[Sweet Apple Acres] The Apple Family Reunion [Locked/Ended]

Hippo

Apple Cinnamon was busy meandering around the farm taking in the sights. She grew upon a farm, but never was she on one that was so large! Seeing the place made her wonder is her life would have been different and if she would have had a different cutie mark had she never found the fiddle. Maybe she wouls still be farming. She couldn't tell and it was no use dwelling on the past.

The pony then heard somepony yelling and ran to see who it was thinking tht some Apple member was in trouble. Instead she saw a new pony entering the farm.

[colour=#006400]"Oh hi there! Mah name's Apple Cinnamon. What's yer name?" [/colour]

Braeburn decided to leave the pair alone for now, giving Big Mac and Pink Lady the space they needed for their contest, after all he wouldn't want any pony to distract him while he was "in the game", no matter the competition. Well, he could always see if he could get Bumpkin to share about her special somepony again.

Sugar Apple’s arrival momentatily distracted him, though - not only because she was a pegasus relative, but mostly 'cause she was eager to talk about good ol’ Appleloosa! Well, of course she did, she was an Apple, and what Apple doesn’t want to hear about his wonderful home?! [colour=#daa520]"The weather? Well, y'all know how it kin be on the frontier. Not everything in th' sky is peagsus monitored, so we get those freak storms that wander in from the west, or over the mountains from the Everfree. Lost a few trees that way, but we're a hoping with the new railroad bringing more settlers that we'll start seeing a real number of pegasai around, and perhaps even ah own weather patrol at last. That'd be a real blessin' against the weather, and even those occasional griffin pranksters and their waves of fog." [/colour] The griffin pranks were rare and mostly harmless, but it could be annoying when you couldn't see your hoof in front of your face. Braeburn came between Applejack and Sugar Apple, putting his forehooves around them and giving them a big ol' hug with a big ol' smile, [colour=#daa520]"glad to hear y'all so interested in good ol’ AAAAAAAPPLEloosa!!”[/colour]

He left the two mares be and returned over to Apple Bumpkin, who still sat at the main dinner table; all the more urgent 'cause of his growling stomach. Braeburn grabbed a couple apple fritters and carried his plate to where his cousin Bumpkin was still seated, sliding one in front of her with a broad smile. [colour=#daa520]"So, y'all seem eager t' tell, who's this special somepony that has mah Fillydelphian cuz' so twitterpated"?[/colour]

• Like 1

1zq8oio.png

Setting herself down on the ground, Sugar Apple listened intently as cousin Braeburn described Appleloosa’s weather. For most ponies, talk about the weather amounted to nothing more than idle chatter to pass the time before more interesting or pressing conversation subjects arose. Things were different with the purple pegasus though, being a weather factory employee and all. Having experienced (and helped create) Equestria’s weather for a good portion of her life, Sugar Apple had to a certain extent displayed curiosity whenever the subject of uncontrolled weather came up... something that most ponies rarely faced in their lifetimes.

Regardless, Sugar Apple perked hearing the news that the desert town could get its own weather team up and going in the future. [colour=#800080]“Ah hope y’all’ have good luck findin’ new pegasi, Braeburn!”[/colour] the mare cheered; [colour=#800080]“Eff’n ya evah need a weather pony in th’ meantime, jest gimme a yell an’ ah’ll come a knockin’ when ah can!”[/colour]

Braeburn then took his leave, giving Sugar Apple the opportunity to catch up with her cousin Applejack; [colour=#800080]“Thanks fo’ havin’ me on over, AJ! Ah’m fum Cloudsdale, remember?”[/colour] Emphasizing her point, a giggling Sugar Apple comically extended her wings. [colour=#800080]“Ah work at th’ weather fackor’y, so ah ummm… don’t do much of ennythin’ wif apples, really.”[/colour]

For a moment, Sugar Apple appeared downcast over the fact that her life was relatively apple-less for an Apple pony… only to suddenly fly up and gleefully exclaim; [colour=#800080]“Unless ya count mah special homemade sugar apples coated wif sugary-frosted fineness!!! Ah’ve brought some wif me today; ah’ve set them down on thet table over thar!”[/colour] Pointing to the table with her saddlebags, the pegasus beckoned to Applejack; [colour=#800080]“Come on an’ try one!”[/colour]

With a look of complete bewilderment as to her cousin's choice of words Apple Bumpkin simply looked on at Braeburn.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Well, um, yes, I would like to talk about her but I don't rightly know if she has the same sort of feelings for me that I have for her..." [/colour]She let out a soft sigh and inhaled a lot before she let out a flurry of words at Braeburn.

