[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

With her business concluded Celestia bowed her head respectfully to the Apple Family who had shown themselves to be gracious hosts. The princess then backed up politely and turned around to face the ponies that had addressed her. Though she had to return to her duties, she could not ignore ponies who greeted her. The first of which was a tiny filly, who seemed to be coaxed into greeting her by her mother whom was further back in the queue. The adorable little filly brought a smile to the solar princess's muzzle. "Hello miss. It is a pleasure to meet you," the princess greeted the filly who had greeted her but didn't give her name. Still, she was rather nervous and she didn't wish to make the filly do anything that would make her uncomfortable.

The other pony was a young stallion named Charming Masquerade... 'Follow their passions?' The princess wasn't even sure what that meant, but she supposed he was thanking her for protecting everypony large and small. And above all, that is what Celestia saw herself as, not as a monarch, but as a guardian who protected everypony and creature under her watch. The princess laughed at the thanks. "There is no need to thank me Charming Masquerade. I do what I can for everypony large and small. It is my pleasure to help and protect everypony as much as I am able." The princess replied to the odd thanks. "I must apologize for the short nature of this greeting, but I must return to my duties back in Canterlot. It has been a pleasure to meet you though Charming Masquerade." The princess did not enjoy quick meetings, she had plenty of them at the Gala every year. Still she had to get back to Canterlot, she has spent enough of her day not attending to her duties. She was certain that there was more than a few ponies who were getting worried.

She looked at Miss Presteza, Fluttershy and Princess Cadence, whom all seemed to be conversing. "Miss Presteza, your bat seems to have taken a liking to hanging from my horn." Celestia said playfully to the young painter, as she glanced over at Fluttershy and she smiled. "I'm sure they will be delicious. I just hope I chose the right types for my chefs and bakers. It is not often I buy produce without them or more often a representative buys everything for the castle on my behalf. It was a rather enjoyable experience and a fantastic escape from the duties of the castle, even if it did not go as I had planned." Celestia said with a smile, hiding her embarrassment from the ungraceful kiss she had just given Big Mac. "I do hope to see you and the rest of your friends soon. Please give my regards to all of them." Celestia said smiling.

She finally turned to Cadence before departing to rendezvous with the guard whom was sent to protect her. "It has been a pleasure seeing you Cadence as always. We must try and see each other more often. Please give my regards to Twilight. I'm sure I'll see her soon." Celestia pondered for a moment. "In fact I do believe she has an appointment at Canterlot Castle later in the week. And please let her know that I am sorry that I was unable to visit her while in town, but I have spent far too much time in Ponyville as is. I'm sure she would understand." Not only would she understand she'd probably know more than most what sort of schedule Celestia kept.

Celestia cantered over to the Lieutenant who had been sent to protect her. He was still probably brooding over what she had said to him earlier. As she got close she whispered into his ear "Is everypony in your family easily excitable" basically telling him that what happened earlier was her being playful. She stood up straight and once again acted as regal as most ponies expected of her. "If you desire you may accompany back to the castle" she said looking at the unicorn guard. "However, if you would like to stay I would understand, especially since your sister is also here." Once again moving into whisper "Also... it is not every day you get the chance to kiss a cute mare like Applejack" Celestia said with a wink, once again being playful with her guard. She could not deny that it would not help having somepony to help with the bushels though. It might be a good idea to send for a chariot with a letter. It would not take long for it to arrive. In fact, the princess was sure that they would rush one over.

Charming shook his head at Applejack's question, grateful for his dark pelt to hide the blush rising.

"No, I...I've never done something like this...and I've n...never k....kissed anypony...." He stammered, wishing he would stop soon.

When the princess addressed him, he nodded his head and bowed. He was grateful to be acknowledged, even if in a brief meeting. He couldn't speak as she left, the brief chance to speak with their noble ruler over.

