[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

You know, life was tough enough for Apple Bloom. She had to work doubly hard at school on account of not really understanding the same concepts as others. Miss Cheerilee said that was a bunch of honey in a tundra, that it came down simply to concentration. She just spent so much time thinking about other things and playing with her friends and put below the bare minimum effort into her schooling. That wasn't true- Apple Bloom was just a bit dim, a fact which Diamond Tiara never let her forget. But if it was just school, her life would be a sweet summer breeze. But she didn't even have her cutie mark, and the day after day after day of fruitless searching was driving her up the wall and gosh darnit that didn't make it easier. Not being special at anything at all and having everypony and their younger brother point to their flank with pride really irked her. Her friends were in the same trap as her, but Scootaloo was cool and Sweetie Belle was a happy little filly. Apple Bloom was just sorta lame. And then when the lame pony came home, she worked her tail off to help her family! She was darn proud of it too, one of the few things she was. Life was tough. Losing something you worked on didn't help.

It was fun to wallow in misery for a few minutes, especially for a filly so naturally inclined towards joy. But hey, getting a little bit of rain every once in awhile wasn't a bad thing. Couldn't grow a flower without it, yeah? So she sat there and felt sorry for herself behind the sand for a minute, thinking to herself that she was just so sad that the mere re-enactment of her sadness could win a pony a few awards. Then just as quickly as she had been allowed to wallow in self-pity, a cool stallion dropped off her note! It struck her and he left so quickly that she couldn't even give him a proper thank you, instead having to yell it out.

[colour=#ff0000]"THAAAAAANNNKKKKK YOOOUUUUUU!"[/colour] She screamed, waving at her erstwhile savior before turning to the actual note. She read it once. She read it twice. Hoof to chin.

[colour=#ff0000]"Hmm...it's missin' somethin'....nah," [/colour]She shook her head and promptly threw the note away.

• Like 1

7dHx4cA.png

Luminous Charge returned to his saddle bags and strapped them back on, and just as he was tugging on one of the buckles to make sure it was sturdy, a bizarre white stallion approached him. The large pegasus straightened himself up and quirked a brow at the stranger, scrutinizing him a little. He seemed to be a bit of a foolish character – whispering as he was about the “Lady Applejack.” Peaking around the lineup, Lume spotted the mare handing out apples and assumed that was who the unicorn was talking about.

In regards to his body odor, he was under the impression that this character was exaggerating the smell. He knew he was sweaty from flying long distance on such a hot day, but he was a rather good judge of whether or not his scent was offensive. There was no doubt in his mind that somepony would be able to recognize by his smell that he was sweaty, but it certainly wasn’t a sour or unhygienic sort of thing. Certainly it wasn’t out of place on a farm for one to be in his state!

[colour=#800000]“Well,”[/colour] Lume began, his brow still quirked and his voice at a normal conversational volume, [colour=#800000]“I apologize for being sweaty, but I’ve been traveling. Cast your glamour if you must, but if your condition is for me to stop stretching then I am not interested. I’ve been flying for some time and I intend to take good care of my muscles.”[/colour]

And that was that. The unicorn could either cast his spell or he could return to the lineup, but either way Luminous Charge wouldn’t care. Peacock though he is, the stallion recognizes that there are more important things to life than being impeccably well-groomed all the time and he wasn’t going to skip out on pre or post-flight stretching just because some frou-frou pony was feeling smitten.

Not bothering to wait and see if the foolish stallion would go ahead with his glamour, Luminous Charge strolled to take position at the rear of the line yet again when something skittering about in the breeze caught his eye: it was the note! He was just leaning over to pick it up again when he noticed the energetic young filly was completely unfazed over losing her paper again. With a sigh, the sculptor ignored the note and went back to waiting.

