[Sweet Apple Acres] 100 Country Kisses (Closed. NO Kisses Left)

Hippo

Fluttershy drew back with a blush at Presteza's suggestion that she was 'cute.'  Despite her brief career as a model, the pegasus had trouble thinking of herself in those terms.  She gave the artist a weak smile when asked if she would pose with he snake friends.  Presteza had painted her once before, and the artist's speed had made the expirience... well, not terrible.  "Um, I, guess that would be OK..." she answered.  "B-but I've never heard of anypony wanting to paint snakes!

Looking around, Fluttershy was surprised to see she was at the front of the line!  Both of the princesses had departed already, and Applejack was hailing her from the stand.  Smiling at her friend, she stepped forward.  "Hello Applejack!"  she greeting her friend happily.  Taking notice of the other members of AJ's family nearby, she said, "And Hello Mrs. Smith!  Oh, and Mr. Strudel!"  The older stallion was not usualy a resident of Ponyville, but she recognized him from previous visits.  Fluttershy's eyes then rose... and rose, to meet the eyes of Applejack's brother.  Her very tall, very... muscular brother.  "H-hi... Big Macintosh..."  she told the red stallion.  She found herself staring for just a moment.  She heard little Applebloom's voice shouting... something about the sale that was going on, but most of the message went in one ear and out the other...

Fluttershy forced her focus back to Applejack.  With a smile she commented, "My, you really seem to be doing good business today!  Are you having a sale today?"  She pulled back a moment to look up at the sign above the booth, but she found herself distracted by a dark pegasus mare coming in for a landing, and crashing right into Applebloom!  Her jaw dropped open in surprise;  she recognized this mare!  "Oh my goodness!  NIght Glider?  What are you doing here?" she asked, excitedly

• Like 1

banner_applejack_zpscd51b6b0.png

Through the commotion of the ponies who were leaving, Applejack could see the end of the line, and it was closer to her than she initially realized. "I hope we get some more ponies wantin' to buy these apples. We still got plenty to spare." Almost like a verbal cue, Applejack's little sister took a bullhorn microphone and started belting into it like everypony's life depended on it. It was cute, and loud. Applejack had long since gotten over the embarrassment of giving away her own lips in order to liquidate some apples, but did she really need to speak that heavily and wake up all the bats and owls that were trying to sleep in Ponyville's nearby forests? "Apple Bloom, I appreciate your attempt to get attention, but you might wanna stop before somepony comes down on you."

Just then, a blue pegasus came souring through the sky and landed on the yellow blank flank filly. Applejack was a little stunned. "Gosh, I didn't mean that literally." It seemed Apple Bloom's advertising was paying off again. Either than or it was dumb luck. Applejack wondered if any other ponies would find their way to Sweet Apple Acres in the coming minutes.

"Why yes, Fluttershy, I am having a sale on apples." Applejack raised an eyebrow and smirked. "You didn't see all the paper mache Apple Bloom plastered all over Ponyville? We're selling bushels of apples for five bits each, and every sale gets a free kiss."

39 Kisses left!

Next up
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider

65. Granola Gracie

(If the line order is incorrect, please tell me in PM)

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

Problems and rules log (please review):
UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

1. Carrot Fields :smug:
2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
4. Dunder Blust :???:
5. Gentle Sol
6. Flam watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
7. Starburst :???:
8. Astral :smug:
9. Flim watapplejackbyfelixkotd.png
10. Silverbolt :smug:

11-20

11. Klondike :smug:
12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
14. Rarity ajscreen.png;)
15. Pigpen :smug:
16. Cherry Jubilee :???:
17. Misty Morning :smug:
18. Pathfinder :???:
19. Earth Writer :smug:
20. Thorn

21-30

21. Metal Maker :smug:
22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
25. Electric Vibe :smug:ajscreen.png
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
32. Pinkie Pie :smirk:
33. Star Storm :smug:
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
39. Professor Ashen Smirk
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
48. Trixie :shifty:
49. Princess Twilight Sparkle
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
54. Professor Clyde Krashkop
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
58. Princess Celestia :Celest:
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

banner_granola_zps959b23d9.png

Granola Gracie is a brown earth pony who has lived in Ponyville's edge of Whitetail Wood for several years. Though she is somewhat of a recluse, she will visit Ponyville from time to time to get a good look at what ponies are selling in the marketplace. A botanist at heart, she loves the different kinds of plants that grow around Equestria and is especially interested in the rare flora that inahabits places ponies don't normally trot. Today, however would be a bit more routine. She noticed right away that no apple family cart was set up at the marketplace, leaving the area a bit empty. But what she did happen to notice is a very elementary advertisement for an apple sale that took place at Sweet Apple Acres all day. Free kisses? That's interesting. And five bits a bushel!? Granola wasn't going to resist such a deal. She could eat for a couple weeks on that haul, and maybe even try to cultivate and experiment with her own apple trees using the apple seeds. Since food was the reason she came to town anyways, she decided to walk over to the apple orchard and see what kind of business Applejack had to offer. And a kiss? Certainly that was a joke by whoever drew that flyer up, right?

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

• Like 1

Red actually found himself in a bit of a nervous state now, as the line slowly but surely dwindled down, leaving him just two ponies away. Certainly the little filly's description through the bullhorn didn't lie, even if it was pretty loud. And, this was going to be an annual event? Red made a note of the date so he could be back next year.

