerarm is one thing, but some types of weapons as cutie marks are okay though, right? I mean, I have two approved characters with bladed weapons for cutie marks, so I'd assume there's no rule against it or anything....

A canon or firerarm is one thing, but some types of weapons as cutie marks are okay though, right? I mean, I have two approved characters with bladed weapons for cutie marks, so I'd assume there's no rule against it or anything....

It kind of depends on the context... what your character does and their personality. Swords have also been shown in show, so we know they exist. Swords/knives are not always used specifically as a weapon or to harm another. It could be a smithing Cutie Mark, a pirate, a cook, or even a guard. Weapons are kind of a gray area when it comes to Cutie Marks. :)

Did they? Want to grab a screencap? ;-)

2wdae6b.jpg

Yeah, Equestria is a land of peace and harmony, but there's always going to be something or someone out there that wants to put an end to all that P&H. So you still need ponies with platemail & spears to keep that from happening!

I always encourage players with REA characters to do a bit of research into the military and learn about the culture that accompanies it. The training encompasses more than just warfighting; it's an entire system of organizing your thoughts, carrying out your day to day routines, and interacting with your fellow soldiers. As an adventurer now, the military life may not be as important to Fire Walker as it once was, but it will still leave its mark.

AppApproved.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...