[colour=#0000ff]"Sure thing Applejack. Other than what you've already gotten me, I need an additional two bushels of Granny Smith Apples, Two more Bushels of Braeburns, and Two more Bushels of Red Delcious. What does that bring my total up to?"[/colour][colour=#000080] Ice asked the orange mare. The more she thought about it, the more she was worried about their own supply. She was buying a very large amount of apples. She hoped that she wasn't taking too many to where they wouldn't be able to meet the rest of their standards. After all, she was purchasing a grand total of eleven bushels of apples. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Also, I appreciate you letting me borrow your cart. I'll bring it right back as soon as I have everything unloaded!"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told Applejack with a smile.[/colour]

The unicorn shook his head sadly, “I was thinking more for the sake of the young filly over there and the kindly older folks nearby. They’re probably seeing more of you than they could care to , but for the moment, I must think of our fine Lady Applejack.”, the stallion waited patiently for Luminous Charge to return to his spot in the line before continuing. "Normally I would also throw in an fragrance spell, along with the glamor cantrip, but I have a feeling that casting both spells would would be a little too much for me at the moment as it's been a rather difficult day for me so far. So hold still for a second."

The pony's horn issued out an emerald glow which bathed the stallion for a brief moment. Once the spell was finished, he was no longer covered in his own perspiration and his mane was also clean and properly combed. The spellcaster smiled proudly to himself, "Much better! Knowing that I saved Lady Applejack from a fate worse than death itself has made up for this er...", he stammered, "Interesting Ponyville visit more than worth the train-ride." He paused for a moment before he asked, "You do know who the mare that is about to kiss you is, right?"

7dHx4cA.png

[colour=#008000]<“I was thinking more for the sake of the young filly over there and the kindly older folks nearby. They’re probably seeing more of you than they could care to , but for the moment, I must think of our fine Lady Applejack.”>[/colour]

Luminous Charge blinked at the unicorn. Seeing more of him..? That seemed to be more than a little foolish, considering they were standing in the midst of a business that was kept aloft by the hard labour of the dedicated ponies that ran the place.

[colour=#800000]“They are agriculturists, sir.”[/colour] he stated simply, his brow arching even further than before as he spoke. There was no doubt in his mind that the earth ponies who worked in these orchards were totally unfazed by sweat and stretching. Either way, he wasn’t going to argue with the strange fellow, so instead he remained quiet. He had done enough stretching for now, and he could finish later, when the smitten stallion wasn’t around to pester him. Besides, Lume was sure that the stranger was just trying to be generous in his own peculiar way.

When the magic washed over him, the pegasus felt a light tingling soaking into his skin all over his body. It was almost reminiscent of…mint? The arcane scrub was an instant refresher, and he could even feel his mane returning to its normal, striking shape and volume. With the sweat lifted from him and his mane free of tangles, it was clear he was quite a striking individual. Such a shame, though, that he wasn’t in his usual dapper threads: they completed his dashing peacock look!

[colour=#800000]“Thank you.”[/colour] Lume said, the faintest trace of a smile lighting up his otherwise dark appearance. He pulled his grey glasses from a side pouch in his saddlebags and put them on, for the most part ignoring the unicorn’s smitten little ramble. He was quite sweet on the “Applejack” it seemed.

[colour=#008000]<"You do know who the mare that is about to kiss you is, right?">[/colour]

[colour=#800000]“All I know is that she works here and that you are apparently quite smitten with her,”[/colour] the sculptor replied, peering at the stranger from over his glasses. He reached out a hoof, then, realizing that he hadn’t introduced himself. How rude!

[colour=#800000]“My name is Luminous Charge. I’m sorry, I should have introduced myself sooner.”[/colour]

• Like 1

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]As Ice Storm roll called her apple choices, Applejack zipped back and forth carrying the unicorn's order in full, dropping the bushels into the cart. By the time she finished, the cart was full with apples, with exactly eleven bushels, all in the types that the unicorn listed. Applejack patted the apples, with a huge smile. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]What a great sale this one is[/colour][colour=#000000], she thought. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Alright, thats eleven bushels, that means it'll be,"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack thought for a moment, while look up at the sky. She brought her hoof to her chin and tapped it a few times, pensively thinking about the numbers in her head.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]Come on, Applejack, you can figure this out. If she has eleven apple bushels, and they are five bits for a bushel, then that means you take the number of bushels and multiply it by the price. So if the sun sets in the west, then it can be assumed that apples dry out faster in the west. But it only takes a couple hours in the east. If there are five apples in the shade in the west, only half of the apples will be allowed to be eaten freshly on the next day, which in turn, equals the exact quantifiable value that the bits are worth on any particular day. Since today is not the a weekend day, apples will ripen twice as fast when a pegasus buys them and will taste best with caramel mixed with it. Solve for pie.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked confused, but only for a second. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Fifty-five! Yeah, fifty-five is your new total, please, ma'am, miss."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack beamed.[/colour]

