Kazina Kwato [FINAL]

Roleplay type: World of Equestria RP.

Name: Kazina Kwato, meaning "works with hoof"

Sex: Female

Species: Zebra

Eye Color: Emerald

Coat Color: A creamy white with warm kelly green stripes.

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Kazina keeps her mane short, so not to get in the way of her messy work. However, her tail flows long and free. Her cut is edgy, because she prides herself in her appearance, but she does not go too crazy. She keeps it her natural color, evergreen.

Physique: A runner, Kazina is lean, muscular and tall.

Flank-Mark: A copper-colored clay pot.

Origin/Residence: Born and raised in Unyasi, like most zebras. She moved to Equestria to start a explore a new land she’d only heard of in stories as foal. Now, she lives outside of Trottingham, secluded but still within reach of goods.

Occupation: Kazina is a potter, creating bowls, plates, vases, and other hand-crafted, high-quality ware for ponies across Equestria.

Motivation: Kazina doesn’t fit in very well, for very few ponies understand her or trust her. Every morning, she wishes of being loved and understood like she was back home. Every night, she dreams of it. Every day, she tries harder and harder to achieve this goal. While she’s getting closer, it’s hard work.

Character Summary: Kazina was born to Rahisi Radhi Kabila (The Tribe of Simple Pleasures). This tribe was a small and strong community, very poor and very peaceful. They grazed the land, looking for new places to settle constantly. Rahisi Radhi Kabila had many strict traditions. You were to be named after your talent, and then given a tattoo flank-mark. The tribe was known for its storytelling, usually about far away lands such as Equestria. While Kazina's mother was single, she never was lonely. There were always many zebras wanting to nurture her and help her grow. Sickness was a constant struggle, however, and Kazina had many bouts of it. Many died in her life, making her strong and wise. She realised that life was not the things that happened to her, but instead her reaction. Kazina remained optomistic and cheerful.

As a small foal, she enjoyed playing in the mud and clays of river banks. Her talent for crafting and shaping was evident, so was her love of mother earth. As a young filly, Kazina was given her official name, "Works with hooves" (after her pottery skills), and tribal flank tattoo by the tribe's several Wazee. She grew up learning to love the simple things in life, such as running, sunsets, and the smell of green grass. Deeply spiritual, Kazina could often be found sitting and observing the earth's beauty. In her mind, she could practically hear it breathing beneath her, and the thought calmed her deeply. Kazina loved the tribal legends and lore, especially those telling of the majestic and fascinating ponies of Equestria. Kazina longed to meet one, and earmed a job aboard a trade ship as a young mare. She fell in love with the land and society, and decided to move to Trottingham. Although, the transition to Trottingham has not been as smooth as she had originally hoped for, considering she is an outsider and therefore an outcast. While many ponies have gotten used to her, and nobody has been hostile, learning to fit in a different culture is a very difficult task. Luckily, Kazina loves a challenge!

Kazina got her tribal flank-tattoo one day as she was running through the grasslands of Unyasi during Msimu wa Mvua, the Rainy Season. As rain poured from the sky, it splashed onto her coat, mixing with the sweat from running in such a humid climate. She loved the rain, and took a seat in the sticky grass. She suddenly laid eyes on a large puddle, in which she decided to clean her hooves. At the bottom, she felt a delightfully pleasing squish, which she knew was familiar clay. She dug it out, and plastered it onto her back as though to save it for later. She rejoined the other members of her tribe, and created a lovely vase, engraving pictures of running zebra. The Wazee noticed, and decided it was time for Kazina to get a tribal tattoo and official name. Her ceremony was a breeze, much dancing, singing, and rhyming tribal chants. In the light of the fire, Kazina quite enjoyed herself. The tattoo was not as easy. The needles made Kazina twitch, squirm, and moan at times. She hated anything touching her in the first place, and she was squeamish (especially of sharp things). Eventually, her tattoo was one display for the world to see, a living symbol of her talent. She wore it with pride, knowing that like most things in her life she had overcome the pain.

Kazina has trouble looking at the big picture, being such a detailed and sensitive person. She is often considered slow or stupid to those who do not understand her, and she spends ultimately too much time thinking about the big questions of life. For her, this is unhealthy and only makes her feel depressed, melancholy, and lonely. Kazina is not a very social zebra, introverted and quiet. She has trouble sharing, and likes to keep to herself. She's not anti-social, just awkward.

Kazina loves life in general, and has an optimistic view. Even in tough times, she thinks about what she does have and hopes to have in the future. She is creative with her hands in other ways than just pottery, enjoying drawing and instrumentation. Her sense of humour is dry, and her presence leaves you with a sense of wisdom. Her appearance is observant, patient, and well-mannered. Because of Kazina’s life experiences, she is incredibly sharp and diverse. She enjoys witty conversation, and is the kind of gal who stays at the beach all day, just to watch the tides come in and the sun rise and set. She is terribly interesting and tragically lovely.

vct26d.jpg

I see you've apped a Zebra - nice choice of species and always a welcome change of pace!

However there may be some key things you may not have looked into regarding how these applications can differ from the norm in some respects, and thus I shall refer you to THIS page, Canon Zebra lore for the board, to allow you to see just what you need to remember. For the most part, and as an example as to how your application needs a few revisions in regard to Zebra lore, board Zebras are more commonly found/located from the regions of Unyasi, which is somewhat different from the location you've stated on your application, as well as potentially other details.

Just take a look through the lore page, and adapt as necessary - if you can get these details fine tuned from here, this application should be fine for stamping!

Hey, a zebra! Always nice to see something different, and it looks like you're working to get fit Kazina in with the established lore.

As for your question about rhyming, I don't think they do. I don't see any mention of it in the lore page, and I can't imagine the kind folk here would require us poor souls to speak in rhyme.

I like what I see in the application, which seems to cover all the major bases. There are some minor typos and similar issues you may want to look at, but overall this looks solid to me--very descriptive of her personality and how it developed.

Good luck and good RPing!

It is very well done! If I had to make any complaints it'd be that I think having her live in Trottingham is a mistake. Zebras seem to be a true mystery to many ponies and the way zebras are described they would find it incredibly unsettling. The best of both worlds may be that she lives close by, but not in Trottingham. However, that is a simple gripe as the application is very solid.

This application is fantastic, but I have one thing that bothers me:

"Works with hands"

Yes, I am probably nit-picking here, but do Zebras even know what hands are? Wouldn't hooves be more accurate?

Regardless, this is a great application. Good job. :)