[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]After the pony left the line with his short order of apples, Applejack looked ahead to see the next customer. But instead of seeing another charming cute pony, she saw a larger character, decorated with gray to blue feathers, which had a glittering silver shine that highlighted with the yellow fiery pelt of his hind quarters. It was a griffon! Applejack knew griffons were rare. But she had no idea an apple sale like this would attract this kind of creature. Thing. Bird. Griffon. Applejack wasn't really sure how to make heads or tails of the next customer, who of which had two different kinds. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Woa! Uh... um, I mean. Hi! Um. I didn't know griffons eat apples. I thought they eat..." [/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack stopped herself from finishing the sentence. She wasnt about to describe certain types of protiens in the form of a four legged animal to this hungry griffon. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Anyways! Whatcha want?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack smiled. She had nothing to hide, aside from all of her pigs on the farm.[/colour]

64 Kisses left!

[colour=#008080]Next up[/colour]

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

[colour=#FF8C00]Kissed[/colour]

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol applebloom01byzutheskun.png

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Razor was frozen. His mind was drawing a blank, as he tried to figure out what in the name of the Raptorclaw he had gotten himself into. The salepony here was kissing the customers!

'Easy now Razor...just probably....dating them....yeah. They say ponies do that....at least its what you hear in gossip.' He thought, trying to calm his rather flusttered mind.

He walked over slowly and took a deep breath to calm himself down, "Uh hi. Um, yeah we....usually eat meat but, well we can eat other things as well. We just need more meat in our diet to be healthy."

Razor felt calm once more, though he could not shake that something was off here. Something that he should probably know.

"I'm not very good with apples, they're just fruit right? I guess I'll have a bushel of whatever you suggest." Razor said, "Hey uh.....forgive me if I'm being too forward but.....why were you....kissing your customers?"

Razor had a slight blush, feeling a bit embaressed to have to ask a question like this. Was it rude to ask? Either way though he was curious.

ajbanner.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack responded well with a question about buying apples. Easiest questions of all! [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, here, a bushel of Red Delicious apples are perfect if you don't know what you like. But yeah, they're just fruit. We ponies love eating apples. And good for us and help us have lean strong bodies."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack struck an athletic pose, but then jumped back. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Not, uh, too strong though, sometimes apples make us sick, I mean, not sick but uh, you know there are healthier things, uh, no, I mean. Here, just buy some apples you'll love them!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack was sweating buckets. Even the nervousness of the griffon didn't seem to be enough to put out any thought of a 'meal between characters'. Applejack wanted nothing of it, and from what she remember of Gilda, this bird of prey wasn't showing anything she could possibly expect.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Kissing mah customers?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack stared. For a minute she had forgotten where she was. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Oh! Yeah kisses! Today we're having an apple kiss. If you buy a bushel, I'll give you a free kiss."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack smiled and swallowed her mouth dry. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"But you don't have to if you don't want to."[/colour][colour=#000000] She jumped back up. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "But you should!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack breathed heavily. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "They're good apples."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack started increasing the pace of her breathing. She couldn't stand it any longer. She had to ask. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Listen." [/colour][colour=#000000] She sighed. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"You're not gonna eat me are ya?"[/colour]

64 Kisses left!

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

On hold:

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

Applejack.pngMadden.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Razor nodded as he listend to the suggestion, "Alright. I guess I'll take a bushel of that, and another of anything that is a bit more tarty I guess. Sour. Got anything like that?"

Razor rubbed his beak as he nodded, "Ah. Kissing for a bushel." Razor nodded but then stopped and his pupils went small in shock, "wait....kiss." Razor felt his whole calm snap then and he felt suddenly very small and unsure.

"You...you...you..y," Razor stammered and took a deep breath, "You mean...I buy those apples and you...k..kiss me." Razor gulped and was glad that his feathers were covering his blush. They were right?

'Stay calm....stay calm. STAY CALM!!!' Razor thought as he tried to get his breathing undercontrol from paniced to minorly shocked. He clenched his claws into the ground to keep his legs from shaking and he just stood rigged and straight.

"Oh....thats....great...." He said, his voice not sounding very confident.

He blinked and looked a bit insulted at what Applejack said next, enough to make him forget his current situation for the present time, "Wait. Eat you? Why would I eat you? Thats kind of rude to ask if I am going to eat you just cause I'm a griffon. Honestly, that whole griffons eating ponies is just an urban myth, just like I'm sure the whole ponies have relationship herds or some such."

