[Ponyville] Trash and Treasures (open)

Mojo

150px-Too_smelly.png

Pigpen

201px-This_One%27s_Too_Old_2_S2E17.png

Mr. Waddle

sml_gallery_475_9_5395.jpg

Saddlesore

On a sunny morning in Ponyville, Mr Waddle is walking with Saddlesore, having a conversation.

"Why the long face, sonny?" the elderly stallion asked, "It's a perfectly wonderful day! Just look at the bright sun in the sky!"

"Bright sunshine will give ya sunburn!" the younger blue stallion with the blur cutie mark grunted.

"Oh come now, Saddlesore! Surely there's one thing on earth that makes you happy."

"Can't think of any thing like that right now!"

"I don't believe that for one minute! I'll show you that life can be fun! Look, over there! That pony looks very jolly!"

"You mean that gruff looking garbage pony? He's got the worst job in all Equestria! How in the hay can HE be happy?"

"Look for yourself, kido," Mr, Waddle said as Pigpen pulled his wagon behind him, emptying full garbage cans as he trotted and sang (To the tune of Pinkie Pie's "Smile" song):

"They call my name Pig Pen, and I am here to say!

I gladly walk the streets of town to take your trash away..ay..ay...ay!

I truly love my job, the scent of trash I smell!

I'll haul away your garbage and I'll clean your streets as well...

Because I LOVE to make trips to the dump... ump .. ump... ump!

And I LOVE to sort through all this stuff... uff ... uff .... uff!

I LOVE Trash, I just can't get enough ... uff.... ufff.... ufff!:

And Pigpen continued to sing, the flies buzzing around him began to 'buzz' in rhythm to the song.

"C'mon every pony, toss your trash!

When you do, it pays me cash!

How I love to get my fee, and take your trash with ME...EEEEEEEE!"

"EEENNNNOOOUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!" Saddlesore screamed, stopping the singing instantly.

"Oh, hi there Mr. Waddle! Who's the blue guy?"

"I'm Saddlesore!"

"Well, if you go see the town doctor, maybe he can fix it!"

"What??"

"His NAME is Saddlesore, Pigpen. You seem happy this morning, what's the occassion?"

"Big antique sale back at the Ponyville Junkyard today!" Pigpen bragged. "Got a lot of high quality merchandise to sell! Say, how about you two come along and I'll show ya what I got?"

"Sounds splendid, doesn't it Saddlesore?"

"I'd rather watch paint dry!"

"Good! I just painted a wall before breakfast, you can watch it to your heart's content! Let's go! I've finished with the trash collection for today!"

Within a matter of minutes, the three ponies were in the showroom of the Ponyville Antique Shop, nest to the Ponyville Junkyard. Mr. Waddle and Saddlesore looked upon many shelves filled with clean, quality merchandise as well as the other items on the sales floor.

"Have some coffee, dear friends, just leave me the grounds cause I snack on'm during the day!"

Mr. Waddle and Saddlesore looked stunned at that last statement. Pigpen walked up to the door and turned the sign on it to "OPEN".

"Time to make some bits!" the unkept stallion neighed as he waited behind the counter for customers to enter the store.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TurnTimber's ears perked up as she trotted about ponyville, she had heard someone say the magic words "Time to make some bits!" She snapped her head over in the direction that she had heard it come from and bolted over towards the shop.

She stopped at the door of the shop only long enough the flip her mane out of her face and attempted to hide her devious smile that she always wore as soon as the word 'Bits' was spoken. She nodded her head and then plunged into the shop not knowing what to find.

"An antique store?" She muttered out loud just loud enough to be heard by those around her in the shop. "Either this is my lucky day, or somepony is playing tricks on me!" She spoke again before she even noticed that there was other ponies in the shop besides herself.

"Hello there! May I ask who the owner of this fine establishment is?" She asked cheerfully, her grin restoring itself as she sized up the other ponies noting that none of them seemed to have any sort of long distance trotting training that she could easily out trot them.