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Applejack smiled warmly at the stallion, who, after regrettably seeing his conversation with Princess Celestia cut short by her unfortunate haste to leave, admitted that he had never kissed before. "Wha? You've never kissed anypony ever? I don believe that! A cute stallion like yerself? Why I bet a smile and a few flowers in hoof would be enough to make any mare aroun' here swoon over you like skin on an apple." She stated this playfully and with irony. Of course, she wasn't talking about herself, yet she would be the one to deliver such a first step into this stallion's adventure of kissing mares. Casual to her, though. "You don't have to worry about me though, I don't bite."

Applejack leaned forward and batted her eyes. "Unless you want me to."

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Charming Masquerade

60. Memory Lane

61. Princess Cadance

62. Berry Punch

63. Silver Heart (might not buy)

64. Fluttershy

65. Red Cedar

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

On hold:

Ruby Pinch (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Maple (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Brawny Boulder (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Luminous Charge (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Cherry Berry (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Wild Riot (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Survey (On standby and may kiss at any time)

Savory Spell (inactive - PM me when ready)

Problems and rules log (please review):

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

4. Dunder Blust :???:

5. Gentle Sol

6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

7. Starburst :???:

8. Astral :smug:

9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png

10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)

15. Pigpen :smug:

16. Cherry Jubilee :???:

17. Misty Morning :smug:

18. Pathfinder :???:

19. Earth Writer :smug:

20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:

33. Star Storm :smug:

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

39. Professor Ashen Smirk

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

48. Trixie :shifty:

49. Princess Twilight Sparkle

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

54. Professor Clyde Krashkop

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

58. Princess Celestia :Celest:

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Berry was almost as excited as Ruby had been - although she hadn't really wanted to put Ruby on the spot in such a way, it seemed like the best idea to give the filly a little motivation to make fun memory for herself by meeting the princess. It was an opportunity, Berry knoew, that didn't really come up a lot and so it had been a better idea to make the best of it.

The crowd was a little restless, which prompted the mare to take a moment to think - if AppleJack could consider the idea of a special deal on a product such as this, then perhaps she should think of something equally as worthwhile for the bar - although, of course, she wasn't one to simply give away kisses. Nope, she'd just have to consider the idea a little bit more in depth before making it publically known....maybe a half price drinks day would be a good idea, considering the recent temperature increase of the last few days.

Anyway, the mare was a little lost in thought as she rubbed her muzzle contemplatively...losing sight of whether or not the line was moving, which it possibly might be very sooner than the drinks-making mare might have expected considering how quickly things were going at the moment!

• 4 weeks later...

MemoryLane_zpse69aa6cc.png

Throughout his time in the long and colorful line to Sweet Apple Acres, Memory Lane had kept a quick eye on the proceedings and a quicker quill to his journal. He jotted down note after note, watching the happenings and the surprisingly funny moments and recording his thoughts. Tartarus, he'd even caught a glimpse of Princess Celestia herself catching a kiss from a well-built red stallion just ahead of him! That had almost given the scholarly colt a heart attack, just from how scandalous it seemed- and that was saying nothing of him getting a short conversation with Princess Cadence; Lane wondered how much royalty had shown up in this seemingly backwater town just because it suited them.

All too quickly, though, Lane reached near the front of the line, and he was more than a little nervous. Midway through, he'd became aware of the real purpose of the booth: as part of a clever sales pitch to help the Apple clan sell more bushels today, they had put a young (and quite pretty, if Lane was honest with himself) mare in the front and offered a kiss as a bonus with every purchase. Oh horseapples, how did I end up in this? Lane cursed inwardly, but he knew why; in all his infinite wisdom, he had jumped into the line out of pure curiosity and now he was way too far in to leave without looking like a prude or, worse, that he was insulting the pony in the booth- one that Lane was certain he recognized, and that usually meant it wouldn't do him any good to make her mad. He'd never even kissed a mare before, much less in public!

