Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Thunder "Crossbones" Crash

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Navy Blue

Coat Color: Royal Blue

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Black / short / slightly messy

Physique: Muscular, average height, slightly larger than average wings

Cutie Mark: Laurel Wreath surrounding a Skull & Crossbones - recieved the day that he realized he truly could follow in his father's footsteps as a pirate.

Origin/Residence: Born at sea, currently resides on his father's third ship "The Deceitful Mare" as Captain

Motivation: To be as good as, or better than, his father at piracy; "immortality through memory".

Likes: Piracy, jewels, expensive trinkets, bits, sailing, occassionally doing the right thing, exploring, his tricorn and cape

Dislikes: Being stopped, being told what he's doing is wrong, moral dilemas, snobs

Character Summary: Thunder Crash was born to Darkmane (a feared pirate commodore) and Flarelight (his wife and captain to one of the vessels in his small fleet), both pegasi, aboard The Screaming Hydra, one of Darkmane's three pirating vessels. As a young colt he saw his father in action many times during raids, and was taught early how to be a proper pirate by his father - and a proper gentle-stallion by his mother. Proving himself quick-witted and intelligent in his youth, he quickly stopped being a cabin-colt and started helping his father's crew on deck with more important tasks.

As time went on, Flarelight returned to the second vessel of Darkmane's three-ship fleet, The Bloody Corral, as Captain. Meanwhile, Thunder Crash stayed with his father aboard The Screaming Hydra as an officer to learn more in-depth duties and continue his training to become the Captain of the third vessel of the fleet: The Deceitful Mare. It was the smallest of the three vessels, and felt rather odd about the name it held, but he wanted so very badly to become a Captain like his father. For so long though, he feared that he never would be; he didn't even have his cutie mark. Finally the day came, however, when he would recieve it.

A large raiding force comprised of ponies from all three vessels was piled onto The Deceitful Mare and sailed up river from the Neighpleas Delta to the two Diamond Dog settlements on the way to Rockwington. The attack was swift, and when his father became injured, Thunder Crash immediately stepped up and took command - routing the Diamond Dogs and making off with cart load upon cart load upon barrels and crates of gems.

It was also during this raid that Thunder Crash had to utilize the tactics which his parents had utilized for many many years: stunning their opponents. For pirates, they were a fairly decent lot. Diamond Dog settlements were their primary targets, and always had been. Gems were worth a lot of bits, and piracy was always about making money. Even so, his father had a unicorn friend from his childhood who helped create some special "stun" weapons - and Darkmane used them ever since, reasoning that if they didn't hurt anypony, there would be less reason to hunt them down.

It wasn't until all were back aboard The Deceitful Mare that Darkmane spotted the cutie mark that had come to adorn Thunder Crash's flank - a laurel wreath surrounding a skull and crossbones. Darkmane gave the meaning to his son easily, saying that he was destined to become among the greatest of pirates. The rest of the fleet took it as another reason to celebrate after their successful raid.

Now that Thunder Crash has become a stallion, his father has seen fit to give him the position of Captain aboard The Deceitful Mare, and just in time for his first solo mission. It was a simple plan really - a three pronged striked against six Diamond Dog settlements. Thunder Crash would sail The Deceitful Mare upriver from White Calf Bay to the old Moon Palace, and launch raids on the two nearby Diamond Dog settlements. Once done, he would continue up river until he came to the Great Nimbusgait Lakes, and then await the arrival of The Screaming Hydra and The Bloody Corral - who would be sailing south past Roughrider Ridge and Stalliongrad respectively, and launching raids against the Diamond Dog settlements along the way. By all account, Thunder Crash had the shortest route and would start first, so he should be waiting a long time. Once they all met up, they were to sail out to the ocean and head to Corralwood Corral in order to sell off their loot and celebrate. There's only one problem...