Luckily for his ears, the filly's advertising blitz to all of town was interrupted, although he looked on with a bit of concern as a pegasus flew straight into her. Still, they both seemed to get up soon enough, so he guessed no harm was really done. That left him still in line, taking a deep breath, gazing over at a particularly lovely pony behind the booth, chiding himself not to stare.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheerilee stretched her legs as she stepped outside her single floor ranch home near the school house.   Since it was a Saturday there were no classes to hold and as luck would have it, no foals to watch for detention.  Her day free, it was a prime opportunity to get a few errands done, one of which was a short list of groceries.  Although she originally intended to get the apples she needed on that list at the local market, the advertisement she found stuffed under the door changed her plans.  If Sweet Apple Acres were going to sell apples wholesale at such a discount, how could any frugal pony not want to take advantage?

The mauve colored mare didn’t even think about the kissing part of the advert as she trotted to the nearby orchard, assuming it was hyperbole on the part of a little filly that was known to exaggerate from time to time, especially when it came to her family.   Besides discounted apples from the best orchard in the land was more than enough motivation, and when she saw the line outside of the stand, it was obvious to her other ponies thought so too.

Cheerilee didn’t recognize several of the ponies in the line, in fact the only one she knew was Fluttershy, who was basically a celebrity in the town due to the adventures she had with her friends, not that you want to inform the shy pegasus of that fact as it always caused her great embarrassment,  in fact Fluttershy would even occasionally flee the scene if the situation was awkward enough.  The other three, a navy blue pegasus, a brick red earth pony with a two toned green mane, and a brown earth pony who’s mane was also green were complete strangers to the school teacher.  Were they new to town or did the ads that were obviously of Applebloom’s creation circulate that far and wide?

Regardless , the line was reasonably short, and it give Cheerilee a chance to converse with the Apple family outside of formal situations involving Applebloom’s schooling, or embarrassingly awkward ones involving spell infused drinks.

• Like 2

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

It didn't take long for her to feel out of her element. Night Glider wasn't good with foals. She was just as poor with the adults, really. What was the proper way to respond? Was there any sort of way youw ere supposed to respond? Night Glider wished she could slip back into the sky and fly and get her job done and just be on her way, but here she was talking to Fluttershy. Fluttershy. One of the ponies who had pulled her out of a dark web of mental domination that had consumed her and sent her into the abyss of what was in all honesty a cult. And here she was with Applejack, another one of that circle who saved her, and they were both Equestrian heroes. How did you just start small talk with them? It was almost easier when theyw ere just strangers. So much easier to relate to one of those rather than heroes, especially ones she owed so much to. None of this helped her natural social awkwardness.

Which is to say she was dumbstruck for about five seconds after Fluttershy spoke with her, shaking her head to clear her too tired head free of the cobwebs that crisscrossed what she could only assume was an empty skull. “Oh...oh! I'm still preparing the night station in Sanctuary. I need to get over to the weather control bureau in Canterlot to some sort of paperwork thingymajigger. and part of that is trying to establish a legal connection with Canterlot's weather control bureau. I can't fly there during the day- the day's patterns are just so weird and I'm so bum tired from last night. If I felt better- oh yeah, but no. So I've been on a train all morning. I just saw some sort of thingy was happening here and I decided wam, bam, thank you madame apple. I haven't had one of those since forever! How are you?” She asked, more than happy to be on the receiving end than the talky end.

Speaking of talky ends, Apple Bloom tried to use her horn again despite everypony telling her no- except the crash had broken it. She had gotten that one good shout off and had turned it off, and now her horn was all sorts of broken! Darnit! She wanted to take it on that pegasus mare who had flew so recklessly into her and ruined EVERYTHING, but she figured there was better uses of her time and energy. She was at first going to run on over and explain the whole process bit by bit to Fluttershy, but Applejack explained the process well enough. As she did so, Nigh Glider turned a bit ashen as her wings poofed out, turning to face a brown earth pony who just showed up, turning again to face the ground in quick acting shame. Not that Apple Bloom was paying any attention because her teacher was here!

She trotted out to Miss Cheerilee- but not before putting a flyer into Red Cedar's tail and whisper-shouting while trotting "buy some apples!"- with a big, wide smile absolutely crushing the entirety of her expression. “Miss Cheerilee! Miss Cheerilee! Did you see tha posters Ah made for this? Did you like it? Did ya?”

AppleBloomATTEMPT3final.png

Two ponies slowly made their way towards the line. One was a fuzzy brown colt with a little train as a cutie mark, and the other was an red coated mare who was marked with either a meteorite or a meat hayball on her flank. The pair were already involved in a conversation.

rwkxmf.jpg

"Why in the world do we need more apples?", the mare asked, "Wasn't Wind just here? Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Honeycrisp from time to time, but I don't see why we need more. I don't know why my parents asked you-to ask me to get another bag. None of us can actually cook.", the Pegasus pony's ears waggled as she overheard a filly as she shouted out the rules. Some bits for some apples and a kiss from her sister. "Lady Applejack?", she glanced up and noticed at the end of the line was an mare wearing a light brown Stetson hat. She recognized as one of Equestria's heroes.

"Get apples and a kiss?", the mare asked.

wre6o5.jpg

"Yep!", the colt replied back, "Don't worry Fire Walker, it's just a little kiss on the cheek! They're doing this for something special! And if they don't let Applejack kiss me, I could always get one from her sister as she's kind of cute.", the colt managed to blush hard enough that it could be seen through his dark coat.

