[Sweet Apple Acres] The Apple Family Reunion [Locked/Ended]

Hippo

Apple Fritter was walking around, looking at her cousin Applejack's trees, and everything she had set up, when, suddenly, she heard this behind her:

"Come Cousin Fritters! We shall dance!"

[colour=#00ff00]"We'll what now?"[/colour] Apple Fritter asked right as Red Delicious grabbed her. [colour=#00ff00]"What th'-?!"[/colour] Apple Fritter began as she was yanked away.

(This post is short on purpose to give QuickLime room to decide what she wants to do. :razz:)

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

A lot of ponies thought Apple Bloom was a little bit on the dull side. She wasn't. Not at all. On the contrary, she was a sharp filly who didn't let a thing slip by unnoticed, least of all when her mind was on the razor's edge of paranoia that only a little filly could possibly conjure up in an excited, horrified fantasy. The ghost that occupied Apple Pie had really done a number on her and as it bore itself deeper into her mind, it started to make an effort to mimic the way that a proper apple filly should talk. It wasn't putting anything by Apple Bloom, however. She didn't know Apple Pie very well but going from creepily proper to down-home country was so obviously an effort put on for falsehood that it only solidified Apple Bloom's suspicions. She had to save Apple Pie from this ghost!

She was about to answer the ghost's query as she continued her search for the paddle when Apple Pie promptly fell on her back and struck the classic dead dog pose. At that exact moment, her hooves caressed the paddle. With a feeling of security charging through her, Apple Bloom cautiously tip-hoofed next to Apple Pie, then poked her a few times for good measure with her hooves. Didn't want to risk having this silly ghost try to possess Apple Bloom.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hey, Ghostie, yer better not be tryin' ta mess with mah cousin Apple Pie. She's an Apple, an' Apples look out after one 'nother!"[/colour] She began confidently, almost sweetly, before pulling the paddle out and took it in her mouth before rearing up.

[colour=#ff0000]"Naw dooon' sqherm. Jus' say sil!"[/colour] She breathed through the paddle as she brought it down in the direction of Apple Pie's possessed noggin.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack listened to Caramel's response. She seemed to agree with Applejack, but then she got confusing talking about numbers and things. And if she could be honest, it lost Applejack completely. She did, however, hear the last part about Sweet Apple Acre apples being the best. Applejack grabbed a nearby apple tart and shoved it in Caramel's mouth, next to her already chewed up apple. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Darn tootin'!"[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack then saw Braeburn whisper to Caramel. Applejack wasn't deaf, she could hear it just fine. But she couldn't understand all the dialog. Somethin' about financial what-nuts and proposals for future development about selling pies or somethin'. Applejack couldn't digest it. She waited until Braeburn finished speaking before Applejack responded, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Eyup! Lots of fun ponyfolk in Appleloosa. I know, I've met them!"[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

apple_cider_posting_banner_by_jaelachan-d535apx.png

Apple Cider nodded at Applejack when she was finished with the game of horseshoes, coming out surprisingly well for her first time. Though Apple Cider knew it was nothing but beginners luck. Half of her throws were just lucky coincidences, and she's quite sure that she' had left a hole in a nearby apple tree with one of her pitches. She would make note of the game and maybe practice a little more so she could get better at the game legitimately instead of through strokes of random luck.

After Applejack and the rest moved off she headed to the refreshment table, sampling the various desserts and foods available. However, this WAS the Apple family reunion.. so it was pretty much assured that she was going to be eating some form of food made with apples as either a primary or tertiary ingredient. Apples were the fare here, and she was quick to sample a bouquet of cider from Sweet Apple acres as opposed to her own establishment. She sipped a cup of cider and let the soft brown liquid make its way over her tongue and throughout her mouth, closing her eyes and holding the liquid in her mouth before swallowing.

[colour=#00ff00]"Hmmm..."[/colour] she said contemplatively as she measured the sugar ratio in the drink, compared it to the many other types of cider she's had over the years, and then nodded in affirmation of its taste. [colour=#00ff00]"Not bad..[/colour]" she said, taking another small sip. She was a little disappointed in its bouquet, but it was still a step above her other competitors. If anything this batch suffered from being underaged... The amber liquid wasn't left inside the barrel long enough and never had the chance to absorb the flavors from the wood around it. It lacked some of the tang that a more developed cider would have. But that wouldn't stop her from smiling and sipping more of the liquid. Apple Cider was left to wonder exactly who in the extended apple family actually made Cider other than herself..

[colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"So Betty, how are things over on yur farm?" [/colour]Granny Smith asked her daughter. [colour=#00FF00]"We've always got plenty of things a-goin' on here, like the last Zap apple harvest and..."[/colour]

Granny stopped talking when she noticed something that struck her as very odd. A short distance away, Uncle Apple Strudel was still playing his Germane tuba and accordian music loud and off key, and yet, it was as if no pony outside of herself and Red Delicious even flinched. Usually when her well meaning but musically challenged brother played or sang, other ponies would be putting their hooves on their ears, complain, or run away. Today, that wasn't happening. Could it be that the rest of the Apple Clan had gotten so used to her bearded brother's odd musical talents that it didn't phase them anymore? Maybe they were all trying to be polite to him, who knows? In the meantime, Apple Strudel ceased his music playing for a moment and began to yodel.

[colour=#006400]"YO-DEE-LOW-EEEE-YO-DEL-OOO-EEEE!" [/colour]Apple Strudel yodeled out repeatedly in rapid fire fashion. All around, the various farm animals began to stir and make a ruckus over the elderly stallion's offkey utterances. Sheep were bleating loudly, cows were mooing louder than normal, even the pigs reacted with a mini stampede, some even breaking out of their pen and scampering around the yard.

[colour=#00FF00]"HAY EVERYPONY!" [/colour]Granny yelled at the top of her lungs, [colour=#00FF00]:"LOOSE PIGS! WE'VE GOT PIGS LOOSE IN THE YARD! GOTTA ROUND'M UP!"[/colour]

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

She nodded her head a few times as she talked with Apple Cinnamon but the conversation took a sharp turn when she asked if there was something on Bumpkin's mind. There was, in fact there was a few things on her mind but none of them were really that interesting to other ponies. She swallowed some of the Lemon Water that she brought and then looked over to Apple Cinnamon.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well mah dear cousin, there are a few tings on my mind but its not that I often like to talk about them. They are mostly about personal stuff like my crush or my garden. If'n ya want me ta talk bout 'em Ah'd be happy to but Ah normally don't unless the other ponies be wantin me to."[/colour] She nodded her head again as she heard Braeburn tell her that her cousin Big Mac also had crush on a school teacher pony also. Bumpkin had heard about Apple Bloom's antics with the love potion so she knew all too well what Breaburn meant by that, but it still sent shivers up her spine and caused a TON of blush to steak across her face. The topic of her special somepony was rather touchy still but she could always keep dreaming about it.

[colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah think that'd be a good plan, but you'd have ta get Big Mac to actually wanna talk ta me bout it."[/colour] She takes another drink of her Lemon Water trying to dodge the topic but still get the point out that its the same teacher pony that the two of them were into. But she knew that Big Mac more so thought of the teacher pony as just a friend rather then a potential Special Somepony.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie lay frozen on the floor as she watched with wide eyes as a piece of wood came crashing down close to her head, if she hadn't scrunched up at the last second in fear she would have been knocked out by it. At that Apple Pie jumped up back on her hooves and looked at Apple Bloom with a face that screamed bewilderment. It was one of the few times that she was showing her emotions, this time she felt that Apple Bloom had to know exactly what was going on.

[colour=#00ff00]" 'Ah'm sorry cousin, I'm not possessed or whatever you thought. It has just been rather bemusing lately thanks to the fortunes that Madame Pinkie had read for me, I am to find love yes, but she doesn't know wether it will be a Filly or a Colt. Nor did she know when I would find this love. It is hard to keep in high spirits when you get such muddled information about your future."[/colour] She took a deep breath and nodded her head a few times just for effect, her face now attempting to smile at Apple Bloom.

[colour=#00ff00]"I mean, I found your book."[/colour] She reached down and picked the book up out of the pile and placed it in front of her cousin.[colour=#00ff00] "I hope you are not mad at me or still wanting to hit me with that piece of wood. I am very sorry about all of this confusion." [/colour]She sighed again still trying to smile at her cousin.

