[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack's relaxed and somewhat flirtatious and competitive smile turned into a pensive surprised expression as she was informed by her customer that she would be running in this year's Running of the Leaves with her. "Well boy howdy! You're gonna race? I thought I smelled some muscle in you." Applejack smirked back, bringing her eyelids back to a flirtatious level. "I will trah to keep the dust from under my hooves from gettin' into your face. Or maybe I'll just run ahead to let you breathe." Applejack's smile grew teeth and she leaned in a cheeky comment that came with shoveling the bits to the side of the table so that Granny could collect them.

And yet again, Applejack blushed brightly as the unicorn asked if she could tip if the kiss was quality. "Heh heh, well, I can't keep a satisfied customer from doin' what they please." Applejack gave off a cute nervous chuckled and leaned in for the kiss. The orange mare could feel the static charge of personality coming off of her face. When Applejack made contact with the mare's mouth, she felt empowered by the energy that seemed to be transfused by the exchange. It was almost like the unicorn had some sort of spell she was casting that made the kiss more pleasurable. And in any case, it caused Applejack to feel overwhelmed yet comfortable. When Applejack pulled away after a satisfying connection, Applejack blushed more and felt compelled to ask her name. "What's yer name partner?" Applejack was so distracted by this magnetic personality in front of her, that she hardly had time to re-recognize the Princess of everything only a few hoof steps away from her.

Applejack had kissed over fifty ponies today already, but she could hardly call most of them a special somepony. Which gave Applejack a dilemma. Sure, she could call for sweets and invite the best kissers over for dinner some night, but that was never what interested Applejack in another pony. Rather, she enjoyed the company of ponies who could share their own stories in passion and honesty. Applejack would look forward to spending time with ponies she considers friends more than anything, because she would never feel the pressure of dealing with a pony who is over their ears with love sickness and neediness. And for this yellow unicorn, Applejack would look forward to the static charge she felt from her personality every time they talked.

44 Kisses left!

Next up

57. Prince Blueblood

58. Princess Celestia :Celest:

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

64. Silver Heart (might not buy)

65. Fluttershy

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Maple (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Brawny Boulder (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Luminous Charge (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Cherry Berry (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Wild Riot (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

48. Trixie :shifty:

49. Princess Twilight Sparkle

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

54. Professor Clyde Krashkop

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

Prince Blueblood's period of reverie and reflection came to an end as he realized that the mare in front of him was concluding her transaction. From what he could see, the farmer pony selling the apples was certainly a practiced kisser, and something of a forceful one as well. *I do hope my own technique is up to standard. It's been.... quite some time, since I last had any practice.*

That was a depressing thought, and he tried to keep his mind off of it by focusing on something, anything. That brought him back to his Aunt Celestia, and the conversation she was having with her guard. He couldn't help but cringe in sympathy as Silver wilted under her words. Blueblood had known the Princess long enough to read when she was being totally serious and when there was a slight element of humor under her words, but the poor lieutenant couldn't be expected to know.

Honestly, seeing her do this made him extremely uncomfortable. He knew how much Luna meant to her; everypony knew it. To use that common knowledge to make a stallion feel like an utter heel for an innocent remark, which she herself had encouraged by giving off informal airs....

It was mean. Simply mean. And the fact that she wasn't really serious made it worse! If the remark had really hurt so deeply, the reaction could be understandable, but to pretend to be hurt for a joke? *That is behavior unworthy of royalty.*

And then, suddenly, against considerable odds, it occurred to Blueblood that a lot of his own antics over the years, including the one he was just about to attempt an apology for, must have provoked the same reaction in her. *Ooh... well played, Auntie.*

He sighed, turning to face forward again, with a new resolution. He was going to apologize, and he would do so in a matter fitting for a Prince!

Berry had heard something of a rather weird situation surrounding the princess and a few ponies...something about a rather off base remark had ticked off the royal presence and made those in the line up ahead a little anxious - the earth pony mare gave a small frown and shook her head...Royalty were there to be respected, not speculated or rumored about. She had every mind to go out there and give some ponies a real piece of her mind, but that would probably have come at the loss of her place in line, and that wasn't something she was prepared to put herself through, no matter how righteous or just it might have been to do so. Besides, it really wasn't any of her business and she'd only heard bits and pieces of what was going on...the last thing she wanted to do was charge ahead of herself, lose her place in line AND make herself look an utter idiot in the process...no, no she was safer and better off staying right where she was.

