[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Cheerilee had a very flat look on her face as Apple Bloom kept trying in vain to negotiate her way out of trouble.  If only the young filly had acknowledged she had done wrong, and apologized, she would indeed have gotten off quite lightly.  Instead, she was making just digging herself a deeper and deeper hole by trying to bribe her teacher!  "Well, I don't know about the playground - we need some professional supplies for that, to make sure that our repairs don't cause yet another young foal an injury.  But I appreciate that offer of helping fix up some things around the schoolhouse.  I'll be sure to let Applejack know that was your idea when we tell her about how you got in trouble in the first place."

Fluttershy's fear and nervousness was now warring with her guilt.  Oh goodness, the LAST thing she wanted to do was drive off Applejack's business!  It was just one kiss...  from one of her closest friends...  she could do this...  she could do... Oh why did there have to be so many ponies here!  She'd much prefer it if she could somehow do this away from the others in line, and Applejack's family.  But, that could make the customers suspect something and...  Oh!!!  This was so frustrating!  But, that frustration was enough to push her forward.

Responding to Applejack's 'do-over,' Fluttershy said, "Oh, Hello Applejack!" in a casual, yet forced tone.  Then. raising her voice a bit, she said, stiffly, "Only 10 bits for two bushels?  That is a very good deal!"

As Fluttershy pulled the bits from her coin purse, she realized that Night Glider had asked if she had to pay anything to stay with her!  The small laugh she gave at that relaxed her a little more, and she turned back to the dark pegasus.  "Oh, Night Glider, you don't have to do anything for me, and you certainly don't have to pay anything!  I'm helping out a friend, and that is payment enough!

She then turned back to Applejack.  Fluttershy gritted her teeth, and said, "Here you go, 10 bits!  Now, I'm supposed to get a k-k-k-kiss...?"  She forced a smile onto her face, but her eyes were dilated in barely suppressed panic...

Gideon softly tapped a paw on the ground as he waited, his tail swishing from side to side in boredom. He knew that lines could be slow but sheesh! Leaning aside he glanced up ahead in the line. Seems some kind of ordeal was going on with the yellow pony. She looked like an awkward sort, and sure enough he was right. How long were they gonna keep this up?

Sighing to himself the diamond dog pulled a bit out from the pocket of his coat and started to flip it. Heads. Tails. Tails. Head. Heads. In his mind he was wondering just how long it would take for the yellow pony, who was clearly at least six bundles of nerves, bolted out of here in terror. But the apple salesmare seemed to know how to handle her. To tell the truth, Gideon himself felt kinda awkward as he glanced over the flier again. Kissing booths of any kind weren't his normal stop, but it was a good deal on some pretty good looking apples so he could deal with it.

Glancing over his shoulder at the winded pony who had arrived not long after he did, Gideon gave him an appraising glance and a friendly grin. "In an awful big hurry to hurry up and wait, friend." he said, still idly flipping his coin. "It looks like we're gonna be here for a while. The name's Gideon, pleasure to meetcha I'm sure." since he would probably be here a good while, there was no sense in standing around bored, may as well strike up some conversation. Never know, may end up hearing some good gossip.

• 2 weeks later...

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Fluttershy's exchange, though very false and manufactured, supplied just enough material to create a believable sale of apples. "Yes, it is a good deal. And yep, you get to have a casual, not wierd at all, friendly kiss. Where would you like me to kiss you, friend?" Applejack explained as flatly as she could, her tone attempting to pull some sort of casual nature out of Fluttershy, if there was any to be had. "The choice is yours."

39 Kisses left!

Next up
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider

65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Honeywing

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

Problems and rules log (please review):
UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :???:
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :???:
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :???:
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :???:
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Mint started to speak, then closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. When he'd managed to slow his breathing from frantic to merely heavy, he straightened up and brushed his mane out of his eyes with a hoof. Diamond dog, looked somewhat well-to-do for a diamond dog, either a low ranking dog in a very well off pack or an alpha in a moderately...No, stop, not at work.