"Uh-Hu.", Fire Walker groaned, "You're a very odd little colt, Fast Track. Guess that's why Wind likes to hang around with you. Oh.", as she scanned the line in front of them, the mare noticed a familiar yellow Pegasus mare just a few spaces ahead. "That's Lady Fluttershy.", she whispered, "Another one of Equestria's heroes.  And no, I don't think she wants to kiss you."
  • Like 2

Berry Punch:

Berry had been mostly satisfied with her custom here - Applejack was, as ever, a good sport and a shrewd businessmare...which of course was one of the reasons she couldn't help but admire just how she managed things on the farm as she did. Anyway, it appeared all businesses were concluded and monetary/smooches had been issued cordially and without incident - Ruby still seemed a little spaced, but Berry put that down to mostly just the weather and general tiredness. The winemaker managed to stack the bushels onto her back and into the sidesaddle she carried without too much incident and looked over towards her overzealous but slightly dazed young filly and chuckles slightly. 

" Come along, Pinchy - we have places to be and ice cream cakes to prepare! " she says with gentle encouragement. " that, and plenty of apples to make juices and....other things out of later! "

She was a little uncertain just what she would really be able to do with ALL of these fruit, but if anypony could figure something out for them later, it was Berry Punch!

[Exit thread: Berry}

Big Mac:

Macintosh had been watching this whole affair on occasion between delivering apples and retrieving the stored bushels as part of the supply chain - it had been mostly amusing, and the red stallion couldn't help but be somewhat impressed that so many of these ponies had come here for the privilege of givin' AJ a big ol' kiss. Chuckling to himself as he pulled up towards the counter with another batch of red delicious apples, he unhitches himself and takes a bite out of an apple he'd taken for his own personal munchings. Having worked fairly tirelessly for the last couple of hours, he figured he deserved himself a small reprieve and thus took the opportunity to see just how things were gettin' on with this rather curious little venture of his sisters for a little while - Ayup, Nothing was more impressive than seeing all of Ponyville lining up for a silly but fun l'il thing like this afterall!

Edited by Robikku Pegasus

Sky Sailing was moving out.

For most ponies, that would usually mean a great big to-do about packing and shipping and finding a place to rent.  For most pegasi, the latter process was simplified by the fact that they could create housing stock out of thin air.  Or, to speak in a more strictly literal fashion, out of thick, vapor-heavy air.  Clouds were kind of awesome like that.

It had been a long-delayed decision for the young stallion, but on the whole, it was one he was sure of.  He couldn't keep making his music in the basement of his parents' house while half his day was spent lumbering crates in a cold storage warehouse, leaving few hours to sleep, if he ever slept at all.  Going through life half-awake and dreamy made for a whimsical existence, but did not necessarily assist in creative productivity.

Neither did hunger, unfortunately.  After spending the first few days of independence on a binge of musical experimentation and output in his rapidly-constructed studio, the stallion realized that he had forgotten to stock his cupboard in any fashion.  That brought him down here, to the town he had momentarily stationed his cloud house by to stay near to a few friends.  None of them seemed to be about today, but there was apparently a sale on food.

The light blue pegasus drifted like a paper airplane down to the back of the line, and couldn't help but overhear what they had been saying.  "Kiss...?"  Many times he was unsure if the sights and sounds of his experience were merely dreams, but this time, the question was pertinent.  If this was a dream, and it seemed unlikely that a shop mare would just go and kiss her customers like that, then the apples at the end weren't real.  But maybe his hunger wasn't either-

*GRRRwllwg...*

Sky blushed as the gurgles of his pained stomach made it pointedly clear that his hunger was real, and that he was not dreaming.  "I'm glad I remembered to dress properly this morning..."  It was an affectation, of course, but he felt uncomfortable without at least a white shirt on, and today he'd gone out with a tie and black vest as well.

Normally, he would hum while he waited, or sing a little impromptu ditty, but he was too hungry to think of anything right now, barring special inspiration.

• Like 1

Red Cedar was snapped out of his thoughts by the unfamiliar feeling of a flier being stuck into his tailhairs, as the exuberant young shill of a filly tried to encourage him to buy apples. Red just looked incredulously at her as she passed. Considering he had been standing in line for so long, wasn't it obvious by now? "Uhm, that's why I came here!" he said after her, not really knowing if she heard or not, but not really intending to be, either. With a shake of his head, he reached back and plucked the piece of paper out of his tail with his teeth, stashing it into one of his camping saddlebags.

Afterwards, he happened to glance behind him. The line had grown again by several ponies, not just the pegasus who had made a crash landing. He nodded to a few, but noticed the pegasus was staring intently downwards. "Are you all right?" he asked Night Glider, not certain if the crash had done more harm than was apparent.

LbxP15a.jpg

Like most flying creatures, Hawkeye was always one for a good, lazy flight. He was no racer or stunt griffon of course, but drifting along with the wind was a great way to pass the time on a day like this. Next to shooting arrows, this was his second favorite way to clear his mind from all the crazy things the ponies in Equestria have to offer.

Of course, the challenge was finding the perfect place to do it, and having been over most places in Equestria, this was still a little hard. While he didn't mind larger cities, they were always so...well, crowded. Not to mention there will always be hat one pony that grabs a cab before you can. No, Hawkeye found himself to enjoy smaller towns a little more. Places like...Ponyville.