She peered ahead a little and blinked - a familiar young filly was within looking distance...Ruby had made her way into the line, it seemed, and was also here for the offer....well, that was a little unexpected, but it was up to her what she did with her pocket bits. However, Berry instinctively knew that she still had to do what any good nosy parent would do in her position - and that was to completely alert Pinchy to her presence mere meters away in the line!

" YOOOHOOO! " Berry calls out, raising a hoof for the young filly to see...not even taking note of who else would notice. " Piiiiinccchhhhhy! "

She didn't give thought to whether or not Pinchy wanted to be seen with her mom like this whilst out...she was on full 'Mom' mode, and nothing was going to interfere!

• Like 1

2qJgRGm.png

Mercifully, Princess Celestia indicated her willingness to leave her conversation with Princess Cadence on a mundane note. Politely nodding at her auntie’s tone of encouragement, the pink princess could now cast her full attention on her friend Fluttershy. Once Celestia explained why she came to Sweet Apple Acres, Cadence happily spoke up with her own mini-tale; “And I actually came by Ponyville to give Twilight a surprise visit. But when I flew over the farm in my chariot, I noticed all these ponies lining uphere. So of course I had to check it out! I hope Twilight isn’t too busy when I drop by.....” Cadence slightly trailed off at the end, knowing that dropping by Twily’s place unannounced ran the risk of interrupting something important.

WWWXRbf.jpg

"Well boy howdy! You're gonna race? I thought I smelled some muscle in you." Applejack smirked back, bringing her eyelids back to a flirtatious level. "I will trah to keep the dust from under my hooves from gettin' into your face. Or maybe I'll just run ahead to let you breathe."

The mare chuckled lightly as Applejack admitted to suspecting her own athletic aspects and gave her a firm nod, " Well then ya got quite the nose on ya! Guess that's somethin' we got in common." she said with a playful chuckle. In regards to Applejack's last little remark of playful competition she scoffed and smirked, "I shoulda guessed ya'd be racin' too... Sorry ta tell ya this, Miss Applejack but if anypony's be left in the dust it's you!" The mare lifted her hoof to brush the fringe of her mane that hid one of her eyes from view so she could go right back this subtle battle of the gazes the two ponies were engaged in, her smug smile only grew wider as she heard Applejack approve her 'tipping' idea.

"Heh heh, well, I can't keep a satisfied customer from doin' what they please."

"Well... good, maybe if it's reall--" before she could finish what she was saying the kiss was planted on her. The Apple mare wasn't the only one who felt that sudden jolt of electric-like energy as their lips collided. As odd as it sounded the feeling she got from the kiss wasn't in any way romantic, flirty maybe but felt more like it showered her with the energy of two powerful personalities colliding. For a few seconds it left the poor out-of-towner slightly dizzy. Luckily, she managed to regain her bearings soon after the lip-to-lip contact and blushed just as intensely as the kisser did even after Applejack ended the kiss.

Blinking once or twice the mare laughed only semi nervously before sliding five more bits on the table and looking to the elderly mare who was collecting the bits she paid with, " Wow... Yer granddaughter's one hay of a kisser, Ma'am! I'd definitely say it was worth at least... five extra bits don't ya think?"

"What's yer name partner?"

"I'm glad ya asked. The name's Presteza, Travelin' artist and the world's future greatest painter in history!" she stated, puffing her chest out slightly with pride. It seemed that the mare had dreams just as big (if not bigger) than her previously shown streak of confidence. Before she head off to grab her bags and put them on her back she looked back to her soon to be rival and smirked, "I look forward ta racin' with ya! I'll try not ta make it too embarassin'!" she said playfully and moving aside for the next in line.

Applejack chuckled out loud. "Well, nice to meet you Presteza! I guess I'll see ya around. If you can keep up with me, that is." She threw a loud wink to the unicorn mare. She would surely see her again really soon.