60 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

46. Luminous Charge (according to post, went to back of line. correct me if incorrect)

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

[colour=#000080]Ice watched as Applejack zoomed back and forth as she named off the apples that she needed. It was almost as if the mare could make her way around the apple farm blind-folded. Something that Ice, wouldn't honestly put past her. After all, she could almost do that in her shop if she needed to. Right now however, she was in the zone. After everything was loaded, applejack began to tally up the total. By the time everything was said and done, her total had come up to fifty-five bits, which was exactly what she was expecting. She pulled out the bits and placed them on the table. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"Here ya go,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she said with a smile. [/colour][colour=#0000ff]"And I'm ready for what comes next,"[/colour][colour=#000080] she told the orange mare with a soft, yet still professional smile. [/colour]

"Oh.", the red coated stallion's face went slack, "Lady Applejack. She is one of the bearers of the fabled 'Elements Of Harmony'. She and her brave companions have saved our kingdom from all manners of dark and evil beings over the last few years. Even heard her family actually formed this little village. Shame they didn't name it after the founders as opposed to the rather generic and uncreative 'Ponyville'.", he glanced ahead of the line and frowned upon noticing there were still three ponies ahead of him. "The elements used to belong to the two Princess', but fell into disuse during the whole Nightmare Moon fiasco...I do apologize in advance for rambling on like this. I've never been much for standing in lines, be it for a theme park ride, movie or themed kissing booth as I appear to be in the moment.", he bowed his head slightly, "And I'm Pocket Change of Canterlot. I'm a wandering explorer and archaeologist of sorts. If I may ask, what is it that you do Mister Charge?"

mCg6fpc.png

Once Lume had gotten past the smitten and busybody qualities of the pale stallion, he found himself surprisingly pleased at having a little company. Perhaps he was a little more socially deprived than he cared to admit, travelling on his own so much.

[colour=#800000]“I see. Rather impressive, I suppose I understand why you are smitten.”[/colour] he said with a nod once the stranger had explained this “Applejack’s” role in protecting Equestria. Appearances were quite deceiving! The mare look like your typical country bumpkin, not a savior of ponykind. Well, that was his fault for judging the mare by her appearance. He should know better than most not to do that, considering the amount of ponies who met him and felt nothing but fear at his dark, towering physical presence.

[colour=#800000]“Pocket Change, is it?”[/colour] Lume said, extending a hoof to shake, [colour=#800000]“Nice to meet you, and there’s no need to worry about rambling. I do not mind – it certainly passes the time. As for my career – I’m an artist. A sculptor, more specifically. I use lightning in a controlled environment to create large pieces of sand glass. There’s a little more to it, but I’d rather not bore you with the details. I’m currently traveling, seeking inspiration – it gets a little tiresome, being cooped up in my studio all the time.”[/colour]

The pegasus found himself with a lopsided grin then, [colour=#800000]“And it seems this was my turn to ramble at you. Has your work brought you anywhere interesting?”[/colour]

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart had been zoned out. More so than usual, if he was honest. He had let his mind wander to his plans and his projects, particularly in the realm of the heart.

His face when he realised that he was at close to the front of the queue was fairly normal. His face when he realised that it was a trade of a bushel for a kiss was priceless.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]What on earth have I gotten myself into here?[/colour]

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack caught the smile of her customer, as she spoke of some implication on 'what comes next.' She smiled back. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Eyup! Lots of apple crispin' and bakin' and eatin'." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack smiled back at the ice blue unicorn, not immediately understanding what she had meant. Applejack was selling apples today. So as much as locking lips with Equestrian ponies of all colours was astonishing, she often easily forgot about it in her adrenaline rush from advertising the quality and taste of her apples.