The griffon smiled to himself a bit as he flew over the town. He had never been here before, but it seemed harmless enough. Of course having an apparent pony princess living here would be interesting, but it'll only be for a couple days until he decides to fly somewhere else.

Though as his eyes scanned the ground looking for a place to land, the griffon suddenly found himself flying right past Ponyville and into...an apple orchard? He looked around some more, intrigued by tree after tree of the ripe fruits. While he wasn't exactly starving at the moment, they sure looked good...

But his thoughts about warm apple pie were interrupted when the vacantness of the orchard came to a halt. Sure enough, there was small group of ponies all lined up to buy none other than those apples. Well, who could say no to that? The line was short anyways, right? Without thinking twice, Hawkeye landed, stretching his slightly tired wings a bit. He absentmindedly listened to the conversations of other ponies, and it didn't take long for him to figure out what was really happening.

"Kisses?" He glanced at the mare who was allegedly handing out the apples, and Hawkeye found himself smiling a bit. "Well, if there's a kiss from a country mare involved, I'll definitely buy." He couldn't put a claw on it, but he always admired something about the country types. Oh well, didn't matter. This day couldn't get any better!

• Like 1

Cheerilee was glad she showed up when she did as a line of ponies, not to mention a single griffon, quickly formed up behind her.  She must have been lucky, arriving during a lull in the storm of apple sales.   With luck no pony, er, no one, would have to wait long, after all buying a bushel of apples should be a pretty straight forward affair.

Cheerilee may not have known most of those in line, but she was very familiar with the Apple family, especially little Applebloom, who cheerfully bounced up to her with her usual enthusiasm and desire for approval, in this particular case, in relation to her hoofmade advertisement flyers.  “Hello Applebloom, I did see the flyers you made, in fact found one placed under the door to my house; I wouldn’t be surprised you went to every single home in Ponyville, you always been a very dedicated and hard working little pony when you put your mind to it.”  Cheerilee looked once again at the line, full of ponies and griffons that didn’t hail from their quaint home town before turning her head back to the red headed filly.  “How far did you manage to distribute these flyers?  There seems to be a good deal of out of town folk here!”  Not that was a bad thing at all, quite the opposite, but it would require some clever campaigning which showed innovation on Applebloom’s part, which Cheerilee wanted to encourage, as long as it didn’t involve any recklessness or the little filly exhausting herself needlessly.

There was one other nagging question in Cheerilee’s mind in regards to the flyers, which most have cost a lot in paper and ink, hopefully it was all part of the Sweet Apple Acres budget but Cheerilee had been to the local printers press lately and didn’t recall seeing any large orders there, she also recalled the proprietor mentioning that ‘thing had been slow this week’.  Cheerilee gave a disarming smile hiding a nagging feeling in the back of her mind, “so Applebloom, how did you manage to make so many flyers?  You must have gotten quite the bargain!  Or did you perhaps get them printed slowly over time in preparation for this day?.”

• Like 1

Fluttershy smiled encouragingly at Night Glider.  The pegasus sounded as though she were nervous, or at least unused to talking to ponies.  No real surprise, considering the conditions she had lived under in Starlight Glimmer's village.  Remembering the distance that they had traveled to reach the village when she and her friends had gone, Fluttershy could sympathize with Night Glider's weariness.  "Goodness, I can understand!  I know I couldn't fly that far, day or night, but riding on trains can tire you out just as much!"  Hesitantly, she offered "Well, um, if you need to rest, you could stay with me, or maybe one of the other girls.  And I'm sure Rainbow Dash could help you with the Weather Bureau paperwork, if you need help, I mean."

Fluttershy was a little confused when Night Glider referred to 'Sanctuary.'  However, after a moment, she realized what the mare meant.  "Oh!  You named the village!" she said in understanding.  The little settlement had just been called 'Our Town' originally.  Smiling. she added, "It's very nice!  And appropriate, I think."

It was only then that Fluttershy turned her attention back to Applejack.  "Oh!  No wonder you have such a crowd!"  she said brightly.  "I just need my usual two bushels, and..."  Fluttershy trailed off as the last part of what Applejack has said finally sank in.  "W-w-what?  K-k-kiss??"  she stuttered, her eyes going wide.  Her eyes locked on the signs on the booth, actually reading them for the first time.  She was suddenly very aware of the other ponies in line.  There were at least six ponies in line behind her, and a griffon that had just arrived as well.  Not to mention all of AJ's family with her...  Fluttershy began breathing hard, her wings flared as her flight response kicked in involuntarily.  "I...I... I couldn't... I mean...  in front of...  I...  I'll just come back later..."  she stammered, but found her hooves unable to move...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

An agitated pall hung around Gideon as he trudged his cart out of Ponyville. The Diamond Dog was used to some stares and the occasional muttering. But he always at least made ONE sale to some...less than informed ponyfolks. But that lingering reputation that his kind had for slavers seemed to hang pretty heavily over the quaint littler berg, leaving him without a single sale...

Sure, some of his kin partook in some seedier practices. But wasn't there something about not letting one bad apple spoil the bunch? Or pie?...or caramel apples...The canid's stomach growled as he stopped in his tracks. Perhaps some of his bad mood came from the fact he hadn't eaten since late last evening. With a heavy sigh, Gideon was setting up to turn his cart around to trudge BACK to Ponyville to find a meal, when a sight caught his eye. Ponies (and a griffon) making their way from somewhere with bushels of apples. Quite tasty looking apples at that.