Applejack got back to work, though, and wanted to pay good attention to her next important customer. And right there, was Princess Celestia. Applejack gave a light bow behind the booth. "It's honor to see you here, Princess Celestia. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres!"

But what's this? There was this incidental white unicorn in front of her. Applejack didn't realize it at first, but she had seen him before. But from where? And then it came to her. "Hey, I know you. You're that highfalutin' unicorn that annoyed the hay outta Rarity and didn't pay for the treats a few galas ago. Are you gonna buy some apples?" Applejack dropped her expression to that of a more sarcastically disappointed look. "Or are you gonna wait until another pony pays for you?"

44 Kisses left!

Next up

57. Prince Blueblood

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

65. Fluttershy

On hold:

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

TczjcS9.png

Granny Smith smiled at Presteza's words as she accepted the five bit tip.

"Why thank ya, Miss Presteza! I'll be sure ta give AppleJack this tip! She sure did earn it, I reckon."

As Princess Celestia approached the front of the line, Granny Smith was awestruck and immediately gave her a polite bow.

"Your majesty!" the elderly green mare neighed as she bowed momentarily. "Betcha don't remember the first time you and me met! It was a long, long time ago an' I was a little filly back then. Ya greeted mah whole family and even gave us a plot of land ta farm!"

Distracted by the Princess, Uncle Apple Strudel readied his huge, bulky camera and aimed it for a quick photo op. The bearded stallion lit the flash powder, removed the camera lens covers and....

BOOM!!!!!

Once again, Strudel had used too much flash powder. The sound of the exploding powder echoed all around, the flash it produced was blinding as the force of the explosion sent Uncle Apple Strudel skyward.

"ACK! UNEEMAL!" he shouted as he flew straight up in the air.

"Strudel! Git back down here, ya crazy galoot! Earth ponies ain't supposed ta fly!" Granny Smith yelled upward as her brother ascended into the blue sky, and was now starting his descent back down....

Well, this was it. The mare in front of him had paid her bits and gotten her kiss. Mustering his new-found resolve, Prince Blueblood stepped bravely forward-

And had the immediate sensation of running smack into a stone wall. Applejack's voice and exp<b></b>ression all indicated a residual antipathy, and some instinct told the stallion that she was the sort who would hold on very stubbornly onto her first impressions of him. It really didn't help either, that the first words out of his mouth were, "I am perfectly capable of paying for comestibles that I shall actually eat."

That was not at all an apology, and he knew it. The Prince tried to take a deep breath, and get a better rein on his tongue. "Nevertheless... It was wrong of me to make a scene like that. I was... unjustifiably rude, and I am sorry." There, he'd said it. That hadn't been so hard, but he suspected that the whole business was not going to stop here. She would be suspicious, seize upon every possible mistake or hesitation in his wording, and overall work to further tarnish his name in this town. Blueblood could feel resentment building up in him even now, and he had to take another deep breath to try and calm down.

"In any case... I would like some apples. Preferably, one of the slightly tart and refreshing varieties. Can't stand too much sweet stuff." It was true, really. Blueblood's diet was not anywhere near as rich as he was. Part of it came from the fact that he was raised in a very appearance-oriented household, where fattening foods were shunned, but even so, his personal tastes would always gravitate to fresh apples than to anything made from them. It wasn't just class prejudice that kept him away from 'common carnival food'...

And then came the sudden explosion. Apparently, one of the Apple clan was a shutterbug, but one with more enthusiasm than expertise. As soon as the flash powder (and Apple Strudel) went up, the Prince felt a searing pain in his retinas. "My eyes! Augh! I didn't think you were that angry!"

He was still egocentric enough to assume that everything around him was due to him, even if he was apologetic enough to think he might deserve it. He was still Blueblood, after all...

Edited by Rackenhammer

Red Cedar happily strolled down the path away from the train station and the centre of town. He always felt better in a smaller town, close to the wilderness. It was much prettier and less bustling and hectic than any of the bigger cities. If there was a lot of activity here, something was going on.

He shifted the saddlebags full of gear on his back. Sightseeing through Ponyville could wait until he got back, but a week of camping in the White Tail Woods beckoned for now. There was just one thing left that he needed to add to his provisions before he set off hiking into the woods, and that was some fresh apples, and he knew where to get those.