Calm down, just calm down, Lane. It's not that big of a deal; it's just a kiss from a pretty mare in front of what must be the whole darn town. Lane was quickly figuring out that his mind wasn't the best companion right now. The only thing that eased his nerves slightly was the knowledge that nopony he knew was here; if he made a foal out of himself in public, at least it would only be one town he could never go back to, not two.

• Like 1

Applejack had to back off. Because, according to the reaction of her customer, her flirtatious action, or what she calls just having fun, caused an overload of embarrassment from the pony she currently was waiting on. So much so, that he scurried back in line. Applejack sighed, but figured the pony would be back eventually. She never realized how many ponies there were in Equestria that rivaled the shyness of Fluttershy.

The next pony in line had his own sweat beeding off his face, as he nervously appeared in front of the counter. Applejack promised herself just then she would play it a little more softly, and not so impulsive and flirty. Her many days hanging out with Rarity seemed to be rubbing off on her. "Well, howdy there mister. I like yer hat. Hats are fun!" Applejack willingly tried to find common ground. And she wouldn't lie. Her hat was very precious to her. More than any fashion statement could ever make about her head dress. "You come here to buy some apples, ah'm guessin' right?"

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Memory Lane

60. Princess Cadance

61. Berry Punch

62. Silver Heart (might not buy)

63. Fluttershy

64. Red Cedar

On hold:

Charming Masquerade (On standby and may kiss at any time)

UPDATE: Users are now allowed a maximum of four (4) characters in this thread to buy apples. Again, cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.

-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.

-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.

-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4).

-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

"Well, howdy there mister. I like yer hat. Hats are fun!"

As he approached the apple stand-slash-adhoc kissing booth, Memory Lane admittedly had no idea what to expect from this sandy-maned mare, but it was hardly surprising that the first thing she talked about was his hat. What was surprising was that she seemed to like it, given the number of comments he got so often to the contrary (being called 'cuphead' during a particular field trip came to mind), and he couldn't help but raise an eye-brow as he closed the journal still levitating infront of him and slipped it back into his saddlebag. "Really? That's, uh... thank you." He chuckled, trying to let go of his nerves. She seemed like a nice enough gal just from first impressions alone, and unlike many ponies from his type of blueblooded background, Lane found he rather liked her accent; it was a very nice change from the ridiculous voices he was used to.

"It was part of my university uniform to begin with, but it kind of grew on me. Your hat's nice, too, you know. Looks well loved, but cared for- like there's a history to it. That speaks volumes to a somepony like me." Lane smiled at her, forcing his eyes from her hat and the rather stunning emerald eyes beneath to the different types of apples on the stand. The ostensive reason he was here was not quite banished from the forefront of his mind, and he didn't want to make things any more awkward than necessary.

"You come here to buy some apples, ah'm guessin' right?"

Aaaaand there it was. Lane's ears folded back in embarrassment as he grinned sheepishly, "Well... to be honest, I got into the line back there out of pure curiosity. I didn't even really know what was going on until I was halfway here." He replied, looking over the rather succulent looking products on display and trying ignore the thought of the looming bonus that came with them. "But, uh, after that long wait, I am pretty hungry. I'm not much of an apple connoisseur, though; what'd you recommend for a pony with sweet tastes?"

TczjcS9.png

Both Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel watched in fascination as Memory Lane approached the front of the line.

"I gotta agree with mah Applejack on this'n," Granny Smith whispered to her younger brother. "That sure is a funny lookin' hat that thar unicorn guy's a-wearin'."

"Dat hat is called a fez, mein sister," Apple Strudel answered back, "dee fez is a hat dat vas first popular in parts of Saddle Arabia und now has become accepted all over Equestria."

"Well, if'n ya ask me, it kinda looks like a small lampshade! It's even gotta pull rope on top of it!"

"Nein! Do not say such tings about a pony's hat. Dat vould be considered rude."

"Reckon ya gotta point thar, Strudel. Besides, what if somepony made fun of yur green pointy hat? That'd be rude too."