"Mint Zest. I wasn't expecting a line, hope they have apples left by the time I get up there..." the unicorn said, shaking his head to clear it. His green eyes focused on the dog (Gilderaan? Gridiron? No, Gideon.) and he canted it to one side. "I really didn't expect to see a diamond dog either, if you'll pardon my curiosity. Does your pack enjoy apples often? Oh, and do you prepare them a special way? You guys don't usually stop by the Inn, and when you do it's usually meat, or mushroom stew."

Probably best to get out a notebook, the Boss would want to know all this stuff, and Mint was horrible at remembering that kind of detail off-hoof.

• 4 weeks later...

Fluttershy wasn't sure how much longer she could keep up this act.  Forcing herself to smile and calmly talk to Applejack about k-k-k-kissing her was fraying her very last nerve.  She could barely hear her friend speaking to her over the pounding of her heart in her ears.  Finally, a small, almost infinitesimal voice in her head prompted her just get it over with!

Gulping, she stuttered out "Ok-k-kay..."   Then she squeezed her eyes shut, puckered her lips, and waited for the inevitable...

• Like 1

Well that didn't work. Here she was offering to repay what she had done to hurt the school by going ahead and offering up some good, honest physical labor and her teacher was basically ruining it! Well, nopony ever said life was fair. And if they did, well, ponies had to know that was a bald faced lie. No matter what though, she didn't want Cheerilee to get her in trouble with Applejack, especially with how the day was going. That'd be one heck of a fly in the ointment! “C'mon Miss Cheerilee, don't do that! Ah'm sorry about that. Ah didn't think it'd hurt none, an' Ah needed ta help Applejack make sure this was tha most successful day ever! Heck, Ah suggested some sorta kissin' booth, an' what would she think if it had been a big ol' stack of floppy pancakes?”

As for Night Glider, things went well. No extra payment? That was really very kind of Fluttershy. She had believed she needed to make sure it was a fair exchange! But this was even better. Even though it was unfair. Sometimes unfair was nice? Well, a weird lesson to learn but that was okay. “Oh! Okay. Well. You just go ahead and, uhh, kiss your friend. It's private, right? Kisses? I'll look away. Umm, yeah,” Night Glider said, slowly turning to the side to avoid embarrassing the mare. In doing so, she saw a diamond dog. “Oh, wow. A Diamond Dog. Where do you live?” And she also saw an awfully pretty red mare. “Your mane is really pretty, by the way.”

TczjcS9.png

Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel look on as the nervous Fluttershy's close encounter with Applejack.

"No wonder ol' Big Mac ain't delivered mah pie to her yet, she's kinda busy right now," Granny Smith said in a low voice.

"Or perhaps Herr Big  Mac is too shy to make dee delivery," Uncle Apple Strudel whispered back, "vhy are you alvays trying to play matchmaker for yur grandkids?"

"Cause I want some great grandfoals!  I ain't gitt'n no younger an' you ain't either, baby brother!"

"But love must happen naturally, it cannot me forced, mein sister.  Remember several years ago, you tried to get Frau Applejack together vith dat hippie stallion?"

"Hay!  I liked'm!  He had that thar, peaceful nature, around him.  Shoot, if'n I was seventy years younger, I'd made a run at'm mahself!"

"Mein point is, dat didn't vork, und neither vill your efforts to put Fluttershy together vith Big Mac.  You need to stop dis at vonce!"

"Reckon ya gotta point thar, Strudel.  Besides, I'm thinkin' ol' Big Mac would git along better with that, Marble Pie filly..."

"GRANNY!!"

"Ok ok, but I kin dream, can't I?"