As he strolled down the path, watching wild trees give way to apple trees at the sides of the road and coming over a slight rise, his mouth nearly dropped. "Wow!" he said to himself. "They're busy today." He trotted up to the end of the line to wait his turn with the other ponies, looking ahead at the banner over the front gate of the farm.

"What in Equestria is an apple-kiss?" he thought to himself.

• Like 1

The princess was rather entertained by the guard stallion's reaction, and felt that it was fine to continue it a bit more, though not much longer as she was quickly approaching the front of the line. It wouldn't be like when she enjoyed Miss Presteza's reactions to her playfulness, but still this was two-fold, it would be fun for her, and a learning experience for him. If at the end they learned to be careful of what they said of Luna behind her back, then it would be well worth it, even if she knew that it was a bit much to use her complicated past with her sister for a bit of a joke.

At Lt Silverheart's initial reaction, stating he didn't know what he assumed Celestia merely shook her head as if to be disappointed. Really it was a harmless inquiry, and probably had she not done similar to Presteza and allowed Silver to be more lax, she probably would have let it go and carry on acting as a princess, possibly even answering in earnest with current events that they had experienced. Even though the sister's were communicating better, Celestia still felt that she was getting more attention than her sister and that, even if just a bit, Luna felt, for lack of a better word, eclipsed by her at times.

He continued on saying he would make reprimands to those under his charge, unless Celestia did not wish him to return. Celestia smirked quickly but had to keep a straight face, so she quickly wiped it hoping that Silver would not notice and ruin her ruse. "Though I may make that decision myself, I do not often take action where I have officers to deal with internal discipline. I do believe notifying Col. Pummel would be the better choice Lt. Silverheart. However..." Celestia paused momentarily, "If you do as you say, I may...forget... to mention it to him." Celestia would likely tell him at the end that he really did nothing wrong and perhaps even tell him something personal as recompense, but that could wait for now... It was time to greet the host who was currently talking with Blueblood.

Celestia smiled and bowed her head slightly to her host. "It is a pleasure to see you again Applejack. And thank you for your kind welcome." Celestia greeted the farm mare. Just then she also greeted her nephew in what she quite honestly expected, with a bit of sarcasm and anonymity towards her wayward nephew. Even making a crack about paying for his own food.

Just then Granny Smith greeted the sun princess, asking if she remembered. And though it had been ages since they last met and she was just a filly at the time, Celestia of course remembered her. Celestia was nothing if not caring of her subjects, and she would not forget such a meeting like that. "But of course I recall that, it was when I entrusted this land to your family. You were just a filly back then." Celestia said with a warm smile. "And it does seem that it was the right choice to make. Your family has done a wonderful job taking care of this land, and a lovely town has even grown around your farm." Celestia praised the Apple family and their grand efforts to make this land as it is now. Before she could continue and even respond to her son's response to Applejack (and rather lackluster apology) Uncle Strudel used too much flash powder in his camera and was sent careening to the sky. With the flash slightly blinding her she could only hear the scream as he kept on going higher.

As Uncle Strudel made his way down Celestia's vision returned just enough to be able to see the falling stallion. She instantly used her magic and flew up to catch him in mid-air and gently brought him back down. "That was rather dangerous. You should not use so much flash powder in your camera flash, especially on such a lovely day as today. You would overexpose your film." Celestia said wisely to the elder stallion. Now that the incident was over Celestia could finally turn her attention to Blueblood. "I do think you should try that again my nephew, perhaps without the pause and the accusatory tone that they did such a thing to harm you. From what Princess Luna told me, something similar happened when she visited earlier. If anything it is because of my presence, rather than yours."

• Like 1

Applejack rolled her eyes at Blueblood's immediate response. And then after, as he sarcastically apologized, Applejack figured it was as good as she was going to get, so she responded. "You're forgiven, I guess."

Applejack fetched a bushel of Granny Smith apples and set in on the table. "Here, Prince, uh, whatever yer name is. These are more tarty that than are sweet for apples. I think these are just what you need. That'll be five bits." Applejack tried to make light of the sale and continue as normal, but a large crash exploded next to her, where her great uncle was trying to take a picture, and used up too much flash powder.