"Javol," the bearded stallion nodded in agreement as the two elderly ponies waited for their next orders from Applejack.

The pony seemed happy to hear a hat compliment. She knew it would hit him well, after all, she knew how good it felt to have somepony compliment your hat. And in return he would suggest the greatness of her hat. It felt a little fabricated, since it came right after her compliment, but his words were all the same meaningful to her. And yes, it was a great hat.

Ignoring the snickering from her elders, Applejack listened to the customer's request for her suggestion. "Well, that's easy!" Applejack gleamed. "Just about any apple grown on this here farm is good enough to eat as a snack. But what I think you want is a believable apple, right?" Applejack set a hoof around Memory's neck and pulled him closer. "You want something that tastes like an apple before you even bite into it, an apple that doesn't play games with you, or trick you into guessing its exact texture. You don't want to explore. You an average apple. The normal one. The plain one." Applejack softened her voice to a whisper. "The simple. Boring. Apple."

In a immediate guess, one could figure Applejack was a little put off by the casualness of the customer. Maybe she found it offensive when a pony just wanted the typical apple. Maybe the lack of discovering different fleshy tastes from different apples left her wanting more. Maybe, she was just disappointed in the pony's lack of understanding. But none of this was really the case. One look at the apple family's sales figures would show an increase in sales in the typical apple, the Red Delicious. It had everything pony's expected out of an apple, even though it may not personally be Applejack's favorite. It was the best selling apple, and for good reason. "How about some Red Delicious, then. They are red and juicy and exactly what you'd expect. Plus, you never get sick of 'em!" Without waiting for approval from her customer, she waved to Granny and Uncle Strudel to grab a single bushel of Red Delicious apples. "So one bushel then? That's five bits."

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Memory Lane

60. Princess Cadance

61. Berry Punch

63. Fluttershy

64. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

• Like 1

Memory Lane suddenly felt this situation had spiraled right out of his control. Whether it was the sudden close contact with Applejack or the fact she had essentially chosen his purchase for him, he had no idea; probably both. Well, I did ask for her opinion. It still seemed rather unsettling to the even-tempered stallion that she seemed so... upset, for lack of a better description, about his simple taste in apples. Rather than say anything about her apparent annoyance or her uncomfortable proximity, Lane just grinned awkwardly and nodded as she gave the price for a bushel. "That's a fair price."

Actually, buck fair; when he thought about it for a moment, that was downright amazing compared to what apples cost in Canterlot! At that price, maybe he could even... "I'll go ahead and buy a bushel of McIntoshes, too. Those are pretty good on a salad, if you ask me. What do you think?" Well, now that he'd poked the proverbial dragon a second time, Lane only hoped that he could salvage this encounter by exchanging likes on apples. Just to show he was serious, he lifted his hat with a quick flourish of his green magic and removed the small sack of bits hidden underneath; an unusual hiding place, sure, but it was amazing what a little tolerance and a holding charm could accomplish.

After a short awkward pause, Applejack waited for a response from the pony. A few facial expresses showing his amazement in her choice and price (and maybe some recovery from her invasion of privacy as well)he finally spoke up and asked for a second bushel, this one McIntosh. "Well sure!" Applejack didn't hesitate, even if his assumption of the apple's use was a bit to the left side of common knowledge for an apple pony. "Yeah, you can use McIntosh just for about everything. You can cook 'em, stew 'em, mash 'em, eat 'em raw." Applejack pointed weakly at her big brother, who was still recovering from his encounter with the Princess. "You can even convince him to do all your afternoon chores for him, too!" Applejack chuckled at her bad joke, and the descended back to the counter while wiping a tear of insane joy from her eye. "Two bushels. Two bits." Applejack smiled and closed her eyes in confidence. As soon as those coins hit the wooden counter, she was in business.

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Memory Lane

60. Princess Cadance

61. Berry Punch

63. Fluttershy

64. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

TczjcS9.png

As the two elderly siblings settled down, they spotted AppleJack's signal for more Red Delicious apples.