[colour=#a52a2a]"HernameisCheerileenadIthinkthatsheisthemostamazingmareintheworld.Hermaneisgorgeousandsheisaschoolteacheraswellaseasyontheeyes. Sheiseasygoingandwellmaneredanddoesn'tseemtogetmadeasyaswellassheevenbringsherclasswithherforfieldtripsandletshtemexploreandventurearound. OH and if I didn't mention it, she is cute too..."[/colour] Bumpkin let out a sigh after she finished her small rant her ears pinning themselves back as she now just blathered her entire secret to her cousin Braeburn who could no easily tell every single Apple.

Bumpkin let out a small giggle as she replayed her words that she just machine gunned at Braeburn and then went wide-eyed as blush struck hard across her face. Had she really just admitted that she found Cheerilee Cute, Adorable, Amazing, Fantastic, Irresistible, and even Entrancing?

(The rant spaced out if you couldn't read it:

Her name is Cheerilee and I thinks he is the most amazing mare in the world. Her mane is gorgeous and she is a school teacher as well as easy on the eyes. She is easygoing and well mannered and doesn't seem to get mad as well as she even brings her class with her for field trips and lets them explore and venture around.)

[colour=#006400]Greenshot Apple[/colour] had looked over at Apple Cinnamon after he heard somepony talking towards his direction. His ears went back a bit as he returned the introduction with his own. “[colour=#008000]I’m Greenshot Apple, from Canterlot. Did I miss anything?[/colour] The green stallion with the bow and arrow as a cutie mark asked Apple Cinnamon.His long yellow and light green stripe mane and tail blowing a bit from a sudden breeze while his eyes in curiousity was looking around the farm a bit then back towards the light brown mare. He was not familiar with a lot of his cousins as it had been quite some time since he had least seen an Apple come to Canterlot.

Apple Cinnamon was surprised that there was a Apple family member who was a unicorn. Even though she had limited knowledge about her family, the mare upon seeing the rest of the members at the reunion saw that a great majority of them were earth ponies like her. Still it was nice to meet a new pony.

[colour=#006400]"Well, ah don't think that you missed much here. Ah' was a little late myself comin' from Appleoosa. There were some pigs that got loose, but that was taken care of fast. Anyway, why don't ah show you to the food table and we can talk there after you get somethin to eat." [/colour]

"[colour=#008000]Appleoosa you say? I have not been to that town in a while. Last I went was when I had been delivering some pastries for some of my mother's pony friend, but please do show me to the food table. I'm hungrier than a swarm of parasprite![/colour]" Greenshot Apple had replied to Apple Cinnamon as the two lope and head towards to table of food that Cinnamon had mentioned. Having been hungry the second he came into Ponyville from the ride from Canterlot, Greenshot could use something to get in his stomach. Smiling at Apple Cinnamon as she lead the way now while his eyes continued to explore the surroundings of family members and activities.

Braeburn just stood there for a few moments with a wide-eyed stunned expression as he attempted to mentally parse the barrage of words. He coughed softly and gave a broad smile.[colour=#daa520] "well, cousin Bumpkin, she sounds a right special filly, indeed!"[/colour] He rubbed his hoof against the back of his neck as he still tried to figure out what she'd said. [colour=#daa520]"T'be honest, Ah uh… Ah didn't catch alla that. Ah mean ah got the part where she's cute. Did y'all say her name was Sherry? Does she own a wine vinyard?"[/colour]

That was alright though, what was important was she confided in him. Braeburn put his hoof around his cousin and gave her a good squeeze before proclaiming loudly, [colour=#daa520]"She sounds wonderful, your Sherry. Have y'all told her how y'all feel yet? Ah'm so glad y'all are out there dating'; can never add too many ponies to the Apple clan!"[/colour]

AppleBumpkin2withtextattmept2.png

Apple Bumpkin coughed and then waved her hoof at Breaburn.

[colour=#a52a2a]"Her name is CHEERILEE."[/colour] She emphasized and yelled it this time to make sure he heard her properly. [colour=#a52a2a]"And she is a teacher at the school Apple Bloom goes to..." [/colour]She trailed off knowing that surely that was going to spark some sort of thoughts in the minds of those around her. She took another bite of the food on her plate and swallowed it down with some Lemon Water. She was trying her best to not just spill everything that she loved about the teacher pony as it was only very recently that she had even asked her to go on a date, but that was a story for a different day. [colour=#a52a2a]" 'Ah just hope she ends up likin' me as much as 'Ah like her."[/colour] She now started to pout a hint as her thoughts ran rampant in her mind.

