[Canterlot]Finding Peace(soulscapes, open)

IceStorm

After the atrocious events that had occurred at the open house, Ice still needed to cool off inside. Outside she was calm and collected, and she knew that everything was just a misunderstanding, but a small part of her inside was ticked because of the fact that these things always happened to her. She felt better at least for apologizing to the princess and Miracle at least for the horrible way she had handled the situation, but aside from that she was irritated. She let out a long sigh as the cooling winds from the park blew past her, moving and bounce her mane with it's path. She could only imagine how she looked right now with the bit of her mane that was missing. It wouldn't have been as bad if it wasn't for the fact that the part that ripped out was in the front making it blatantly obvious what had happened, and if she knew a vast majority of the ponies here in Canterlot, they would blame her for starting the situation just because of her bloodline.

"Somethings never do truly change I guess. I guess it was just a stupid decision by me to come to the event to begin with. I should have known that someone would have been there that was going to mess things up, especially considering a princess was there," she spoke aloud to herself just relaxing letting her shoulders relax. Perhaps once everything was out of her everything would start getting better. "Well, at least it's over now and we can move on."

Princess Cadence sighed softly and rolled her shoulders as she trotted along, trying to free herself from the terse happenings that had occurred near the end of the CRPR open house. She hadn't quite planned on such a near fiasco, but at least everything had seemed to work out alright in the end. The board was happy, the guests had seemed pleased. There wasn't much more she could ask for, but for now all she wanted to do was relax and the park seemed like the perfect place.

A cool breeze, a nice calm atmosphere. Perhaps a few others would be around to just ponywatch. That was always a pleasant way to pass the time. As a matter of fact, there was somepony else right now! The alicorn was more than content to leave them be and allow them to do as they wished, after all perhaps they were seeking a bit of solitude themselves. That was, until she noticed that a piece of the other pony's mane was missing. Perhaps alone time would have to wait until later.

The princess walked slowly up to the unicorn so as not to startle her, stopping a short distance away and speaking softly so as not to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere.

"I don't think we were ever properly introduced," Cadence started slowly, inclining her head in greeting. "Are you alright after... you know," she murmured embarrassedly, turning her head slightly to the side.

Ice was looking out over the fields into the interior of the park. She had wished that it was night time rather than daylight as it was always more fun for her to star-gaze than it was for her to just to watch the random clouds drift by. The cool breeze was always welcomed though and every time it brushed by her it made her feel even more relaxed. It was as if the winds themselves were working through her as a vibrant massage kneading the tension out of her muscles from events that had construed prior to her arrival at the park.

She was deep in though trying to reply the events of the open house in her mind trying to figure out what it was she had done that could have possibly caused her to be mistaken for a spy. A spy of all things! She couldn't even figure it out. As Polaris had told her, she was drinking punch and eating a turnover. How does any of that make her a spy? She knew that Miracle was just being protective of everypony, but a spy? The more she thought about it, the more it was actually funny to her and she let out a short giggle. "Then again some of these ponies here are just silly. A spy! Ha! even if I wanted to be one I don't think I'd ever be able to pull it off. I'm much too loud for being sneaky," she giggled to herself as she heard the Princess come up behind her saying that she didn't think that they were properly introduced.

She spoke peacefully as softly as to not disrupt the serenity that was permeating the park as the birds sang true to their rhythms. The rustling leaves in the trees soothing the thoughts and only further adding to the delicate tone that the Princess convey as she asked if she was okay after what had transpired. Ice nodded. "I'll be fine. the hair will grow back eventually. I'm just as much to blame for that as anypony else was. I did completely snap at Miracle, so it's not like I didn't play a hoof in the disaster," she explained. "My name is Ice Storm. Not sure if you would have heard of it or not. With as many arguments as I've gotten into on the nobles quarter due to birth place I used to think my name was as common as water here. I'm pleasantly surprised to find out that's not the case," she said as a thought crossed her mind that made her giggle. "And I think I'll need to re-name this park if nothing else but for my self to Princess Park, as so far I've met two of the three princesses and both of them have been right here on this hill," she added with another giggle her mood lightening with every second.

Heart Healer was journeying through the streets of Canterlot. It was a daily routine for her to go for a walk not only to exercise but to clear her head after all her counseling sessions. This was especially true being an empath. Harboring all those emotions could prove dangerous as the pony could take on those emotions. It happened to her before, Heart almost going insane due to the anger and sadness she felt. So, Heart needed a creative outlet for her emotions, and walking was one way she did so.