"Ya catch that thar sign, Strudel?" Granny Smith asked.

"Javol mein sister!" Uncle Apple Strudel neighed as the breaded stallion rushed up to the stand pushing two bushel baskets of Red Delicious apples up to her. "Dere you are!"

"Good work! I think that thar lampshade wearin' stallion wanted two bushels!"

"Dat's called a fez!"

"The guy's name is Fez? That's a kinda odd name fer a stallion."

"Nein! Dat's not his name!"

"Then why did ya say it was his name? Yur really confusin' me, little brother!"

Uncle Apple Strudel opened his mouth to response, but then closed it quickly, realizing it was probably a lost cause.

"I am sorry, Granny," he said with a nod.

Memory Lane raised an eye-brow at Applejack's gesture towards the red stallion, absentmindedly retrieving a few bits from the bit pouch as he asked, "You know that pony?" It wasn't every day that a stallion from a rural farm stole a kiss from one of the rulers of Equestria, and Lane was eager for a bit of information about the lucky guy. He looked between the two as he set down his money on the stand and returned his money to it's hiding place, noting the similarly apple-themed cutie marks on the two ponies; they were probably from the same clan, which meant... "He's family, I take it?"

Berry shuffled forward with the last few ponies at the front of the line, watching as things took place...she could hear some of what was going on, but it didn't really strike a chord with her overall. Seemed like Applejacks brother was garnering some unexpected curiosity from one of the colts ahead of her...although that wasn't so surprising, he was very much a curious pony in and of himself - a and a stallion of few words in public, usually.

there wasn't really a whole lot Berry could do in her situation - pinchy seemed to have gotten distracted with something shiny, and there wasn't really anypony else in line she knew all that well. She wasn't one to really have an issue with crowds and such, but she was getting a little bit listless...with any luck, the ponies in front of her would get their own orders for apples taken care of quickly. She continues to ponder about the idea of what to do with the apples she was acquiring, and the idea of a fruit and apple pie for later between her, quicklime and Pinchy sounded ever so appealling...

Still, for the time being....Berry waited patiently, as for now there wasn't really an alternative except to do just that!

"Yeah, he's family. All of these apple ponies are mah kin." Applejack motioned to the elderly apples again. "What's taken them so long to get them apples here? It's just a bushel each of Red Delicious and McIntosh." Applejack faced forward, the customer pony just standing there pensively it seemed. Applejack loved silence. A nice sun-warming nap under an apple tree with nothing but random wind currents playing the music in the air. It was relaxing. However, it can also be awkward. Seeing as ponies were waiting in line, Applejack wouldn't be too afraid to insinuate a quicker response. "So. You gonna drop some bits or what?" Applejack said with a cheeky smile.

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Memory Lane

60. Princess Cadance

61. Berry Punch

63. Fluttershy

64. Red Cedar

On hold:

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

TczjcS9.png

As Granny Smith stood deep in thought about Fez's hat, it was her brother, Uncle Apple Strudel, who suddenly realized something important.

"ACH! UNEEMAL!" the bearded stallion shouted, "dee apples! Vee must get dee apple order up to dee booth, mein sister!"

"Jumpin' Gee-hoss-a-fat! Yur right as rain, Strudel!" the elderly Earth mare neighed back. "Er, what was that thar order?"

"Vone bushel of Red Delicious, und vone bushel of MacIntosh!"

"No no no, Strudel. Red and Big Mac ain't here! We're gonna have ta git this order ourselves!"

"Er, javol, mein sister," Uncle Apple Strudel said with a sigh, not wanting to argue with Granny Smith, the gray bearded stallion quickly pushed the two bushels of apples over to the stand near AppleJack. "I am sorry for dee delay, Fraulien AppleJack. Here is dee two bushels you vanted."