"I must say, it isn't every day that you walk into an Antique store and see so many good looking items laying about! It really is a sight for the eyes!" Her tone was now more of flattery then actual meaning. To her there was a few interesting looking items in the shop but she was more worried about the odd jobs that the store owner might have if she simply....'asked' them.

Saddlesore and Mr. Waddle looked very stunned at the beautiful Earth Pony who was now in their midst.

"Why would a knockout like her ever come into a shop like this?" the grumpy blue stallion whispered to Mr. Waddle.

"Perhaps she doesn't judge a book by its cover," the glasses wearing elderly pony whispered back.

"I am the owner and this IS your lucky day ma'am! I'm Pigpen, and I'm having a sale on some of my best antiques! I'll betcha you're a seafaring pony, right?"

"How could you possibly know that?" Saddlesore asked in stunned disbelief.

"The smell of sea salt around her," the shaggy pony replied as he led TurnTimber to a corner of the store. "I know exactly what a pony of the high seas would want! Look at all of these! Folding telescope I recovered from a boat I brought in here two years ago. Nautical ship's compass, got that from the same vessel. I even have several charts and maps of islands too! Even got a boat anchor out back! Was THAT thing ever hard to bring in!"

"How could Pigpen's sense of smell pick up sea salt and miss his own.... stench?" Saddlesore whispered to Mr. Waddle as the blue stallion put his hoof over his nose.

"Hush now, be nice," the older stallion whispered back as Pigpen opened a large standing cabinet filled with shiny nick nacks.

"How about some decorations for your ship, ma'am? Small wall mirrors, even some paintings could brighten up any below deck rooms! If you have something in mind you'd like to see, just ask!"

Madam caramel Bistro was on one of her occasional trips to inspect coffee shipments in Manehattan and purchase the best batches of beans and cocoa for her chain of Bed and Breakfast Bistros (as well as visiting her parents).

The mocha mare was sitting on a bench at the Ponyville Train station and waiting for the connecting train to Manehattan when a conductor trotted up to her "I am sorry miss, one of the trestles are out up the line. a silly purple sea-serpent going downriver hit it in the dark and it will take a few more hours to repair. You have a 5 hour layover if you wish to get some sleep in one of the fine Inns here."

Bistro shook her curly cream and caramel mane ruefully "I really should have opened a location here too, but the local shop impresses me enough not to steal any busness from them. I shall use my time to explore the town, then return with time to spare. Thank you Mr. Chattenooga."

The mare in the fine burgundy Appleoosan dress opened her matching parasol and stuck it in the holder on her saddle, then set off down the street.

She soon found herself near an antique store that apparently just opened shortly before she arrived, as a group of ponies were entering the shop.

Bistro opened the door and sashayed in, her fancy frontier finery shining.

The mare took a minute to get used to the relative dimness of the shop and looking over the items for sale, and spotting a very messy pony at the counter. She looked him over in surprise, but had to conclude he was the owner. "Excuse me, do you have any antique coffee related items, or anything that might strike a frontier pony's fancy?"

HighRoller was trotting along the street, having just visited some members of a gaming group he was trying to foster here in Ponyville. He happened to hear a distinctly odious but seemingly friendly pony talking about antiques. This piqued his interest.

Ever the gamer, he imagined he might find something he could fashion into terrain for miniature gaming, at the very least, and he liked old things anyway. It was always enchanting to be amidst long-lost and forgotten things that once belonged to somepony else and imagine what they'd been used for and what events they'd survived.

Galloping eagerly towards the storefront, he slowed down and politely let a lady in lovely finery pass through the entrance before him. After she was through, he walked in, his hooves clip-clopping on the floor as he gazed in wonder at the surrounding treasures. Once the strong-scented owner was done speaking to the well-dressed frontierspony, he stepped up. "Um...excuse me...would you happen to have any, uh, old toys for sale?" he asked, cocking his head.

He hoped to score some vintage pony soldiers, but whatever he happened to have around would likely be interesting.

TurnTimber looked over to the blue pony, Saddlesore, with a glare that seemed to be as prim and proper as it did vicious.