Heart then passed through the park when she stopped. She felt a change in the area, an emotional one, with her magic. It felt heavy and dark, like being encased in a blanket. Heart knew this meant that a pony was in distress. Yet there was something else, another emotion felt, presumably from another pony. This one was quite the opposite of the first one. The emotion was of pure love. Heart never felt this much love from one pony, and it quickly overrode the distressful feelings. She knew that if she could help, she should. It was her duty as an empath and a psychologist.

Getting closer to the source, she saw a blue unicorn with strangely a piece missing from her mane. But this wasn't the strangest part. The other pony was none other than Princess Cadence. Knowing her royal customs, Heart Healer bowed to greet the Princess.

Cadence smiled and gave an incline of her head to Ice Storm as she introduced herself and explained her situation. It still seemed to be bothering her a bit, but then again the alicorn would be troubled too if she was missing a chunk of her mane. It wasn't something anypony would wish upon themselves, or so she thought.

"Well I hardly think you're notorious," Cadence laughed, sitting on the grass to continue their conversation. "But I do know that Canterlot can be a bit much sometimes. That why I loved traveling so much when I did." She quirked a brow. "And you said you've met another princess here? Which one? I bet it was Aunt Luna, wasn't it?" she blurted, shaking her head. "She always loves the peace and quiet."

As she spoke the royal mare noticed a new pony approaching and turned to stand and face her, nodding in greeting.

"Hello there!" she called. "A wonderful day, isn't it?"

Ice listened as the princess continued to speak sitting down next to her, saying that she hardly thought that she was notorious with a laugh and made her laugh a bit as well. "I suppose not, and I've actually come to find that the outer areas actually aren't all that bad. It's just when I moved here before, I was literally in just about the worst condition that I could be in. I think that may have had an issue in things as well," she finished as she asked which of the other princesses she'd met here. She first asked if it was Luna but then mentioned that she liked her peace and quiet. "Actually it was Princess Luna. I met her right after the Not-Quite-as-Grand Galloping Gala that was here a couple months ago. We had a nice long talk right here on this hill as a matter of fact, and at least it felt like we became decent friends. Which is a good thing considering how much I've heard other ponies try to avoid her. It sounds like she needs a good friend," she finished as another pony began to move into the area.

If Ice wouldn't have known better, she would have said that she was a clone of the princess, as she looked exactly like Cadence without the wings, and obviously a different cutie mark, but even they were similar. Cadence's was the Gemmed heart, while this pony's was a heart with a bandage on it. It appeared that they were very similar indeed. She watched as Cadence greeted the other pony and in return the other pony bowed her head respectfully. Ice shook her head for a moment. "Wow," she said with a small giggle. "If I hadn't known any better I'd say you two were twins," she stated before realizing that it might have been disrespectful to compare the princess to a normal pony. She didn't seem like the type that would get offended by that, but Ice's ears lay against her head upon the realization. Royalty is still Royalty and most have their standards.

Heart felt that the Princess had a very friendly and outgoing personality, one that would easily break down barriers between her and another pony.

"Yes, Princess Cadence, it is a nice day today. That's why I decided to go for a walk. It also helps me to clear my head."

Heart then hear the unicorn mention the fact that she loooked like the Princes! The unicorn could see the similarities. She was pink and the Princess was. Both had vibrant manes and tails. And both had heart shaped cutie marks.

"Well, I never thought I looked that similar to Princess Cadence, but I can see the resemblance. But know, I am not her twin. Although, there was oner time a confused pony did mistaken me as Princess Cadence from far away until realizing upon coming close that I wasn't."

Heart realized she was rattling on as she was sometimes prone to do. It was good for her counseling sessions, but bad for idle talk.

"Oh forgive me. My name is Heart Healer. The reason that I came over was that you seemed distressed miss. I'm an empath you see. I can read your emotions, feeling them as if they were my own. When I was walking I felt some anger and resentment and i came over to see what the trouble was. Please forgive me for intruding on your conversation. I usually can control my power, but sometimes it has a mind of its own it seems."

Cadence nodded sympathetically to Ice as she revealed a little more of her troubles in Canterlot, but couldn't suppress a smile when the unicorn informed her that it had indeed been Princess Luna that she'd met before. The dark alicorn always seemed to be out and about in the oddest of places during the night, so it made sense that when one wasn't looking for her they had the best chance of finding her. The pink mare's youngest aunt actually confused her slightly as well, despite the fact that she should have the most availability to see Luna aside from Celestia.