After a bit of small talk with some of the passersby, the Diamond Dog gathered that the local apple farm was doing a sale! How fortunate, he thought. Cheap delicious apples would be his...and maybe if they were cheap enough he could bring some home to his pack too.

Dusting the shoulders of his armless jacket, Gideon hefted his cart off once more. A short while later he arrived at what he could only assume was the line for the apples. A small handful of ponies and another griffon even (who knew griffons liked apples so much) had formed a line in front of a booth with a hatted farm mare. Parking his cart off to the side to make sure to not block the line, Gideon popped his shoulders and back before taking his place in line.

• Like 2

Applejack noticed that familiar change in tone Fluttershy stammered as she realized what this setup was all about. It was about apples still, but had a sidedish of affection of the lips tied to it. Even Applejack would argue that such a setup was unnecessary, but considering the turnout of the sale so far, it was hard to disagree with the results. Applejack would use it as a joke to Rarity tomorrow, but then after that she will probably never speak of it again.

But consequentially, Applejack realized Fluttershy would leave the scene, as she often does at a time like this. And the more she freaked out by the ponies around her, the more attention she attracted, and the more nervous she would become. Applejack was sensitive to Fluttershy's embarrassment, but she wondered what that would look like if a pony suddenly ran away and panicked after coming to order some apples. It might look like there was a problem that would prevent customers from buying themselves. So Applejack had to make sure Fluttershy stayed calm.

"Sugarcube," Applejack whispered loudly. "Don't fret out all at once, now. You're gonna scare away mah customers." Applejack looked around, gauging the reaction from those nearby. She stared back to Fluttershy and gently put her hooves on her wings to fold them back down. "It's OK, Fluttershy, take it easy, I'm not gonna embarrass you. We can do this however you want. But I need you to help me here. I need that kiss. If you refuse, it might look bad for mah business. It'll be easy. I can just do a cheek peck. Heck, I'll even take some embarrassment if it would make it easier."

39 Kisses left!

Next up
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider

65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon

Inactive:
Memory Lane, Charming Masquerade, Maple, Brawny Boulder, Luminous Charge, Cherry Berry, Wild Riot, Survey, Savory Spell

UPDATE: Users are now allowed as many characters as they want. Please try to use one character at a time. Cast or original are both acceptable.

-Characters that are inactive will be put on hold when they get to the front of the line. If you are going to be inactive, please PM me. No one is in trouble, and everyone is still being included in the story, should they want to continue. Just give me a heads up.
-If you need to speak out of character with an individual, try to do it in a private message. If you 'have' to do it in the thread, make sure it's at the end of your posts under a spoiler tag. If it is not, it will be reported for deletion.
-Line order is not a posting order, just the order in which they are lined up. If it is your turn in the line or if its coming up soon, feel free to post whenever you want to advance the story. Please refrain from posting too much if you are deep in the queue.
-Limit two characters for each player receiving kisses until further notice. Maximum is now four (4). Unlimited characters allowed, one at a time.
-Please keep in mind that a purchase gets your pony a kiss from AJ, not AJ gets a kiss from your pony. If you want to do something 'crazy' that involves AJ, please PM me for permission.

Questions? Post your questions and suggestions in the out of character thread here.

Kissed
1-10

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

Applejack.pnglunabuttonsig_zpsc23a2b97.pngflaxseed.pngGranola_Gracie.pngArrow_Plain.pngMiracle.pngRemington.pngSugar_Rush-1.pngCoconut_Lime.png

Well, Cheerilee was suitably impressed with how far and wide Apple Bloom's reach extended, and who wouldn't be? Apple Bloom had drapped Ponyville in fliers to an almost comical degree. If you could ever turn in place and not see less than half a dozen fliers you had found a place suitably out of Ponyville. Not that she hadn't tried to get out of town. She had left a stack of fliers in the train situation, which hopefully explained how some other ponies found it. It had been really hard and time consuming and she was darn proud of it, and puffed her chest proudly as Cheerilee noted how far it had gotten out. “Ah got it all 'round Ponyville! I visited most houses an' just about everywhere else Ah could go. Ah got some into tha train station, hopefully that's wokin' out tha way Ah think it is,” Apple Bloom said, more than excited to tell her teacher just how awesome she was today. She was used to being a slight disappointment to her.

But...well then she wanted to know how Apple Bloom had gotten all those fliers made. Apple Bloom wasn't about to tell her that she had kinda sorta broke into the Foal Free Press and printed off like a madmare. She'd probably put the apple in the cart tomorrow or so when she checked up on the Foal Free Press, so maybe she should tell the truth. Applejack would approve of that too. Of course, that would mean she'd probably be in trouble, so maybe she should lie. Nopony would like that except maybe Apple Bloom. Not that it would help. Unless it would. Which it might. So what to do? Apple Bloom stared blankly up at her teacher for a few seconds before a nervous, wide smile appeared. “Oh! I, uhh- got it ordered a while back...through the Foal Free Press! Just picked'm up last night. Ah wonder if somepony forgot all that, errm, paperwork? Probably. Ah wouldn't bother lookin' for it. Anywho, guess how many apples are in a bushel! Do it and you get a prize! Yeah, you get a prize!Nice job distracting her Apple Bloom. You've still go it!