After things settled, and Blueblood was blinded, Applejack scolded. "Consarnit, Uncle. Can't you do that some place else!" Applejack yelled the whisper next to her, but it was easily heard from around. Did she just use vulgar language in front of the Princess? Applejack felt embarrassed, but was also annoyed but a couple ponies in her presence, namely the over-reacting unicorn stallion stumbling helplessly. Applejack felt no remorse.

"Five bits, buddy."

44 Kisses left!

Next up

57. Prince Blueblood

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

65. Fluttershy

66. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

There was a limit to how dense even Prince Blueblood could be. Generally, he didn't realize before or during the fact that he was making a fool of himself, but he certainly knew afterwards. After a few blinks to clear the yellow flashing lights from his vision, it began to dawn upon him that everypony was staring at him. His aunt was gently chiding him, in that way of hers that revealed that she really didn't think of him as a grown-up, and probably never would. The apple seller was certainly not impressed at his apology or his display.

The Prince's class and culture were not of much help to him here. Among the aristocracy, showing shame or embarrassment was considered a sign of weakness, and there were many times when he'd covered a social faux pas by doubling down on his rude behavior. But, there was a part of him that really did genuinely want to do better, though it was feeling mightily discouraged right now. The unicorn was feeling too humiliated to care about looking dignified anymore. There was no recovering from this; he just wanted to get out of here.

He looked up at Celestia, brushing the dust off his white coat as he got back to his hooves. "Oh, what's the point? I could make my apology more polished, but I've never seen that make any more sincere." Apologies were rare in his social circle, and those who were best at giving them generally got that way mostly because they were practiced at being rude. Blueblood had always been too embarrassed to apologize when he was rude, but not quite hypocritical enough to say he was sorry when he wasn't.

Turning back to Applejack, he sighed, digging out a hoof-ful of bits. "Thank you." He said softly. "Save the kiss for somepony who deserves it." It was probably the most gracious thing he could have said, had probably ever said, in his life. Truth be told, he just wanted to slink away without drawing any more attention to himself. Plus, that part of him that wanted to improve felt that he really oughtn't to expect anything more from her.

Applejack kissed Prince Blueblood on the cheek as he turned away. If not for her stubbornness to give every customer in line what they were promised for today's sale, Applejack would have wanted to prove a point to the stallion anyway. There wasn't much she could really teach him, but this one was easy enough for to pull out. She had recited this one probably twenty times to Apple Bloom already. "It's not about what you deserve, partner. I love my customers for their loyalty all the same, and so I want to give them a sign of my appreciation, no matter how uncouth, or highfalutin they might be." Applejack finished with a winking smirk. It was the kind of facial expression that thanked him for the business while having a background posture that shows she still did not respect him.

Applejack started trying to play the calmer role, as she was now in the full embrace of Princess Celestia. What an honor it was. But while Applejack was excited to have the single most influential pony in Equestria curious enough about the sale to come to the farm, she also already had two princesses today. Applejack wondered if she would set a pony record for number of princesses kissed in one day. "Princess Celestia." Applejack came out from the booth, took her hat off, and bowed. "Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres."

43 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

65. Fluttershy

66. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

Even after considering everything that had arguably gone wrong over the course of it, Blueblood hadn't had a conversation with any mare that had ended quite so well as that. He brought his hoof up to where Applejack had kissed him with an expression of pleased surprise, as much at what she had to say as her kiss. True, his aunt had on many occasions tried to get some egalitarian notions into his head, but as is often the case, advice from strangers is often better received than dictates from family authority.

"Well then, thank you, Lady Applejack." He raised a green apple as if to toast her as she walked back. Bringing the fruit up to his mouth, he took a delicate bite, the cool, semi-sweet juice exactly hitting the spot desired. Previously, about the only way he'd been able to tell a good mare from a bad was that the former would not stand an overly narcissistic attitude from him. Perhaps one's produce was a better judge of character.

*Stop. You're getting entirely too silly.* Shaking his head, as if to clear it of undignified thoughts, he started to tug his purchased bushel back towards the parked cart. As he was unused to physical labor, this was going to take some time. It was a sign of some good that the visit did, that he didn't immediately think of going on his high horse and calling a guard over to haul it away.