Razor dug into his bag at his side for the bits, "No I won't eat you. Now if you have a rabbit or a pig, then it would be a different story. Those are good."

Razor got out a handful of bits and placed them on the counter, "So two bushels I guess."

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel continued their work 'behind the scenes' with Granny taking care of the money while her bearded brother kept moving more and more bushels of apples up to meet the needs of those in line.

[colour=#00FF00]"How are we doin' with our stock, brother?" [/colour]Granny Smith asked.

[colour=#006400]"Vee still have plenty of apples to sell!" [/colour]answered Apple Strudel, [colour=#006400]"vee still have long line of customers! AppleJack is doing great vith her selling methods!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Yep! She's a natural salespony! I chip off the ol' block! I was quite the salespony back in mah day! Remember?":[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Javol! Vee vere all a lot younger back den, und you knew how to vork a crowd!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Let's hope our Applejack kin hold up! Been a long day already, but we need ta sell ALL them extra apples today!"[/colour]

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack offended the griffon, with such a question that she asked. It was kind of out of line, while at the same time, the answer made her look back a bit to make sure that none of her piglets were roaming the front of the farm with their plump and juicy adorableness. Applejack had to be sure. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Ah'm sorry. I don't ever talk to griffons, and the one I did talk to, well, they weren't exactly the friendliest flower in the garden. Please forgive me."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack pushed two bushels of apples forward, at the request of the griffon. She saws the bits fall from his claws and onto the table, and she smiled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Before you take a bite outta these apples, you get to take a bite outta me."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked and giggled, but then also swallowed. Dare any griffon take that saying seriously.

Applejack walked up to the griffon, who's head was a little higher than hers. She wasn't sure exactly how to attack the situation. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Um, how do I, um. Where...?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack peaked around the beak of the griffon, before settling on a nice shiny spot on the upper bill. She planted her lips on his beak, and then pulled away, ever so gracefully. It was definately an interesting experience pressing her piehole against a what could only be described as an external bone. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Heh, thanks! You're the first griffon I've ever kissed. Isn't that somethin'?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack paced herself back around to her sales coutner and shoveled the bits into her treasure chest. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Come back anytime now ya hear? I wanna here how Sweet Apple Acres apples are the best apples, not just in Equestria, but the best available to Aquellia as well!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack saw the next character walked up. He was crimson stallion with very short mane and tail. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Howdy, partner!"[/colour]

63 Kisses left!

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

Razor's eyes snapped open, the pupils tiny in the characteristic sign of shock, "I...wait...wait..I.." Razor felt his legs shaking and felt his heart racing as he felt Applejack kiss his beak. He felt his whole body go stiff, and his face go hot.

"I...I...your the first....girl....I..." Razor stammered, before grabbing the bushels swiftly, "Thank you. I uh....got to go now."

Razor took off fast, leaving a dust small poof of dust behind him. He flew till he stood beside a tree and set his bushels down, "Well.....that wasn't....so bad....." Razor said before finally passing out. The whole day was just too much for his nerves now. Still...it had been....nice.

30jk84h.jpg

After a while, Professor Smirk ceased to be a source of conversation for Spin Tale, once again leaving the curator in a state of boredom and annoyance. Why did so many other ponies have to be here today? Why were they so intent on getting free kisses from some mare, Applejack her name was it? Why did Princess Luna have to hold up the line more than she needed to? However one could say it, Dr. Tale was now in an irate mood, and he wanted nothing more than get his apples and get the hay out of Dodge.

In his mentally fatigued state, the red stallion finally made it to the Apple family stand, or the kissing booth to be more technically accurate for this occasion. Looking upon the orange earth pony before him, Spin Tale had to admit that Applejack looked pleasing to the eye, and that she looked more physically fit than the Canterlot mares he had typically acquainted himself with. Like that pink pony from before, Dr. Tale also seem to remember reading about this apple-flanked mare in the Canterlot Times, but he couldn’t precisely recollect the story she was in at the moment.