"Do pardon me, but may I ask what you are looking at young stallion? I must say that I've never had so much attention from such handsome stallions in all my travels." She playfully blew a kiss towards Mr. Waddles, she did not ever insult or disrespect elderly ponies nor did she perform any wrong doing in the sight of one but she wasn't here to listen to idle chat, she was here to strike it rich!

"Oh why thank you, these are in fact just what I was looking for!" She said in a sarcastically happy voice as she adjusted her costume. She was after all in a town where somepony might notice her striking resemblance to the female terror of the high seas so she was currently in disguise as Port Sides, an innocent ship building pony with a talent for being charming and alluring. "Now, what is a big strong pony like you doing just selling antiques? Shouldn't you be out doing something that you love?" She then looked over at the two ponies who just entered the store and with a swift and gracious curtsy to them she spoke. "I'm sorry to be holding up the store owner for so long, he will be right with you after he helps me make a selection of his fine items." She grinned playfully and then turned back to the stack of nautical items in front of her, there HAD to be something work the risk in here. Pigpen was right, there was in fact EVERYTHING in this pile that had to deal with ships and ship building.

"Oh my, is that an original plank from the Gracious Sunrise? The one that was recently decommissioned by the Royal Navy? How did you happen to get your hooves on one of these? I helped build the ship and I didn't even get a bolt out of it." She said as she frowned, it was true, when she was younger she did help her father who had worked on that ship but it wasn't that she herself had actually done any work on it. She was still emotionally attached to the ship though and was sad to see it had been taken apart and used to repair the other R.E.N. ships.

Saddlesore and Mr. Waddle watched in fascination as more eager ponies entered the store. The usually grumpy Saddlesore smiled slightly and blushed a little at Turn Timber's compliments. Mr Waddle's eyes grew wide at the kiss blown to him by the pirate pony.

Pigpen was ever so excited about helping all of the ponies in his shop. First, he turned to Turn Timber.

"Please pardon me a moment, ma'am, I'll be right back to answer all your questions," the shaggy unkept stallion said as he rushed over to Madam Bistro.

"Glad you asked about frontier items, ma'am! I recent acquired some old wooden chests from a fine filly who just wanted to get rid of them. Imagine my surprise when I discovered they had some very rustic looking checkered dresses and bonnets in them! See over there on the far wall? All of those dresses, horseshoes, bonnets and gear came from those chests! And you asked about coffee related items? Next to the clothes rack is a genuine crank operated coffee grinder! Cleaned it all up when I found it in a condemned house I was asked to tear down last month. Also, I have a fine silver coffee serving set in the display case near the counter. Feel free to have a look around as I help this young stallion."

Pigpen trotted over to HighRoller as he pulled another wooden chest with his teeth over in his direction.

"Did you mention old toys, my good sir? It just so happens that I was given this lovely chest loaded with toys, games and puzzles both old and new! A strange pink filly set this chest out to the curb yesterday singing something about 'Out with the old, in with the new' and then told me to take it away. I also have some other toys on the selves next to that window. Have a look at them and I'll be right back."

The shaggy stallion rushed back to Turn Timber.

"Thank you for your patience, miss, and I am doing exactly what I love! I'm the Chief Sanitation Engineer for the entire town of Ponyville! And the beauty of this job is, I'm allowed to savage anything I can from all the discarded item I cart off! You'd be surprised what some ponies will throw away. Take that plank you're holding for example. Got that from a retired sailor's house that he was trying to sell. After he took all of the things he and his wife wanted to move to their new house, he let me have what was left over! That's where I got a lot of the nautical items I showed you earlier! I even have one of the original flags from the Gracious Sunrise if you'd be interested in it."

"I can't believe that gruffy looking stallion's so smart!" Saddlesore neighed outloud, impressed with Pigpen's knowledge of antiques and keen eye for spotting them.

"It seems you have sadly misjudged him," added Mr. Waddle with a grin. "Admit it."

"Ok ok Mr. Waddle, you're right."