As soon as Fluttershy began to pucker, Applejack took it upon herself to act fast. There was no telling how quickly the shy pegesus' nerves would snap again. And so, with little hesitation, since Fluttershy seemed to let the lips get the treat, Applejack squared up, and pecked her back on the lips. Their lips, though mostly dry, stuck together just enough to feel the pullaway. "Aw, shucks, Sugarcube. You kiss like an angel. Er, not your bunny friend, but, you know what I mean. Thanks for the sale, friend." Applejack went back to her presentation style, speaking in a loud tone so others could hear. "You go on an enjoy these apples now, sealed with that kiss, heh heh." Applejack chuckled. She may have appeared to push Fluttershy away, but she was aware several ponies in line were getting a little impatient. Applejack pointed with her hoof towards Night Glider, a pegasus who seemed to be trying to get Fluttershy's attention.

Next in line, a stallion. It had been a while since Applejack sold to a stallion. Last stallion she met was Blueblood. Yeah, actually, it was even longer since Applejack met a true stallion. Although she wasn't too familiar with this one. "Howdy. You look like you're in the tree business." She eyes his cutie mark. "How about some delicious fruit from a tree?"

38 Kisses left!

Next up
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch
62. Fluttershy :oops:

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Cheerilee could understand Applebloom’s motives and admired the little filly’s devotion to family, indeed it could be said that she was even a little jealous, as she lamented having such a rocky relationship for such a long time with her one and only sister, Cheery Blossom.  This created a small dilemma in the cerise mare’s mind - she wanteded to see such creative initiative and devotion to family pay off, but at the same time she just couldn’t just let Applebloom off the hook, as it would set a bad example.

“I’m happy to hear that you apologize and accept responsibility for what you did”.  In Cheerilee’s mind, Applebloom was no doubt just as sorry for being caught as for what she did, and the filly’s apology was reflective of that, but she was being generous given the situation and offering the Apple filly a way out of getting in even more trouble and possibly ruining Applejack’s day.  Still there was no way Applebloom could get off scot free.  “I’m afraid you’ll have to make up for using the school’s supplies by staying after school for the next two weeks and helping with cleaning duties, that sounds fair don’t you think Applebloom?”

Of course, in her conversation, one oddity Applebloom mentioned off-hoofed was stuck in Cheerilee’s mind, “did you say kissing booth?   Is that something extra on the side to promote the sale?”  She looked bemused; Applejack didn’t seem like the type to set up a kissing booth for extra bits, Rarity perhaps, but AJ?  Never in all her life did Cheerilee recall her doing something so... Flirtatious.  What would have inspired the orchard mare to do such a thing?

Red had been watching the pegasus in front of him receive her kiss with something of a perplexed look on his face. That had to be the most hammed-up sale of apples he had ever seen in his life, and he wasn't sure if that was to sell the whole fact that a kiss was bundled with every sale or to get the visibly terrified mare who'd been standing rigid as a board the whole time to accept it.

Nevertheless, that left him at the front of the line, and he took a bit of a breath to calm himself as well as he stepped up to the booth with the lovely orange mare behind, careful of his saddlebags of camping gear. He set down the flier the younger yellow filly had stuck in his tail, and nodded. "Yes, I am, and that's exactly why I'm here," he said, which was honest enough as he had been coming for apples for his trip anyway. The kiss was a definitely bonus. Unhitching one large empty saddlebag from his side, he set it on the counter of the booth. "I'd like one bushel, please." he added, before asking, "So, this is going to be an annual sale?"

Edited by RedCedar

Gideon couldn't help but to snicker. Mint was just a bundle of questions, especially for being so out of breath just moments ago. At least it was all polite and innocuous sort of questions. "Don't you worry, nothing to pardon." he said with a grin. "Well my pack don't usually partake in apples, sometimes we make some trades with ponies for em though. But like you mentioned, usually meat or mushrooms. I personally prefer a good apple pie or tart. But roasted apples can be pretty good too." the canine licked his lips at the mention of food, his stomach grumbling just a little bit.

