I've been a brony since July 09, 2011. I didn't tell my friend Josh Thomas or my parents until the last week of August. A few days later Josh told me he liked the show and considered himself a brony. He was one somewhere between the day that Season 2 Episode 6 The Cutie Pox up until when I invited him to watch Season 2 Episode 9 Sweet and Elite. On that day he told me he was no longer interested in the show but since then we still talk and make jokes about the show and fandom and he's even seen all twenty six episodes from Season 1 and all episodes from Season 2 except for Baby Cakes, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Read it and Weep, It's About Time and Ponyville Confidential as well as any fan made videos or pmvs that I show him when I invite him over to spend the weekend to watch t.v. and play video games. Anyway I was wondering does anybody here have a similar friend or friends like my friend Josh or is my friend's situation weird and almost unheard of? I'm just curious.

Uhm.

That's pretty much all my friends except maybe two. They are all aware of my Brony status and... accept it mostly, but they just add it to the long list of other psychosis of mine. It's a simple pat on the head and say "That'll do, pig. That'll do." My wife is more or less in the same boat, though she's doing me the grace of watching each episode with me. Slowly.

I want more Brony friends.

Not sure your friend qualifies as an anti-brony. It seems he'd qualify more as an amiable former friend which is very far removed from an anti-brony. As for me, I have zero firmer amiable friends. I have a few Bronies and the rest tend to not give a crud.

I will be your friend, Kirby! :kissy:

I have friends ranging from the ones who converted me and fully embrace it and watch the show and stuff, to those who acknowledge it, to those who look at me funny, to those who think it's weird on the outside but I know are in the closet about being a brony, to those who were my closest friends but now hate me for it. Honestly the last one is the only one that really rustles my jimmies.

• Like 1

I have a few bronie friends, but most of them are non-bronies, mostly on hater side, but they tolerate me. In fact, one time, one of them was on her iPad, and said 'This song is so awesome, it's like the essence of my soul!' and she put on Living Tombstone's remix of Discord XD

When I told her it was a pony song, she screamed and shut it off.

I have a few bronie friends, but most of them are non-bronies, mostly on hater side, but they tolerate me. In fact, one time, one of them was on her iPad, and said 'This song is so awesome, it's like the essence of my soul!' and she put on Living Tombstone's remix of Discord XD

When I told her it was a pony song, she screamed and shut it off.

Lol that was a funny story.

My two best friends are slightly anti-brony and anti-pony related :-( . They hate it. They freakin' love cars, TopGear, Porsche, Bugatti and all that stuff :RDash: . And when one of my friends told me that he would never watch MLP even if paid :sad: , I told him that I hate all their freakin' passions :scream: . But we are still friends. ;D :kissy:<3

This is a tricky question! What constitutes an anti-brony, or a brony in general? Or someone who prefers not to carry that title, but still enjoys FiM and maybe its culture?

It's not strange for people to change their minds about stuff -- perhaps your friend initially liked the show, and decided it wasn't for him at a later time.

I've got one brony friend, but he has no internet, so his involvement is pretty minimal at best. He does like to make cutie mark stencils for tagging! He's such a little trouble maker~

He's less into the show, but loves the art and the music. I do get the feeling a lot of his involvement with brony stuff is mainly because I'm into it.

My best friend is very much an anti-Brony, however he's not too vocal about it and he will occasionally see good in the show ("This Day Aria" for example, which he found quite good). However, I think the only reason he puts up with my pony talk is because his sister is a Pegasister and because I showed him the .MOV videos, which he finds hilarious enough that we quote it every day. I can't tell you how many times we go back and forth with: "Applejack, you can't eat all those ****** apples!", and so forth.

Most of my other "friends" either don't care, mention it in passing (Calling out "BRONY!" every once and a while), or even in some cases became Bronies. One of my friends was already a Brony, and I turned two of my friends into Bronies....in fact, one of them is going to BronyCon with me this weekend!

Just goes to show, this show is powerful enough to make good friends out of people. You see, that's why I love this fandom the most...

I have two people I'd consider to be my best friends...

They both hate ponies, one actually has a credible case since she's watched episodes and simply didn't like them and she's perfectly fine with me being a brony...

The other one hasn't seen any episodes and when I told him that he can't really say anything since he never saw the show, he responded with, "Yeah, I kinda can." :/

I wish at least one of my friends was a brony :-(

This is a tricky question! What constitutes an anti-brony, or a brony in general? Or someone who prefers not to carry that title, but still enjoys FiM and maybe its culture?

It's not strange for people to change their minds about stuff -- perhaps your friend initially liked the show, and decided it wasn't for him at a later time.

yeah I think you might be right.

My elder brother. He's seen almost the entire first season, and liked it, but doesn't like to label himself part of the community.

I think he's just a little intimidated since we conquered the majority of the internet. :D

Till now he doesn't fully understand what bronies are all about.

My elder brother. He's seen almost the entire first season, and liked it, but doesn't like to label himself part of the community.

I think he's just a little intimidated since we conquered the majority of the internet. :D

Till now he doesn't fully understand what bronies are all about.

I wish my older brother watched cartoons with me but he only watches the mature adult ones like Family Guy or South Park. When I told him I was a brony he made gay jokes about me and all other bronies being gay. We still love each other though so everything is ok.

I wish my older brother watched cartoons with me but he only watches the mature adult ones like Family Guy or South Park. When I told him I was a brony he made gay jokes about me and all other bronies being gay. We still love each other though so everything is ok.

Blagh, Family Guy and South Park mature? Please!

Your bro and mine are missing out on a lot of life changing stuff! :D

About four or five of my IRL friends are Bronies, but none of my friends are what I'd call "anti-brony". A few of them find it to be weird, but hey, people thought I was weird before I was a brony.

My friend, he is a true Anti-Bronie, He even has hate posts on deviant art about them...besides him my friends are neither bronie, or anti-bronie.

I know it may sound weird, but can I see said hate posts? I'm always interested in seeing the anti-Brony opinions. Not even fooling, I'm quite interested.

Also Chapien, your avatar is pure win because of where it came from.

Heh, Thanks Thoth. I know this is a bit off topic, but did you see the new Rainbow Dash Presents yet? Its not on YouTube yet due to YouTube being... dumb, but its available for anyone who follows the animator (petirep)'s deviantART or Tumblr.

• Like 1