"See Strudel, I told ya we didn't need Red and Big Mac ta deliver these up!" Granny Smith neighed confidently.

"You are right of course, mein sister," Apple Strudel said with a warm smile.

Memory Lane answered Applejack's request for bits with a confused look, glancing down at the two gold coins he had already placed on the stand and then back up at the farmer-filly's eyes. "Um... I did, already. You said two bushels for two bits, right?" He tentatively asked, uncertain how she would respond. Friendly though she may be, it didn't escape Lane's mind that Applejack was a business-pony, and he didn't want to come off as somepony trying to start a haggle. He knew from experience that those didn't end well where he was concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Applejack didn't take kindly to the assumption that the customer misheard her. She looked down at the two bits and then up at the pony wanting to buy. "I didn't say two bits, did I?" Within only a fraction of a second, Applejack's honesty sensors deep within her brain triggered a dilemma. What if she did say two bits? Was this pony trying to swindle her? Was she going to let hi get away with it? And what would her tone be.

Fortuntely, Applejack was able to exhale her thoughts away, that labeled this pony a fraud and a deceiver. Instead, a simple misunderstanding was probably the issue. So she corrected. "I'm sorry if I said two bits. It's actually five bits." She smiled widely, hoping it would not deflate the customer. After all, that is a 150% increase of the price. "Five bits is still a a great price. You ain't gonna find a deal like this anywhere else, not even during the middle of harvestin' season." Applejack stepped back to where the bushels were finally placed by her elderly kin, and presented them to the pony buying with a smile.

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngshiningbuttonsig_zps6d87c176.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• 3 weeks later...

Berry was wondering about the variious apple types on offer - she knew there was an assortment of apples, but she was never really all that great at telling them apart...perhaps that was something of a flaw on her part, but there it was. Much as she did like a good crunchy apple, she couldn't help but wonder if there really WAS a difference between all of them, or maybe it was all just some great trick of the mind telling the eater that the fruit they were eating tasted slightly different to one exactly like it, but with a slightly pinker skin...or a red skin, or even rainbow - although, she muses, she'd never eaten a rainbow apple before in raw form.

Regardless, it seemed like her turn was fast approaching - Applejack was surely trying to wrap up her current customers, and it seemed like the line behind her was growing ever longer...in some ways, Berry felt a little sorry for the mare in having to deal with nearly half or most of Ponyville and some of the surrounding territories just to seel apples, but the Apple family mare seemed to be relishing the challenge. That was fair enough - she seemed the tough sort who would handle herself well enough when things got a little tougher. Of course, not every sale should be quite as rough to deal with, and Berry was fairly sure she was going to simply ask for a variety of apple types for her drinks - if she could figure out which ones tasted better or whatnot, perhaps that would work in her favour as a juice bar special or something...well, she could only hope afterall, right?

Anyway, the waiting goes on and Berry hums quietly to herself...anticipating getting this little piece of business concluded so she could get back to her bar with the apples to get things under way!

• 1 month later...

redcedar90px.png Red Cedar

Red leaned well over from his spot in line to watch all the goings on at the front end. As he watched, things suddenly became clearer, as more than one pony, even Celestia herself, had walked away not just with the apples they paid for but also...

Red looked back up at the banner. Suddenly he knew what the hay an Apple-Kiss was.

He glanced back down the row of ponies at the orange mare behind the stall, who seemed to be in charge of giving out not only the apples, but the other part as well, Princess Celestia notwithstanding. "Oh, wow." he murmured to himself.

Quickly looking about, he found some sprigs of mint growing by the side of the road. Quickly snapping up a couple leaves, he chewed them around in his mouth and then swallowed them down before he got too much further in line.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2qJgRGm.png

Princess Cadence’s chit-chat came to an end when she saw that the customer in front of her had completed their purchase. It was now the alicorn’s turn to buy apples from Applejack. Having paid no attention at all to the going-ons outside her conversation, Cadence didn’t know yet about the kissing booth aspect of this sale. Oblivious, she trotted to the booth and happily greeted another one of her friends; “Hello Applejack! So this is the Sweet Apple Acres I’ve heard so many good things about.”

