Summer of Pony ~ Session IV [S1E09-10]

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which joke was the easiest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings
  2. 2. Which joke was the hardest on its victim?

• Twilight's Horn
    • Rarity's Hair
    • Applejack's Size
    • Pinkie's Tongue
    • Fluttershy's Voice
    • Rainbow's Wings

And Rosewind, That Dash face will give me nightmares tonight.

Very true for me, as well. Why would ANYONE post something that horrifying? Xerox copies of this will plaster my nightmares for weeks. Youthful joy will be replaced by full, underlying horror for years on end...

Zecora, I need you to end this curse that's been placed on me.

• Like 1

Applejack has been cursed to G1 proportions and attitude! Beings such as that shouldn't be allowed to exist! Can we truly call ourselves loyal fans if we allow such abominations to exist? Don't be led astray by our mantra to love and tolerate all things when such items clearly have such malicious intent. Evils such as these can not, and must not, be allowed.

For heaven's sake, why isn't anyone trying to free me from this horrible joke-flower curse???

Well, I woke up this morning with no Fatigued status, my AC and Saves are fine, and Detect Magic turns up nothing. Unless my Spot Checks deceive me, I'm in the clear!

2. She's got a reeeeeally long tongue!

And now I must link to Royal Tongue Pinkie Pie. Take 1d4 WIS damage:

tumblr_lyizc4AtN11r1jgw0o1_500.png

For heaven's sake, why isn't anyone trying to free me from this horrible joke-flower curse???

._. Curse?

._. Curse?

Goodness, yes! Haven't you heard that some of us have been harassed by the horrible work of joke-flower exposure? I haven't been able to behave normally or give a well-written review ever since this topic has started because of it. Joke-flowers are no laughing matter, when all is said and done.

Know what you can do to help? Let's figure out what's wrong with me so I can be free of this nonsense! My hair hurts, my teeth itch, and that's not even the worst of it! No one seems to know what kind of curse has been put on me! Of course, if someone were to figure out what the issue is, I'll be free of the curse. Problem is, I can't tell anyone what it is.

Question away, and let's see if anyone can solve this doozy.

(Have fun with this one fillies and gentlecolts.)

Xfmm, uijt tffnt gvo! Njof jt fbtz. Mfu't tff ipx mpoh ju ublft tpnfqpoz up hvftt.

Ah, a cipher. Each letter is replacing the one before it in the alphabet. In this case, your message was...

Well, this seems fun! Mine is easy. Let's see how long it takes somepony to guess.

Question away, and let's see if anyone can solve this doozy.

Hmm, uh, okay. Retype the following sentence so that we can see what's being changed in your text:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

the-quick-brown-fox-jumps-over-the-lazy-dog.gif?w=720

[Edit: ^^^ LOL --Dessa]

Nightmares. Every. Single. Night.

D'aww,. I think she's kind of cute. What's that about my soul? No,. I do use it. I just... OH SWEET AMBER APPLES!

Xactly! You guessed it correctly! Zip-a-dee-doo-dah!

Aw, I could just give you a big hug in thanks! But no time for that now. 'Cuz I have to go and watch the next few episodes and prepare the next segment of "Haiku Reviews!" Double-feature pony-thon is on the list and ready to go. Episodes eleven and twelve are on my list to be watched. Fun times ahead for all! Go ahead and laugh, but I'm going to enjoy this. Have fun figuring out the rest of the curses! I'm going to enjoy my freedom of wordplay and get back to writing like a normal some pony. Just to make things interesting, though, I may have to write the reviews in something other in haiku... Kidding! Let's just pretend this never happened and go back to the way things were. My mind will never be the same after such a harrowing experience though. Never mind that I was subject to horrifying compulsion to write the way I was, my reviews were negatively affected! Oh well, that's just one bad review, and we have more than a few weeks left to compensate for it. Promise me you'll all stick with me, and I'll promise to continue on my journey. Questing to bring you all not just information, but entertainment. Rarely have the two been able to live side-by-side for long, but that's my cause. Similarly, you don't see peanut butter and bananas side-by-side that often except in sandwiches... Too bad. Vocational work aside, though, I have to give my thanks to you, Rosewind. You saved me from a terrible, terrible fate.

I think Dessa tries to communicate with us. BY EDITING OTHER PONY'S POST!!

Whaaaaaa?

mlfw4925-tumblr_lx5375Vle11r3k1m8o1_500.gif

Davroth, I think you're onto something amazing.

Dessa has left me scared for my safety. Not one of us is safe... [Edit: DESSA IS WATCHING YOU --Dessa ]

hi hi

I wonder if there's someone who's trying to communicate with us using mind powers? If so, you can stop now cause I called it... I think. Is that how the rules go?