Applejack gulped. Eventually, she realized. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Oh, yeah. That."[/colour][colour=#000000] She shoveled the bits into her chest, and stared close at the unicorn, whose smile seemed to reflect positively towards the approach of the orange mare's face. Applejack leaned in, aimed her lips towards her cheek, but then towards her lips. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]A pony with that kind of sale probably deserves more than a cheek[/colour][colour=#000000], she figured. But before she could brush Ice Storm's lips, her let hind hoof, one that was holding half her weight, rolled onto a small rock, causing Applejack to slip. Her whole body jolted forward onto the blue unicorn, pressing Applejack's mouth against hers with accidental force. Applejack's eyes told the story, not resisting, but shocked at the sudden burst of physical contact. A short moment would pass, and then she would pull back, with an unintentional smack of the lips.

Applejack smiled and blushed slightly, and then regained her composure. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Thanks so much for the purchase! Here's that cart."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack rolled the cart forward, and positioned the harness towards the unicorn for her to pull. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Make sure you tell all you friends and family!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked, trying to remind he of the deal.

Applejack waved shortly to the next pony in line. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Hello!"[/colour]

59 Kisses left!

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

46. Luminous Charge (according to post, went to back of line. correct me if incorrect)

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

Applejack.pngMadden.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart smiled, and moved towards the owner, racking his mind to see if he had any idea on who she was at all. And once more his mind came up with nothing, which meant he had to defer to what he could see. Despite knowing the obvious of being the proprietor (of the day, at least) he also could guess that she had a wide knowledge on apples. Which made sense, when he glanced over and saw the ever present cutie mark of several apples. Not much room for guessing.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]As he stopped in front of her, he took a brief moment to compose himself and to ensure he spoke as well mannered and polite as any pony should; especially when dealing with a mare (as far as he was concerned, at any rate.)[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Hello there, ma'am. I couldn't help but notice that you are having a sale on apples today... and as your apples are the stuff of legend with my friends, I felt it was in my best interest to finally try some."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]He paused for but a moment to consider his next sentence, his smile not fading him, and his attention not wandering, despite the desire for it to continue spinning about the kiss. His smile was hiding his... anxiety about this (due to kissing anypony being a rare occurrence) but his slight tapping of one of his hooves - only just so - was his giveaway.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"That having been said, I am not much of an apple expert, truth be told. I'll take some of whatever you think are the nicest."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]He paused expectantly, before finally realising he had forgotten the most important thing about meeting somepony new, despite the situation and his nerves, particularly in a smaller town like Ponyville - introductions![/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Oh, how rude of me. My name is Heart Line, Miss...?"[/colour]

"I would liked to have told you that my choice of employment has brought me nothing but adventure and excitement, but that would be a bit of a white lie.", the unicorn's eyes occasionally shifted towards the end of the line as he spoke, "For the most part, I spend my days digging through dusty old tomes and books of lost lore. And when I'm not doing that, I'm usually stuck out on the field digging through mounds of rubbish and dirt hoping to find whatever my group and I were tasked to seek. Apparently our ancestors were really into the pottery. However, I did manage to go on a small trip into the badlands where my group found an ancient and previously hidden tower called the 'Stormfast' which was inhabited by a tribe of rather interesting white coated griffons.", a small smile formed on the pony's face as he remembered his little adventure to the north. "We were able to regain a fabled relic of theirs and also managed to defeat some sort of shadow creature that wandered their underground catacombs. Beyond that, I missed out on a chance to visit the Unyasi while in Ponyville awhile back.", he shook his head sadly, "Was all prepared to head off with a small group of rather interesting characters when a good friend of mine encountered some rather unpleasant drama. One of my companions from the trip north was tagging along with me for the trip, but was confronted by his parents who demanded he return with them. Emerath was not a foal, but a full grown stallion, so you would think he would have a say in this matter, but nope! They threatened to 'cast him out of the family' and such, so he returned back home. When I was finished with that, I noticed the others had left without me. Go figure."

"I was so disturbed by what had just happened, I hopped the next train back to Canterlot. Something I later regretted, as I could have used the time to explore this lovely little village. Funny, for such a small town, there always seems to be something exciting going on.", he glanced at the mare waiting for him at the end of the line and let out a dramatic sigh. "Er, and you're an sculptor eh?", he stammered, "A good friend of mine back in Canterlot is known for making some rather impressive statues. She's a trained blacksmith, but since there so little demand for chain and plate-mail in our modern society, she slowly drifted into the realm of stone carving. I've seen her work before and it's utterly amazing one can do with a simple hammer and chisel."