" YOOOHOOO! Piiiiinccchhhhhy! "

Pinchy was right behind the Princess! She had been the whole time! She had been so in awe the whole time that she didn't even really notice what had happened before. Somepony said something and somepony else thought that wasn't a good thing to say? Or was everypony just talking? She didn't know. Nor did she care! I mean, come on, the PRINCESS was standing in front of her! Hopefully she didn't take a step back and step on the filly while she wasn't paying attention... But, threat of being accidently crushed aside- Oh, wait. There it was.

Her ears perked when she heard a very familiar voice call out. The kind of voice and foal could hear even in the most chaotic of places. The voice of her mother! Looking back, she saw Berry waving. Pinchy waved back so hard it was almost like her leg could fall off, grinning ear to ear. "HI MOMMY!" she shouted, wanting to project her voice back so she could be heard. "I CAME HERE BECAUSE I REMEMBER YOU SAYING YOU NEEDED SOME APPLES BUT NOW YOU'RE HERE TOO!" I was gonna be a surprise, and she didn't really expect her mother to do that shopping today... But, maybe this works out for the better?

She didn't know there was a kissy thingy though. She only found out about that not long after she got there. Blegh. Maybe she could get a hug instead? Hugs weren't icky. Didn't she do a report on this stuff in school? Not kissy stuff, but why kissy stuff was icky? Course, now she knew cooties didn't really exist... Didn't make kissy stuff less gross though. Who would do that?

Celestia's words had fallen on deaf ears, however she knew well how he was. There was still a hope that Applejack would be able to break through his years of elitist upbringing. She had a way with her honesty to get through in ways that the princess often could not. Though it could have also just become status quo in their relationship and any amount of chiding or gentle nudging away from his upbringing. His response to the Celestia's suggestion of a redux for an apology was not well met and, to a degree she expected that, though not to out right refuse, seeming defeated.

Applejack and Blueblood had a bit of an exchange, wherein Applejack not only gave Blueblood a kiss but explained her reasoning. And a light seemed to go off in her nephew's head. He even chose to take his produce himself, not calling on those that pulled his carriage, or suggesting one of the Apples should help him. Perhaps he was coming along after all. "See? That was no so bad, now was it nephew?" Celestia whispered in his ear as he cantered off with his produce, eating one.

Just then Applejack greeted the princess with a bow. Celestia smiled "Please Applejack, there is no need for that." Celestia said with a smile, suggesting that Applejack should raise her head. After all she was visiting her farm as a patron, not a princess. "And thank you for your kind welcome. It has been far too long since I have seen you last. It is nice that we can meet when the fate of Equestria is not in the balance" Celestia said jokingly.

TczjcS9.png

Granny Smith happily neighed in response to Princess Celestia's recollections about their first meeting.

"Lands sakes! You sure do have a good memory, yur highness," the elderly mare said, "I have trouble rememberin' what I had fer breakfast this mornin'!"

After the blast that sent Uncle Apple Strudel skyward, he fell towards the ground, covering his eyes and waiting for impact with the Earth before Princess Celestia used her magic to bring him down safely.

"Danka! Danka Princess Celestia, und I vill remember vhat you said to me!"

"Strudel, are ya alright?"

"Ja Granny, I am fine."

"You SURE yur alright?"

"Ja mein sister, I am unharmed."

"WELL THEN, TAKE THIS!" the furious mare yelled as she grabbed the tripod and slammed it down on the bearded stallion's head, breaking it in half. "That's fer scarin' ten years outta mah life with that fool stunt of yurs! You ever pull a trick like that agin' and I'll REALLY give it to ya good, got me?"

"Javol, Granny Smith," the dazed, wobbly elderly stallion said as tweeting birds circled his head.

EjczhWO.jpg

"Though I may make that decision myself, I do not often take action where I have officers to deal with internal discipline. I do believe notifying Col. Pummel would be the better choice Lt. Silverheart. However..." Celestia paused momentarily, "If you do as you say, I may...forget... to mention it to him."