Roller used his unicorn magic to carefully lift the lid of the chest that had been laid at his feet and couldn't suppress a gasp of wonderment. There were a lot of lovely things...both old and new, as the shaggy stallion had said. He levitated a wooden box out of the chest and opened it up to find lots of figurines of ponies! No soldiers, but lots of interesting items he could restore, paint, and display at his store.

Next he found himself examining a chess set. The best way to define the look and feel of the pieces was "abstract". He couldn't tell what they were made out of, and they were the typical white and black, except speckled with various colors, as if confetti had been embedded in them. Roller carefully made a small pile of things he wanted to purchase, allowing the other ponies to go about their business in the mean time.

[sorry, just realized I may have posted out of turn. >.< Is there a strict turn-order at play here?]

(OOC: Sorry delay, I hurt my hand yesterday)

Madam Bistro's ears went up on hearing about the many fine items. She happily pranced over to examine the antique clothing and what came with them.

The coffee mill and the silver service also looked in fine shape.

She rubbed her hooves together in joy "It appears i shall soon be planning on shipping some things back to my home, and my parents would just love this silver serving set..."

As she examined the frontier items, she looked to Pigpen "Excuse me, are the chests also available to see or have they already sold? If they are in decent shape I may use them to ship what I buy."

TurnTimber looked on in shock as Pigpen pointed to the flag.

"I....I.....How did....When did....Is that..." She couldn't talk straight and fiddled with her glasses and swished her tail. "How much for all of your items from the Gracious Sunrise? Every last piece." Normally TurnTimber would never part with any of her glorious bits, but this was one exception. Plus it didn't hurt that she was in disguise as Port Side who was a Naval Item Buff and knew the ins and outs of every single historical item in the R.E.N. history. "That, isn't just....A flag from the Gracious Sunrise...That is THE FIRST flag that they raised, EVER. They gave this flag to the original captain of the ship after he retired from the R.E.N. after seven years aboard the Gracious Sunrise. It then went on to be a leading blockade ship for the next several years before they decommissioned it and tore it apart to use its parts to fix up some of the other ships." Her excitement built as she noted the Celestian Sunrise on the horizon with the R.E.N. logo on the reverse side of the flag. This was the Commissioning flag for when they gave the ship its name. "My name is Port Side, and I can promise you all my business if you can collect more items like these. They are all as well in glorious condition!" She fiddled with her glasses some more and began to grin deviously wide. She then turned to the two others in the room that she had not introduced herself to yet.

"I am very sorry for holding up this expert of antiques, but I simply must have these items. There is no way around it anymore." Within a matter of seconds she had dived into the pile of items and fished out all of the ones from the Gracious Sunrise, four pieces in total unless he had some more.... exquisite pieces in the back. She was content with herself and started to tear up at just how amazingly lucky she was to have stumbled upon this. In Ponyville none the less, nothing interesting happens here, ever.

Pigpen was delighted at the success of his 'sale' today! He realized that all three ponies shopping seemed very anxious to buy, so the shaggy Earth pony moved like lightning to assist each one.

"Yes ma'am, not only are those chests available for purchase, but I also have a number of empty chests in a storage closet nearby. Got many of them from a savage operation I did in Canterlot a few months ago. Seems that a member of the Royal Guard got married and needed to get rid of a lot of items she had at the house."

Pigpen's eyes brightened as he rushed over to a box on a high shelf and galloped back to HighRoller.

"As a matter of fact, that same couple gave me this set of royal guard minature figurines. Seems they were in a toy box they wanted hauled off. I do believe the entire set is here and it's in mint condition."

Pigpen then rushed back over to TurnTimber.

"Well Miss Port Side, you might want to see the entire collection from the vessel before you make an offer for it. In addition to the items you see here, I did savage two of the original anchors, I keep them outside. Also there is one wooden chest full of memorimella from the ship in the corner over there. Feel free to have a look inside."

As the shaggy unkept stallion continued to converse with his customers, Saddlesore walked over to a keg he saw on the counter, grabbed a mug and poured himself a drink from its spicket. To his surprise, the blue stallion found it was delicious.

"Hay Pigpen! This drink's really great! What's in it?"