Applejack's song and Royal Tongue Pinkie Pie... H.P. Lovecraft may not have made them, but I think I did take a little bit of SAN damage.

Beginning all of my posts with "hi hi" was something I started several ages ago, in the time of wonders. The origins of which are actually kind of embarrassing now, but I figured it was a simple way to be friendly, even when topics get a little bit heated. (Though there are some serious occasions where I'll go without.)

Oh, and before I get started with my little overview of Swarm of the Century, I'd like to point out that when I need a silly reaction face, I often check out my little face when dot com. Its a pretty good way of quickly searching. (but be warned that some of them have foul language, as this is the internet we're dealing with here.)

Now, back to the show.

mlfw379_130561687418.gif

First thing I noticed, which is probably not too surprising since Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy have the same voice actor, is that the little tune Fluttershy sings at the very beginning is the same tune that Pinkie Pie sings in Feeling Pinkie Keen. (La la la, la la la.)

I had something like a conversation with Dessa the other day that made me wonder about Twilight Sparkle's role as a leader of the group. I think perhaps the scene where Twilight is trying to get things cleaned up and dumps the majority of the work on Spike is maybe a bit of foreshadowing for Winter Wrap Up. As a pony in charge, Twilight seems to work best as a delegator, assigning the right task to the right person and then stepping out of the way. When she tries doing things herself, she's certainly capable, but she tends to get tunnel vision as it were and loses track of the big picture. Still, even if it does play to her strengths, I do feel a little bit sorry for Spike having to clean up her mess. At least later on in the series we get to see more of the reasons why he hangs around. :)

Welcome Princess Celest! One of the iconic scenes from this episode to be sure. :) (and now for a little bit of controversy) I wonder if anyone else noticed that Carrot Top's voice is almost exactly the same as Derpy's original voice from The Last Roundup? *shrugs* I'm not sure if I'm trying to make a point or not, but I couldn't help but notice it. (I went and played them side by side just to be sure though)

Going back to Royal Tongue Pinkie, if I'm not mistaken, there are a number of times that she uses her super long tongue powers to wipe her face clean, like when she gets splattered with razzleberry pie in Baby Cakes.

Also: Why is there not more fan art of ponies yawning? Its waaaay cute. :) "What's there to worry about?" Why do you keep doing that Twilight?

I'd just like to point out... again... that I love the background music that goes into this show. The parasprite theme and later the parasprite polka, have such a distinct character to them, I think even 40 years from now if someone played those old tunes, I'd still recognize where they came from. (Speaking of which, here's a link to an under appreciated re-score of the

. In my opinion anyway.)

Rainbow Dash has a really awesome home, and in that scene perhaps we get to see a little bit of Rainbow "I don't like anyone touching my hooves," Dash that we see more of later in the series? Anyway, watching the different pony's reactions to the parasprites made me chuckle. I found it interesting how Rarity actually managed to tame them and get them to do useful things for her rather than making a mess, but absolutely couldn't stand their gross method of multiplying, going from thrilled to angry in a split second. :P

Tabitha definitely makes the best voices. Speaking of which I really want to know how they got the sound effects for the Parasprites. When I try to imagine the voice actors all standing around going "om nom nom" into a microphone, it positively gives me a case of the giggles.

I didn't notice until just this viewing the little part where Applejack tries to catch a couple parasprites with her hat and they start dragging her along. Little bits in the background like this are awesome, even if I don't always see them.

Eating the words... those monsters! I'm just glad that Twilight's library doesn't seem to be home to any rare, irreplaceable tomes of forgotten knowledge. That would be the worst. It makes me shiver to think of somepony's life's work, having been preserved for generations, getting eaten for lunch.

Also: Zecora speaks without rhyming (so I'm taking a break too.) "Have you gone mad?!" Doesn't seem like a rhyme to me. :)

Oh Twilight Sparkle... She imagine's Princess Celestia getting carried off by a ravenous swarm of Parasprites, then later tells Pinkie Pie she's sure the Princess can handle it. :lol:

hi hi

Beginning all of my posts with "hi hi" was something I started several ages ago, in the time of wonders. The origins of which are actually kind of embarrassing now, but I figured it was a simple way to be friendly, even when topics get a little bit heated. (Though there are some serious occasions where I'll go without.)

Whenever I quote people, I chop out the stuff that I am not responding to...

Therefore, I have removed "hi hi" from a TON of posts. It starts to feel awkward when it is the ONLY thing that I am removing. It is with no small amount of relief that I get to quote your post and leave it in for once.

Also: Why is there not more fan art of ponies yawning? Its waaaay cute.

1) when in the episode?

2) lead the charge!