Fortunately (for Celestia, at least) Silver failed to notice that smirk and instead glared at the fruitbat who was formerly on her highness's nose. Upon hearing her remark that she may send him to the infamous Colonel Pummel the color almost drained from his face. Silver had always been doing his best as a member of the R.E.A. and in his time in it he'd heard many things from the troops about him. That he was incredibly strict and bordered on overbearing taskmaster status. As much as Silver respected his superiors he did not wish to be reprimanded by one of the R.E.A.'s most reputable and tough officers... but if he had to he would,"I-I will accept any punishment you deem necessary your highness... and I'll take it even after I have dispelled these rumors."

As his Sister walked by, apparently having gotten her kiss and apples as well. Looking at her sternly he spoke up,"Presteza! would you please control your pet?" Even though Fresco had moved on to spend some time with Fluttershy... and was now apparently sticking his tongue out at the guard pony for taking that tone with his owner, Silver still felt he needed to reprimand his little sister.

WWWXRbf.jpg

Given Silver's sudden change of demeanor it didn't take long for his sister to put together that the princess must have been messing with him, "Wotsa matter, Silver? Did yer first cru--" Soon she found her brother's hoof cover her mouth,"Shut it!" he said sternly while the mare rolled her eyes then pushed his hoof away and approached him to whisper something in his ear; something that made him beet red and shut him up until Both Celestia and Blueblood had finished their interactions with Applejack.

Walking towards her old acquaintance, Fluttershy she smiled brightly at the pink maned pegasus."I hope Fresco wasn't tellin' ya anything too bad about me!" she said jokingly as the aforementioned fruit bat fluttered over and perched on the cream colored unicorns head, "By the way, wot were ya sayin' about Milk snakes?"

Applejack lifted her head back up and gave a cheeky smile to the Princess, a smile that in its defense was designed to to hide a blush. "Aw thank you kindly, Princess. It's a pleasure to see you again, too! The fate of Equestria isn't being threatened, but I sure have met some interesting individuals today, anyway! Seems like it's always somethin' with this country pony." Applejack tip her hat up and gave a slight smug. She sure was confident in front of Princess, almost as if she was waiting for a moment to prove herself to royalty, not that there was anything to prove anyways.

"So Princess, heh, today's special is five bits for a bushel. How many hundred to you want?" It had been a while since Applejack had the pleasure of showing off Sweet Apple Ares apples to somepony with this kind of prestige. And she figured that Celestia's presence was here in response to her satisfaction with the monthly taste testing shipment Applejack sends to the castle in Canterlot. Why else would she be here? Applejack turned away slightly. "And I give a kiss to anypony who buys a bushel or more today." Applejack's hooves reach across her face, as if she was trying to hide embarrassment.

43 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

65. Fluttershy

66. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

Well, this had turned out interesting - she pondered whether or not pinchy had any idea what the entire deal of this line was, but dismissed it quickly...Pinchy wasn't really into the whole romantic or even kissy scene yet, so it seemed doubtful that she'd be here for the same reasons most other ponies were.

Of course, she could see that the filly was next to the princess in line - the initial shock of Celestia's presence had almost worn off somewhat on the mare, but she knew that this would possibly be a moment that the youngster would remember for a long time. She curses herself somewhat for not having brought a camera with her, but decided that perhaps that was for the best...clearly the princess was already far too busy in conversation to even remotely have time for a picture from a silly mother pony like her...but there WAS always Pinchy!

" PINCHY - SAY HELLO TO THE PRINCESS! " Berry called out loudly, waving back at her young impressionable filly. " YOU MAY NOT GET THIS CHANCE AGAIN! "

Well, she may not be right there beside her silly daughter, but Berry knew that. at the very least, Pinchy would listen to her and perhaps make the best of this before the moment passed!

One day on the Apple Farm does not undo a lifetime of class-conscious conditioning. But then again, this wasn't actually the first day Prince Blueblood had made an effort to get away from his worst side, and it would not be the last. True, he'd gone through a rather humiliating display, and his apologies still needed work, but the farmer had accepted, so it was all good, right?

"No," He said, half to himself and half to his aunt. "That was not so bad at all."

