Summer of Pony ~ Session IV [S1E09-10]

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which joke was the easiest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings
  2. 2. Which joke was the hardest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings

Fbt0S.png

Summer of Pony '12 ~ Session IV ~

Introduction/Schedule

Previous Sessions:

I, II, III

Bridal Gossip, Swarm of the Century

Welcome online friends I adore!

Welcome, welcome to session four!

These episodes feature fauna and flora.

And in both, an appearance is made by Zecora.

This session game will provide you with options

Or relax and discuss parasprite adoptions.

But first:

Special thanks go out to those of you who participated in our RP event including:

Solaria, Conor Colton, SilverMint (in haiku form!) and Davroth.

Furthermore:

Last week we had lots of really awesome madlibs. I'm going to showcase some of the best lines from that...right now!

SilverThorn -

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in cotton balls for the next 954 years.

Fluttershy: ¡AYE DIOS MIO!

Twilight Sparkle: All right, everypony, I need you to brush puppies sparingly. We've got a bright egg ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than a day.

Rainbow Dash: Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our candies.

Flutterspanish strikes me as hilarious! Well done! Also puppy brushing!

GingerMint-

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in lakes for the next one billion, six hundred thousand and twenty four years.

That's a looong time, Gingin!

DiegoHavoc-

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in legs for the next seven years.

Twilight Sparkle: All right, everypony, I need you to shoot rocks gracefully. We've got a freaky steak ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than a year. Rainbow Dash: Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our cakes.

I got a lot of laughs from this one. Way to go, Diego!

Sunwind-

Twilight Sparkle: Princess Celestia has given us this mission, and we must not fail. If we do, Equestria will be covered in Admirers for the next Twenty-five years.

Fluttershy: Uh-Oh!

Rarity: [humph] Talk about getting your beauty sleep.

Twilight Sparkle: All right, everypony, I need you to Watch Ponyvillians Certainly. We've got a Spectacular Hayseed ahead of us. Let's meet back here in less than a Jiffy.

Rainbow Dash: Okay, girls, you heard her. The fate of Equestria is in our Neigh-sayers.

My BBBFF challenged himself to only use words that Trixie used in the episode. Well done!

And now, on to this week's episodes:

"Bridle Gossip" Original airdate: December 10, 2010

Twilight Sparkle and her friends are afflicted with a series of bizarre symptoms after learning of the mysterious zebra Zecora, who is rumored by residents to be a witch, leading them to believe that they were cursed.

"Swarm of the Century" Original airdate: December 17, 2010

On the day Princess Celestia is scheduled to make a royal visit to Ponyville, the town is ravaged by a swarm of parasprites. While Pinkie Pie claims to have a solution to the invasion, no one is sure what it is, since she is being seen collecting musical instruments.

Bridle Gossip is the episode that made me a Rainbow Dash fan. Why didn't she just walk?! She loves flying so much, that she continued to try even when doing so was painful.

When I was originally watching FiM for the first time, I skipped Bridal Gossip on accident, and came back to watch it 10 episodes later! It was probably one of my favorites from S1. We also got to see Zecora for the first time -- she's definitely an interesting character! Also Parasprites and Polka Pinkie. We got to see Pinkie in rare form -- everypony dismisses her, but she's the only one making any sense!

Before we close out this post, I have a warning:

Don't open the spoiler below or there will be Jumanji-est consequences.

Stay away.

I mean it.

The package contains a poison joke flower!

iLjem.png

Here is how this session's game works:

1) Pick a rule (ailment) to be caused by the plant that affects how you post. This could be the inability to type certain letters or a unique formatting. It could require you to type each post in a certain form of poetry. Feel free to be obvious or subtle. Be creative, and come up with your own affliction!

2) Each post in this thread must follow the rule you set for yourself.

3) Post the rules other people are using when you figure them out.

4) When someone calls out your rule, you are healed and can go back to normal.

[Edit: I just HAD to ignore the warning, didn't I? --Dessa]

brJoP.gif

Conor μιλά με ολόκληρες φράσεις του προς τα πίσω.

Επίσης, είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι Weesh! Είμαι πάντα ευτυχής να έρθει με την ενίσχυση ενός από τους καλύτερους φίλους μου πόνυ και μια ιδιότροπη-επιθυμούν τη χορήγηση εξαρτημένος γλυκόριζα. Πώς θα μπορούσα να αντισταθώ;

Aw, but speaking in Greek was fun even though I can't come up with a way to ponify it. Next time I guess I'll try to channel the poison into Franch.

Conor μιλά με ολόκληρες φράσεις του προς τα πίσω.

Επίσης, είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι Weesh! Είμαι πάντα ευτυχής να έρθει με την ενίσχυση ενός από τους καλύτερους φίλους μου πόνυ και μια ιδιότροπη-επιθυμούν τη χορήγηση εξαρτημένος γλυκόριζα. Πώς θα μπορούσα να αντισταθώ;

Yeah, my memory of the Greek letters is way too far out of date to translate that. I can't even tell if you are posting Greek letters in English or Greek.

Yeah, my memory of the Greek letters is way too far out of date to translate that. I can't even tell if you are posting Greek letters in English or Greek.

Your text isn't green anymore Weesh. Are you ripening? ;-)

Only red licorice is useless. Black licorice is Weesh-approved disgusting [Edit by Dessa], so it would be worthwhile to eat a ripe Weesh.

I would have said rainbow of text...shows what I know :roll:

"Rainbow" was the key word, and I only got two colors in...

Weeshy should not be eaten. He's empty calories!

I hope that isn't the only reason...

Them were two great episodes hammer and tack to back. I right liked the characterizin on Applebloom.

Zecora is great, right, two. I luv 'ow she is presented 'ere. And o'course the chuffin' poison joke, that gave rise ter a bit of fun ideas. ^^

This sort of marks the first time I can remember whin they obviously broke the fourff wall, wiv Spike tryin' ter come up wiv a mock name for Twilight Sparkle.

Weesh: Rainbow Dash mane colour alternating text! :D You were going to go cream-ish colour, then green, then blue, then purple :)

I was going to go Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-Indigo-Violet, but the orange was really light so I went with dark orange. The idea started to click for me, and THEN i realized it was also show appropriate and that sealed the deal.

It really is amazing how well all six jokes in the show went over. All of them were very well matched. In trying to figure out which pony got off the easiest, I came up blank. Hmmm, maybe that should be a poll on this thread...