ApplePiebanner2.png

Apple Pie simply stared at her cousin and let her mouth fall agape.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well she had informed me that I do have a significant other pony but I just have to find him or her and make sure they are the one but to not rush into anything as it might end being a bad style of relationship and leave me broken and scared. I am just upset at the fact that no matter how much I prodded her she would not give me either gender or a time frame to look for them and instead she simply sung to me in this very high-pitched almost squeaking voice. To top it off it was clear she was making the baby in her care very ill by feeding it nothing but pies and the like of sugar items." [/colour]There, that wasn't so hard to say now was it? She had given Apple Bloom a lot to think about so she was sure to give her proper pause and consideration before she would speak again.

Apple Cinnamon nodded as Grapeshot Apple mentiooned that he had been to Appleoosa before.

[colour=#006400]"Well it's nice that you've been there. Ah' don't remember seein' you there, and it's easy to meet new ponies on the account that there's only a few hoof-fulls livin' there. Maybe it was before ah' moved there." [/colour]

The mare giggled at how excited the stallion was at finding the food table.

[colour=#006400]"Well here it is. There's practically everything that can possibly be made from apples here. Ah'd reccommend the chocolate dipped apple slices on the other side of the table and the apple turnovers."[/colour]

Braeburn looked shocked a moment as Apple Bumpkin corrected him on the name of the pony that has enraptured her so deeply; it wasn’t the correction that shocked him, simply the volume. Braeburn’s face turned to a broad smile as he started to laugh,[colour=#daa520] “sorry ‘bout that, cuzin’ Bumpkin, Ah’da sworn y’all said Sherry. Ah always wondered what the life of a wine making pony would be like. Anyway, y’all said she is Applebloom’s teacher? That’s a right coinkidink, ya see ah happen to know cuzin’ Mac went on some Heart’s an’ hooves date with a local schoolteacher! They probably know each other, yer Cheerilee and Mac’s date; just gotta get him to talk about it.[/colour]” Braeburn gave Bumpkin a warm family hug, [colour=#daa520]“thanks for sharin’ though. Ah just like to know how each and every member of the family is doing in their lives. Ah don’t hear much news down in good ol’ AAAAAAAAPPLELOOSA! And speakin’ of mah town…”[/colour]

Braeburn heard shot and Apple Cinnamon talk about his beloved home, so he just had to find out more. Suddenly sliding over and popping up between them, he put his forehooves around his green unicorn and light brown earth mare, [colour=#daa520]“so what is this ah am hearin’ all about AAAAAAPPLELOOSA from y’all? Don’t tell me y’all live on our fair town too, cuzin’ Greenshot?”[/colour] He was a cousin right? Well he was an Apple, so he had to be related somehow, even if Braeburn never met him before or even know he had unicorn relatives.

((Haha Grapeshot!))

“[colour=#008000]Usually when I do deliveries, I tend to not take too much time out of my schedule to chitchat with customers cause when one gets there delivery, another is in waiting. It seemed quite nice when I last visited though.[/colour]” [colour=#008000]Greenshot Apple[/colour] had responded to Apple Cinnamon while his eyes scanned the table, keeping his mouth from getting too carried away and begin to drool from the sight of all the tasty delights.

Just as Greenshot had magically hovered an apple turnover into his mouth, he felt the body of another slide in between him and Cinnamon. Feeling a hoof go over his neck as his head turned to look at who it had been while levitating the turnover away from his mouth while Braeburn had been speaking.