As it seemed like things were slowly starting to move again ahead of the diamond dog, another pony, Night Glider he thought he overheard, had spun around. He figured to give the yellow pegasus a little privacy. He figured that even if it was only her by herself, there wouldn't be enough privacy for her. "My pack lives out in a cave system, beneath the Appleloosa desert. Not too far from the...ugh. From the train tracks." Gideon shuddered softly at the mention of trains, his bent tail swishing in response before he cleared his throat to regain his composure. "It's nice and cool year round, without ever getting too chilly."

"You, want the bushel in the bag? Uh, partner, I don't think you'll be able to put them in there, at least not all of them." Applejack scuffled back for a bit, and pushed forward a bushel of apples. These apples were of several different colors, a pre-made bushel with combinations of apple types for the customers that don't mention what kind of apples they want. "This here is a bushel. Just small enough to carry on your back. You can carry a couple if you're a strong one."

When asked if this would be annual, Applejack couldn't help but chuckle. Her initial perception was that it was some kind of joke, but she knew right away it wasn't intended to be as such. "What? Heh ha! Hum... I mean. No. This is a one of a kind sale. It'll never happen again, after today." Applejack looked over at the pony who was responsible for this sale idea, her sister Apple Bloom, who was in conversation with Cheerilee. "Celestia willing." She turned back to Red and smiled wide. "One bushel? Five bits!"

38 Kisses left!

Next up
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest

Inactive:

Kissed
1-10

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 2 weeks later...

Fluttershy was frozen for a moment when she felt Applejack's lips touch her own.  When the earth pony pulled away, Fluttershy staggered for a moment.  Her knees felt weak... her cheeks felt like they were on fire...  her brain felt like it had shut down.  However, she had the presence of mind to turn back to Night Glider.

"I'll... be right over here...  until you are done..." she said to the other pegasus, haltingly. 

Fluttershy weaved a path toward Granny Smith and Apple Strudel.  Her legs were wobbling, and crossing each other at random intervals.  When she reached the elderly ponies, her eyes rolled up, and she stiffened before keeling over.  As she hit the ground, though, she had the faintest smile on her face...

• Like 3

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

All things considered, Apple Bloom was pleased with how this whole deal had worked out. After all, she had already offered to go ahead and help fix the playground to make up for her misdeed. Cleaning the school instead for two weeks after school was more or less the same sort of time it would probably take to do either task, so she considered either one a win-win. “That sounds like a plan to me, Miss Cheerilee. Heh. That floor is mighty dirty, don'tcha think? Ah think whoever cleans 'em normally needs to live on the farm for a while. Get rid of all those bad cleanin' habits, 'cause mah room looks better on a Saturday mornin' after mah friends were over than that floor looks after somepony gets paid ta do it, Ah bet,” Apple Bloom semi-rambled, mostly to make herself feel better about having to clean that dusty old floor.

The topic turned a little towards something Apple Bloom would actually like to talk about, the event they were hosting today! She could never get tired of talking about it. “Yep! It's tha whole point of tha sale for some ponies, Ah'm sure. Why, Ah got ta thinkin' yesterday while mah family and Ah were sittin' around brainstormin' how ta sell a heapin' of extra apples we have on account of Pinkie's party fillin' y'all with all that cake and cookie goodness. An' Ah thought 'bout kissing booths you see at carnivals and festivals and such an Ah said, 'Ya know, mah sister is the prettiest and best mare this side of Celestia. Who wouldn't want ta kiss her' an' so Ah told 'em and they all loved tha idea. Loved it!” She said even more excitedly, convincing herself of it. “An' so tha first Annual Apple Kiss was born! Five bits getscha a bushel an' a kiss and everypony wantsa ta do it. Why, we've had all four Princesses come here today! Ah bet we're gonna do this every year 'till tha end of time! Or apples, whatever comes first. Probably time. Miss Cheerilee, will there be apples after time?”