"My version of a hay smoothie, pal! Y'know, most ponies wouldn't use moldy hay in a smoothie, but I find it enhances the flavor!"

Hearing this caused Saddlesore to do a 'spit take', all over Mr Waddle.

"Oops! Sorry Mr. Waddle...."

Roller's eyes lit up as he was presented with the small boxed set of figurines. "Whoah...these will look really nice on display!" He levitated the box and examined it closely, finding no real defects except for a bit of peeling paint here and there. That hardly mattered, and all in all seemed to him to add to the item's charm. It didn't seem as if a factory had just churned it out moments before. It looked like it had character.

Using his magic, the blue unicorn carefully lowered the box onto the pile, before beginning to rummage through the toys a bit more. He found a couple more odds and ends, namely some crystal dice, and set them on the pile as well, closing the lid to the chest.

"I'm ready to make you an offer, whenever you have a moment!" he told Pigpen. On the pile were the miniatures he'd found himself, the strange, festive chess set, the dice, and the soldiers that Pigpen had dragged out for him.

Madam Bistro whinnied excitedly that the chests were still available.

"That will be wonderful Mr.... er, Pigpen. Is there anypony available to take what I eventually purchase to the train station shipping office?"

She took a pencil and pad from her saddlebag and wrote down what she wanted "May I see any smaller chests from that Royal Guard lot? I want to be able to travel with the Silver Coffee Serving set to Manehattan while the rest goes back to Appleoosa."

TurnTimber swished her tail about.

"I am pretty sure that it can not get much better then what it is. What else could you have? Perhaps relics from other ships of the R.E.N.?" She adjusted her glasses with a strange grin on her face. She was basicly in love with this pony, Pigpen, he had everything that would make her happy. R.E.N. relics, knowldge about R.E.N. things, and even what seemed to be an eye for good pieces of antiques. "Please show me all of the things you have from the R.E.N. I am a bit obsessed with their lore and history. I promise you that I can tell you any information you wish to know about any R.E.N. items if you ever have some that you are not sure on." She looked around not seeing anything else right in the area that was R.E.N. related. She swished her tail about and grinned happily. She flexed her stunning body a bit as she looked over at Mr. Waddles and Saddlesore with a dorky grin on her face and a slight blush. "Sorry about being so distracting today."

Mr. Waddle smiled at Turn Timber while Saddlesore gave a quick 'half smile' before he resumed watching Pigpen in action.

"Be right with you, sir!" Pigpen called out to High Roller as he turned towards Madam Bistro. "My other wooden chests are right over here, ma'am."

As the shaggy Earth Pony opened the door of a nearby closet, Mr. Waddle stepped forward.

"My friend and I will gladly help carry your purchases to the train station," the glasses wearing stallion said,

"WE will?" Saddlesore grumbled. "You gotta mouse in your pocket, gramps?"

"Now now, don't behave like that. A good deed is its own reward."

"Give me ONE good reason why I should help.." the gruff blue stallion snorted until he glanced over in Madam Bistro's direction. Seeing the elegant mare caused his eyes to open wide and a smile to come upon his face. "Er.. like I was saying, we'll be happy to assist you, ma'am!"

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!" Pigpen neighed to them as he turned back over towards Turn Timber. "Well Miss Port Side, what I have of the R.E.N. related items are over here. Most of what I have is from the Gracious Sunrise, but I do have some other naval things as well.

Pigpen opened another closet, gave it a quick look before yanking out a wooden chest with his teeth. He then opened it in front of the nautical mare.

"Here's what I have, I hope you can find what you're looking for in it. Pardon me, I'll be right back."

The shaggy, unkept pony returned to High Roller.

"Thank you for your patience, would you like to make me an offer now?"

• 4 weeks later...

Having split the shop owners attention in what seemed to be a four way tug of war TurnTimber walked over to the counter and lightly brushed past Saddlesore with a soft giggle.