Night Glider listened to Fluttershy intently, wishing she could say yes. It'd be so relaxing to just be able to stay in the area and make sure to get all nice and rested before she had to do paperwork, but the timing didn't make sense. She could afford one night of not working, but two? The Sanctuary was far away and she had to take the fastest method of transportation to get back. Well, actually, maybe if she wasn't stupid this would work out. She wanted to sleep during the day. It was day. The Weather Bureau was probably open twenty four hours a day, just like the weather. She could rest now, fly to Canterlot at night, finish the paperwork, and board a sky train heading north and then book it back to the Sanctuary. She'd probably get back mid-afternoon, take a nap, work. So this did work out! She just had to be smart and not her usual idiot self.
“Oh...that might actually work, F-Fluttershy. If I could stay with you until the night, that would be great. I'll just sleep so no need to do too much for me, I'll be quiet,” Night Glider said, taking Fluttershy up on her offer. It would be nice to see how a heroine lived.

Just like it was nice to see how Applejack tried to comfort her. And consequently how a red Earth Pony stallion asked her if she was alright. This long after the crash if he was asking that must have meant something was wrong. Nopony would ask if somepony was okay about an event long after the event passed unless something was up, right? She started inspecting herself. Her wings weren't crooked. Her hooves weren't cracked. Were her legs ajar and she was too numb to feel them? Nope. Was her face busted open? That'd be really nice of nopony else to tell her! But no, her face was fine. So what was the problem? What could it be? “Umm...I guess so! What's wrong with me? Am I bleeding somewhere? Is my tail still there?” Night Glider asked Red Cedar, panic not quite evident but growing alarm signaled that it was indeed coming.

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

TczjcS9.png

Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel have been working so hard helping with the apple stand that they barely noticed all the 'action' going on in the line.  It took Fluttershy's greeting, having been called out by name by the peaceful Pegasus mare that finally got their attention.

"Gut nottin' fraulien Fluttershy!" the bearded elderly Earth stallion shouted out to her.

'Howdy thar, Fluttershy!" added the excited Granny Smith, "good ta see ya here!"

Then Granny spotted Big MacIntosh nearby and got a very devious look on her face.

"Now now mein sister, I know dat look!  Vhat are you tinking?" Apple Strudel asked.

"Never you mind, baby brother," the elderly Earth mare spoke in hushed voice as she approached Fluttershy.  "Been a long spell since you've been here last.  I gotcha a fresh apple pie y'all kin take home with ya, free of charge!  Don't ya run off, I'll have Big Mac fetch it fer ya!"

"I tink I know vhat you are up to now.."

"Shush Strudel, take over fer me at the cash collection stand, I gotta go talk with Big Mac!" Granny Smith neighed before galloping off (well, as fast as Granny could gallop) over to the huge red stallion with the horse collar on his neck.

"Big Mac, would ya do yur Granny a favor an' go fetch one of them thar apple pies I got sittin' on the windersill at the house an' bring it over ta Fluttershy, please?" the elderly mare said in a syrupy sweet voice.

Edited by Mojo

Mint Zest was in a tizzy, running from the train station to the farm after he'd messed up. The boss had trusted him with a very important mission: the Avalon needed apples, and Graham had known that the best apples for the job were found in Ponyville. Unfortunately, the mint-green stallion had overslept this morning and missed the first train, and then missed the second train trying to get his ticket switched. 

His reflections over his misfortunes were abruptly interrupted when he saw the line leading to the farm. That was...unusual, the boss didn't mention a line. Mint was disappointed to find there was even a cart parked beside the road. Had he missed the chance to buy the apples he needed..? That was really not good. Ten places in line in front of him. Although one was a griffon, and another a diamond dog. Those weren't exactly known for their apple consumption, and Mint was in a position to know. Oh well, he'd get the apples or go home disappointed, but in either case, waiting behind this diamond dog was the first step. While he wasn't exactly silent, panting like, well, a dog, he was too busy catching his breath to strike up a conversation.

• Like 1

Mac had pretty much just been watchin' proceedin's and minding his own beeswax as best he could - seemed like things were gettin' a little awkward though, with AJ's current customer being the familiar pegasus Fluttershy...and whilst he had dealt with the mare offhoof in some situations, he had probably never really gotten a chance to speak to her much...ah well, sometimes life just dropped apples that way. It seemed as though things were mostly in hoof though, and since Mac had mostly taken care of everything he needed to do for a little while, he was making the most of this little break from action to rest - although, as he would soon find out, sometimes such plans don't last long.

"Big Mac, would ya do yur Granny a favor an' go fetch one of them thar apple pies I got sittin' on the windersill at the house an' bring it over ta Fluttershy, please?" - Granny had made her way over without him even realisin' it. He shrugged inwardly, not really bothered by that fact in the slightest as he then goes on to give a hearty 'Eeeeyup!' to the elderly mare before gettin' up off his hooves to go and locate the tasty treat and bring it back to the mare as asked.

Heck, there really wasn't any logical reason for him NOT to afterall!

Cheerilee gave a flat look at Applebloom, raising one eyebrow disbelievingly.  “Forgot the paperwork, you don’t say… “  Cheerilee was disappointed, the school wasn’t some sort of byzantine bureaucracy, it was a small town school house with only a couple teachers who reported directly to the town council and the mayor.  They didn’t even have a principle, and the council acted as the school board as well, such was life in a town as small as Ponyville.  In short, it meant that she knew exactly how the school paper’s resources were spent, as she was directly responsible for its budget.

Applebloom’s attempted feint involving guessing how many apples in a bushel only served to display she was hiding something about using the school paper.  “Applebloom… All the requests for use of the school paper go to me directly from you students, there is no middle pony , and I can assure you I got no request from you to use the paper’s resources to print flyers for your apple sale, which wouldn’t be approved of anyway as it would be using school resources for a non-school related activity.”