[colour=#DAA520]“so what is this ah am hearin’ all about AAAAAAPPLELOOSA from y’all? Don’t tell me y’all live on our fair town too, cuzin’ Greenshot?”[/colour]

Swallowing the turnover piece in his mouth, Greenshot replied "[colour=#008000]Well..Howdy Do there cousin. Yeah. Apple Cinnamon and I were talking about Appleloosa, but no I do not reside from there. I'm from Canterlot, home of the rich and glamorous...ponies..I suppose.[/colour]" After letting Cinnamon give her reply, Greenshot had to ask so that he wasn't being rude to an Apple cousin. "[colour=#008000]I do not wish no disrespect, but I can't seem to put a hoof on who you might be, though I assume your an Applelossian?[/colour]"

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack's expression was eager. Eager to hear what this rare treat of a pegasus apple pony would have to tell in the way of stories and tips. Applejack would have pulled out pen and paper had it been at her disposal. As Sugar Apple revealed her background, Applejack's face fell off a bit. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"You mean, you don't grow apples?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Such a silly pony. What kind of pony in this family doesn't do something that allows them the purpose and recognition of what makes and Apple pony an Apple. Applejack was about to ask another question, but was sidetracked by the invitation to try one of Sugar's sugar apples.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"I'd love one!" [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack zipped over to Sugar's display, a decorative basket full of green fruit. Fruit which didn't exactly resemble what an apple would normally look like. She took one, and bit into the soft greenish brown fruit skin. The skin didn't feel edible at all, but the white insides tasted like pudding. Applejack swallowed her bite with force and spat out a large apple seed, a seed about ten times the size of a normal apple seed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Jumpin' jazzrats! What kind of fruit is this? I've never had such a thing, but it sure does taste good!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked over her relatives, all of them in their own places, interacting with one another with kindness and joy. This was what it was all about. Family, respect for one another, and free food. Especially free food! Applejack couldn't wait until the next family reunion. The reunion would usually cycle through the family members, but Ponyville would always get chosen because of it's location. Applejack would just have to wait and see if Granny would want to have it here again next time. And if she did, Applejack would make sure everything was perfect. More games, more food, and no pigs.[/colour]

((This is AJ's last post in this thread. It has been fun guys. I'm sorry if there are unresolved stories between some of the ponies. You are more than welcome to start a new thread in continuation of this one, just understand that the family reunion headcanon may change.))

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

1zq8oio.png

Sugar Apple’s eyes widened as cousin Applejack bit into a pinecone-like green apple; apparently, the pegasus accidently mixed some of those fruits in with her batch of pink frosting-coated apples. To the purple mare’s surprise, her earth pony cousin actually enjoyed the exotic fruit, despite the fact it wasn’t really part of the same order of plants as real apples. [colour=#800080]“Well AJ,”[/colour] Sugar excitedly answered her cousin; [colour=#800080]“Fo’ most of mah life, ah’ve always called mah pink-coated treats sugar apples. As it turns out, thar’ acshully is a real fruit called a sugar apple which grows down in th’ Gallopocus. One of mah cowawkers got back from thar a few days ago and gave me a bushel of these as a gif’. Ah’ll hafta see about coveahin’ these wif pink frostin’; thet’ll provide double th’ sugary goodness, don’t ya’ reckon?”[/colour]

As she finished explaining where real sugar apples came from, Sugar Apple couldn’t help but think that this was only the start of an excellent party to come. For the Apple pony, few things in the world could compare to spending time with the family whom she loved. Taking a quick look at all the ponies who were there, the pegasus saw that almost everyone in the Apple family had made it to the reunion...

...Key word being “almost”; it appeared that cousin Ingrid was still locked away in one of Canterlot’s ivory towers. None of the Manehatten apples seemed to be there too, from what Sugar Apple could see. Ah well, maybe next time.....

And that'll do it for me, too. See ya next Apple thread!

(Derp! Sorry Greenshot)

[colour=#006400]"Oh, so yer a delivery pony then," [/colour]Apple Cinnamon said as she watched the unicorn looked over the sea of food, [colour=#006400]"Well ah' can see how you'd be visitin' then lots of places while not staying for too long."[/colour]

Just then Apple Cinnamon's cousin Braeburn arrived, most likely hearing that Greenshot and her mentioned the town. The stallion sure was proud of living in Appleoosa.

[colour=#006400]"Well, Braeburn lives in Appleoosa too, although honestly ah' haven't met him until now. Funny how that is that ah' never met him livin' in such a small town. Anyway, ah' see yer cutie mark is a bow and arrow. Is that yer tlent, shootin targets?"[/colour]

Braeburn had a huge smile as his unicorn cousin regaled where he is from. Canterlot, the lovely magical city in the mountains, where it seemed most ponies were unicorns; so any Apples who lived there probably would be a unicorn as well. At least that made sense to the goldenrod stallion who felt pride in the idea of pegasus and unicorns in the family. [colour=#daa520]"Nooo kiddin'? The fancy capital and all is home to the Apples as well, well how 'bout that! 'Course it makes sense, us bein' the best family and all! So have you ever met the Princesses? Bet they're even prettier in person then all deem magazines and photos!"[/colour] Braeburn, like most ponies, has never met the princesses in person, or only seen them from afar, but surely the ponies of Canterlot regularly saw them up close, or even spoke to them!