(Just a quick post to have Blueblood exit stage left. Thanks for making my debut thread with him so fun!)

• 2 weeks later...

As Blueblood walked away Celestia got the feeling that he had learned something. Celestia was not sure what, but she was certain this was a good experience for him. He even commented that it wasn't as bad as he had feared it would be. Celestia smiled at her nephew. "I am glad you thought so." Celestia replied. "I shall see you back at the castle later." Celestia smiled sending her nephew off.

Celestia smiled at the confidence AJ was exhibiting. It was always a pleasure to speak with her student's closest friends, and this was no different, even if she was a customer at her farm. "The most interesting ponies always appear in a long queue, and is always a fun experience," Celestia replied with an air of knowing, "Even if the task at hand is not as interesting as kissing" Celestia said jokingly.

Celestia laughed at the farm pony and her comment about hundreds of bushels. "I of course will be buying some for myself and some for my castle, but a hundred is a bit excessive without my chef and bakers here to dictate what they need and they most certainly know more than I." Celestia said humbly. "I will be taking twenty three bushels though, three for myself now and some to be picked up later. It may not be a hundred, but I do hope it will suffice for now. I will have a chariot come later to pick up the remainder I leave here, if that is alright with you of course." Celestia waited for the reply before making her official order. She knew what she wanted for herself and for her chefs (at least of what she wanted to be made, and she was confident that they would make whatever she bought be delicious in their culinary creations).

Applejack laughed sheepishly as Celestia remarked on the humor that resonated between herself at the Princess. It was odd, as Applejack and Celestia were from very different lifestyles, but their respect for one another seemed to overcome any awkwardness that could have been. Which was a little more than Applejack could say about Princess Luna. As Celestia explained why she would not necessarily being needing hundreds of bushels, she humbly asked for twenty three. Applejack nodded and did the math in her head within a short five seconds. "That'll be... one hundred and fifteen bits. I normally don't do this for ponies, but in your case, Princess, I would gladly bill this order to the castle if you do not have the bits on hoof. A Princess can't be worried about carrying around loose change with her own face on 'em, can she?" Applejack chuckled and then waited for a serious response.

43 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Ruby Pinch

60. Charming Masquerade

61. Memory Lane

62. Princess Cadance

63. Berry Punch

65. Fluttershy

66. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

TczjcS9.png

Granny Smith, after giving her bearded brother a piece of her mind, listened to Princess Celestia's apple order.

"HAY STRUDEL!" the elderly mare shouted, "Princess Celestia jist ordered 23 bushels of apples! Three ta take with'r and the other 20 ta be picked up later on! Bring three bushels up to the stand fer AppleJack ta give out and then go back and set aside 20 bushels, mark'm so ya don't accidentally sell'm off!

"Javol mein sister!" Apple Strudel neighed as the bearded stallion went straight to work. Moving very quickly for a pony his age, Uncle Apple Strudel soon brought up three bushels of fresh apples to the apple stand. "Dere now! I vill go set aside dee rest of dee bushels dee Princess bought."

"See that ya do, brother," Granny Smith said as she then turned to see what would happen next at the apple stand.

Pinchy had to say hi to the Princess?!

Well, if mommy commands it, so it shall be! Besides, how hard could saying hello to the most powerful alicorn monarch in the known world be?

Very, apparently. So far, she tried at least three times to get the words 'hi princess' out of her muzzle, but she had to stop herself short. Why? Because her mind knew her mouth was just going to spout nervous noises like 'bahp' ' eeep' and 'haaahm'.

As adorable as a bashful filly can be, there's no worse feeling than cowering into silence when all you want to do is say hello to somepony who you know is probably going to be genuinely pleased to be greeted. Oh course, through all this worrying, she actually forgot that, while it was a nice thing to do, it was something she was tol to do! Quickly, she looked up at the towering mare, who currently had her back to the filly, and she just gave a quick wave and spouted "Hi Princess!!" before going back to her worrying about how she was going to greet her god-monarch. Good thing she got what her mother wanted out of the way before focusing on her own task at hoof...

Oh, and it was her turn to buy apples next! Shoot, how much money did she bring? How much did her mother need? She couldn't remember... Oh well, she'd just have to wing it.