Upon reaching the closest point in the river to the Moon Palace, The Deceitful Mare, despite being the smallest of the fleet's vessels, became lodged on a sand bar at high tide, and is now completely stuck. Meanwhile, the crew has no way to contact the rest of the fleet and is stuck in the middle of the Everfree Forest. The raids on the Diamond Dog settlements have already been accomplished, but without any way to move the pirate vessel, even at high tide, the first mission of the young pirate captain may be completely botched. Worse? Nobody will likely know it for a month or longer, which means the crew will have to begin trading for provisions... and using up the valuable cargo they were meant to make off with. Not to mention Thunder Crash has no idea what might be done if word reaches Canterlot of a stranded pirate ship. The last thing the young captain wants is to end up on the moon away from any sort of plunder.

Personality: Thunder Crash is often rather calm and calculating, thinking things out before acting, but in a pinch his quick wit often comes into play. Of course, that wit is usually better at patching a problem than solving it. Unless he's really trying to strike fear into people, he's cordial and well mannered, but anyone that's heard of his father and recognizes who he is might not want to stick around long enough to find this out - this is only made worse by the fact that he essentially looks like a younger version of his dad, but with a different cutie mark. Of course, who would want to talk to a pirate anyway?

When he is in full pirate mode, he's often difficult to reason with if you're trying to persuade him not to raid some place or another. This can often be his downfall if there's more to it than just not wanting him to raid. He's also very confident in his abilities; that being one of the reasons that The Deceitful Mare ended up stranded on a sandbar. He's not good at the whole "humility" thing. Also, one of the reasons he wants to gain fame, or infamy, as a pirate is so that he can achieve immortality - not physically, but in the pages of history. He believes that if he can become well known enough, ingrained enough in history so that his name can't be ignored by historians, he'll be remembered for all time - and shall live on in the memory of others forever.

Kind of. I wanted him to be a captain, but not be the sole pony in charge, hence why he sails under his father's colors as part of his fleet. I also wanted to show that since he's still a young stallion, he's prone to overconfidence and mistakes, and the perfect thing was getting the ship stuck somehow. After that I just had to figure out how he'd get in that situation, and I figured it would happen on his first real mission.

For that I just kinda looked at the map and went "Okay, if I was a pirate, where would I raid? An Equestrian city? Possible, but along the coast there's rarely ever something aside from the navy that would impede me, so that's out since I don't want the ship sunk. So what targets would both be rich, possibly get the ship stuck, and not really be cared about that much? Hmmmm... well, sandbars are common in rivers, so something inland along a river. That could get the ship stuck. But what- WAIT! Nobody would care about the Diamond Dogs. They're jerks, and they have tons of gems!"

From there I just planned out the larger attack along the three rivers headed toward the lakes, and gave him what should have been the "shortest and safest" route. Basically... I pulled a Gilligan's Island and gave him a "three hour tour". xD

Greetings!

This is an overall excellent application, and having him begin his Rp story from his "base" of the ship run aground in the Everfree is just fine. :) My only question is the actual meaning of the cutie mark. The skull is obvious and he is told it meant he will be "a great pirate captain", but what of the laurel wreath? What does it represent for him as far as his special talent, as it feels that says more than say, a jolly roger alone.

Alrighty. Looks good.

As we are in transition to our new team, I will let you know that I won't be stamping it,, but I will have it on the list to get the final stamp by those who are already in their official capacity to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the mods and they asked me to request that some tweaks are made to the application. Specifically in regards to his pirate career. In their words It's not about being a pirate, it's what the pirate does. Their concern wasn't about him sailing the seas or even stealing, but causing physical harm to other ponies. Reading the application again myself, I notice that as far as I can tell, he doesn't even "raid" pony settlements, just Diamond Dog ones. Therefore I feel it just needs to be emphasized that neither he, nor his crew, nor his family do violent raids with any physical harm, but instead sneak in, steal the luxury items or goodies (like their gems) and swoop out swashbuckling style. In short I am working to make this character work for a world (the Mane RP) that is based on the canon FiM world and its general themes. :)