[colour=#000000]Applejack called out back to Granny as soon as the brown pony spoke their order, which was pretty much whatever Applejack thought was best. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Granny, one usual!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack looked back and smiled at the unicorn stallion as he spoke. He seemed nervous, as they all did, but not nearly as nervous as the others. He seemed to have a bit more nerve than some of the other socially awkward ponies that came to buy apples with kisses.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Applejack."[/colour][colour=#000000] She finished her customers sentence, allowing his thoughts to flow peacefully. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"You must be new around here. You've never been to Ponyville have you?"[/colour]

59 Kisses left!

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart kept his smile going, hiding his inner nerves. He thanked the Astral Princesses above that his time spent helping ponies with their relationships had made this a skill he had well developed. As he thought, he figured he may as well be polite; there is no point being curt, after all, particularly if they are friendly.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Truthfully, no. I'm from and live in Canterlot, but I enjoy taking visits to smaller places such as Ponyville now and again. It's a refreshing change from the hustle and bustle."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]Heart paused, considering his next sentence carefully.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Heck, this would be on the shortlist of places I'd move to, if I ever raised enough. It's a lovely, friendly place."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]Heart smiled a little more, trying to show that he was (legitimately) being honest about his opinion on the small town he was currently in.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"So I'm going to guess your talent is apples?"[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]He kept telling himself that he wasn't trying to delay it, but he had already accepted that he would be getting a kiss from this mare. His mind was just refusing to process it, so he was buying himself time for that.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"And how!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack smiled with agreement. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"But more specifically, my cutie represents my place on this here farm. So its not so much about lovin' and knowin' apples, as much as it is being here at Sweet Apple Acres. Yehaw!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack reared. When she landed, she looked at her customer's cutie mark. The moment she saw it, her eyes dampened and lids fell halfway. She leaned on the counter in front of her with her hooves supporting her head. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"So whats your special talent, Sugarcube? Something to do with love, right?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked softly, in a short attempt to initiate a blush. Applejack had been working all day at this thing. Making ponies blush was sometimes so inevitable, that she figured she might as well make it part of her on-the-job entertainment.[/colour]

59 Kisses left!

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

GrannySmith1WithText.png

[colour=#00ff00]"You got it, AppleJack!" [/colour]Granny Smith shouted out before turning to her brother. [colour=#00ff00]"C'mon Strudel, move yur caboose! Still got plenty of ponies in line! Hop to it!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol, mein sister!" [/colour]Apple Strudel answered back as the bearded stallion brought over several loaded baskets of apples on his back. [colour=#006400]"Vee still have plenty of apples for dee ponies to purchase. I vill keep dem coming to you!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"That's the spirit! This here sale's the best thing that's happened ta Sweet Apple Acres since that last Apple Family Reunion! Remember that one, brother?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol Granny Smith!"[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"Good! Once we git a rest break, y'all kin tell me all about it!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Vhat?" [/colour]Apple Strudel asked in stunned amazement before a smile came across his face. [colour=#006400]"Oh, I vill mein sister. I vill show you dee photo album as vell."[/colour]

[colour=#00ff00]"And while yur at it, y'all kin show me pictures outta that thar photo album too!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"As you vish, Granny Smith," [/colour]Apple Strudel said with a smile.

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart's face went from a smile to a full blown grin, and then he noticed Applejack's face and he went into full blush suppression mode. It partially worked, giving him merely a red tint instead of a full blush, but it was definitely noticeable.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"In a way. I'm apparently really good at dishing out romantic advice and making romantic plots happen... like planning other dates and such."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]Heart then chuckled, remembering his time spent at school, and his romantic diatribe. And then his own sheer dumb inability at it.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Of course, the moment it involves me in any way I become more useless than a rock. Not sure why."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]Heart was still blushing at Applejack's look, doing his level best to suppress it.[/colour]

mCg6fpc.png

The dark, towering pegasus blinked. Being one accustomed to short, clipped conversations (unless they revolved around the topic of art), he found himself rather taken aback by Pocket Change’s rant. It was much more personal than he would expect to hear from a stranger, but all the same, the pale stallion was friendly enough.

