Willow Wing [Final]

WillowWing

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria RP

Name: Willow Wing

Sex: Male

Species: Pegasus

Eye Color: Purple-ish blue

Coat Color: Forest green

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Mane: Short mohawk of green, brown and white; three cut holes in the bottom portion; Tail: Slightly wavy, green, brown and white streaks; usually wrapped in tan cloth; Markings: Brown spots on his ears, bottom, sides/underside of wings and on the upper leg of all legs except the back left, where the spots are on the lower leg.

Physique: Slim, with lean muscle. Average height.

Cutie Mark: A small, white shield with a grey six pointed star inside it. It usually can't be seen because of his armor.

Origin/Residence: He travels around a lot, but has a permanent residence in Cloudsdale.

Occupation: Protecting and helping ponies, and taking odd jobs when he needs money.

Motivation: To protect and help anypony he can while trying to find out the identity of his mother.

Likes: Hot baths, chocolate cake, helping others, lazing around

Dislikes: Ponies seeing him without his armor on, bullies, carrots, the ocean, cats, memorizing things

Character Summary: Willow is nice and happy most of the time and enjoys helping others whenever he can. Though he's not a genius, he enjoys solving little puzzles and problems, and is thrilled when he can use smarts rather than strength to help with something. However, once he sits down and begins relaxing it can be very hard to get him going again, as he is slightly introverted and, as a result, gets tired easily. When he doesn't get enough rest or alone time he has moody, sarcastic spells that can get a little annoying. At the time he thinks his sarcasm is hilarious, but he generally feels bad about it afterwards and goes to apologize to those he may have hurt or embarrassed. He's very determined once he sets his mind to something, though he sometimes questions if he's doing often needs help making large decisions. He has always had a slight fear of magic that he really wants to get over, but no matter what he does, he can't seem to shake it.

Background: Will grew up with his father in Cloudsdale. He lived a fairly nondescript childhood, but always wanted to know who his mother was. His father wouldn't say anything, so when he was old enough, Will set out to discover the identity of his mother. After awhile, he grew discouraged and instead began to focus on simply helping people, though he never forgets his mother, and hopes that he will find her eventually.

How Will Got His Name- Will's father named him Willow Wing because of his green and brown coat and, apparently, Will's mother loved to sit under a specific willow tree when she and his father were courting. This is the only real information Will has about his mother, but he has never been able to find the tree his mother loved so much.

Will's Cutie Mark- Will got his Cutie Mark rather late, but not so late to be considered abnormal. He was playing with some of his friends in Cloudsdale one day when he saw some other, not so friendly colts picking on one of their much smaller 'friends'. Though he wanted to help, Will just couldn't pluck up the courage and ignored it instead, letting the colt gallop home crying. He felt awful for days, until he witnessed the same group of big colts bullying again. This time, he stepped in and made them stop, though he was picked on for quite awhile afterwards.

The shield shape represents the fact that Will wants to protect and help other ponies whenever he can. The six-pointed star is a bit of a mystery to Will, but his father understood the significance of the mark. It represents the pureness and innocence of spirit found in young foals. Will has accepted that he doesn't really understand the star, and has asked his father about it, but never got a decent answer. He supposed his father wanted him to find out for himself, but he's not too worried about it.

Why Will Wears Armor- On his first visit to Canterlot with his father to see Princess Celestia when he was just a colt, Willow was fascinated by the Royal Guard's armor. He begged his father to get him some, but his father simply laughed and said maybe when he was older. When Will left his family home to get his own house and begin traveling, Will decided to finally go and get some armor of his own made, as it had enthralled him ever since that day in Canterlot. He commissioned the armor in Canterlot and had it engraved with the six-pointed star on his Cutie Mark and three intersecting circles, which his father had used to explain love and family bonds. ((There will be close ups of the engravings on the reference sheet I'm working on.))

WillowWingWrapFinishedResize.png

post-4046-0-05723700-1340820893_thumb.pn

This guy looks very cool, and I like the idea of a bodyguard that's not just brawns. However, the personality seems a bit vague (no offense) he's lazy, but also determined? ("when he sets his mind to something")The character's very good, just maybe flesh out his personality a bit more?

You've got a neat character here, and I like the development he's gone through. There's one thing here that I'd like to possibly see some expansion on.

The shield is because Will really wants to protect and help other ponies, obviously, but he wasn't quite sure about the six-pointed star inside it. He hopes to one day find out what significance it has.

Even if he doesn't completely understand what all his cutie mark represents, you, as the player, should still know what it stands for. It could be that it doesn't stand for anything at all, and it's just as a decoration for his shield, or perhaps it stands for a personality trait. Since he commissioned armor with engraved designs, maybe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that he has a great appreciation for artistic works?

You've got a neat character here, and I like the development he's gone through. There's one thing here that I'd like to possibly see some expansion on.

Even if he doesn't completely understand what all his cutie mark represents, you, as the player, should still know what it stands for. It could be that it doesn't stand for anything at all, and it's just as a decoration for his shield, or perhaps it stands for a personality trait. Since he commissioned armor with engraved designs, maybe it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that he has a great appreciation for artistic works?

Thank you~

Hmm... I never actually thought about it that much... I had an idea about it having to do with his mother, but I don't think I want to go with that. I'll do some revision now and see what I can come up with. (:

EDIT: Alright, I elaborated on that part a bit. Hope it's better now~!