Apple Bloom was never very good at baseball, what with the tiny ball being hard to hit. She preferred hoofball, where she could just run around and over her playmates. But her lack of skill at baseball would turn out to be a good thing as she missed Apple Pie's noggin by the narrowest of margins, slamming into the ground and cracking the wood ever so slightly underneath. Not a small feat, though Apple Bloom was too busy raising the wood up and struggling against gravity to give herself too big a hooves up. The ghost pulled itself up and looked bewildered, as if nopony else had ever tried to stop it. That sort of arrogance only made Apple Bloom angrier.

Then it started to speak, and Apple Bloom became confused. If it was a ghost, then being found out should have made it try something. Instead, here it was blathering about Pinkie Pie's prediction for the future in an embarrassing manner. Maybe it was using her own deep, dark secrets to try and make Apple Bloom believe it wasn't a ghost possessing her cousin. The manner of it was still odd, however, as if it couldn't decide what way to go. Still...Apple Bloom knew that if she was told she was gonna meet her special somepony but had information so vague, she might be a bit weird too. And Apple Pie was nothing if not a little weird. Apple Bloom lowered the paddle, unsure of whether or not she was conversing with a ghost or a confused cousin.

[colour=#ff0000]"Well..."[/colour] Apple Bloom lowered the paddle, her mind starting to increasingly fall in line with it being Apple Pie, [colour=#ff0000]"That's a pickle! AH dunno how Ah'd react if Pinkie told me somethin' like that. When'd ya have time ta go see her?"[/colour] Apple Bloom asked, only a tiny bit suspicious at this point. Just a tiny bit. Well, more like a tiny paddle but the point remained.

Apple Cinnamon, being a sociable as she was, knew how to read other ponies. It wasn't some magic like the unicorns she met had, but still it was a skill that was not to be taken for granted. It was clear through Apple Bumpkin's words and body language that what was on her mind she wanted to keep private. Still, it intrigued Apple Cinnamon when there was a mention from Braeburn, whom she talked to prior, about a certain special mare in Apple Bumpkin's life.

[colour=#006400]"Ah'm sorry to be eavesdroppin' on a pony. It's a bad habit ah'm tryin' to break. But ah' heard you have yer heart set on a mare Apple Bumpkin? If so, then ah' wish you the best with yer relationship with her. But ah' can see that this is a matter that is close to yer heart, so ah' won't pry further. Ah'm trying to find a special somepony mahself. Ah'm not lookin' fer one to 'complete me' as some ponies like to say. Ah'd rather love somepony that wants to love me completely. Anyway, besides that part of yer life, how are things?"[/colour]

Braeburn had a great big smile on his face, [colour=#daa520]“well ah reckon ah kin get Big Mac t’ come an’ tell us all ‘bout his crush, but why don’t y’all tell me all about yours first?”[/colour] He gave a small grin. [colour=#daa520]“Ah’m plumb tuckered y’all came t’me ‘bout it.” [/colour] Of course Big Mac was busy in an apple bucking contest with Pink Lady, but that only presented opportunity! He would just have to get in on that competition too, make a small wager, and win. Sure, Big Mac was bigger, but Applejack did most of the bucking on Sweet Apple, just as Braeburn did back home in Appleloosa; the goldenrod stallion figured he had the edge through his superior experience. He’d win, Big Mac would honor the wager, and tell him all about that schoolmare he be crushin’ on.

That train of thought was suddenly interrupted by his grandma screaming about pigs escaping. Well he couldn’t just such a situation stand. [colour=#daa520] “Hold that thought Cousin Bumpkin, gotta help w’the pigs first!”[/colour] Breaburn reared up and gave a good ol’ [colour=#daa520]“yeeeehaaaaa!" [/colour]He than suddenly galloped quickly to move in front of one group of pigs to force them to turn back towards the pen, [colour=#daa520]“here piggy, piggy, piggy, suuuuuie, suuuuuie!”[/colour]

RedDelicious.jpg

Red pulled his cousin close and started doing a jig with her, dancing even though the pigs stampeded around him “Cmom Cousin Fritter! Lift yer trotters yah!?” He exclaimed, moving her in a very well done jig, throwing in some twirls as well, he danced and danced despite the chaos, because if there was one thing that Red loved to do ? it was to dance like nopony was watching him, even when they were!...And even fi they’d rather him not dance…

He swung his cousin around wildly before chuckling and finally letting her go once he could feel like he was tuckering her plum out! “Was fun Jah Cousin Fritterz!?Would you like to take a bite of mein tart I made special?” he asked.