Night Glider listened to the Diamond Dog, who had a pretty cool voice too. Was it cool because his personal voice was cool or did they all sound cool? If it was the second, he lucked out. Night Glider thought her voice made her sound like an airhead, which she kinda was sometimes to her credit. Or not credit. Whatever. He was cool. “That cave system sounds really cool. Do you ever let ponies in there? Willingly, I mean,” Night Glider asked nonchalantly, only turning when the coast was made clear by Fluttershy. Kinda. What was up with her? Geez. That pegasus sure was weird sometimes, but also very nice. She looked like a raspberry about to burst. Then she walked to some old ponies. Her eyes rolled up and then she fell down, a smile on her face.

"O-Okay Fluttershy. I'll meet you...uhh...soon."
That was weird. Nght Glider blushed and looked around impishly, like she had see something she shouldn't have. She endeavored to make sure whatever this Apple Jackalope or what she could remember of her name did, she would't go stumbling off. Or whatever it was Fluttershy was doing. Did. She was still smiling though...so...
“...I'll have what she had.”

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

Red's eyes opened wider, and then he frowned slightly, as Applejack brought forward a bushel of mixed apples. While he'd accounted for the weight of a bushel on his back while he would be hiking through the woods on his camping trip, it seemed he had seriously underestimated the volume of them. "Oh," he said, then started unhitching his remaining saddlebags. "Uhm, okay, well, let's fill up this empty bag as far as it goes, and then, I'll see if I can shuffle anything else around here. Hang on." With that, he began rummaging through his saddlebags, quickly trying to compress what few pieces of camping gear he had brought with him in the first place into an even smaller space, pausing to place five bits on the stand's counter. "There. That'll make room for one more apple," he said.

As he shifted and repacked and redistributed the weight of his gear in his saddlebags, trying to stuff in ever more apples, he looked up. "That's too bad that it's only going to be the one time. I was already planning next year's vacation around this. Lucky I came when I did!" he said, smiling up to her, then went back to packing in apples.

• 4 weeks later...

As Apple Bloom rambled, Applejack could hear the cute sounds of her little sister yapping about imagination and integrity and inspiration. All the great things a young pony living on a farm should think and say. However, Applejack was not enjoying the sounds of her talking as if this type of sale was going to continue arguably until the end of time. Applejack several times tried to clear her throat while she talked, louder and louder. But Apple Bloom wasn't getting the hint. Finally, when Apple Bloom finished with a question towards Cheerilee, Applejack blurted out, "Apple Bloom! Dear. Um, you mind kiss testing, ah mean taste testing some of the apples in the honeycrisp pile?" Applejack smiled widely back at her customers. Nothing to see or hear here.

As Red Cedar started to shift around his weight and try to figure out how he could manage carrying his apples, Applejack gladly swiped the bits as soon as they hit the counter. She waited a bit for him to get situated, but eventually interrupted his focus on storage.
"Well, looks like you know where you want to put your apples." She relaxed her eyelids. "But do you know where you want that kiss?"

38 Kisses left!

Next up
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider
65. Granola Gracie

66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Mint Zest

Inactive:

Kissed
1-10

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

"Chip actually does a pretty mean ginger apple pie. Most ponies just use cinnamon, but Boss never really lets anyone at the inn get away with what most ponies do as an excuse. Why I'm here today, actually, even though I'm just the host." Mint replied, taking notes furiously with telekinesis while he moved with the line. "Well. Host and maître d'hôtel, after Aliments Chic retired last year."

He actually slipped a ledger out of his saddlebags and checked a couple of columns of notes briefly as he spoke, slipping it away almost immediately. "Anyway, it's interesting to see Diamond Dogs around ponies this far from Canterlot, you guys tend to be pretty insular."

