Summer of Pony ~ Session IV [S1E09-10]

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which joke was the easiest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings
  2. 2. Which joke was the hardest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings

Them Mr Saturns are weird. They invite yer ter tea and make yer recount evryfink that 'appened up ter that point.

Also, right, they are deaffly afraid of blokes tellin' scary stories.

I MicroChip 'ereby declare tha' Davrof be speakin' wif a cockney accent, dere. It'd be when ya shaid evryfink dat told me, it did. Afa' 'avin' to do it profession loik for a yea, yad fink I'da seen it soona.

I MicroChip 'ereby declare tha' Davrof be speakin' wif a cockney accent, dere. It'd be when ya shaid evryfink dat told me, it did. Afa' 'avin' to do it profession loik for a yea, yad fink I'da seen it soona.

I'm cured!! It's a miracle. : D

I just googled the four words he kept adding to the end. Even then, it took some searching to separate the imitators from the source.

Also, I wasn't using the word am and speaking in fragments

Wiat, Drvotah is ceurd, but not me? Tihs mkeas me upahnpy.

I dn'ot see why y'uroe spursierd at the hsderat for its vctiim poll, weseh. Evrey pnoy cluod hvae eilasy sppteed on her, and it wulod tkee a lnog time for her to get shwmeeore.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this thread ._.

I'm behind and haven't been rewatching the episodes, but I think I've seen Bridal Gossip enough times to chat about it (it's one of my favs)

Voted Twilight's horn for easiest joke, since despite looking silly, it didn't really impede her in any way. Was going to vote Fluttershy, but then I realised that with her crippling shyness, that voice would probably make her want to lock herself away and never speak again.

For hardest joke, Applejack. Not as funny as the others, but potentially more dangerous. She could was nearly swallowed by Dash for Celestia's sake!

Random discussion: Spike got a lot of laughs from the mane 6 getting joked. But if he had been with them in Everfree, what kind of joke do you think the plant would have played on him? How would it attack his pride?

I think Spike prides himself on being a good assistant, so probably the plant would affect his hands in some way. Maybe making them super long and gangly or turning them into hooves.

I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this thread ._.

The explanation is in the spoiler tags in the first post.

I dn'ot see why y'uroe spursierd at the hsderat for its vctiim poll, weseh. Evrey pnoy cluod hvae eilasy sppteed on her, and it wulod tkee a lnog time for her to get shwmeeore.

Oh, no doubt, it is a terrible affliction for someone who loves working on a farm and being an athlete...but all six conditions were awful. I think at least three ponies had it worse. However, there have only been 14 votes and 9 people selected her for one or the other, split almost right down the middle. I can see the other side, and I find the dichotomy of views amusing.

Also, the letters between the first and last letter are mixed up in some words. This has no effect on words of less than four letters. Should "time" have been "tmie"?

hi hi

Aha! I was right. Whatever was in those spoiler tags was the cause of your blight. :D Don't give me that look, I took the warning to heart so I'm off the hook.

I don't think Applejack had it bad, even with her small size, she was still quite rad. Even though her authority was at a loss, she managed to show Rainbow Dash who's boss. Also, Applebloom in spite of her small size was the bigger pony and managed to feed everyone else humble pies.

Outside of the mane six, Zecora is the character at the top of my picks. She's wise and she's smart, but of her traits those are only the start. She's mysterious, its true, and I have a feeling that her story isn't even close to through. Where did she come from, why did she leave, why does she live alone even after -in Ponyville- she's welcome? A compelling character, she's a celebration of cultural diversity, rather than a satire or parody. If I had more time in my day, I might have applied for her to roleplay.

Bridle Gossip is one of my favorite episodes, maybe number three or four, it was after I watched it that I knew I had to watch more. I found myself humming evil enchantress on my way home from work, it was then I knew I was hooked, but it instead of a curse it was a perk. When I heard Flutterguy singing that song, I knew I was watching a moment in history that would never again come along.

Pinkie Pie's suspicion here, is foreshadowing I think, for Party of One when she suspects her friends most dear.

P.S.

one of my favorite Evil Enchantress remixes. :)

The explanation is in the spoiler tags in the first post.