"I wouldn't disagree with you that she could use friends," Cadence said slowly, thinking carefully about her choice of words. "Even though she came back from her- Um... she just seems lonely sometimes, I guess," she stuttered, quickly deciding against mentioning the Nightmare Moon incident and the subsequent imprisonment in the moon. "I'm glad you were able to make her happy. It isn't easy, believe me!"

The princess was slightly taken aback when Ice compared her to the newly arrived empath, but it was a nice compliment all the same. She let Heart Healer field the likeness while simply content to listen, a hoof catching her mane and tugging it back down as a rebellious breeze threatened to scatter it all over the place. She stopped however when she heard that the new arrival was an empath.

"Oooh you can sense emotions?" she questioned emphatically before she could stop herself. "I'm told that's pretty rare! I've only heard of a couple of others myself. What's it like, sensing everything another is feeling? I would imagine it's something like my love magic, only less... focused on one emotion?"

Ice chuckled when she heard Heart Healer, as she had introduced mention that sometimes her power had a mind of its own. That she was an Empath and that she could read the emotions of others, and she had felt distress coming from with her. That she had felt anger and resentment, and that she decided to look into it. She also heard just before that Cadence continuing about how since the unspoken occurrence, Her aunt had been quite lonely. A fact that irritated Ice more that the attitudes of Canterlot. Yes Princess Luna Made mistakes... a thousand years ago. The only ponies that were even alive at the time when that had happened that he could think of would have been Princess Celestia, and maybe Princess Cadence. She had no way of knowing how old she was, and she wasn't about to ask.

"I completely understand what you mean Heart. When I discovered my ability for controlling Ice, I was literally scaling this very mountain to get here the first time I moved here. Which is actually where everything stemmed from," she stated with a sigh. "So far my life has been anything short of horrifying, which is probably why you felt the emotions that you did. When I was a filly, I was everything but completely abandoned by my parents in Fillydelphia, I walked from there to here when I moved here many years ago before I even had my cutie mark, and then followed the paths up the mountain side only to get met with nothing but disrespect an bullying once I got here from the Canterlot Elite," she said turning to Cadence.

"The one thing that does anger me even more than that though, is as you've addressed, how lonely Princess Luna is. It's not fair how everypony treats her and judges her for a mistake that she didn't even make in their lifetimes, it happened a millennia ago. She doesn't deserve to be scorned or shunned as some ponies do, she deserves to have friends and socialize just like everypony else!" she stated matter-of-factly defending her princes's honor. Realize that she was beginning to go on a rant though she paused and gave a weak smile. "Sorry, I'm normally better restrained than that. Anyway, my name is Ice Storm, and it's a pleasure to meat you Heart healer, and an honor to be able to speak with you princess," she responded politely.

"Yes,Princess, I can sense emotions," Heart Healer said, "and I do think it's a rare ability as I haven't heard of anypony being able to do something even remotely close to it, except you, Princess."

Heart then paused and thought when Princess Cadence asked what it was like having the empath ability. She knew she could lie and sugar coat her answer by explaining that everything was fine and there were zero problems with her ability. But that would leave a lasting bad feeling in her heart for lying, especially to a pony that she looked up to such as her.

"Well, I have to be honest with you Princess, my ability is mostly a blessing, but it also at times can be a burden. Unlike your ability to feel and send out love, as you said, I feel every emotion that a pony has. Now it's wonderful feeling positive emotions like happiness and love, but it's bad when feeling things like anger, hate, and saddness. Now when I was a filly, I couldn't protect myself from feeling those emotions, good or bad. The emotions would possess me, become part of me. When a pony was sad for example, no matter what my emotion was at the time, I would start crying. Over the years I've tried to fix this, but there's this fear that one day those bad emotions will corrupt me for good and I'll become some nightmare of a pony, this angry depressed miserable thing."

Heart paused again, realizing she was bearing her heart to the Princess, including her darkest fear. Was this just that she felt comfortable around her, or was there something magical happening?

"But instead of dwelling on that fear, I do use my ability for good, counseling ponies. And although at the end of the day I may feel tired or emotionally drained, Iwould not change it for the world. Because I like helping ponies cope with their emotions like love, grief, or loss so that they can have a sense of well being in their lives. And if using my ability to understand them more is what I need, I'll gladly use it."