Cheerilee had one eyebrow raised with a flat expression as Applebloom commented on how dirty the floor of the school house got in her eyes, the young filly did know that it got that way every day because of the students right?  For Cheerilee, it was a very small price to pay for the fillies and colts education, but it did get cleaned up every afternoon, usually by the students themselves, sometimes as volunteers, usually as part of detention.  “Well Applebloom, since you’ll be so much time after school as part of your willingness to offer your time in lieu of payback the school supplies you ‘borrowed’, I’m sure you’ll do a bang up job of it.  In fact now that you mention your skills at cleaning, I’ll just have to expect no less than the classroom to be in tip top shape before you go home each evening, we wouldn’t want you to feel you didn’t  work up to your usual standard now do we?”  Cheerilee usually wasn’t that demanding of her students in detention, she knew nopony wanted to be there, but since little Abby felt the need to brag while deriding the state of the school house, it was only appropriate to make sure the farmer filly live up to her claim.

She was taken more by surprise when Applebloom talked about how the family loved the idea of a Kissing Booth to go along with the apple sales.   It just didn’t seem like an idea Applejack would be fond of, Rarity perhaps, but Applejack?  Not the apple pony Cheerilee grew up with.  Big Mac even less so, sure he was handsome and all, but he certainly was the shy introverted type, not at all somepony who would go for such an idea;  yet again it wasn’t him that was doing the kissing, which begged a question in Cheerilee’s mind.   “So Applebloom, is the kiss a required part of getting the discount for the apples? If so do you have a choice in whom you kiss?”

9N6nU4g.png

Cloaked in a dark hood at the back of the train, Witchweed stared at her list, quill in mouth.

“True Heart Potion

A flower’s blush,

A serpent’s hiss,

A gem that’s crushed,

And an apple’s kiss.”

A check mark laid next to all but one ingredient, the rest of the potion already assembled. Though pulverizing the gem had left her with a sore hoof, the real trouble laid in the last line. The apple’s kiss. Witchweed quilled in a large question mark next to it. What was an apple’s kiss? A small spritz of juice, a bite, did she have to kiss it, or would she have to draw lips on it or- arggh!

Of course, that’s how many spells and potions were- incomplete, in order to preserve the magic for those who understood, to coerce understanding from it’s students, rather than being explicit and easily abused. True Heart Potion was difficult to abuse though. It simply caused a pony to recognize their true feelings, which made it a potent counteragent to all sorts of mind effects.

The train pulled to a stop at the Ponyville station.

Witchweed Charm smiled to herself as she grabbed her potion bag and walked toward the exit, lost in her own thoughts. True Heart Potion would allow her to experiment with all sorts of other potions without fear of some pony losing their mind, forwarding her research, until she was-

“THE MOST POWERFUL POTION MAKER IN ALL EQUESTRIA! AHAHAHAHAHA!” she said as lightning struck & thunder roared! Well, in her own mind it did.

In the real world, the mare stood  on her hind legs awkwardly in the middle of the Ponyville train station, cackling silently with her hooves raised, when she was smacked right in the face by a flyer that had been sent spiraling by a gust of wind. Peeling it from her face, she mumbled to herself as she read it.

“Five for a bushel? Well, that’s a fair deal, easy to experiment with tha-” she stopped, reading it again. Kiss? Applejack, part of the Apple family? Was this a coincidence? No, this HAD to be destiny! Destiny she must not be cut short on!

Witchweed Charm dropped to all fours, and the green earth pony took off at a gallop, her black cloak flapping in the breeze.

After a little searching, not being a ponyville native, Witchweed found herself running straight towards a line of ponies, having to very quickly put on the brakes, stopping just short of bowling into a green colt conversing with a diamond dog, kicking up a small  plume of dust.

“Kiss! Apple! Too late?” The winded Witchweed wheezed out. She plopped down, taking a seat on the ground, breathing heavy from her mad dash to the farm.