Right now, Spin Tale couldn’t care less about who Applejack was along with getting a kiss from her; all he wanted was to get his apple bushel and go. Having managed to overhear earlier that it cost five bits for a bushel, the red earth pony readied his bits and placed them on the stand upon his greeting. [colour=#ff6666]“Hello,”[/colour] Dr. Tale replied emotionlessly, not bothering with firm eye contact or even a polite smile; [colour=#ff6666]“Just one bushel will do. That’s all I need.”[/colour] The curator wouldn’t mind if Applejack interpreted his no-nonsense attitude as a sign that he wasn’t looking for a kiss; all he wanted was the swiftest escape from this wretched queue.....

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Seeing as this pony was in a hurry, she quickly pushed forward a variety bushel of apples towards him. She shoveled the bits into her treasure chest, but then, upon realizing his haste, Applejack leaned herself on one end of his purchased bushel and eyed him with a casual flirt. [/colour][colour=#ff0000] "Aren't you, uh, forgettin' somethin'?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack at this point was sure the stallion was playing the game everypony else had, deciding last minute that he would just play coy instead of risk his composure for a kiss that would sure make a fool out of a silly stallion. Applejack figured that if this pony was in line, that it meant he was looking for a special treat. And Applejack was happy to oblige.[/colour]

63 Kisses left!

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

Luminous Charge was on a vacation of sorts, taking a few days to stretch his wings and get in some good, long distance flying. Every now and then he needed to satisfy a craving for exercise and exploration – for mental health and to seek out new inspiration for his art. The stallion was on his second day of camping along the river when he decided that, for a change, he might stop and visit Ponyville. He didn’t often visit the small community, and when he did he never stayed very long, but even so he felt a small twinge of disappointment at not having any nicer clothes packed away in his bag. He was quite clean, with mane, tail and coat as glossy and impressive as always, but it wasn’t the same. Lume liked to make the best first impression he could, and he liked to do it with an impeccable outfit.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. The sculptor soared lazily towards Ponyville, and as he neared the town he noticed a commotion of some sort near the apple farm he was only vaguely familiar with. With his interests piqued, he took a moment to wheel over the scene and take in the pegasus- eye view. It looked like ponies were lining up for apples! Well, Luminous Charge hadn’t eaten in a few hours, so now was as good a time as any! He glided to the end of the line and made a smooth landing before neatly folding his large, dark wings against his back. He wouldn’t mind having a few bushels of sweet apples to take up the free space in his bags. Sure, it’d be extra weight, but a little bit of a work-out never hurt anypony!

• Like 1

30jk84h.jpg

Spin Tale’s mind drew a blank for a couple seconds as it processed Applejack’s obvious attempt at a flirtation. Then in spite of his frustrated self... he sincerely grinned as he chuckled at the mare leaning there. Applejack had managed to summon fond memories of Dr. Tale’s ex-fillyfriend, who always pulled a similar routine whenever the two had to part ways. The two ponies were no longer together thanks to their career paths splitting them apart, but Spin and his ex remained friendly pen-pals with one another.

Here and now at Sweet Apple Acres, the curator finally cared to stare at Applejack’s face as he subconsciously leaned in a tiny bit closer to her. [colour=#ff6666]“To be perfectly honest,”[/colour] Spin Tale fessed up, not quite sure whether to let the admittedly-pretty mare kiss him like the rest of her customers or do what he deemed the right thing by not exploiting the marketing gimmick; [colour=#ff6666]“I’m not sure if this... sort of thing is uhhhh... entirely proper. We don’t normally go for kissing booths up in Canterlot, you see.”[/colour] Yet even now, the awkward tone of the curator's voice betrayed an undisclosed desire to receive a kiss from the beautiful Applejack.

Nervousness settled in the red stallion as he rubbed the back of his neck and agonized on his next plan of action. Dr. Tale considered himself far above relying on kissing booths for satisfy his ego, but at the same time he didn’t want to either accidently offend anypony or give away such an obviously-pleasant activity. Yet in the end though, Spin decided to disobey any directives from the irrational side of his brain and stick to his principles. [colour=#ff6666]“Well, it looks like I’ll be on my way now,”[/colour] the stallion declared without confidence as he slowly reached for his variety bushel, unable to keep his eyes off the orange-coated cowgirl.....