PinkLadyBanner.jpg

Lady was trotting next to Big Mac with her head up and ready to whoop his flank, but heard the sound of stampeding pigs, her first instinct taking over “Be right back !” She told her large cousin before charging into the fray right along side Braeburn, getting them from the other side so there was no room for them to run off “ SUUEEE! PIG PIG PIGGY!” She called out, keeping a tight squeeze on the flank “Somepony get ready to close the Pin!” She called out over her shoulder. Her hooves were getting muddy and that neatly styled mane was becoming wind blown and a wreck, but Lady didn’t care, because down deep in her roots she was a FARM PONY.

AppleBrownBetty-1-1.jpg

Betty was all set to answer her mother when the pigs got out, she would have stepped in but Lady and Braeburn seemed to be handling it on their own, and she figured the last thing her baby needed was for her to charge in and aid him after how she’d embarrassed him by saying her piece earlier, so she just went over and poured herself and her Momma a cup of cider, shoving the mug into Granny’s hooves and took a sip of her own cider… mhm there was nothing like the home fronts own sweet cider…

“Mhm the Farm is doin great Momma! Big Apple is really startten t’ bloom and prosper! I Reckon the haul for this years crop will be so fruitful that it’ll be enough to pay for a new plow and have money left over t’ send to Sweet Apple Acres for profit” She said proudly.

Apple Cider quickly hiked up her dress a little bit and quickly scaled a table until the uncouth swine ( the pigs of course ) were curtailed and corraled by the more experienced farmhands. [colour=#00ff00]"My word. Whatever would cause pigs to do such a thing?"[/colour]

ajbanner.png

[colour=#ff6600]And then suddenly pigs. Somehow the pigs found themselves out of their pen, which was securely fastened for the day. Applejack figured that either Uncle's tuba playing was so loud that it sent vibrations through the locks and unfastened them, or the pigs destroyed the locks in a feeble attempt to escape the loud tone. Fortunately, the pigs didn't seem to be going anywhere special, just running around making friends with the other apples ponies, despite whether or not the ponies invited them to play.

One of the pigs ran up to Apple Cider squealing his innocence as it knocked the pony down. Applejack saw it and threw a rope around the pig, keeping him restrained. But, she was not really sharing any urgency to get the pigs back to their pen. She knew they'd be back to their pen eventually. They were good pigs, you just had to speak their language. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Heh heh. Gee, Cahder, looks like he likes you a lot. Heh, heh."[/colour]

[colour=#ff6600]Applejack knew exactly what the pigs needed to coral them up. Food. She walked over to one of the tables of food and grabbed the table cloth and pulled it off so that the food on the table could be carried easily inside the table cloth. She then walked it over to the closest feeding trough and dumped all of the scrap food from the pot luck into it. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Soups on, little piggies!"[/colour][colour=#ff6600] The pigs started rushing over to where Applejack had put the food.[/colour]

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

apple_cider_posting_banner_by_jaelachan-d535apx.png

[colour=#00ff00]"Hmmph. If my dress gets any muddier I may have to leave. If this filth is given time to set I'll never be able to wear it again."[/colour] Cider says, looking at the pig with a mixture of disdain and anger. [colour=#00ff00]"Do you have something I can use to clean my dress? I shant be wearing it much longer."[/colour] Apple cider begins pulling off the beads in her mane and from her dress and begins taking off the individual pieces of her dress until she's wearing nothing but a choker with an apple on it. She removes a comb from one of the hidden flaps in the dresses petticoat and uses it to brush her mane. The comb also has an apple on it as well. She pulls her mane back around the front of her ear on both sides and uses the comb as a holder to keep the loose strands in place.

[colour=#00ff00]"There we are. I feel presentable now."[/colour]

All of the bustling activity taking place sent a warm glow over Mac for a moment as he watched the family's efforts in working together to get the pigs back into their pen - with everyone working together, it was easy to see why the Apples were renouned as one of the most hard working, most propserous and most dedicated farming families in all of Equestria. Nothing stopped them from doing what had to be done, and no matter how long any of them worked apart or away from the family, there was always a united front once they were all together in the same locale - the apple family stayed true to what family meant, no matter what.

He watched his cousin head off, deciding that he shouldn't simply get himself involved when so many were already seeing to it that the situation was contained and taken care of...and heck, for the most part it even seemed like most of them were making something of a game of it, which was a typical Apple trait.