What really surprised Braeburn though was that Greenshot wasn't sure if he was Appleloosian! [colour=#daa520]"Mah name is Braeburn! Cousin Bareburn!" [/colour]Braeburn smiled as he shook Greenhorn's forehoof with both of his vigorously. [colour=#daa520]"I have been a part of good ol' APPPPPPPLELOOSA since the beginnin'! One of the very first settlers there when the town got started a couple of years back; have the largest apple orchard there too!"[/colour]Braeburn grabbed one of the sugar apples his pegasus cousin had brought and took a big ol' bite as he continued rattling off his accomplishments. [colour=#daa520]"I like to think it's one of the best too! Sure not as grand as Sweet Apple here, but it is just mahself and lil' Apple Pie. Say I wonder she'd wander off to?"[/colour] Braeburn had a brief moment of concern but given how huge the farm was, he quickly dismissed his worries with thoughts of her just studying the local trees or something equally as dull. [colour=#daa520]"Ah'm sure she's fine. Where were we? Apples! We have almost all varieties, but we specialize in ones for pies! Say is that what you do Apple Cinnamon in good ol' APPPPPLELOOSA? Make 'em delicious pies?[/colour]

[colour=#008000]Greenshot Apple [/colour]gave a nod towards the goldenrod stallion. "[colour=#008000]Indeed Canterlot has several Apples living in it's city, the best family in all of Equestria I might add![/colour]" Smiling to his question about the princess's, "[colour=#008000]Why yes I have, Celestia the most. I've delivered to her castle and she has even came into my mother's shop some chitter chatter, but they are usual busy so small talk doesn't last to long. I've never seen Luna, but have done a late night trot over to deliver some apple-related pastries to then be stopped her Royal Guards. Have not met the new bride, Princess Cadance, but I have met Shining Armor once while helping my father fix a weapon of his. Canterlot, to me, is a grand place to live eyup[/colour]" To think of it, Greenshot was a pretty lucky pony to be able to delivery and get opportunity's to meet Princess Celestia and other royalty. His tail swayed about thinking of how excited those times had been until he felt Braeburn's hooves go onto forehoof. beginning to shake his body rather wildly as Braeburn had introduced himself and began explaining where he was from which was indeed where Apple Cinnamon was from. Greenshot planted his now weird feeling hoof onto the table and began to listen to what Cousin Braeburn had been telling the two of them.

Greenshot had a grin on his face when he heard Cousin Braeburn say that Appleloosa was the best which to him was actually Canterlot. Everypony had there own opinion so he wasn't going to start a argument over that idea with one of his cousins as he looked over at Apple Cinnamon when braeburn had spoken towards her about if she made the pies and waited for a reply as well until he decided to reply to her about her asking Greenshot about his cutie mark. "[colour=#008000]Well you see, I am a archer who wishes several things. I have won several medals in the sport when I was younger. As of late, I have been seeming to decline in many atheletic events. I'm trying to get that drive again like i did when I was a young colt to become the best representative of the Apple family in the sport. I'm not the best at what I do like ya'll who create these delicious masterpieces or Applejack who has won many medals in various events or the best runner or magic user. All i got is just my magic, targets, bow&quiver and my looks.[/colour]"

[colour=#006400]"Well, that nice that you like livin' in Canterlot. Ah' personally can't see myself livin' in a big city. Ah'm too much of a country mare. Maybe one day ah'll visit Canterlot. If your're there, maybe you can show me around a bit so ah' can get my bearings. Who knows, maybe ah'll get to see a princess there like you did since ah' never saw one visitin' Appleoosa since ah've been there."[/colour]

Apple Cinnamon listened as Greenshot explained how he was once a great markspony winning many awards and fame. She wondered why he declined in the events, but thought otherwise to ask out of fear that it would open an old wound.

[colour=#006400]"Well, ah'm glad to hear that you're going to try again. As for talent, ah'm not that good at bakin' and ah've never won an award for athletics. Mah talent, as you can see by my cutie mark, is singin' and playin mah fiddle. So, ah' wouldn't worry about your talent as it seems really great." [/colour]