Heart Healer then heard Ice Storm tell her story about how she arrived in Canterlot and had a life of nothing but grief. She felt wthe wave of sadness and anger wash over her like a flood. The empath tried as best as she could to reduce the emotions as she did in her counseling sessions. Although it didn't block the emotions entirely, it prevented her from getting the full force. Then Ice Storm mentioned her feelings towards Princess Luna, whom she met earlier. Her feelings toards her and the injustice the Princess of Night had experienced, finally broke Heart Healer's shield.

And that was when Heart Hearl began to cry bitter tears and the pony suddenly looked like she was weighed down by a heavy load. She couldn't respond to Ice Storm, not to give counsel, not to give a kind hug, not even to acknowledge that the blue unicorn said her name. The emotions had crippled her.

((Hope you don't mind me joining in ... ))

Gold Wish was truly having a difficult day. Not sad, but difficult. Today she had decided to pick up some of the hardest ingredients for her potions and spells, and even some nice items for her magic items. She had already ticked a few of them out of her list, but most of them were still missing. The purple coated filly looked at her list once again, and mumbled a few words to herself. She had to go look in the entrance of the park for the next plant. This one would work pretty well for unicorns that wanted to unleash a little bit more of magic out of their horns, a thing she had learned to deal with over time. Her specialty were the stars, but those good friends would only be visible in a few hours. So the gentle filly would have to wait for them.

After taking a few steps into the park, she spotted the plant she had been looking for. But right in the moment when she was about to pick it out of the soil with her magic, a brown bunny crossed her path and grabbed the plant as well. "Hey, I saw it first!", she said. Those words had been the filly's biggest mistake, for the bunny pulled the plant out of the soil and hopped away with it. Gold Wish snorted to herself, and when she managed to see what she was doing again, she caught herself hopping after the bunny with her rear in the air and her front legs together against each other, as if trying to mimick the little critter. She managed to catch by the corner of her pink eye a few figures, that seemed to be ponies, but right now she was focused on something else.

"Come on, we can share!", she said. The bunny stopped after those words, but the filly had the feeling it hadn't been because of her. He let go of the plant, taking a look at the ponies that Gold Wish had previously ignored, and then hopped away, leaving the filly's precious plant behind. She immediatly made it float to her saddlebag with her magic. "Well I could give you haf of it.", she mumbled to herself, recomposing her mane and tail. She had stopped just in front of the Princess, and still she wasn't aware of that...

Cadence had heard the both sides of the tirade about Princess Luna several times before, and could empathize with each of them. There were valid points to each argument, though she tended to lean toward Ice's point of view. What was disturbing was how often the unicorn seemed to dwell on her unpleasant past, as though she literally couldn't stop thinking about the misery. She'd mentioned it each time they'd met, though perhaps being in Canterlot itself had something to do with it.

"Everypony is entitled to their own opinion," the princess reminded gently. "While none of them were alive for that battle, to completely ignore the fact that my aunt was once Nightmare Moon wouldn't be wise either. It's a delicate balance."

Heart Healer also explained her power, in that it was sometimes difficult to turn off and she almost always felt emotions to some degree. In fact, the more Ice talked the more troubled the unicorn seemed to become, until she actually broke down and began to cry. Alarmed, Cadence moved over to comfort her.

"Heart, are you alright?" she asked in concern, a soothing glow wrapping nebulously around her horn before spreading outward in a calming wave. It was a little troubling how often she was needing to use that spell lately...

As she worked on impeding what she assumed was the flow of negative emotions from Ice to Heart, the alicorn couldn't help but notice that a small filly was bouncing around after a bunny with a plant in its mouth. She tried to remain focused on her task and magic, but the sight was just too amusing after a while. That, and the fact that the chase ended practically at her feet.

"Can I help you?" Cadence laughed, leaning down to greet the filly and slowly letting her arcane tapestry taper off in hopes that it had been enough to help Heart Healer. "You look like you were having a bit of trouble with that bunny!"