"It seems to be that you are very busy Mr. Pigpen. I would gladly wait if it meant more time for us to....converse...about the R.E.N. items that you have." She let out a soft giggle again and adjusted her glasses that had no lenses in them. She looked over to the other ponies shopping in the store that day and looked at them all trying to gauge how truly interested in the items they were or if they were just here to score some cheep deals. It was obvious that she, herself, was here for both. At first she was here to maybe scrounge up some bits but it turned out to be nothing more then a small excursion into R.E.N. artifacts from a ship that her father had helped to build. There was only one way for this to end and that would be for TurnTimber to purchase them all and hang the Glorious Sunrise flag on her own ship. A symbol that would baffle and confuse some but bring great pride to TurnTimber knowing that she had attained not only a flag from the Gracious Sunrise, but THE flag that was used during its introduction into the R.E.N. fleet. She would most likely hang it in her Captain's Quarters either on her ship or in the pirate pony hideout since she didn't want it to be damaged, that and she didn't want the other pirates to know she was collecting R.E.N. items. True it was part of her disguise as Port Sides but it was for sure not an easy thing to unravel deceit about why she was collecting these certain items from the R.E.N. and not per say uniforms.

"As it stands I will be taking....I mean, purchasing all of your R.E.N. items that you have here from the Gracious Sunrise, it was a very special ship to me. But if you have things from other ships perhaps I could take a look at them when you have more free time." She grumbled a bit to herself and unhooked her bit purse from inside her jacket and placed it down on the counter. "So, how much will you be asking for all of the Gracious Sunrise items?" She let out of soft giggle but her face quickly flashed to an expression of pain as she even thought about using bits to get things even though these items tugged at her very heartstrings.

Noticing that the other customers in the store seemed to be browsing, Pigpen could focus his full attention on the mysterious Miss Port Side.

"Well ma'am, I do have some other nautical things out in the back warehouse, but since you're asking about all of my Gracious Sunrise items, tell ya what I'll do. I'll sell ya the entire lot for thirty bits."

Hearing this caused Saddlesore to do a 'double take.'

"Thirty bits?" the blue stallion whispered to Mr. Waddle. "All those items are worth ten times that much!"

"Apparently, Pigpen's more interested in making that pony happy than profit," the elderly stallion whispered back.

Roller furrowed his brow slightly in thought, then snapped back into reality. "How about...forty bits for all of the things in this pile?" he asked. He figured that Pigpen would be likely to ask for a bit more than the offer he'd made, which was why he was comfortable with going so low. He'd been too buried in his own contemplations to notice how little money he'd let the precious naval objects go for.

Madam Bistro smiled at the offer by one of the two stallions to help her with her purchases, and stifled a giggle when the one called "Saddlesore" suddenly changed his tune seeing her lovely looks. Bistro put an extra wiggle in her rump, making her skirt swish in a way to draw the eye.

Enjoying the extra attention, the mare eagerly examined the chests in the closet, choosing one with lavishly scrolled metal straps just right for the coffee service.

She pulled the chest out, looking at Mr. Wattles and Saddlesore. "Would one of you gentlecolts place this on the counter for me? I want to get that silver service packed up nicely. I am sure your shaggy friend will be happy with my offer." She winks "-and thank you both for offering to carry my purchases, I tip generously. I remember what things were like before I became successful and had bits to spare."

Pigpen walked over to High Roller and smiled.

"I won't take anymore than twenty bits for the lot. You really look like you want these things and will give them a good home, do we have a deal" the shaggy stallion asked. Meanwhile, Mr. Waddle and Saddlesore smiled at the words of Madam Bistro. The elderly pony looked away when the mare shook her rump while ths action caused the younger blue stallion's eyes to bulge out of his head.

"No gratutity is necessary for me," Mr Waddle said with a smile. "I've always said that a good deed is it's own reward."

"Speak for yourself, gramps," Saddlesore said with an uncharacteristic grin as he grabbed the chest with his teeth and maneuvered it up on top of the counter. "There you are beautiful.. er... I mean, ma'am. Anything else I can do for you?"