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack meant the stallion's lean-in with a lean-in of her own. Her body and face made a full rush towards the stallion, and she met his muzzle with her own, puckering her lips as she pressed. With a loud smack, she pulled away and smiled. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, this ain't Canterlot, Hun."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack stepped back and pushed the bushel more forward with her head. Her eyes glossed the radiant emerald as she swung her head around, in an attempt to keep her hat on, and keep her mane tie behind her. A slightly blush was seen from her own face, more for the presence of a sale of apples to a fellow Canterlot stallion than the small exchange of affection she gave away to the lucky pony. She winked. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Thanks for buyin' apples from us!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack looked past the pony to see another pony, just as intellectual as the previous. It seemed like Canterlot's most educated stallions were making their rounds today. And a little southern comfort must have been a delicacy to their community, or so Applejack would entertain herself to think. Applejack shouted playfully at the next pony. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, well. Looks like there's a load of smarts in the line o' customers all the sudden. What gives?"[/colour]

62 Kisses left!

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel watched in amusement at the antics of Spin Tale with AppleJack.

[colour=#00FF00]"Whatcha waitin' fer? Go ahead an' kiss'r!" [/colour]Granny shouted seconds before Applejack took the initative and kiss him herself. [colour=#00FF00]"Thar ya go! That's the way to do it!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Mein sister," [/colour]Apple Strudel said in a hushed tone, [colour=#006400]"I don't tink dat vas an appropriate ting to shout at your granddaughter!"[/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Oh now, don't be such a stick in the mud, Strudel! This here's all in good fun! Don't be such a worry wart!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"I am not a vorry vart!" [/colour]

[colour=#00FF00]"Yur right, brother! Warts don't wear hats!" [/colour]Granny laughed, causing Apple Strudel to laugh with her as they continued their work.

30jk84h.jpg

Before Spin Tale knew it, Applejack closed the gap between the two of them with a kiss on his muzzle. Not expecting that the mare would smooch him without warning, the curator kept his eyes open during the brief experience. Personally, Dr. Tale though his kiss was rather... basic. Years of relationship fieldwork left Spin rather spoiled in the field of receiving and giving passionate kisses, but then again, he supposed that he shouldn’t have expected something more authentic from a kissing booth.

Once the kiss ceased, Applejack scooted the bushel to Spin Tale and greeted him farewell. [colour=#ff6666]“Have a good day,”[/colour] Dr. Tale replied back, putting the bushels into his saddlebags. And with that, the stallion finally made his way out from Sweet Apple Acres, glad that he could finally get a move on with the day.....

*EXIT Spin Tale*

Professor Smirk realised with a start that he'd become so wrapped up in thought that he hadn't even noticed reaching the front of the queue.

[colour=#008080]Looks like Doctor Pale left me to my own devices... can't say I blame him. I'm not exactly a sparkling conversationalist at the best of times. And with my current ill mood...[/colour]

Suddenly, a voice cut through his musings.

[colour=#000000] [/colour][colour=#FF0000]"Well, well. Looks like there's a load of smarts in the line o' customers all the sudden. What gives?"[/colour]

The drawl slicing neatly through his thought processes provoked an automatic response, and try as he might to keep up friendly appearances and let vapid platitudes flow from his lips, Smirk couldn't hold back the tide of irritation.

[colour=#008080]"Do I look like a sociologist? Why ask me to examine the demographic of your customers? I'm here today as a seeker of truth, not to expound on it."[/colour]

With this sudden outlet, the walls holding back Smirk's ire for the world failed as one, and a torrent gushed forth.

[colour=#008080]"Rather, I'm seeking an avatar of Truth; I've found the raw substance far too bitter to stomach of late, so I shall make do by sating my appetite with symbols."[/colour]

His forced grin had now evaporated, replaced by a far more comfortable scowl as a sweeping gesture of the forehoof indicated the bushels of fruit stacked around, as well as their likenesses emblazoned upon Applejack's flank.

[colour=#008080]"I notice you display the same avatars I seek proudly as your emblem, much as I do. In my case, it symbolises an eternal quest for Truth in whatever form it takes, and while it would be a wonderful thought to assume the similarities of our emblems brand us kindred spirits, given your humble surroundings and rustic manner of speech I strongly suspect that your mark's meaning is far more prosaic and literal than my own. So, if you don't have any Truth to dispense, I'll settle for less ethereal sustenance."[/colour]

Smirk finally stopped to breath, then stood expectantly. Inwardly torn between a sense of satisfaction at his evident intellectual dominance, and self-loathing at how meaningless and overly flowery his words had been.

[colour=#008080]I sound just like the prattling fools back at Canterlot...[/colour]

He gritted his teeth and narrowed his eyes. What was said was said, time to sit back and observe the effect of his words.