Ice Storm didn't realize that her emotions were flowing over so quickly to heart healer. She had completely forgotten that her ability amplified her emotions to her and Ice saw her give in and break into tears. This made Ice take a few steps back from what she had said and hung her head. It appeared the only thing she seemed to be good at today was hurting others or getting hurt herself. There was no happy medium today it seemed. She heard the princess tell here that everypony had a right to their own opinion, and while none of them were alive for what happened, completely ignoring the fact that Luna used to be Nightmare Moon wasn't wise either. She could understand why that would be the case, but that didn't mean everypony else had to remind her of who she was. Ice sat back on her haunches, unable to even say anything at what had just happened, what she had just caused. She knew full well that it was her fault that Heart Healer was crying. She wanted to apologize, but as hard as heart was crying she didn't even know if she would hear her.

This made her own heart sink and she could feel the tears in her own eyes being held back. She had done this!! Perhaps she really was the monster everypony else made her out to be... if she could hurt other ponies just by emotions alone. "I'm... I'm sorry.... Perhaps I should go before I hurt anypony else..." She stated hoping to meet resistance but finding if very unlikely at the moment that she would get any. She was so upset herself at this point she didn't even notice the filly that had joined them even with Cadence talking to her. No, the only thing on her mind now was her own failures as a pony.

Heart Healer felt a wave of calm wash over her, presumably from Princess Cadence. Immiately the assaults of Ice's emotions had ceased allowing Heart to recollect her thoughts. She saw that the blue unicorn was now in distress. It was no wonder as she was already upset about the treatment she received in Canterlot. Now she was thinking that she caused Heart's crying. In the sense it was true, but more importantly it was Heart's magic that caused this.

"I'm sorry Princess Cadence and Ice Storm for breaking down like that. Thank you Cadence for helping me rcover. And Ice, I owe you an apology for making you feel even more upset. You deserve happiness just like any other pony. Please don't blame your feelings for my distress. Now you see how much of a burden my ability can be."

The filly finally managed to look at the source of the voice that was just talking to her, and she couldn't help but to recognize it. It was soft, soothing and interested in her matters. It ould only belong to somepony with a high status. Somepony pretty eloquent ... She looked up to face the gentle expression of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence as she kept hearing in her town Canterlot. She didn't know if she should feel scared or honoured, and the blush on her face showed so. She rushed to take a bow, because she had been taught that way back in Canterlot.

"P-P-Princess Cadence! I'm so sorry for interrupting whatever you...", she gulped, "...were doing!", she then finished, taking a long bow once again and trying to recompose herself once again, "I'm Gold Wish, esoterical expertise."

• 2 weeks later...

Cadence waved a non-chalant, yet mildly embarrassed hoof at Gold Wish before inclining her head in return to the bow.

"It's no trouble! We're in a park after all. It's not like the world just stops because a princess happens to be around right? Although that would be pretty useful..."

She nodded her head as Heart Healer expressed her thanks, turning back to the remaining pair of ponies while giving a sideways smile at the filly, silently conveying that she would speak more with her in a moment. After all, tensions were just getting worse rather than better.

"Maybe Heart Healer finding us here really was the best thing to happen," the princess said slowly, not wanting to be offensive. "It sounds like you have a lot of deep problems with Canterlot in general, and it's affecting your self-esteem," she added to Ice Storm. "I'm not meaning to be rude, I'm just saying perhaps she would be the best pony to help you."

Ice Storm listened as Heart healer apologized for breaking down like that. What was she apologizing for? Ice was the one that hurt her, not the other way around! She then explained to her that she had the right to be happy just as any other pony did, and that she now saw how much of a burden an ability like hers could be. She also told her not to blame her feelings for her distress. How couldn't I? I caused it! she thought confused.

When the princess added that Heart Healer finding them could have been the best thing to happen. That it sounded like she had a lot of deep problems with Canterlot and that her self-esteem was being affected from it. If only she knew where the root of the problem actually was. Canterlot itself was a heavy weight, Ice wouldn't lie, but that weight at the very least was in the process of being lifted as she made more friends within the city and she was starting to find the right places to go to avoid the more troublesome ponies. Ice couldn't really keep everything inside though, and shoot, if she couldn't trust a princess, much less the princess of love then who could she trust. If anything she'd understand more than Celestia or Luna.

"Perhaps you're right," Ice replied to the princess, "And truth be told Canterlot is just the sour crusted icing on the dried out cake of hurt. I've even found out that there are a lot of decent ponies that are here that I could have let the attitudes of some others spoil for a while, but I... I'm trying to look past the elitist and and find the good in everypony. It's just... My own parents abandoned me for name and status... Constantly being degraded through the school of magic, and being thought of as nothing by a a good portion of the ponies I was around when I lived here makes it very hard keep an open mind. I do think as much as everything's hurt me though, I can't say I don't think it hasn't made me a better pony. Well a better and worse pony at the same time. I absolutely hate with ponies are rude and disrespectful to others, and when I come across that, well my ability to contain myself, as you saw at the open house isn't the best. It's that very reason why I left Canterlot. I didn't want to give any more of a reason for the elites to hate me even more than they already do." she explained turning to Heart Healer.

