[Canterlot] Nighthoof in the Shining City [Open]

Neoniie

NeonUserBar-1.png

A trip to the capital of Equestria itself, Canterlot. It seemed almost unbelievable for the colt, even though he was currently standing on the Canterlot platform of the Equestrian Railroad. He'd practically had to beg his parents to take him to the famed city, and only after extensive persuasion had they agreed to it. Since his move from Fillydelphia, the earth pony hadn't actually done much large-scale travelling. His family didn't really have the time and excess wealth to allow for travel whenever they wanted, but with his recent increase in effort with his schoolwork, they had decided that a break wouldn't be too much trouble. Neon had been ecstatic and nearly cantered onto the wrong train in his excitement. Luckily his parents had pulled him back before he'd been sent off to Ponyville, but it hadn't deterred his bouncy demeanour in the slightest.

Very cautiously, his parents had cautioned him to be careful and not wander too far off. They had a quick stop to make before settling in at their hotel room for the day. Of course, with neon being as rambunctious as he was, staying put wasn't very likely. Eventually getting antsy enough, the colt scribbled down a note to his parents and taped it to a nearby lamppost. Satisfied that his parents would find it, the colt trotted off through the streets, eager to enjoy the sights of the city. If anypony were to be curious enough to read the note, they would find written, in fairly hasty script:

Mom and Dad,

Don't worry, I've just gone exploring. I'll meet you back at the hotel. If you're wondering, I went this way: --->

From,

Neon

Timid Star sat on a park bench, busy reading a book on magic. The young unicorn colt had been consuming a large quantity of literature as of late in an effort to better himself and discover his talent but to no avail. He turned the page as he heard the sound of galloping hooves and looked up from his book, slightly annoyed. He then saw it was an earth pony colt, exploring the park. He gave a smile and shouted, "Hi there!" in an attempt to get his attention as he got off the bench and put the book away.

(mind if I hop in, haven't used my filly shadow in too long ;) )

Shadow Myth did as she always did around this time of day, napping. She and her falcon Falk lied in a tree not to far away from Timid, while Shadow slept Falk was still wide awake and was perking his head in the direction of Timid when he called to a pony he couldn't recognize, the curious bird flew toward the pony landing behind him on the bench

((OOC: Not at all, Karnaloth. The more the merrier. :)))

NeonUserBar-1.png

It seemed that the more Neon saw of the city, the more excited he became to have arrived. The colt didn't even think it was possible to be more excited than he had been upon first arriving, but obviously he was wrong. "It's just so...huge!" he exclaimed, taking in the brief section of the city he'd seen so far with a quick 360 degree spin. He'd only stopped for a minute to look around and was soon dashing through the streets again. It was surprisingly easier to navigate the streets of Canterlot than those of Manehatten, so he was able to avoid trouble with a well-placed swerve here and there. He wasn't even bothering to pay attention to where he was going at this point, all he wanted to do was go.

Eventually he came across a park, which had just the right wide open spaces that made it perfect for running. He'd never even seen such a huge place to explore, except a few of the farms around the edges of Fillydelphia perhaps. As he galloped along a trail, he heard somepony calling out to him. He quickly slowed and doubled-back, curious as to wh this pony could be. When he'd gotten back to the bench, he saw that it was a golden colt who had apparently jumped down from the bench to say hello. Neon grinned back and answered, "Hi. I'm Neon Stargazer. Who are you?" As he asked, the colt noticed a bird behind the unicorn. "Woah, is that your bird? It's awesome!"

Timid was surprised by the colt who had doubled back at his greeting. Most ponies just gave him a nod, or ignored him out of hand, too busy with their own lives to give him the time of day. He gave a friendly smile before replying, "Pleased to meet you Neon! My name is Timid Star!". Hearing Neon ask him if he had a pet falcon, he replied, "I don't have a pet falcon. I do have a dog though. His name is Boney.". He then asked nervously, "do you want to see something I have that is pretty cool?".

Falk perked his head as Neon confused him for Timid's pet, the snow white falcon wobbled a bit sideways on the bench and flew off to where Shadow was sleeping, still looking down at the two. curious because he wanted to know what Timid was going to show Neon.

NeonUserBar-1.png

Neon nodded, committing the unicorn's name to memory. He was surprised how quickly he'd managed to meet somepony in the huge city. He'd figured with it being such a big place nopony would have the time to pay attention to a visiting colt like himself. Not that he wasn't pleased, he was more excitable than usual and so was extra enthusiastic to have met somepony who was a potential friend.