Aha! I was right. Whatever was in those spoiler tags was the cause of your blight. :D Don't give me that look, I took the warning to heart so I'm off the hook.

Oh, yeah! I'd skipped over it, since I'm naturally immune to Schmuck Bait, and then forgot about it. DERP.

Ginger, are you rhyming due to poison joke influence, or is that just for fun?

I opened the spoiler. I'm naturally immune to poison joke (impromptu roleplaying result; long story) but I think I can deliberately fail a fort save for the purposes of fun.

Luckily for me, the effects of poison joke don't kick in until after one has slept (Everyone forgets that fact), so I've got time to figure out my posting ailment. :smug:

using System;

using Netica.PONIFIED;

using System.Pony;

using Pony.Pony;

using Summer.Pony;

using Poison.Joke;

namespace Summer_Of_Pony_Session_IV

{

Class PonyChat : CanterlotForum

{

Static Void Main(string[] args)

{

Console.Writeline("Both episodes were quite good in my opinion.");

App.Visible = true;

String net_file_name = PonyDomain.CurrentDomain.Directory + "\\...\\...\\...\\Friendship\\Magic\\Harmony\\Ponies\\Episode.dne";

Streamer file = app.NewStream(net_file_name, null);

BNet net = app.ReadBNet(Pony, "");

Net.Compile();

BNode TB = net.Nodes.get_item("Friendship");

Double bel = TB.GetPony("Magic");

Console.Writeline(The probability of friendship is " + bel.ToString(Percentage));

net.Delete();

if (!app.PonyControl) app.Quit();

Console.Writeline("Both episodes displayed important aspects of Season 1");

Console.Writeline("Please Cure Me. :( );

Console.Readline();

}

}

}

• Like 1

hi hi

I admit that I am just rhyming for fun, nobody told me to, but I knew it had to be done. I <3 Zecora and I want everyone to know, it is a small price to pay if this makes my typing slow.

On another random tangent, the part where Applebloom sneaks after Zecora is quite excellent. At the time, I didn't know she would be a cutie mark crusader, but I wonder if her special talent will turn out to be a super spy sometime later. Perhaps she could take the bow out of her hair and tie it around her head for a little extra flair?

[Edit: I've figured out your pattern! You prefix every post with hi hi. Amirite? --Dessa]

Finally! Some pony time!

Bridle Gossip: Nearly everything in this episode is quotable. There's just too much awesome that came out of it. Everything is sort of a pun or a joke, keeping well with the theme. Also Zecora! And Pinchy's origins!

Swarm of the Century: You've got a problem alright, and a banjo is the only answer! This episode was very important because we learned several neat things about Pinkie: 1. She can play a dozen instruments at once. 2. She's got a reeeeeally long tongue!

wo3V6.png

Ah, welcome back to SilverMint's Haiku Reviews!

Bridle Gossip!

Can anypony

Deal with Zecora's mighty

Equine sorcery?

Far from being my favorite episode, "Bridle Gossip" ranks pretty low on my "favorite episodes" list. God forbid that anypony think that this is because I don't like Zecora, because it's simply not true. Her character is a fantastic addition to the series, giving Equestria a grander scope than being simply "a world of ponies." I think that this episode doesn't rate high on my scale because the story is overly done and predictable in the sense that almost every children's series has a character who is feared at first, be it a scary old man or the like, and is found to be loveable at the end. Just saying... Kid's shows have done this before. Love it, though.

My favorite of the two: Swarm of the Century

New critters in town?

Multiply themselves anew;

Overwhelm the town.

Parasprites are my favorite original critters that MLP has come up with. Quite the little rascals, they seem innocent enough, until they attack the town by consuming everything in their path. Really, though, don't they remind anyone of something from a famous science-fiction show? Star-Trek, maybe? Tribbles, the little furry creatures that multiply and overwhelm the crew of the Enterprise, are what the parasprites are based on.

Unsurprisingly, this isn't one of my best reviews.

Tribbles, the little furry creatures that multiply and overwhelm the crew of the Enterprise, are what the parasprites are based on.

That, SilverMint, was exactly all I could think when I first watched the episode.

And Rosewind, That Dash face will give me nightmares tonight.