Pocket Change staggered out of the forbidden darkness of the forest he had spent the last few hours wandering around in. While he would hardly say his first visit to Ponyville had been a bit of a bust, it had at least been interesting so far. He had originally planned to spend the day with an old friend and colleague of his in the 'Froggy Bottom Swamp’. However maps were not followed, proper instructions were not used and 'Beetle Batch' had managed to miss the trip due to an sudden illness. It also did not help that Pocket had managed to get himself lost and ended up in 'Whitetail Woods’ where he ran into an rather odd assortment of ponies such as the bug-collecting and bug themed ware salespony, 'Buzz' or as he preferred to be called, 'The Bugmaster'. He owned and lived in a small and very isolated home in the forest. There was also an impressive spell-caster named 'Trekker' who had stumbled upon the strange setting with her pet. A young child from Ponyville had also been there for some reason, and at the moment he could not remember her name. There was also Pinkie Pie, one of the Princess' champions and bearer of the element of harmony which was 'laughter'. He wasn't sure how her particular element worked, and learned later on that laughing at lacewings and chuckling at the cicada only helped him end up with more stinging bug-bites. Thankfully a quick lotion made up of baking soda, milk and oatmeal did the trick, although he currently smelled like somepony's breakfast. While he and the others managed to not to be eaten by the assorted insects, the white coated unicorn's map was destroyed by a few silverfish, and even with helpful directions from the others, the stallion still managed to get himself lost once more.

It took a moment for his eyes to get adjusted to the sunlight and he stared at what seemed like an never-ending series of apple trees. He was at the famous 'Sweet Apple Acres'. He had noticed the farm while exploring the small village and knew a little of its history. He started to turn away, but a banner caught his eye. Not being able to read it at such a distance, the stallion quickly cantered over to it and read out-loud, ""Sweet Apple Acres First Annual Apple Kiss." As he pondered what sort of event they were having, he noticed a few ponies were nearby, and realized he looked like some poor and bedraggled street urchin. Thankfully a simple 'Glamor' cantrip fixed up his mane, removed the leaves and dried sap from his coat and even sewed up the small rips in his jacket. Feeling confident, he made his way over to what appeared to be one of the farmers, "Excuse me Miss, what exactly is an 'Apple Kiss'?"

(OOC: This can be directed at mare in the area..Applejack...Apple Bloom and Granny Smith..)

• Like 1

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack smiled awkwardly as the pony ranted. It wasn't passed the second sentence of his ramblings that she started to not really understand what he was even stating. She nodded in an attempt to follow what he was saying, but she was just trying to be rude. Suggesting her cutie mark was a boring, is what Applejack had heard. But it didn't really offend her any. She just didn't understand much of what he was driving at. But she did catch the last part, a little bit. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Truth? Well, uh, let me tell you the truth!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack tip her hat and leaned forward. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"The truth is, sir, is that these apples are the best goshdarn apples you're ever going to sink your fancy Canterlot teeth into. That, I can promise you. And as far as the rest goes, all you have to pay is five bits for a bushel and I will give you the special of the day. How's that for efferal subchance, or somesuch?"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winked. She assumed by now, any pony who had gotten themselves this far up the line would know exactly what she meant by that.[/colour]

62 Kisses left!

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change (not technically in line yet)

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

GrannySmith1WithText.png

Granny Smith walked over to answer Pocket Change's question.

[colour=#00ff00]"Well sonny, an Apple Kiss is what yur gonna git from my granddaughter Apple Jack if'n ya buy a bushel of our delicious apples today! Git in line here and wait yur turn! I'll be waitin' ta take yur bits!" [/colour]the elderly mare explained. [colour=#00ff00]"They's been a whole heap of happy customers so far!"[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Good answer, mein sister!" [/colour]Apple Strudel shouted from a distance.

[colour=#00ff00]"Of course it is, Strudel! What do ya say young feller, wanna git in line and git yur kiss"[/colour]

“Apples?”, The unicorn glanced down at the adorable old lady and just stared at her for a moment before everything settled down in his mind. This was an farm! And not only did they grow carrots, celery stalks, and colourful flowers, they grew apples here as well. As that what this particular family was famous for growing and it appeared they had an apple theme with their cutie marks, save for the child who did not gain hers yet. If a pony wanted an really good apple, this was probably the best place on the entire planet to get one. And while he was not hungry at the moment, he could always bring a bag home. As he stepped into the line, he smiled at the elderly earth pony, "Guess I'd be a fool not to get in line then. Thank you kindly mam'."