Cheerilee held her forehood to her face and sighed, counting to ten in her mind with a look of disappointment.  She adored Applebloom, she really did, even with all the mischief the little farm filly and her two besties caused, she adored them all.  Usually their hearts were in the right place, and this time is no exception, but it was also patently wrong!  “Applebloom….  What you did is essentially stealing from the school.  The paper you used, the ink, the printer, that all costs money…  That money comes out of the paper’s budget, which in turns comes out of the school’s budget, a budget that has already been set for the year.  That means we have to cut the budget for the paper, or somewhere else, do you understand?”

Cheerilee hated to be stern like this, especially outside of the school house, even more so on a day off, but she had no choice, this was serious.  What was most important though is that little Abby needed to understand why, and also to be given an opportunity to try and set things right as much as she could anyway.  “So Applebloom, what do you think should be done about this?”

• Like 2

"No, no, no, you look fine!" Red Cedar said quickly after Night Glider looked like she was about to have an episode of panicked self-consciousness. That certainly hadn't been the reaction he was expecting, but then, he also had only just met her.

"I mean, you look like you're all right, but you were very quiet there for a moment, I thought you might still have been in pain from the crash," he continued. That Night Glider had then had a brief conversation with a pony she knew certainly seemed to indicate she was all right, but being the kind of pony who mostly kept his four hooves firmly planted on the ground, Red could only imagine the injuries possible if a pegasus should have something go wrong mid-flight.

Red's wide-eyed look of concern gradually softened. "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you like that," he continued apologetically. "My name's Red Cedar, by the way."

• Like 1

25qu5is.jpg

"Ooh!", the colt's ears perked up as he heard three of his favorite words.  These were, 'Ice,Cream and 'Cake'. All rather nice words on their own, but when one pony put them together, it made for a magical treat! And one could not just have an simple iced-creamed cake, they had to be characters! From an cetacean made of fudge to inform the little pony that he had been an 'Whale Of A Kid' this year or an odd looking one that resembled an alien with an ice-cream cone for a nose that would point out that he was 'Out Of This World'. Fast Track turned to ask the mulberry coated mare about her cakes when he noticed that she had already fled the scene. "Zarking Fardwarks!", he grumbled to himself as he turned his attention back to the line ahead of him.

He couldn't help but chuckle as the stallion who stood behind Fire Walker started to turn a slight shade of red. "Ah come on!", he glanced over at Sky Sailing with a snarky grin, "You never kissed a girl before? Really?"

xbzhv8.jpg

The mare took a break from her pony-watching for just a moment. "Don't mind him.", she gave the colt a playful 'boop' on his snout, "He doesn't understand that there's a difference between a kiss from his granny and mum to a kiss from a proper mare."

This did not stand well for the brown pony who muttered under his breath while he rubbed his nose, "Kissed your sister a bunch of times."

Thankfully the mare did not hear this, as DRAMA was unfolding right in front of them! From what the colt could hear, the cute little filly with the oversized bow STOLE resources from her school!  

Consternation! Uproar!

This was probably about as serious of a crime that could happen in Ponyville. Beyond maybe an overdue library book or the unlawful removal of an tag on a mattress! He wanted to see how this ended! Was the filly part of an international gang of supply-stealing thieves? Maybe she was using the bits she gained from her crimes to help smuggle goods from the Badlands! This was a job for Prancy Drew! Or maybe Bat-Mare!

"Hey Fire!", he poked the mare, "Shouldn't you be involved? Considering there's a crime going on before out very muzzles? And you're in the R.E.A?", the colt failed at whispering. "Got to do the habeas corpus? Twenty years dungeon for 'Filly-Villain-eenie' over there? Anything?", he pleaded at the officer who could only shake her head.

"I believe it's more an 'none-oyas business-us?", Fire Walker whispered back, "Just shoosh and let them be. I'm sure they will settle things.."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

((OOC:  Breaking response to Night Glider and and AJ into before and after freak out))

Talking to Night Glider, Fluttershy found herself in an unusual situation:  Comforting another pony that seemed shy and nervous.  It was usually other ponies comforting her!  "Oh, don't worry!  I'm happy to help out a friend!" she told the dark pegasus, putting a hoof on her shoulder.  With a big grin, she added, "Just wait until I introduce you to all of the animals!!

Every nerve in Fluttershy's body was screaming at her to fly away, but at the same time, her intense embarrassment froze her in place.  Her eyes dilated, and she imagined that the eyes of all the creatures in the line were staring at her.  Most customers were arriving, making the feeling worse.  Eventually, the impulse to move would take to the fore, but for now it was a stalemate.

Thankfully, Applejack had some experience dealing with Fluttershy's panic attacks.  The orange mare soothed the flustered pegasus, easing her wings down.  As Applejack explained, Fluttershy's heart began to slow. "I...  I guess that doesn't sound so bad..."  she managed.  This was still uncomfortable, but at least it wouldn't be a kiss kiss.  As she caught her breath, she read the signs closer.  "Um, Applejack?" she asked the farmer.  "I-if I'm getting two bushels, does that mean it has to be two kisses?"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

As Fluttershy drew concern followed by a more understanding tone, Applejack's facial expressions followed Fluttershy's stammering. "No, Sugarcube, just the one. What, you want more than one kiss?" Applejack was doing a balancing act, trying to keep Fluttershy calm while at the same time always attempting to include some kind of light humor to maintain a pleasant atmosphere. She also winked at Fluttershy at this time, not knowing if it would cue Fluttershy to laugh, or confuse her even more.