Macintosh instead awaited by the tree designated for the challenge - she'd be back in no time at all, given the enthusiastic showing of everypony involved.

Braeburn felt great! Any excuse for physical outdoor activity was a good one, and although he didn't have that much personal experience with herding, he was more than willing to try; fortunately he wasn't alone as Pink Lady took up the other side of the mob of pigs and between the two of them were forcing to group of swine into a manageable group moving in the same general direction. [colour=#daa520]"Yeeeeehaaaaa Pink Lady! Ah reckon we have these critters jes' about corralled!! keep 'em runnin' in the same direction and ah'll get ahead of 'em!" [/colour]

Braeburn galloped a bit faster to get in front of the pack, ready to forcing them to turn back towards the pen, when he suddenly heard Applejack call out to the porkers that there was food for them. The pigs turned around, ignoring the two ponies trying to corral them to high-tail it back towards the pen. [colour=#daa520] "Well ah'll be! And here ah was all ready t'be a pig rustler!"[/colour] He was a little disappointed - he hadn't really gotten to show off - but at least the minor "crisis" was over. [colour=#daa520]"Well, Ah reckon the piglets have the right idea, Pink Lady, perhaps after a bucking' contest or two, we'll get our own vittles."[/colour] He still had his plan to challenge mac after Pink Lady was done, figuring to watch first to get a good idea how well Mac could do. Then he'd be able to lure him over for Apple Bumpkin.

1zq8oio.png

High above in the sky over Sweet Apple Acres, a certain light purple pegasus lazily glided about looking over the party below. She may have been a tad late, but Sugar Apple never ever failed to arrive at a party she was invited to; especially if said party happened to be a gathering of her beloved Apple family relatives. A few weeks ago, Sugar Apple took her first vacation to the land of Germaney. Absolutely enjoying her experiences touring Hoofenheim and the surrounding countryside, the pegasus hoped Grandpa Strudel and all her other cousins got a kick out of her photo album. That, and a small camera just in case, were all safely packed in her left saddlebag.

No visit by Sugar Apple would be complete without an offering of her homemade sugar apple confectionaries, all jammed-pack in her right saddlebag. To her satisfaction, the pegasus had managed to avoid snacking on a single sugar apple on her entire trip. Well… except for two of them… and not counting the one she was gobbling up right now. On the positive side, Sugar Apple acknowledged that normally she would have had eaten half of her treats by now. Clearly all that time spent at Candyholics Anonymous meetings was paying off.

Flying to the point where she’d be directly between Celestia’s sun and the gathering below, Sugar Apple dove down at a 90 degree angle to commence her standard Party Arrival Procedure. Extending her forehooves in front of her to pick up speed, Sugar Apple may not have the capability to break the sound barrier unlike someone like Rainbow Dash, but the wailing siren-like drone emitted by her near-vertical dive was no less exciting than a Sonic Rainboom… at least to the pegasus. This drone got louder and louder until Sugar Apple dove within a few hundred feet above the ground, at which point the mare pulled up and nosily buzzed past the orchard’s barn and right over all the guests and livestock.

[colour=#800080]“YEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”[/colour] Sugar Apple may have nearly blacked out from her maneuver, but she never grew tired of her Party Arrival Procedure. It always served as a handy way to let her Apple family relatives know of her arrivals, even it usually caused a commotion in the process. Slowing down, the pegasus turned around and flew back towards the barn, bringing herself down to land in front of it. [colour=#800080]“Sorry ah’m late, everypony!”[/colour] Sugar Apple cried out to everypony around; [colour=#800080]“Mah shift over at th’ weather factory ran a bit long today. So, where can ah put mah homemade sugar apples?”[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"YEEE HAWWW! Good work AppleJack!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted, [colour=#00FF00]"Good work everypony in roundin' up all them hogs!"[/colour]

Now that the runaway pigs were under control, the elderly mare could now focus on stopping her 'younger' brother from causing anymore unintended mayhem. To her relief, he ceased his ear-splitting yodeling when he stopped when he saw the winged Sugar Apple flying towards the group.

[colour=#006400]"Look up dere, Red!" [/colour]Apple Strudel shouted to his grandson, [colour=#006400]"it's Sugar Apple! She has come to join us!"[/colour]

To get her attention, the bearded green stallion immediately climbed up on top of a nearby picnic table and began shouting, jumping and waving his front legs high in the air.