He was slightly puzzled to hear that he didn't have a falcon but a dog as a pet. It made him wonder what that falcon behind the Canterlot colt was doing. But, he supposed it wasn't really important. After all, the unicorn had something cool to show him. "Something cool? Totally! If it's cool, I'm there," he answered, almost bouncing around Timid Star in anticipation.

(Sorry for the delay)

Timid smiled at Neon's excitement, it seemed like the colt just couldn't wait to see what he had! "Hold on, let me find it....", Timid replied to Neon as he rummaged around in his saddlebag. "Where is it... Oh, there it is!", he exclaimed as he pulled his medallion out and put it around his neck. The medallion was made of pure gold and polished to a mirror-like sheen that gleamed brilliantly in the sun. "My dad found this when he was young and he gave it to me before I left the Gallopacus islands for Canterlot. Whenever I look at it, I can just see my mom and dad smiling back at me, as if they are saying to me, 'You can do it! We believe in you and love you no matter what!'", he explained in an excited voice as he was nearly bouncing with joy at meeting someone new and being able to show his medallion without fearing it being stolen out of his hoof.

Having shown his beautiful medallion, he smiled and asked, "Any place you wanna go? I have plenty of bits and all that studying has me feeling a little hungry. There are plenty of places to go around this park for food, where are you from by the way?".

meanwhile Falk had been nudging Shadow, which eventually woke up ''falk someone had better be in trouble if you wake me up'' shadow looked up only to see Falk full in her face, she backed up, a bit too far and fell out of the tree.

''Falk sometimes I really hate you'' she said getting to her hooves.

NeonUserBar-1.png

Neon's eyes widened at the sight of the medallion. It really was an awesome sight, sunlight glinting off its surface. Evenn with its physical worth, it was probably the emotion value that contributed to its value. The colt wasn't really world-weary enough to appreciate his parents and family as much as he perhaps should have, but he knew that he would miss his parents too and a reminder of them would be a treasure indeed. "Definitely awesome," he comfirmed, all smiles as the unicorn colt replaced it in his saddlebag. Even with the dazzling medallion, the colt was still intrigued by the falcon who had seemingly disappeared. Oh well, he thought, I guess it had something to be doing.

At Timid's questions, he refocused his attention and answered bouncily, "Oh, I'm from Manehatten! Well, Fillydelphia first, but Manehatten now. So, uh, I guess you can pick a place." Then, he heard a crashing sound nearby. Neon, being oddly distractible today, cantered over to see a black-coated pegasus filly straightening up. "Woah, are you alright?" he questioned, having gathered that it was likely she who had made the crashing noise.

• 2 weeks later...

Timid smiled back, he was happy that Neon thought his medallion was cool. He put the medallion back into his saddlebag and closed it tight. He nodded and smiled as Neon told him where he was from and where he currently resided before replying, "That's cool! I've never been to Manehatten! What's it like there?". He was excited to hear what it was like to live in one of the busiest cities in Equestria. Timid then put a hoof to his chin as he thought of a place to go to have a meal until a crash broke his concentration.

Jumping at the noise, Timid looked around and discovered the source of the noise. It was a black Pegasus filly, and Neon had left him in his thoughts to strike up a conversation and ask if she was alright. Timid trotted over to help and also asked, "Neon and I were just about to go and get something to eat, would you like to join us? My name is Timid Star by the way.". He was smiling and offered a hoof to the filly.

Shadow Myth shook her head ''uhh yeah yeah, I.. I think I'm alright'' she rubbed her hoof on her head gaving Falk an angry glare ''stupid bird'' she then noticed another pony offering her a hoof and invitation to come along, wondering why they'd just ask along a random pony she decided to take them up on their offer as she took the the offered hoof and let timid help her up ''thanks, and I'd love to'' she then came to a terrifying conclusion for herself, she was standing on actual soil, unable to keep her calm she exclaimed and flew up a bit, before coming back down to float near the two ''sorry um.. I saw um.. something scary. But I think its gone now!'' she tried to lower suspicion, but failed rather hard at it, in an attempt to change the subject she eyed Neon ''hmm I've never seen any pony like you here before, and I hang around a lot so, I must've seen you..