TczjcS9.png

Seeing that Princess Cadance had now reached the front of the line, both Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel gave the customary respectful bow. But as the two elderly pony siblings bowed, there was a loud cracking sound that instantly filled the air.

"Vhat was dat noise?" Uncle Apple Strudel asked as the bearded stallion stood back up began to look all around.

"I think that was me, Strudel," Granny Smith admitted, the elderly mare still in the 'bowing' position. "Think it's mah back agin."

"ACK! UNEEMAL!" Apple Strudel shouted, "are you in pain?"

"Ain't so much the pain as it is bein' stuck like this fer a spell. Strudel, ya know what ta do."

"Javol, mein sister," the bearded stallion calmly said as he reared up his hind legs and gave Granny Smith a swift kick on her left hip. The quick 'snap' sound attested to the success of the impromptu procedure.

"Ah! That feels a heap better!" the elderly mare neighed, standing up straight on her four hooves. "Thank ya, Strudel!"

"You are velcome, mein sister."

• 2 weeks later...

All four. Why not? Applejack would have never believed she would be placed in this situation, but it looks like she gets to have the pleasure of experiencing a royal kiss from all of Equestria's princesses all in one day. How lucky! She guesses. "Princess Cadance. What a pleasant surprise!" Applejack stated with a littel bit of sarcasm. "How's the kingdom thing going for ya? Are the Princesses gathering for a meeting with Twilight in Ponyville er somthin'?"

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Princess Cadance

60. Berry Punch

61. Silver Heart (might not buy)

62. Fluttershy

63. Red Cedar

On hold:

Memory Lane (On standby)

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood

• 4 weeks later...
2qJgRGm.png

Princess Cadence laughed off the second of Applejack’s questions; “Hehehe, I suppose it would seem that way, but I actually had no idea Princess Celestia was going to be here in Ponyville.” There was a twinge of embarrassment in the alicorn's voice, for she didn't think Applejack needed to know that Celestia mainly came to keep an eye on Prince Blueblood. Anywho, Cadence cheerfully continued on; “Things are very good up in the Crystal Empire, by the way. We're just about ready in fact for the crystal berry harvest; everypony's looking forward to it! So Applejack, what sort of apples would you recommend I get?”

"An apple recommendation for Princess of the Crystal Empire, hm." Applejack thought out loud as she tapped her chin. "Ah know! Cortland apples." Applejack reached back into a short inventory and found a bushel of cortland apples and pushed it forward in front of the Princess. "These apples are great late season apples. We make more before winter comes, but the ones we get now are perfect for shipping to colder environments. Cortlands hold up a lot better when the weather doesn't cooperate, so I figure why not have a cold-resistant apple for a princess from an overly cold place." Applejack giggled. "No offense. So how 'bout it, Princess Cadance? Maybe I can get you two bushels, one for you and one for your knight in Shining Armor?"

42 Kisses left!

Next up

59. Princess Cadance

60. Berry Punch

61. Silver Heart (might not buy)

62. Fluttershy

63. Red Cedar

On hold:

Memory Lane (On standby)

Kissed

1-10

2. Reno Golucky

3. Lore Weaver

5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings

13. Donut "Pony" Joe

20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine

23. Opal Shards

24. Bon Bon

26. Princess Luna

27. Guiding Light

28. Mythos Gray

29. Harrington Sleuth

30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell

34. Master Mustang

35. Parhelion

36. Prime Meridian

37. Razor

38. Dr. Spin Tale

40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm

42. Heart Line

43. Pocket Change

44. Sugar Rush

45. Moonstone II

46. Valen Orange

47. Mojo

50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks

52. Flash Sentry

53. Gadget

55. Carrot Top

56. Presteza

57. Prince Blueblood