"How about this, let's just start over, and make it look like you're not scared at all, then everypony can see this exchange be as simple as a river that runs downhill." Applejack gave a warm smile, the same smile she always gave Fluttershy in times of comfort. "I'll start again." Applejack cleared her throat and spoke in a louder voice. "Hi Fluttershy! You wanted two bushels? Let me get them for you. That'll be ten bits please!"

39 Kisses left!

Next up
62. Fluttershy
63. Red Cedar
64. Night Glider

65. Granola Gracie
66. Cheerilee
67. Fast Track
68. Fire Walker
69. Sky Sailing
70. Hawkeye
71. Gideon
72. Honeywing

Inactive:

Kissed
1-10

2. Reno Golucky
3. Lore Weaver
5. Gentle Sol

11-20

12. Lyra Heartstrings
13. Donut "Pony" Joe
20. Thorn

21-30

22. Twilight Shine
23. Opal Shards
24. Bon Bon
26. Princess Luna
27. Guiding Light
28. Mythos Gray
29. Harrington Sleuth
30. Pumpkin Cake

31-40

31. Inkwell
34. Master Mustang
35. Parhelion
36. Prime Meridian
37. Razor
38. Dr. Spin Tale
40. Quiet Harmony

41-50

41. Ice Storm
42. Heart Line
43. Pocket Change
44. Sugar Rush
45. Moonstone II
46. Valen Orange
47. Mojo
50. Zelda

51-60

51. Curiosity Sparks
52. Flash Sentry
53. Gadget
55. Carrot Top
56. Presteza
57. Prince Blueblood
59. Princess Cadance
60. Ruby Pinch

61-70

61. Berry Punch

NG2PNG_zps3cbwdfne.png

Night Glider allowed the words of the stallion and Fluttershy to roll over her like a tidal wave of relief. She almost couldn't decide which one was more comforting. Well, hearing that she was indeed wholly there and not in pieces or missing anything or bleeding was good to hear. Then she felt foalish. Of course she was fine. She felt fine. Ponies weren't always worried about the immediacy of things. She had made an unusually difficult landing on top of another pony. He was just being courteous. And there she was, being a big idiot and taking his words semi-literally. What a foal. Uggh. Okay, at least she was fine. And it was nice to meet a new pony, no matter the circumstances. Well, it mattered in a few so that was a lie, like if he was trying to rob her. Which he wasn't, so it was good.

“Oh, well, that's good to hear. I was worried for a minute. Sometimes when I'm flying I feel like my tail is getting tugged right off of me. Probably just the night currents coming off of super active Spissati under the right conditions...umm...nice to meet you, Red Cedar. I'm Night Glider,” She replied, taking a breath breathe and offering a hoof to shake. It didn't take much longer for Fluttershy to say yes to the idea of Night Glider coming over, which made her ecsctatic. “Oh! Thank you! I'm excited. I can go over later and clear off your clouds as payment. Anything else you need from me as payment?” Night Glider asked, silencing herself as Fluttershy went to talk to her real friend Applejack.

As for Apple Bloom, her goose was figuratively cooked. Why was she all of a sudden so attentive to the Foal Free Press? Back when Apple Bloom and company were running their Gabby Gums articles, Cheerilee hadn't been overseeing anything. You'd think she would have been quick to clamp down on it, especially in the wake of all the trouble it caused. But nope. Apparently after all thaat was done she had decided to follow it much closer. But really, it was just paper. You could always repurpose it. Send the used paper to the Deinkificiation Systemworks as part of Equestria's recycling program to have the paper be reusable. No matter what though, she was in trouble. Maybe not a lot. But some. So how to buy her way out of it? Hmm...she didn't have anything planned for next Wednesday, did she? Well, she was going to go see a projector show, but that could wait.

“Hmm...Ah could go by an' help y'all fix up tha school's playground, on account of it not getti' budget for, ya know, some repairs that need done? Last time Scootaloo went on tha swingset she nearly did fly,” Apple Bloom offered. Who knows, maybe she'd get her cutie mark in basic repair.

TczjcS9.png

Both Granny Smith and Uncle Apple Strudel continued to work, but also kept an eye on Big Mac, wondering how the shy Pegasus mare would react to receiving the pie the big red stallion would deliver to her.

"C'mon Big Mac," the elderly green mare said in hushed tones, "give'r that thar pie!  Maybe she'd give'm a big ol' kiss!"

"Nein, I do not tink so," the bearded older stallion beside her whispered back.  "Both Big Mac und Fluttershy are very shy.  Dis plan of yours to get dem together is doomed from dee start."

"Is that so, baby brother?"  Granny Smith asked.  "I'll betcha an apple pie it'll git'm talkin' ta each other.  Mah apple pie's are downright irresistible!"

"Ja, I vill take dat bet.  Mein apple strudel vould've been a better choice to give as a gift!"

"We ain't got take ta argue, Strudel, gotta git back ta work!" Granny neighed, rushing back to the apple stand to collect bits as her young brother brought forth more bushels of apples as requested.

"Look mein sister, Fluttershy is near dee front of dee line!"

"I kin see that.  Hope Big Mac comes through.  Them two youngin's would make a great pair."