Being the polite sort of pony, he also gave the elderly stallion a friendly wave and greeted him in nearly perfect Germane, "Guten Tag!", he shouted. The line wasn't so bad and he waited in far longer ones and in much hotter weather for sillier things than a kiss from a mare. But who would he get a kiss from? He knew the Apple family was one of the larger families in Equestria, and it seemed they had family members in nearly all of the major cities, but who would be waiting at the end of this line to deliver both a bag of apples and a friendly kiss on the cheek? It could be anypony! He tried to see who it was, but there were others blocking his view at the moment.

[colour=#ff0000]"Truth? Well, uh, let me tell you the truth![/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"The truth is, sir, is that these apples are the best goshdarn apples you're ever going to sink your fancy Canterlot teeth into. That, I can promise you. And as far as the rest goes, all you have to pay is five bits for a bushel and I will give you the special of the day. How's that for efferal subchance, or somesuch?"[/colour]

At the blunt response, Smirk's anger departed as quickly as it had arrived.

[colour=#008080]What's become of me? I used to be reknowned for the clarity of my speech and writing. Putting complex ideas across in simple language was my forte... and now I'm babbling like the worst of those pompous Canterlot blowhards.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"That would be.. fine. Yes. Apples. That's what I'm here for."[/colour]

At this, Smirk forced the smile back to his face.

[colour=#008080]That's the second time today somepony has completely ignored me too, perhaps it's a sign... I just wish I knew what it signified.[/colour]

Suddenly a thought struck.

[colour=#008080]Maybe I need to try getting back to what I used to do well. Straight talking conveyance of facts. No waffle.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Please forgive the impenetrable nature of my previous speech. I'm used to talking to ponies of learning, and it was foolish of me to not adjust my vocabulary to fit your clearly rustic nature. I was merely wondering if you'd indulge a personal passion of mine.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"While I'm primarily known as an authority on history and philosophy, I'm a keen student of the science, or perhaps art, of semiotics, the study of signs and symbols. As such I was inquiring as to the nature of your Cutie Mark. Please forgive the rather personal question; I only ask as a rather similar symbol adorns my own flank, and I was idly wondering if the similarity would indicate some sort of kinship, or if it's just mere happenstance."[/colour]

He gestured with a hoof to indicate his own Cutie Mark; an apple crafted from shining gold.

[colour=#008080]That's better, at least now I don't sound like I swallowed a thesaurus.... but now I'm babbling. Back to the point old chap.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"Anyway, I'm going on a rather long journey; a self imposed exile if you will. As such I'm seeking some produce with a long lifespan to last me the trek to Stalliongrad. I don't suppose you have such a variety?"[/colour]

As he said this, Smirk internally congratulated himself for successfully dialing back his vocabulary to a more comprehensible level, idly wondering what the aforementioned special of the day might be.

• 2 weeks later...

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Oh boy, this one was an interesting colt. Applejack smiled the whole time, as the pony seemed to go from rage to understanding, all the while using words that Applejack knew the meaning to, but together seemed to be a dialect, or just a form of conversing that she was not really familiar with. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Oh shucks, don't worry, I learn plenty."[/colour][colour=#000000] It wouldn't be right for Applejack to take offense right away to the things this stallion seemed to say very rashly, but at the same time, she wasn't very fond of being belittled by a pony who spoke himself up as a pony of learning, or something like that. Applejack wasn't really sure exactly what this pony was. She liked his cutie mark, but his rant more explained his current state of confusion more than his overall important and personal talent. Naturally, Applejack would just do what she could to help. Fortunately, it was in the form of selling him apples.[/colour]

[colour=#ff0000]"Oh yes!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack scooted a bushel of apples towards him from behind the counter. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"These here Honeycrisp are some of the sweetest apples we sell. And they will stay sweet until they turn brown, which should not be for at least four days, as long as you keep them out of the sun."[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack tucked a small brown blanket over the apples in their bushel, a complimentary cloth used for such apple hauling and ponies on travels. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"That'll do you some good! That'll be five bits."[/colour]

62 Kisses left!

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

Smirk almost visibly deflated this time, as he could practically see his words sail over the orange mare's head. The smile was now practically nailed to his face.