"And while I know now that it was in part your ability that caused the break down, it wouldn't have been near as bad if I would have been able to control my own feelings, especially considering you had just finished telling me that you could detect them. So I can't help but feel responsible for what happened. So I'll accept you apology on the condition that you accept mine," she said with a small laugh obvious that she was only being partially serious. She had already accepted the apology for the most part even though she still felt like it was her that should be apologizing, not the other way around.

Heart Healer smiled that Princess Cadence was not only ok with her being there despite her emotional outburst but that she was a blessing in disguise to help out Ice Storm with her issues.

"I accept your apology, especially since you accepted mine. That outburst was... unprofessional. Really, I'm better now than I was as a little filly who let her emotions be tossed here and there like a piece of paper in the wind. Bui I digress. Thank you, Princess Candence for asking me to help. I can definitely help you, Ice but first I must ask if you would like the help. And second I must ask if I could use my empath magic again. I know you will probably be worried after what happened before that your emotions you exhibit will cause me discomfort. I can't lie and say that everything will be plesant, but I'm used to feeling negative emotions. So will you accept my help and my magic?"

• 4 weeks later...

Ice Storm's response only further solidified Cadence's beliefs, and she inwardly shook her head. She might be able to promote love and feelings associated with it, but this seemed to be far beyond her reach. She wouldn't even know where to begin to start helping the unicorn. Thankfully, trained professionals like Heart Healer would likely have an easier time with it. At least she hoped so...

"Well, I hope she does accept. If you can help her in any way maybe we can finally get to the root of the problems and start mending the trouble between Canterlot and our friend here," the alicorn said to Heart. "You must have had several horrible experiences here to get this way, and I'm sorry on behalf on everypony here," she added, turning back to Ice.

She wondered where the little filly from before had gotten off to, but then again this situation was rather important. One of her new friends might just resign herself to dejection and misery, and she wouldn't let it happen while she was around.

The purple filly shook her dark blonde and flamy mane and recomposed herself after that kind of silly and exaustive chase. She had been listening to the whole conversation, and could almost identify some of the problems ponies that came to her store tried to solve. Yes, they were hard to solve, because it involved a lot of magic from unicorns like herself and a lot of labor done with herbs and esoterical items litke the ones she sold. She took a few steps towards the group, and cocked her head to the side.

"Sad and bad energies, huh? Well I work a lot with that in my shop and with the ones that come by. I don't know if I can be of any help, but maybe I could try ...", she said, lowering her head and letting her purple horn sparkle with a dark pink tone. She was pretty proud of her abilities and specially her horn, which she thanked Celestia every day for giving her such powers.

the only thing that Ice could do while everypony talked around her was listen. She took in the words that everypony had to tell her like a sponge that was soaking up the water from inside of a bucket. She heard Heart Healer tell her that her outburst was unprofessional and that her she was a lot better now than when she was a little filly. She could only imagine what if would have been like for her then. To have to deal with that almost on a daily basis, it was just down right mean. Ice then heard her ask if she wanted her to help her once again using her empath magic and if she would even like the help. she told her that it may not be pleasant on herself, but she had learned how to deal with the negative emotions when she's actually expecting them. She also heard the princess suggesting that she accept the help, and stating that for things to have gotten this bad, that she must have had a lot of horrible experiences here, and she apologized for that.

"It's not all entirely from Canterlot, a good portion of it is from Fillydelphia too... mainly my parents.... I just, I hurt, and it doesn't just happen to me, I've seen it happen to a lot of ponies, even Luna. Oh, um, Princess Luna rather, to be respectful to her," she replied as she thought about it as the other filly in the area said that she'd like to try to help as well, that she also tried to help with bad energies and that she could try. She didn't know how much she could help but she could try. Little did the filly know that her kindness was already helping a lot. "I accept. Only a fool would turn down something that could potentially make things better. Are you sure you're up for it though Heart? I'd really rather not to see anypony else break down on my behalf again..." she said weakly.

