My little pony Generations: The Chronos Key *Game in creation*

Sunwind

Hello everyone! As some may have seen from my introduction a while back, I'm working on a my little pony RPG game in rpg maker VX.

Now please keep in mind that progress on this is rather slow, and I'm really doing it for fun. To learn the program, and to try to be more active here on canterlot.

I have no problem posting some fun screengrabs from the game. But Nothing has been officially programmed yet. While I have pretty much all the ideas for the first chapter of the script, at the moment I am busy making the sprites.

I totally cheat in the way I sprite to save time. And believe me even though I am they still take a hour or two each. However I do find the results to be very good imo. And sometimes I only craft half a sprite, since I don't need the whole thing. And my sprite progress is fun to share with previews, as I would like to know if everyone thinks they look good and accurate.

So first I'll start with the ones I showed in my opening introduction.

Twilight sparkle and Windwhistler.WOM7A.jpgpHfvy.jpg

• Like 2

And last night was very lonely and boring. So I worked on Rainbow and Rosie's favorite Pinkie pie. Rainbow hovers and flaps, and I figured out a way to make pinkie bounce when she walks! It just wouldn't be the same pinkie without that. They can both only go left and right though, but for use in the game I don't think that will be a issue.

Spike is there too, but he will most likely be a stationary sprite. He can walk left and right, but needs more work. He has some stray pixels that still need fixing.

Anyway see what you think! I'm curious to see what everyone thinks of them. And if people have questions about the game I'm more than happy to answer them as best I can.

YzMaV.png

Sure I wouldn't mind some music for the game, it's currently one thing I cannot really make myself. Working with only the ones provided by rpg maker vx, it both does not sound very unique or pony-like. I'm hoping somehow to figure out a way to get little sound bites of phrases they say on the show, just nabbed directly from episodes to use in certain situations. "during attacks and some conversation"

I don't want to create any actual pressure though, in case the whole thing falls apart. If you are making them for yourself, for fun, or to use elsewhere. *like you did with those other two* And then allow me to use some in the game, then that would be fine.

I like the two you linked though, they have sort of a unique "snes" sound to them and it's good. Is that what a chip-tune is? I've never heard the actual term before. I will say that a lot of my favorite rpg games were on the super nintendo, it was a great era for games. So since this game does look a lot like one that type of music fits well.

Looking good! I am liking how its coming along!

A chip-tune is where you make music using the sound chip from a game or other device. At least, I think that is the correct definition.

Edit: I also loved SNES RPG's as well!

Sure I wouldn't mind some music for the game, it's currently one thing I cannot really make myself. Working with only the ones provided by rpg maker vx, it both does not sound very unique or pony-like. I'm hoping somehow to figure out a way to get little sound bites of phrases they say on the show, just nabbed directly from episodes to use in certain situations. "during attacks and some conversation"

I don't want to create any actual pressure though, in case the whole thing falls apart. If you are making them for yourself, for fun, or to use elsewhere. *like you did with those other two* And then allow me to use some in the game, then that would be fine.

I like the two you linked though, they have sort of a unique "snes" sound to them and it's good. Is that what a chip-tune is? I've never heard the actual term before. I will say that a lot of my favorite rpg games were on the super nintendo, it was a great era for games. So since this game does look a lot like one that type of music fits well.

Don't worry I make them rather fast, If you have a scenario or a screenshot for each area I can make them with no sweat.

Looking good! I am liking how its coming along!

A chip-tune is where you make music using the sound chip from a game or other device. At least, I think that is the correct definition.

Edit: I also loved SNES RPG's as well!

Chiptune is a general name for any type of music with a retro gaming sound, within that name there are a bunch of sub-genre's:

8-bit music,

Amigacore,

Bitpop,

Chipbreak or Chipcore,

Chip Metal or Bleep Metal,

Chipstyle (both songs in my link),

Gameboy music, and

Nerdcore (that one sounds funny)

Those are just a few of the names Woolyss.com list off.

the main differences are the whether the song is made through a vst simulating an old sound card, if it actually made with a game console (they totally gut it and do a bunch of fancy routing)

Chipstyle sounds like chiptune but has modern aspects (drum samples, effects, and so on)

Well let me design a bit more before I really request anything too involved.

However at the moment a few absolutely guaranteed ones that would be nice that I would need for chapter 1. Either that or I just have to use the Rpg maker vx default ones *yuck!* *Though it does have a few useable ones*

A battle music to play while the ponies fight.

A the ponies won the battle catchy quick theme.

Music that would play in everfree forest.

Very evil, dark scary type music.

And possibly a bright happy ponyville-town type one.

I'm honestly not sure what I'm looking for, for any of these er.. yet. If you have played snes titles like Final fantasy II, chrono trigger and such, you know in that genre, but ponified.

At least it's very easy to add and change music to already crafted game quickly.

And really anything that would make the game more original, without using the premade vx defaults would be very appriciated.

But seriously no rush, and you don't have to do anything if you don't feel like it! It's suppose to be a fun project.

My game is also rather dark. Extremely dark. The ponies go to midnight castle type stuff. G4 is honestly incredibly tame villian wise. Even moreso now that the ponies have beaten pretty much all the current foes. *except the changlings* So my plot encompasses something much more vast. Also I think there is some other pony rpg game being made? If so I would want the plot to be different enough people would like to play and enjoy both, and not just pick one over the other.

Also why isn't there a spoiler button? There is even a twitter button. *laughs* Maybe it is there and I am just blind. I can never remember what is needed, and how to craft one. I wouldn't mind giving a few details of what I have planned for the game, but would rather like to keep most of it a surprise for those that would like to experience it while it happens.

A small request to the music man for this project: Do you think you could make the standard battle music reminiscent of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars standard battle theme?