[colour=#006400]"FRAULIEN APPLE! OVER HERE, MEIN GRANDDAUGHTER!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Git down off'n thar, ya durn fool!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted, [colour=#00FF00]"yur gonna fall and break somethin' ya need later!"[/colour]

Hearing Apple Strudel shout to her from a picnic table, Sugar Apple elatedly galloped towards her grandfather. [colour=#800080]“GRANDPA!”[/colour] she cried out as she jumped on top of the table (more precisely, she flew up there) and enveloped the old stallion in a bear hug. [colour=#800080]“It’s so great seein’ ya again! Just wait til’ ya’ hear about mah Germaney trip!”[/colour] Sugar Apple appreciated and loved all her fellow relatives, but the young mare especially cherished spending time with her dear Grandpa Strudel.

Noticing Granny Smith nearby, the pegasus beamed and waved at her with a hoof, keeping her other foreleg wrapped around her grandpa. [colour=#800080]“Howdy-doo to you too, Granny! Ya’ doin’ fine, ah hope? Oh, can ah set mah sugar apples here?” [/colour]So far, it looked like this family reunion would be just as fun as always.....

• 2 weeks later...

Braeburn walked up to the waiting Big Mac and smiled, [colour=#daa520]“say, Cuz’, after you and cousin Pink Lady do a round of competitive buckin’, perhaps Ah kin have a go! Of course, we’ll have to wager somethin’, otherwise it wouldn’t be as interestin’, but what?”[/colour] Braeburn pretended to ponder what to wager on as he rubbed his chin with his forehoof before holding his forehoof high as if he suddenly had an epiphany. [colour=#daa520] “Say! If Ah win, cousin Mac, y’all have t’tell Bumpkin and Ah all about this schoolteacher y’all been seein’”[/colour] It seemed like a fair bet - if Big Mac had a Apple pride, he would accept, and Braeburn was confident he could win through his better experience over his cousin’s strength.

Braeburn’s attention was drawn to Sugar Apple’s flashy entrance - only an Apple would want to make such a grand entrance to a family event, and the pegasus mare didn’t disappoint whooping and hollering on her way down. Braeburn loved to see those relations of the pegasus and unicorn variety – they brought new ideas and viewpoints to the family. Braeburn gave a friendly wave and holler, [colour=#daa520]“howdy thar, cousin Sugar Apple![/colour]” He’d never actually met her before, only heard of her, but it seemed like the neighborly thing to do to take that first step.

After much deliberation Apple Pie came to a complete blank. She looked off into the distance for a few minutes before recollecting herself and shaking her head.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well I was in town for the weekend visiting Pinchy, she and I have become great friends and I was even invited to a sleepover that was amazingly fun. If that is even allowably possible."[/colour] She pondered that for a moment not sure if she was actually allowed to have fun or if she broke some hard and fast Apple Family rules about Family Comes First Then Work. She let out a soft sigh and attempted to refocus herself yet again.

[colour=#00ff00]"In any other sort of event I would have stopped over but I was too busy making sure that she didn't burn the world down or somehow cause a rare species of spider to take over Ponyville."[/colour] She let out a soft sigh and extended her hoof out to Apple Bloom.[colour=#00ff00] "How about we make some sort of agreement that we will never put a colt between us or what have you since we are most likely the best cousin pairing there ever has been!"[/colour] She said in a sort of excited tone trying to make Apple Bloom get excited too for what reason that Pie had no knowledge of either, it just seemed like a good plan for now.

Finally reaching it's destiny, the train [colour=#008000]Greenshot Apple[/colour] had been in reached Ponyville. He was eager to meet with the rest of the Apple family, cousins of which he had not seen in years. He could not remember the last time he came to an Apple family reunion. Unfortunately his folks could not come on account that they were so busy in Canterlot, but they told him what he needed to know to get to Sweet Apple Acres.

Coming up into Sweet Apple Acres, Greenshot saw a lot of commotion and ponies about. He did not bring anything with him though he had his bow miniaturized underneath his mane in case anything came up. He looking down at his front hooves then back at his tail making sure he looking nice and tidy while thinking about what to say. Until he said out loud in a Canterlot voice, by habit, "[colour=#006400]Howdy Do.[/colour]" He was confused for a second, what made him decide to say howdy do. He never said those words together before.