[colour=#800000]“Oh, no worries,”[/colour] he replied, waving a hoof as he did, [colour=#800000]“I’m rather poor at conversation myself, so perhaps it’s for the best that the other party rambles a little. Blacksmith turned stone-carver, hmm?”[/colour]

The winged stallion’s expression went a little blank for a moment as he tapped his chin with the same hoof he had been waving. A name wasn’t coming to mind, though the background did familiar.

[colour=#800000]“I believe I’m aware of her work and her past, though the name is escaping me at the moment. But yes, I am a sculptor. If you are from Canterlot it’s quite possible you’ve seen my work in at least one of the parks. Large and elaborate sculptures they are - abstract representations of whimsy and other similar themes. They are tubes of polish or unpolished sand glasses that I create and compile in a highly controlled environment – and they’re exhilarating to make!”[/colour]

And then, seemingly out of nowhere, something hit him. Luminous Charge’s expression went from light hearted (or as light-hearted as he could manage at least) to something akin to shock.

[colour=#800000]“Earlier…did you say ‘kiss?’ Somepony about to kiss me?”[/colour]

There was also something about a kissing booth…it just hadn’t registered until this moment!

[colour=#000000]Hearing the blushing pony's admission of not being able to utilize his talents for his personal life, she raised a small eyebrow, and walked from behind the counter towards him. She put her face really close to his, and maintained a look of mysteriousness and an 'up to something' smile. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, I got some advice for ya."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack eared her grin, before bouncing her facial expression up, swinging and slamming down a bushel of apples next to her, and picking an apple out of the bunch. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"See these here apples can be perfect for fritter-makin'!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack presented the apple in her hoof up to the brown unicorn's snout. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "All you gotta do is get a flour mix, get some sliced apple, roll it, and crimp it!. Deep fry that thang in some boilin' oil, and you got yourself a tasty fritter anyone can enjoy!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack dropped the apple back into the bushel, and pushed the basket towards the customer with her nose. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"So will one bushel fix ya?"[/colour]

59 Kisses left!

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

"Rambles?", the unicorn's ears quickly flattened themselves against his skull, "Guess I am.", he shook his head sadly, "I do apologize, with all that has happened today so far, I guess I needed somepony to ramble on to. With that creepy forest, and Pinkie Pie, and all those insects. Almost felt like a fever dream of sorts." The stallion shuddered for a moment before taking a few seconds to regain his composure, "The sculptor that I was talking about is a griffon by the name of Zelda. She moved to Canterlot to work at the R.E.A's forge. Normally she helps with the upkeep of the royal guard's armor, most of it is ceremonial, and they like to keep it looking tip-top for the princess'. Still, this wasn't enough to keep her busy, so she took sculpting classes on her off-time and found herself to be a natural. Makes statues, mostly on commission for private homes and gardens. Said she always wanted to do a statue of Luna."

A small smile formed on his face as Luminous Charge finally realized what he was actually standing in live. "Miss Applejack apparently decided that she would give away one free kiss to whoever purchased an basket of her famous apples. It's a bit odd, but I'd be mad to pass this offer. I mean look at her.", he continued to marvel at the mare, "So perfect in everyway. She's the stereotypical 'Farmer's Daughter'. Hidden Canterlot-beauty in a rustic town. Wouldn't be surprised if the head of the farm is probably lurking behind the bushes, waiting for a stallion to get fresh with his daughter, only to pop out of said bushes and deliver a world of hurt to the fiend. Probably why she's the one doing the kissing, and not the other way around."