CadencepostBannerwithtext.png

Princess Cadance moved at a quick trot through Ponyville, giving a kind nod to everypony who recognized her but keeping her brisk pace so as not to get bogged down in traffic. She'd heard of an antique sale near the junk yard today, and despite her misgivings she realized that true treasures did have a chance of being thrown away. After all, weren't there plenty of legends about lost items of great value? As usual though, she'd forgone an escort or official transport and had arrived by train. There was just something about the Friendship Express that brought a smile to her face.

Soon enough she found the place, which wasn't hard considering the antique shop was just adjacent to the scrap yard itself. It seemed she wasn't the only pony interested however, as several others had already gathered to look through the selection. One rather... unkempt pony was speaking in knowing tones to a very pretty mare, so the alicorn busied herself with looking through the merchandise instead. If there were intact pieces of famous watercraft, who knew what else could be for sale?

Sidling to a back corner in an inconspicuous manner, Cadance began looking for old tomes or jewelry. Perhaps she could find a present for one of her aunts while she was here!

(ooc): Have to post now because.... Princess Cadance is here! WOW!!!! YAY!!!! (seriously, this is special, folks!)

When the elegant alicorn entered the store, one by one, ponies began to bow in reverence to her. The first to bow was Pigpen, who spotted her first, then Mr. Waddle, who recognized her next.

"Hay! What's going on?" Saddlesore asked gruffly before spotting Princess Cadance. Overwhelmed by the sight of royalty in front of him, the blue stallion's eyes grew as big as saucers, his mouth hung wide open and the only sound he could make was a loud stutter. "Th...th...th...th...th...th....that's the.... the....the.....the....the....Princess!"

"That's right, youngster," Mr Waddle giggled. "She's here!"

"Your majesty!" Pigpen neighed as he was bowed before her, "it will be my honor and pleasure to serve you! How may I help you today?"

TurnTimberBanner.png

As the gorgeous and lovely princess trotted into the store TurnTimber swiveled to gaze upon her. This is it, I'm going to be found out. I'd best take the deal and... She trailed off as she got lost in the princesses mane of how it swirled and bounced but stayed in perfect shape at all times. TurnTimber was jealous of how good the princess looked but that was one thing that Royalty always had was good looks. TurnTimber knew Cadence but she had never met her, all the things she knew were from reports that her cohorts had given her about the amazingly well groomed princess.

"I..." She couldn't even talk she was so entranced. She took her glasses off and pretended to clean them but anypony knew that there was no lenses in her glasses and they were just for show. With them on nopony would recognise her but if she took them off for too long somepony was bound to figure it out. She gulped as she put fifty bits on the counter and slowly backed up into the R.E.N. items.

"That...really is...Cadence..." She stuttered and mumbled to herself as she was in clear shock. Without even thinking she knelt down as tears started to come out of her eyes. In her own mind she had already been found out and must now start to repent for her crimes. Surely Cadence would show mercy and only lock her away in the Canterlot Dungeon for thirty years or so.

HighRoller had been about to open his mouth and confirm that the offer was indeed acceptable. However, the princess chose that moment to make her way into the store and his mouth remained agape for some time. Finally, he realized the stupid expression that was probably on his face and closed it.

As soon as he was over his initial shock, he bowed with the rest of them, lowering his head and closing his eyes respectfully. As soon as he deemed it "safe" to raise his head, he gazed at the princess in awe. She looked just as dazzling as she had at the open house he'd briefly attended. It wasn't so much that he was in awe of her as a pony, but that he'd never expected to see her here of all places.

Madam Bistro smiled happily as the chest was packed neatly and looked to the elderly stallion "Oh but surely you could at least buy treats for your friends from a tip, and that would be a good deed, right?"

She was standing by the items at the counter, looking around for Pigpen when suddenly the ponies around her shifted their attention to the door.

The mocha mare looked round in confusion for a moment, then her eyes were drawn to the bright, elegant colors of Princess Cadence, who had already made it past them to another aisle of the store. The only other mare in the room was already bowing in a state of utter shock.

Madam Bistro bowed in a courtly manner and smiled brightly. She had heard many great things about how the Princess loved to mingle with the everyday folk of Equestria. "Good day, your Highness. Pleased to meet you."