Apple Bloom quickly went from wanting to smack Apple Pie alongside the head because she was probably possessed by evil ghosts to wanting to smack Apple Pie alongside the head because she kept on speaking in such a weird, weird way. What did allowably possible even mean? Why did she talk so funny? The fact she spoke in such a patently absurd fashion was more of a story than her reason for not coming over to see Apple Bloom when she was with Pincy. That wasn't what Apple Bloom had meant, but she was willing to let the increasingly odd filly off the hook. If only because she was starting to have a hard time following her, odd talk and all. And she was too close now to knock on the head. Apple Bloom shook her hoof, less than convinced and obviously slightly confused. How had she made a friend in Ponvyille when she lived all the way on the frontier with Braeburn?

[colour=#ff0000]"Yeah, sounds, uhh, just dandy Pie," [/colour]Apple Bloom wasn't planning on seeing any colts anyway so considered it a safe bet. She then giggled and nudged her on the shoulder.

[colour=#ff0000]"Now what in the hay did Pinkie Pie tell ya?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]

GrannySmith1WithText.png[/colour][/colour][/colour]

[colour=#006400][colour=#00FF00][colour=#00FF00]"Hello Sugar Apple! Good to see ya agin!" [/colour][/colour][/colour]Granny Smith shouted before directing her attention back to her bearded brother. [colour=#00FF00]"Now git down off'n thar before ya fall off!"[/colour]

Uncle Apple Strudel was so delighted to see his flying granddaughter so much he didn't hear a word his other sister said. The bearded stallion hugged Sugar Apple tightly.

[colour=#006400]"It is so VONDERBA to see you again!" [/colour]he neighed as he released the hug. [colour=#006400]"I hardly ever see you vith your vork in dee clouds und all! I am so proud of you! I am so proud of ALL mein grandchildren!"[/colour]

So filled with glee, the elderly stallion danced on the top of the picnic table until his hind hoof 'missed' and he began to fall.

[colour=#00FF00]"STRUDEL!!!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted out as her younger brother began to topple downward.

1zq8oio.png

[colour=#800080]“Aw shucks, Grandpa!”[/colour] Sugar Apple responded to her grandfather’s praise as started dancing on the table. Witnessing how Strudel disregarded Granny Smith’s pleas to get down, the pegasus watched with concern as her grandpa lost his footing and started to fall. On impulse, Sugar Apple quickly flew and caught the old stallion in her four hooves before his wobbling turned into an unpleasant fall.

Setting down Grandpa Strudel on terra firma, a giggling Sugar Apple jokingly scolded the bearded pony; [colour=#800080]“Ah reckon yer better off working on yer yodelin’, Grandpa!”[/colour] Heading back towards the table, the mare continued speaking while setting down her saddlebags on it; [colour=#800080]“Well, here are mah one-of-a-kind frosting-covered sugar apples. Now don’t git in anymore trouble Grandpa, ya hear?”[/colour] Waving goodbye to Strudel and Granny Smith, Sugar Apple trotted off to mingle with the rest of her family.

In no time flat, one of Sugar Apple’s relatives shouted a hospitable greeting in her direction. The pegasus recognized the stallion as cousin Braeburn; she heard the the stallion was one of the leading settlers over at the frontier town of Appleoosa. As much as Sugar Apple didn’t want to admit it, she had never met Braeburn in person before. It always seemed that no matter how well she knew her own family, Sugar Apple wound up meeting a never-before-seen cousin or aunt with each family gathering she went to.

No matter though; Sugar Apple swiftly flew over to Braeburn and greeted him back while hovering in the air. [colour=#800080]“Howdy, cousin Braeburn!”[/colour] the mare hollered; [colour=#800080]“Ah hope the weather ain’t too bad for ya’ on over at Appleoosa!”[/colour]

• 2 weeks later...

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack heard the swirly windy noise of Sugar Apple arriving. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, I'll be a dried apple core sittin' in the shade. It's a flyin' Apple!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack galloped over to where Sugar was, being hugged violently by Uncle Apple Strudel. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Howdy, Sugar! Welcome to the farm, and the family reunion. Where are you from again? Tell me about your works!" [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack sat in the grass next to her, excited to hear a story from growing and selling apples from a pegasus point of view. In a way, Applejack was jealous. Imagine how much more work she could get done if she could fly around.[/colour]