With Ice Storm's agreement and Princess Cadence's endorsement, Heart felt comfortable to use her magic. The other pony chimed in to offer her magical services. Heart wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Multiple ponies using magic on a single other pony was tricky. This was especially true in this case as Heart didn't think that the pony had an ability like hers. Two different spells could cause a backlash against the pony being targeted or even the casters.

"Um... I think that you can probably use your magic later after I'm finished with my part. I don't want anything to happen if different magic spells are crossed."

Heart then heard Ice's concern abouth her safety and sanity. She heard ponies ask her that many times. Her magic was aa rarity, and that it affected the emotions of the pony and was closely tied to the mind it added the concern.

"While I can't promise any emotional breakdowns will not hsappen, I can say I am very confident with my magic. But just in case, Princess Cadence, if I do happen to break down like I did before, will you use your magic to balance me out?"

The pink unicorn hoped that the princess would oblige as that would be a fail safe to what she was going to do. Heart then activated her magic, tapping into the emotional part of Ice's mind.

"Ok Ice, I would like you to start by telling me about your foalhood in Fillydelphia."

Cadence gave a gentle pat to the filly's shoulder as she offered to add her own magic to the mix, leaning down a little to converse with the smaller pony once more. After all, the situation was relatively volatile as it was.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Heart Healer has it well under control. If she needs help though, why don't you use your magic to help me stabilize them? That way we can be doubly sure that we'll bump them back up to where they need to be. If not, there might be a lot more tears than anypony here wants to deal with..."

As she looked on to the impromptu counseling session, a thought began to form in the back of the princess's mind. Didn't she offer something to Ice Storm at the end of the CRPR Open House? She wracked her memory trying to recall it, as whatever it was had seemed to make the mare happy at the time. If nothing else, it gave her something to do while she waited for the empathic unicorn to do her work on the distressed Ice.

"Unfortunately, there really isn't a whole lot to talk about," Ice Storm said slumping over taking a breath. "You might want to make yourself comfortable just in case," she warned before continuing. "Everything started when I lived in Fillydelphia. I was born there. My father was Silver Mane and my mother was Mist Weaver. At first everything started off fine. That was until I started foal-school, when I started at that wretched place, everything changed. My parents met an Aristocratic noble-pony in the city and they quickly became well known friends with him. that being said, they valued their new found image within the city more than anything else. If it didn't improve or maintain their image in the city, they didn't want anything to do with it. Unfortunately, because I was constantly the odd one in school and the one that would always get walked on, spat on, picked on, you name it, it happened to me, I quickly became a burden to them that they cast aside. The were always too busy to even talk at dinner, when I even got it. There was no love anymore, and after only a few months, even the 'I love you's as fake as they were stopped. she said, her voice turning a bit sorrowed.

"After that, everything would just start falling apart. I would go home from foal school and I would run to my mother for a hug but she'd just walk on by. they always told me that I was nothing but a pain in their flank and and that I should just stay in my room locked away from society so that the rest of Fillydelphia didn't have to see their, "pathetic excust of a daughter", telling me that I wasn't even worth their glance, let alone actually being worthy of their time. worthy of their time. This went on for six months. I tried to just deal with it and move on. I hoped that something would click in their minds, that something would happen and we could be a family again, the family I never got to have, but after six months of being completely ignored by the very ponies that said that they would always be there for me only a couple years prior was not an easy pill to swallow..." she commented tears now flowing freely from eyes. "One night, I decided that since I was so unworthy of their time, I'd be better off on my own since I'd practically been living on my own anyway. So I decided to leave...

The very night I left though... I stood in our door way for an entire hour... stating that I was walking out and never coming home... And then never... even looked up..." she stated through a sob. "They didn't even acknowledge that I was leaving, and honestly I doubt that they even noticed that I left. These bracelets were the last thing that my mother gave me before they met the aristocrat.... and the only thing I have left of the loving parents that I used to have, and it was the only thing I had that I was able to leave with. Other than something to carry water in... From there I walked, all the way from Fillydelphia to Canterlot, and that's just everything leading up to Canterlot. That hasn't even started on here yet," she told her sobbing trying to stay as strong as she could. She didn't break down like this when she told Rarity about this, why was it so much more hurtful now? Why was she so much more emotionally unstable? Was it that she actually hadn't completely recovered from what happened at the open house yet? She didn't know, all she knew was that now the memories were hurting, and she wished now that she hadn't remembered them at all.