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Apple Bloom would have felt a big chagrined and beaten by Cheerilee's insistence on her doing a great job since Apple Bloom seemed so confident...but she was confident. Hard work was hard work either way, right? Either she worked hard for the Apples or she worked hard for the school. And she worked plenty hard for her family often enough that helping out around the school didn't receive near enough from her, so maybe this would be good. Fun even! Well, not fun. Just hard work. But she could do that. “Y'all have nothin' ta fear. Ah'll cean it so good that you could eat off it. An' Ah don't mean dog food like Winona does sometimes when she tips her bowl, but high cuisine like an Apple Tart Souflee,” she said with a hint of pride, knowing that no matter what she could do a bang up job. And she didn't even feel bad about getting punished because she was avoiding something worse. "Also, you can totally pick who you wanna kiss! If you wanted to smooch Granny Smith, all ya gotta do is ask. Why, you could even get Big Mac in on the kissin' action!" Apple Bloom said, waggling her eyebrows at her teacher. Yep, Abby hadn't forgotten.

Speaking of something worse, somepony just came boltin' here on a mad dash. A sickly green mare with the looks of an unhappy Pie charged up and then collapsed, obviously in need of some pointers in terms of style and...well, Apple Bloom was just concerned. What was wrong with her. The filly approached her. “Huh...y'all okay? Looks like you were tryin' ta outrun a whole heapin' of snakes or somethin',” then she comprehended what exactly the mare had said and smiled, “well, of course it ain't too late! Just take yer place in line. Get up ta tha front, pay tha price, get yer apples, and get yerself a kiss from the very best mare in all of Ponyville!” she said proudly before turning to Cheerilee, “see? All it took was a little bit of advertising and ponies run themselves ragged!”

Meanwhile, Night Glider waited patiently.

Gideon gave a grin and nodded his head. "Ponies are free to come and visit as they please. Usually it tends to just be for business purposes, but sometimes you'll find a traveler coming in from the heat to catch a breather." he said, finally pocketing the coin he had been tossing into the air. Sure, some of his pack weren't too keen on letting Ponies in and out of the systems, but so long as neither caused any trouble for the other, things stayed fairly calm, and when they didn't, Gideon had ways and wiles of cooling tensions.

"Heh, I guess your average Diamond Dog will tend to more focus on what's under their nose than what's out around them. But I like to think I'm more business savvy than that. Sure, we could just all the stuff we mine for our own use, but why not make some trades when you can right? Mutually beneficial I'd say." the canine gave a long stretch and a pop of his back before speaking again. "Not to mention, it keeps us from getting run off for no good reason."

• 2 weeks later...
25qu5is.jpg

"Wow. They're actually kissing each other on the lips.", the colt whispered until his view was quickly covered when the older mare covered his eyes with a hoof, "Hey!", he squeaked back, "Nothing wrong with two mares kissing!", he quickly shook off the offending hoof, but it was too late. "Nuts.", he grumbled.

xbzhv8.jpg

Fire Walker shook her head, "There's nothing wrong with mares kissing, but it's rude to stare. Weren't you in the middle of being distracted by a certain law-breaking filly?"

"Right!", the colt whispered back and tried his best to gain Apple Bloom's attention by waggling his eyebrows at the little apple pony, "Maybe they'll let me kiss her instead of the adult.", he mused..

• Like 1

Mint looked over his shoulder at the newcomer. She looked even more out of breath than he did. Unfortunately for the diamond dog he'd been speaking to, his telekinetic skills could still use some polish, as when he turned his head the notepad flew straight at the other's face in an arc as it tried to keep pace.

Oblivious, Mint responded to the green mare's inquiry. "Huh? Oh, I hope not, I haven't been here long either. The line's moving though, so I think we're in the clear." he said with a cheery smile before turning back to the diamond dog, the notebook flying back to its previous position.

• Like 1

Gideon arched a curious brow at the huffing and puffing mare as her cloud of dust settled. It seemed like everyone and their third cousin was out to get some apples today! Were that really that good? Or was everyone just that keen on getting a quick smooch from the salesmare?

Any questions that the diamond dog would have had were cut short by a smack from a rogue notepad. Seemed his new acquaintance didn't have the best of grips on stationary magic. Rubbing his cheek softly, he was just in time to duck the return trip. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's apples t'spare...If not I may just end up having to eat some of my merch..." he said jokingly, casting a glance over at his cart with a smirk.