HeartImg.png

[colour=#ffffff]Heart maintained a look of curiosity as Applejack moved towards him, before jumping slightly as she slammed the bushel of apples down, paying attention as she lowered it back into the bushel.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]Heart merely smiled in response, using his cyan magic to levitate aforementioned apple to his mouth, before taking a bite.[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]And then he paused, his mind lost in the pure nirvana of delicious, delicious apple. If it wasn't for the sheer grin on his face, you could almost claim he had lost his mind into the pure depths of insanity. In reality, he was lost to the Apple Hivemind, One with All Apples. Or he was being a little melodramatic, which is the likely choice.[/colour]

[colour=#b58a73]"These.. I... apple, I. These are... fantastic..."[/colour]

[colour=#ffffff]He blinked for a moment more, before levitating a small pouch of bits from seemingly nowhere, checking how much he had.[/colour]

[colour=#B58A73]"Can I buy.. say, six? Six bushels? I'll figure out how I'll get them home later."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack squeed as Heart chewed into the apple. The look on his face said it all, and it made Applejack neigh for joy. She chuckled, [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Heh, you like the taste of my apples, huh? Well there's more where that came from!"[/colour][colour=#000000] The customer wanted to buy six bushels instead of one! This was becoming a common theme, and Applejack began to entertain herself as to exactly what it was that enticed these ponies to go all into the sale. I mean, its almost as if they get something out of it. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, the price for one bushel is five bits. But I tell you what, you buy six bushels, I'll give you a deal! I'll give you all six of these kinds of apples for thirty bits."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked. Of course she was being silly, it wasn't a difference in price. But she seemed to have a hot streak of being on the customer's good side. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "I can put the apples on standby for you to pick up, no problem. But I can't leave the special on standby, if you know what I mean."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack innocently rolled her eyes from side to side.[/colour]

59 Kisses left!

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Pocket Change

45. Cherry Berry

46. Luminous Charge

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith glanced over at the line and saw more ponies standing in it. This caused the elderly Apple matriarch to panic.

[colour=#00FF00]"Jumpin' Gee-hoss-a-fat Strudel! We best git the lead out! Gotta keep them bushels of apples movin'!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol, mein sister!" [/colour]Uncle Apple Strudel neighed, eagerly moving more bushels of apples up towards the front near AppleJack's stand. Suddenly, looking down into one of the bushels, the bearded stallion was in for a shock.

[colour=#006400]"ACK! UNEEMAL! Vhat in dee vorld is going on here?" [/colour]he yelled out.

[colour=#00FF00]"What all the hollerin' about, brother?" [/colour]Granny Smith asked as she rushed over to gaze inside the bushel. [colour=#00FF00]"I don't believe it! Now where did all THEM things come from?"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I vas going to ask you dee same qvestion," [/colour]the stunned Germane stallion said. [colour=#006400]"Vee better tell AppleJack about dees."[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"I reckon I best be duh one that tells her," [/colour]Granny Smith said as she sneaked up behind her to whisper in her ear, [colour=#00FF00]"AppleJack, don't know how we donnit, but we got us a bushel of pears mixed in with all duh apples. Ya wanna try ta sell'm or should we send'm back ta the barn?"[/colour]

mCg6fpc.png

[colour=#800000]“Ah, no worries – you weren’t rambling terribly. Anything more than three syllables feels like a bit of rambling for me, I’m afraid,”[/colour] Lume replied, choosing to ignore the bit about the forest and the pinkie pie…what kind of pie was a pinkie pie? Perhaps a strawberry or cherry flavour? Friendly or not, Pocket Change was certainly an odd fellow.

[colour=#800000]“Ah, yes, the griffon-smith. I have indeed heard of her – and I have seen some of her work. Quite a talent.”[/colour]

Lume let out a small smile and lifted a hoof to his forehead, resting it there for a moment before pushing up his glasses. A kissing booth? Well, that’s what you get when you don’t pay attention to your surroundings. Normally he was quite an astute observer, very difficult to pass anything by, but apparently today was something of an off day for him. The peacock, now a little more comfortable in his more clean and well-groomed appearance, flicked his voluminous mane from his eyes and finally put his hoof down. He had been in this line long enough now that he was determined to get his apples. Though hardly the soft or affectionate type, and certainly not one for all of this squishy-hearted business, a small peck was not much of a bother in the scheme of things. Hopefully the apples would be worth it.

[colour=#800000]“I suppose it’s not too much trouble,” [/colour]Lume replied, choosing not to address Pocket Change’s smitten babbling. It’s not that he didn’t find this Applejack to be attractive – she was a pretty mare. He simply didn’t find her to be quite the impeccable gem that that the unicorn did. Luminous Charge just wasn’t one for doting, really, [colour=#800000]"A kiss is a small price to pay for a bushel of apples.”[/colour]