[colour=#008080]I give up. It's been too long since I moved in any circles outside of academia... and I've become one of them. I was foalish to get assimilated so completely, and now it's come to bite me on the flank. I can't even communicate with normal ponies any more.[/colour]

So thinking, he removed 5 coins from a pouch on his pack, meticulously placing them on the counter.

[colour=#008080]"I must say, that seems a most reasonable price for a product in such high demand. Your produce must be renowned for its quality to attract such a queue."[/colour]

He picked up the bushel and placed it in his pack, securing them for the next leg of his journey.

[colour=#008080]"I should also apologise for my verbal diarrhoea. It's a bad habit I fear I'm too set in my ways to shake."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]And that's actually true, as much as I resent the thought.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance, though I suspect not a mutual one."[/colour]

[colour=#008080]Is this what it's like to socialise in the real world? Lying through smiling teeth? This entire expedition has been nothing but an unpleasant awakening.[/colour]

[colour=#008080]"I must be going now though; I have a long journey ahead of me."[/colour]

Smirk turned to leave, and began to amble away, his leaden hoofsteps contrasting starkly with his carefully maintained carefree expression.

[colour=#008080]At this point I suspect I've become so jaded that nothing could even surprise me any more...[/colour]

bannerapplejack.png

[colour=#000000]Applejack ignored most of the apologies the stallion had. He was obviously just a bit nervous from the special of the day. Who wouldn't? Applejack would only entertain herself with such an effect, but she would never believe it enough to vocalize it. Besides. The goals was to se[/colour][colour=#000000]ll apples, not kisses. And if the kisses become more important than the apples to some ponies, well at least their still making money. And that's what all of this was about. Applejack knew that this marketing scheme would probably never work again, but that she would laugh with her sister eventually about it when they got older.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Applejack threw the bits into her treasure chest, and then walked up to the peculiar pony, not phasing or flinching as she leaned forward and kissed him on lips. It was brief, but it was convincing. Applejack pulled back and behind her counter and waved with not much more than a typical farm pony smile and blush of only a couple hues that no pony could really see. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"No worries, and thank you so much! Tell other ponies on your travels you had the chance to taste the amazin' sweetness of our farm, but also eat some apples too!"[/colour][colour=#000000] Applejack winced as she said it. She knew it was corny. But she gave a cheesy smile back all the same. Meeting a socially awkward pony like this stallion could only end awkwardly anyway. Applejack was mostly just satisfied with another sale, and another kiss in the books.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]The next pony was a dark blue young unicorn stallion. Applejack breathed a deep relaxing exhale, and then spoke. [/colour][colour=#ff0000]"Well, howdy! Whatcha need partner?"[/colour]

61 Kisses left!

40. Quiet Harmony

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Wild Riot

44. Luminous Charge

45. Pocket Change

On hold:

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

It had been a lot of fun showing Princess Luna around the farm, the near endless expanse of Sweet Apple Acres providing her plenty of stories to share with ther Princess of the Night. But eventually, royal duties pulled her away from the farm and Apple Bloom certainly understood why you had to sometimes attend to whatever lesser matters royalty concerned themselves with. What they had over the greatness of Sweet Apple Acres was doubtful, probably around nothing at all, but she supposed that a pony needed a break from such wonder for a bit. Maybe she'd return but then again, maybe the orchard had so completely intimidated her that she had to go back to Canterlot to recuperate. Well, it was a mighty impressive fact of Apple Bloom's life, the constant pivot upon which her life so gleefully turned. She was just happy she could share it's joys with somepony new, and hoped to do so again.

Skipping with joy, she bounced up towards the kissing stand, somewhat unaware of what was currently going on. Heck, she had been busy with the Princess, she could be excused a little foalishness. Even on her best behavior she could be excused for not remembering every stallion and mare who had ventured up to the stand- a whole heck of a lot on account of her sister being the best pony in all of Ponyville! She drew closer to her sister and her smile grew as the gap shortened until she was almost right on top of the fray.

[colour=#ff0000]"Applejack! Applejack! Luna left, but Ah did a real' good job showin' 'er 'round the orchard. Why, I betcha ten bits ta a twig she ain't never gonna forget it!"[/colour] She blasted out, jumping on top of the counter in her excitement. She had so much to tell her sister that she was almost forgetting what the hay was going on.