True dat. I love the friends I've chosen sometimes. Also, I love the new Quick Fix. It's... cool now. I'm suddenly following the Scouts and getting to the fight a LOT faster, naturally.

Heathen, only using the Quick Fix now. I've been using it this entire time, suffering the humiliation of foolish heavies begging me to pocket them then dying when they realize that my ubers don't make them invincible. If I refuse to pocket them, they complain. If I pocket them and uber them, they complain. How do you not notice you aren't overhealed?

I love the new update, but as a pyro main it's been a mixed blessing. I love my new S Rainblower (I gotta spare in case someone wants to trade) and the damage boost is sweet, but there are so many unskilled pyros now it's made the class kinda worthless. I'm hoping they'll all go back to... whatever they were after a while so I can deal afterburn damage again.

On a side note, new pistol is shweet.

Oh, Quick-Fix got changed? Good. :u.

Coming from a person who mains medic, the way you play a Quick-Fix is; heal a scout up to the front lines and then keep everyone's health up. You shouldn't be healing someone for more than 5 seconds, more if they're under fire. Sure, you can't rush an engie nest, but if you keep your Heavies and Demos topped up, you can tear away at it. A slower, stronger approach as opposed to the usual "POCKET HOOVIE, RUSH POINT".

I play Kritz, myself. It's a nice middle man if you hate pocketing but need to quickly tear through a group.

• Like 1

Heathen, only using the Quick Fix now. I've been using it this entire time, suffering the humiliation of foolish heavies begging me to pocket them then dying when they realize that my ubers don't make them invincible. If I refuse to pocket them, they complain. If I pocket them and uber them, they complain. How do you not notice you aren't overhealed?

I love the new update, but as a pyro main it's been a mixed blessing. I love my new S Rainblower (I gotta spare in case someone wants to trade) and the damage boost is sweet, but there are so many unskilled pyros now it's made the class kinda worthless. I'm hoping they'll all go back to... whatever they were after a while so I can deal afterburn damage again.

On a side note, new pistol is shweet.

Give it time. It happens every update. Sooner or later, people will switch back to their comfortable classes. Also, I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the Quick Fix, but the uber-regen it provides... only gets us out of tight spots that aren't Sentry-related. Or I'm paired with a Soldier.

Oh! One more thing! If I had to pick a Medigun, I would prefer the Kritzkrieg. It's completely anti-personnel and I love it.

Oh, Quick-Fix got changed? Good. :u.

Coming from a person who mains medic, the way you play a Quick-Fix is; heal a scout up to the front lines and then keep everyone's health up. You shouldn't be healing someone for more than 5 seconds, more if they're under fire. Sure, you can't rush an engie nest, but if you keep your Heavies and Demos topped up, you can tear away at it. A slower, stronger approach as opposed to the usual "POCKET HOOVIE, RUSH POINT".

I play Kritz, myself. It's a nice middle man if you hate pocketing but need to quickly tear through a group.

Word.

Would you gents and ladies say that the Quick Fix medic belongs on the front lines giving spot-heals to companions while a second Medic is building a standard Uber with his Heavy? That's what I imagine.

My backpack is slowly dwindling down these days. It's not as valuable as a was a week ago. Seems like to rapidly changes every week. :-(

I hoard. You need anything?

Oh oh oh! One more thing!

I just saw a video of the Quick Fix! With its uber, it out heals the damage output of a Phlogistonator's critical damage. Damn.

Here's how I use quickfix:

First, I hitch a ride with a scout into battle. If there isn't a big fight going on somewhere, I'll just cruise along with the scout, kicking butt and building uber. When we come to a fight, I'll break off and start healing everyone who's wounded. I build uber really fast doing this and can ofter get 2 ubers out in one battle. I also like pocketing the intel carrier and getting them back home safely, since it's a good way to build uber and it's a good precaution.

Also, am I the only person who uses the Clincal Trial item set? I don't see it that often online and it's pretty good.

Here's how I use quickfix:

First, I hitch a ride with a scout into battle. If there isn't a big fight going on somewhere, I'll just cruise along with the scout, kicking butt and building uber. When we come to a fight, I'll break off and start healing everyone who's wounded. I build uber really fast doing this and can ofter get 2 ubers out in one battle. I also like pocketing the intel carrier and getting them back home safely, since it's a good way to build uber and it's a good precaution.

Also, am I the only person who uses the Clincal Trial item set? I don't see it that often online and it's pretty good.

Eh. The Solemn Vow is junk. The idea is good thematically, and I can see it working much better with the improved Crusader's Crossbow but... bleh. Seeing enemy health, mechanically, is best on Spy. Though, Solemn Vow + CC.... hmmmm...

Edit: I have a nametag lying around waiting for a Strange to name. It found my Rainblower. While I could have made a pony reference, I decided instead "Merry-go-Round Meltdown". I'm happy.

Eh. The Solemn Vow is junk. The idea is good thematically, and I can see it working much better with the improved Crusader's Crossbow but... bleh. Seeing enemy health, mechanically, is best on Spy. Though, Solemn Vow + CC.... hmmmm...

Edit: I have a nametag lying around waiting for a Strange to name. It found my Rainblower. While I could have made a pony reference, I decided instead "Merry-go-Round Meltdown". I'm happy.

That's a good name. I've been wanting a tag to name mine "Pyro's Party Cannon". Only problem is that the rainblower doesn't quite fit with my loadout of a Last Breath and Ghastlier Gibus.

The SV can actually be useful sometimes when you need to make the choice between fighting and running, but yeah, it's mostly junk. It's still better than stock or the amputator. Plus, if you're using a mic to lead a push it can be useful to tell your team who's weak and easy to pick off. I've got a buddy who actually does use it with the CC and he's the most lethal battle medic snipers I've ever meet.

I have to say my favorite bit of the clinical trial is the Overdose. Speed boost for already fast medic is beautiful.

• 4 weeks later...

It does, but you have to buddy up with a Scout or Sniper since they're the only classes that can make people wet.

Or you could rely on water already located in the map. Just think! This weapon practically turns the pyro into a shark on 2fort! You didn't forget that did you? :shifty:

Water counts? OH GOD, Pyro can kill in water now!

Water makes people wet? WHAT A REVELATION!! Joking aside, yeah. I just crafted it myself and joined a 2fort server and I gotta say, it is more fun then a barrel of monkeys. Pushing people in the water and electrocuting them to death is both effective, and trolly ;)