[Earth Pony] Disco Light [Final]

Windwright

Roleplay Type: Mane

Name: Disco Light

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Purple

Coat Color: Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Frizzy, nappy, and lime green. The original color is something closer to a pastel green, but he dyes it. He also dyes extra stars into the pelt around his flank. There's also a pastel pink star on his forehead, when his hair isn't covering it, which is never.

Physique: Slim

Cutie Mark: Five pointed star in white

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Canterlot, baby.

Occupation: Musician, DJ, Clerk at his parents' old record store.

Motivation: Dance all night, and play all day

Dislikes: Squaresville parties with no dancing, music, or fun.

Character Summary:

Some ponies say disco is dead, but Disco disagrees. His special talent is in the awesome Grooove thing and getting ponies into the swing of things. Rain or shine, day or night, there is no bad time to get your hooves a-movin' and your soul a-groovin'! He is a fair sight to see on the dance floor, but his real skills are on the discs, making sure the tracks all find just the right place to keep the party going and get the rhythm flowing.

He always liked music, since his parents raised him in an old vinyl store on Trotmaninoff, Beethooven, Tchaiclopski, and Coltzart. Even at that early age, though, he preferred the swing albums to the classical. His parents didn't exactly approve, but felt it harmless enough, even when he started taking to his namesake, disco.

And take to it he did, with a passion and a flare to make the world take notice and get funky fresh! Since the day he got his cutie mark, a fab little five pointed star he likes to say bounced off a disco ball and stuck to his pelt while he was cutting a mean rug on a discotheque dance floor, he's aspired to rekindle the fires of disco fever in Equestria in between his bouts of chronic Mojo outbreaks. Seriously it should be a crime to be this fly.

post-59-0-94200600-1337411570_thumb.png

It was a scene right outta the golden days, the night Disco Light found himself attending his very first disco-themed party. The lights were dimmed, but the room was bright with spotlights, stage lights, and even floor lights in every shade of neon fabulosity the young foal had ever seen, and a few he was only seeing for the first time now. His pops smiled down at the wide eyed grin playing across his muzzle and slipped the first present of the night onto the green colt's nose, a pair of tinted shades from his own heyday.

"Well, son this is your time to shine, get out there and wow them!" said the older stallion with a gentle nudge to the dance floor.

But Disco held back, staying on the edge of the stage and out from under the hooves of the older ponies there. The scene was fly, but somethin' felt wrong about it still. Something missing. And he was still little, might get hurt out there. He skirted around the dance floor, bouncing to the beat, sure, but not actually dancing yet. Felt wrong to.

After ten minutes of nothing but watching his mom and pop dance in the crowd, Disco noticed the floor start to clear around somepony. Somepony FRESH! She was grooving and moving something fierce, and everypony else was giving her space to do it. Even though she was littler than he was, even Disco found himself backing up from he-OOF!

Disco managed to trip over a stage light, and stumble into the control booth and onto a lever. There was a brief mechanical whirr, then a ball of mirrors decended from the cieling directly over the filly. A flash of light caught Disco in the eye, dazing him. When he recovered, the ball was spinning, and the DJ was ushering him out of the booth with one hoof and moving the rest of the lights into place with the other. And then the tune switched and Disco found himself out on the floor with the filly.

Everypony was staring at him, and his cheeks were burning, but apparently she thought faster on her hooves than he did, "Hey! Don't just stand there, foal, dance!" she...teased..? ...invited..? Disco couldn't tell, but his body reacted all the same, bouncing and grooving before he could think not to.

"Call that dancing? Looks more like you got a bug in your pelt." She interrupted his poor defenseless train of thought, bumping him with her flank. Hey, she had a cutie mark! But she couldn't be much older than he was, and he didn't have his yet. And a disco ball too, he was so jealous. Wait, she was teasing him! Fine, she wanted dancing? Forget those other foals watching, he'd SHOW her dancing!

And he cut loose with a series of quick shuffles that carried him backward around her. "Oh, it's on, baby!" He said with a grin.

"Is it? Looks off to me. Get those hooves up and poppin'."

Fine. Up and poppin' it was. Soon enough, she was calling the shots again, she was good at it, but in the end he proved himself more than up to keeping up with her. The adults were all cheering and stomping their hooves on the sideline while the two of them went round and round with banter and hoofwork, barely noticing when the song changed again and again.

By the end of the night, Disco didn't know her name, or why she'd been there, since she left an hour before he stopped dancing to go watch the DJ, but it didn't matter. What he did know, down in his beating heart and groovin' soul, was that THIS was the life for him. THIS was living, and the stars bouncing off the disco ball? Those were the best thing he'd ever seen!

It wasn't until he got home loaded down with swag from the party that his mom pointed out that he had a star on his flank now, one she'd assumed was confetti, but was as indelible as any cutie mark ought to be.

• Like 2

LOL.. He is so Seventies tacky; that's awesome! My one outstanding question is about his cutie mark, how did he receive the visual representation of his special talent, and what does it mean, and mean to him? Also beyond partying and promoting the "virtues of disco", does he have an other ambitions?

The only other part that worries me a little is his name. You probably have it as a tribute to Lady Gaga, but it is also slang for penis, and I wonder if another similar name would be better.

Changed his name to Disco Light, per a suggestion from Dubstep (makes his stage/nickname 'D-Light') I was thinking that the star was just something fairly chintzy, and the array of them was supposed to be like lights off a disco ball, sorta. I can redo that bit, though.

Changed his name to Disco Light, per a suggestion from Dubstep (makes his stage/nickname 'D-Light') I was thinking that the star was just something fairly chintzy, and the array of them was supposed to be like lights off a disco ball, sorta. I can redo that bit, though.

That reason for his cutie mark is fine, it just should be stated in the application as right now there is no description to its meaning.

Greetings!

Well I like the character, that is for sure, and I feel you have the basics all covered for this application. I just feel we need a little more information about him, as he has such great potential (especially fi you have a good knowledge of disco). I guess my main question to you is how he got that cutie mark that made him realize that this form of music was both his talent and his destiny? I feel such a story has a lot of potential and could give more depth to him. Also what does he do for a living? Is his job directly related to his special talent or outside of it, (the latter is like like Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever, who spent times at the discothèque to escape his mundane job and life).

I guess my main question to you is how he got that cutie mark that made him realize that this form of music was both his talent and his destiny? I feel such a story has a lot of potential and could give more depth to him.

Is it alright if I post a short story in spoiler tags or in the story section with a link here to answer that? I think there's enough there to warrant one, I just don't want to clutter the application down too much.

(I'll edit the other details into the application itself around the same time. He actually does work as a DJ, but most of his income is from his parents' record store.)

Is it alright if I post a short story in spoiler tags or in the story section with a link here to answer that? I think there's enough there to warrant one, I just don't want to clutter the application down too much.

(I'll edit the other details into the application itself around the same time. He actually does work as a DJ, but most of his income is from his parents' record store.)

Sure if you like.